Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Sams vs Costco

We have our first Costco coming to the area and all the wemmens are abuzz about it.

They both require membership and they both sell in bulk. What's the difference in the two?

We have our first Costco coming to the area and all the wemmens are abuzz about it.

They both require membership and they both sell in bulk. What's the difference in the two?

As an analogy to help you out think about like this.

Sams = Wal Mart

Costco = Target

:dunno:

Costco sells Mortons of Omaha Tri Tips. Sams doesn';t.

Best pre-marinated Tri tip you will ever have in your life.

We had never belonged to either until moving to our current town.

Costco seems to have a greater variety of choices, which may account for it being absolutely packed every time I go by there.

We buy mostly non-perishables in bulk, and Sams has been great for that. It also allows me to avoid all the peole that go to Costco.

They both kinda suck, but Costco might suck less.

Love Costco ( free samples ) :thumbsup: ........sadly though everything costs $10

Salmon

Jalepeno Poppers

Hummus

Meatballs

Grapefruit Cups

Crackers ( Breton )

Snack Shop

Don't know nothing about Sams

They both kinda suck, but Costco might suck less.

How would you know? You never get out of the house :doh:

When your wife beams about the idea of 'stocking up' at one of these places, imagine yourself having to consume defrosted bricks of old food over and over again, night after night...

That said, I get these frozen chipotle tilapia fillets that heat up in the toaster in 15 min and are outstanding...

How would you know? You never get out of the house :doh:

Says the guy who hasn't been outside the mile radius of his own house in a year. :lol:

My wife is assistant store manager at one here in Indy. I could talk all day about that focking place.

As a family of four with two small boys who eat like there is no tommorow, my wife does love the Costco. We are big fruit eaters and they sale 4lb packages of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and apples there. We also buy the frozen tilapia too. Its good for quick meals when we can't eat fresh. She gets paper towels, toilet paper, wine and beer there too. All cheaper than the grocery store or wine store. They have a good selection of booze. I actually buy my golf balls there. Tietlist makes a "Tour Distance" which is a 3 peice ball but doesn't spin as much as the ProV's which is good for me as a double digit handi-cap I get more side spin than not. Two dozen for 30 bucks.

She also loves Trader Joes for her organic, gluten free stuff foods.

Then we buy our meats / fish at the local Lowes Foods They have kick ass deli - fish - meats. We skip the other stuff from there as its so expensive.

You should all do some research on some of the stuff Costco offers that nobody knows about, or only carries online. Just purchased an all inclusive Disney trip for 1k cheaper than any other place we were looking. They also have a very nice auto purchase program. For Gocolts and Phurfur...they also carry caskets.

You should all do some research on some of the stuff Costco offers that nobody knows about, or only carries online. Just purchased an all inclusive Disney trip for 1k cheaper than any other place we were looking. They also have a very nice auto purchase program. For Gocolts and Phurfur...they also carry caskets.

Costco also has its own gas station normally beside the store. Usually 5-10 cents cheaper than the others. Whenever we or she goes we fill er up.

We usually go to Costco when hurricane season starts, grab all the water, batteries and whatnot just in case.

As a family of four with two small boys who eat like there is no tommorow, my wife does love the Costco. We are big fruit eaters and they sale 4lb packages of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and apples there. We also buy the frozen tilapia too. Its good for quick meals when we can't eat fresh. She gets paper towels, toilet paper, wine and beer there too. All cheaper than the grocery store or wine store. They have a good selection of booze. I actually buy my golf balls there. Tietlist makes a "Tour Distance" which is a 3 peice ball but doesn't spin as much as the ProV's which is good for me as a double digit handi-cap I get more side spin than not. Two dozen for 30 bucks.

She also loves Trader Joes for her organic, gluten free stuff foods.

Then we buy our meats / fish at the local Lowes Foods They have kick ass deli - fish - meats. We skip the other stuff from there as its so expensive.

Trader Joes is awesome... But i always walk out of there with the weirdest stuff... Salted wasabi seaweed snacks, hotsauce that tastes like taco bell fire sauce, total randomness.

Costco carries better products, and as mentioned a better variety. Also don't turn your nose up at the Kirkland brand, most of that stuff is fantastic. The owner/CEO guy really does care about the Kirkland brand being the best. We buy lots of produce (wife is a vegetarian), and they consistently provide great fruits/veggies.

I watched some documentary on it once (not on a Costco site, it was on TLC or something).

We love our Costco, and buy alomst all or our groceries/supplies there. We got the Exec card and get 1% cash on all purchases, and blow through the minimum requirement to pay back the extra membership cost. I've bought tires, TVs, clothes, holiday gifts, scotch, wine, furniture - you name it.

Sounds like i'll be grilling something different this year. :thumbsup:

Costco carries better products, and as mentioned a better variety. Also don't turn your nose up at the Kirkland brand, most of that stuff is fantastic. The owner/CEO guy really does care about the Kirkland brand being the best. We buy lots of produce (wife is a vegetarian), and they consistently provide great fruits/veggies.

I watched some documentary on it once (not on a Costco site, it was on TLC or something).

