Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

So apparently World War Z is actually a good movie

That's what the reviews are saying anyway. I'm a little shocked because the movie was re-shot a bunch and shelved for years, which are usually very bad signs.

Anybody going to see it?

That's what the reviews are saying anyway. I'm a little shocked because the movie was shelved for years, which is usually a very bad sign.

Anybody going to see it?

I'll be seeing it at some point. Previews look cool.

I can't believe they paired Brad Pitt with that Mirelle Enos chick from The Killing. Like that would ever happen IRL.

I can't believe they paired Brad Pitt with that Mirelle Enos chick from The Killing. Like that would ever happen IRL.

I guess Pitt plays an unconventional hero in this movie, so it might not be that weird.

I hate that chick though because I hate everything associated with The Killing. Damn show had me fooled for, like, six episodes before I realized it was total garbage. <_<

I read the book years ago before zombies were the rage. It was a very good book, and I will watch the movie on netflix. I am not spending 30 dollars to go see it in the theaters though.

It got ok reviews from what I can see. The Chicago guy didn't like it. Rotten tomatoes says 68% of the critics liked it.

I read the book years ago before zombies were the rage. It was a very good book, and I will watch the movie on netflix. I am not spending 30 dollars to go see it in the theaters though.

Yeah, me too. I'm interested to see if/how they handle the chapter about the female pilot who has to bail-out over infested territory.

My oldest son and I like to watch The Walking Dead together, and his birthday is Monday, so I'm thinking about taking him to see it for his birthday.

Same here. When I heard about the movie, I just couldn't see how this book would translate to a big budget film. I guess I still don't.

Same here. When I heard about the movie, I just couldn't see how this book would translate to a big budget film. I guess I still don't.

I assume it will be very loosely based

To be honest this was going to be a Net Flix/roku or maybe an On-Demand. Everyone seems to like it and IMO it has to be better than the previews which IMO suck. I don't have the kids this weekend and GF is at her parents -- looks like tonight - Hawks game at the bar, tomorrow Golf and maybe catch that flick after.

i gonna see it this weekend, i will report back with a review

Looking forward to it, heavy-set. Just based on the commercials, I'd give it four bags of popcorn and three cups of soda.

Are you going with anyone?

Was the book any good? That might save me from having to read Hunger Games. :D

Was the book any good? That might save me from having to read Hunger Games. :D

The book was very entertaining and a pretty easy read. The reason I don't see it translating to a movie is that each chapter in the book is told from a different person's point of view. I don't see a character in the book that is Brad Pitt's main character. I guess we'll see.

The book was very entertaining and a pretty easy read. The reason I don't see it translating to a movie is that each chapter in the book is told from a different person's point of view. I don't see a character in the book that is Brad Pitt's main character. I guess we'll see.

Well, wasn't there a main character who was going around taking interviews from each person's perspective? I was assuming Pitt's character would be the interviewer...

Saw this tonight.... I read the book like 4 years ago so I don't remember much about it other than highlights.

The movie was pretty good... kept your anxiety up the whole focking time.... Mrs.....beer (36DD) was a nervous wreck by the end! Haha... Good and entertaining.

Saw it in the 3D... I dunno if it was any better or not that way but it was still a damned good show I think.

Saw this tonight.... I read the book like 4 years ago so I don't remember much about it other than highlights.

The movie was pretty good... kept your anxiety up the whole focking time.... Mrs.....beer (36DD) was a nervous wreck by the end! Haha... Good and entertaining.

Saw it in the 3D... I dunno if it was any better or not that way but it was still a damned good show I think.

Did it actually call them zombies? Or did they use walkers,biters,infected, ect.

Also did the dead run? I hate when zombies run.

Thanks.

Did it actually call them zombies? Or did they use walkers,biters,infected, ect.

Thanks.

Have you not seen the commercials? Apparently, they do nothing but run. They run so fast you can't even tell if they are zombies. They might just be really excited to see Brad Pitt.

Thanks.

They called them Zombies.... uhmmm... HIGHLIGHT SPOILER: They turn in a matter of seconds and it's handled more as an infection/virus rather than undead I think?

Well, at least they actually call them zombies, thats a 2 thumbs up.

Still hate running zombies though. I guess I'll just rent it.

I was just hoping the previews were something else in the movie I guess.

Man I wish O wouldn't of read those "good" reviews. Don't know what mmmmbeer saw but that sucked.

Man I wish O wouldn't of read those "good" reviews. Don't know what mmmmbeer saw but that sucked.

What the fock did you want Moz? Shakespear? It was a focking thriller zombie flick.... it kept me on the edge the whole time.... focker had me up till 2am browsing Crossfit Football websites for new workouts because I was ramped up... the focking show... it was a good waste of a friday night focker... I guess it depends on what your looking for.... oscars.... or a good HOLY FOCK... moment or two.

What the fock did you want Moz? Shakespear? It was a focking thriller zombie flick.... it kept me on the edge the whole time.... focker had me up till 2am browsing Crossfit Football websites for new workouts because I was ramped up... the focking show... it was a good waste of a friday night focker... I guess it depends on what your looking for.... oscars.... or a good HOLY FOCK... moment or two.

I give it a 3 1/2 out of 5. My only complaint was how quickly they wrapped it up at the end. I could have easily sat through another hour.

After seeing I wished I went to see After Earth instead.

Saw this last night with my son.

I'm a fan of the genre, so I could appreciate some of the new twists. The bad part was that the escape from Philadelphia in the beginning was the best part.

I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.\

And Brad Pitt sucked in it. Not that he's a great actor, but he was especially bad in this one.

i gonna see it this weekend, i will report back with a review

well ...

:reported: