Sign in to follow this  
Meglamaniac

Blackman at it again

Justin Blackmon given four-game suspension NFL suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Blackmon has been arrested twice for drunk driving, but both offenses were settled before he signed his Jaguars contract. He was not suspended. It means he's committed a new violation. The Jags protected themselves against future transgressions in Blackmon's contract, writing in language that wiped away all his post-signing bonus ($7.11 million) guarantees if he were suspended. Blackmon will be eligible to return October 6 against the Rams. The Jags now have a massive hole opposite Cecil Shorts. Mohamed Massaquoi will likely be asked to step in while Jordan Shipley mans the slot. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Apr 30 - 4:02 PM

$7M for a drunk driving incident? Hope he had a good time that night. Itsatip that cab.

Focking Stillwater Oklahoma

Dez Bryant - Justin Blackmon :doh:

Damn, and I grew up going to the cow pokes games in the late 80's. Thurman Thomas, Mike Gundy, Barry Sanders, Hart lee Dykes.

sad to see another young person with that much talent letting it go down the sewer.....i pray that he finds the lord and good church and turns it around amen

sad to see another young person with that much talent letting it go down the sewer.....i pray that he finds the lord and good church and turns it around amen

I'm sure he has already found the lord... Lord Calvert that is!

Reports are maryjane

Dear Jags Players - please report back to camp April 15th, we/the nfl will be drug testing you upon arrival. Make sure your system is clean. For you pot smokers, stop March 1st to make sure it's out of your system.

Justin Blackmon on April 1st - puff puff give. My 100% never fail detox cleanser will work, I just know it will :doh:

What an idiot.

???

Situation breeds opportunity. Now would be a great time to trade for him in dynasty, while his stock is rock bottom. Potentially good redraft bargain, as well. He's risky, but has top-10 talent.

???

Situation breeds opportunity. Now would be a great time to trade for him in dynasty, while his stock is rock bottom. Potentially good redraft bargain, as well. He's risky, but has top-10 talent.

All the talent in the world won't help him sniff top 10 WR levels, with that QB crop.

If it's a DUI then I agree - if it is weed then it is stupid to suspend him 4 games. The NFL should only have the right to drug test for PED's -- other drugs should be on the team itself to monitor and test/punish if they feel it's needed. If rec drugs got you suspended would Lawrence Taylor of even made it to the NFL?

How far does he fall in your rankings?

Dear Jags Players - please report back to camp April 15th, we/the nfl will be drug testing you upon arrival. Make sure your system is clean. For you pot smokers, stop March 1st to make sure it's out of your system.

Justin Blackmon on April 1st - puff puff give. My 100% never fail detox cleanser will work, I just know it will :doh:

If it is for marijuana, this statement about covers it. Seriously?!?! How dumb can you be to jeopardize your career that has already been out under a microscope by smoking pot before a drug test that is inevitable?

How far does he fall in your rankings?

Waiver wire fodder in a competitive 6-team league. Just a guess tho....

www.whizzinator.com

www.whizzinator.com

Yep, what was that guys name from Minnesota a few years ago that got busted?

Yep, what was that guys name from Minnesota a few years ago that got busted?

Onterrio Smith

Steal of the Draft! :banana:

If it's a DUI then I agree - if it is weed then it is stupid to suspend him 4 games. The NFL should only have the right to drug test for PED's -- other drugs should be on the team itself to monitor and test/punish if they feel it's needed. If rec drugs got you suspended would Lawrence Taylor of even made it to the NFL?

It's part of the CBA. If the players thought it was something worth fighting for, they had their chance.