We love our Costco, and buy alomst all or our groceries/supplies there. We got the Exec card and get 1% cash on all purchases, and blow through the minimum requirement to pay back the extra membership cost. I've bought tires, TVs, clothes, holiday gifts, scotch, wine, furniture - you name it.

Isn't the Kirkland brand stuff actually some other brand, but for whatever reason, Costco sells it under the Kirkland name? For example: Their jellybeans are JellyBellies, the appliances are actually Whirlpool and I think someone once said the vodka is actually Grey Goose (not sure if that one is true). :dunno:

Isn't the Kirkland brand stuff actually some other brand, but for whatever reason, Costco sells it under the Kirkland name? For example: Their jellybeans are JellyBellies, the appliances are actually Whirlpool and I think someone once said the vodka is actually Grey Goose (not sure if that one is true). :dunno:

http://tenayagroup.com/blog/2009/10/21/inside-costcos-kirkland-signature-brand/

Pretty interesting that Bumble Bee produces the Costco Kirkland brand albacore tuna... which sells at a higher price and consistently is ranked higher by consumers than Bumble Bee.

Says the guy who hasn't been outside the mile radius of his own house in a year. :lol:

No kidding, right? :music_guitarred:

Sam's is ghetto and sucks ass.

Costco would be good except it's always mobbed. Forget about ever going there on Saturday or Sunday unless you want to lose your will to live.

They have good stuff though. Meat, seafood, produce is all near the top of the line. The freshest halibut I ever got outside of Alaska came from Costco. Their buyers really focus on getting quality products. :thumbsup:

I dislike the idea of any gigantic warehouse crushing smaller, local businesses as well as promoting excess/waste by buying in bulk.

That being said, Costco provides goods products, has an excellent return policy, and treats their employees well. Sams, not so much.

Yep. Pretty much if they sell it at Costco, we get it there. Except wine, which we typically get at Fry's/Krieger because of bigger selection and comparable prices.

I dislike the idea of any gigantic warehouse crushing smaller, local businesses as well as promoting excess/waste by buying in bulk.

That being said, Costco provides goods products, has an excellent return policy, and treats their employees well. Sams, not so much.

So, your ethics about saving the little guy stops at the return policy. :music_guitarred:

No. Did you read the rest of the post?

Read the whole thing.

You hate that they crush the little guy, yet still buy stuff from them when it fits your needs.

Read the whole thing.

You hate that they crush the little guy, yet still buy stuff from them when it fits your needs.

Did I say I buy anything from them? I just enumerated ways they run their business well.

Did I say I buy anything from them? I just enumerated ways they run their business well.

Gotcha.

You personally know about their products, return policy, etc.....how they conduct business, AND how that compares to Sam's, but have never dealt with them.

Seems to me you have either done business with one, or both, or are talking out of your ass.

Wouldn't be the first time for the latter. :thumbsup:

Gotcha.

You personally know about their products, return policy, etc.....how they conduct business, AND how that compares to Sam's, but have never dealt with them.

Seems to me you have either done business with one, or both, or are talking out of your ass.

!@# DOOSHEBAG !@#

Yes RP, I'm talking about you. :wave:

Gotcha.

Nerver purchased (nor returned) anything from Costco. But I've talked to other people (and seen a portion of the documentary) about the philosophy of bulk warehouses. Though its not for me, I can recognize an alternative viewpoint.

You should try it. By "it", I mean talking to people.

Nerver purchased (nor returned) anything from Costco. But I've talked to other people (and seen a portion of the documentary) about the philosophy of bulk warehouses. Though its not for me, I can recognize an alternative viewpoint.

You should try it. By "it", I mean talking to people.

Sorry. I apologize.

I thought you were talking from personal experience, not from watching part of a documentary.

I guess when you claim to know info on other subjects we should inquire about which documentary you watched part of to asses your credibility. :thumbsup:

Sorry. I apologize.

I thought you were talking from personal experience, not from watching part of a documentary.

I guess when you claim to know info on other subjects we should inquire about which documentary you watched part of to asses your credibility. :thumbsup:

Right, and I am certain you'll provide your first-hand experience relevant to the political drivel you post. :thumbsup:

Right, and I am certain you'll provide your first-hand experience relevant to the political drivel you post. :thumbsup:

Get back to me when I base my political opinions on "I talked to other people" and watched part of a documentary. :doublethumbsup:

Get back to me when I base my political opinions on "I talked to other people" and watched part of a documentary. :doublethumbsup:

Jesus christ, how unhappy a man can you be if this is how you spend your nights? Grow up. You're trying to argue over the internet about Costco. Holy fock

Jesus christ, how unhappy a man can you be if this is how you spend your nights? Grow up. You're trying to argue over the internet about Costco. Holy fock

What did you just do? :banana:

I go to Bj's.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52036768

A woman handing out pizza samples at a Virginia Costco was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies Wednesday afternoon after she began acting strangely and came at the officers with a weapon, authorities said.A sheriff's deputy also was wounded in the leg, possibly by a ricochet. He is expected to recover.

Sux is drunk at 5:20 local time.

Good for you. :cheers:

You might want to go check Phurfurs bedpan.

I will give you a tip on high ticket items at Costco. It may be cheaper in one store than another. I bought a TV around $3K at Costco. It was about $150 cheaper at the Hulen store than in Southlake, TX.