Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

B-b-but Seattle can't win on the road!

Won 6 of 7 last road games.

Let's see what the national media comes up with now.

B-b-but Seattle can't win on the road!

That's the type of nonsense shorepatrol would post in a thread that doesn't involve him.

Won 6 of 7 last road games.

Let's see what the national media comes up with now.

Willing to bet ya those espn doushbags will say it was vintage Schaub pick six, and Houston lost the game, instead of us winning it.

Willing to bet ya those espn doushbags will say it was vintage Schaub pick six, and Houston lost the game, instead of us winning it.

It doesn't matter Kopy we are 4-0. They can doubt us all the way to NJ :overhead:

Let's be realistic. The win feels like Christmas. We got outstatted in that game something awful. Houston deserved that win. But we stole it, and I'm not going to apologize for it. We lost so many close road games the past couple of years, that the law of averages will go in our favor at some point. This season is taking a charmed feeling to it, like 2005-06. We have to take advantage, and win a motherfocking Super Bowl, despite sh!tty reffing.

Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson. Cool, man.

wow! just wow!

four and oh

You know...this pretty much encapsulates the day.

It doesn't matter Kopy we are 4-0. They can doubt us all the way to NJ :overhead:

Best thing is you just know Jim Harbaugh was sitting at home wearing nothing but his sponge bob squarepants boxers and his pink fuzzy slippers watching this game.

And after shitting himself and throwing the remote through the TV. He's now kicking the dog, and hitten the wife.

:cheers:

Best thing is you just know Jim Harbaugh was sitting at home wearing nothing but his sponge bob squarepants boxers and his pink fuzzy slippers watching this game.

And after shitting himself and throwing the remote through the TV. He's now kicking the dog, and hitten the wife.

:cheers:

That makes me sad, knowing there is a woman out there that has to have sex with Jim Harbaugh. :(

OK, so what are the injuries from today?

Michael Bennet? Horrific. He is officially listed with a back injury.

Who else?

Who else?

I believe everyone else would just be bumps and bruises.

More importantly is how is Unger (and I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this) BUT, Giacomini?

Giacomini might make a dumb penalty now and then. But he's great for the run game. And if anyone even looked at Wilson, or Lynch the wrong way, he'd flat out kick their @ss.

Who else?

It was reported that Bennett was released from the hospital and was actually headed back to the stadium. Nothing else major that I can remember.

I believe everyone else would just be bumps and bruises.

More importantly is how is Unger (and I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this) BUT, Giacomini?

Giacomini might make a dumb penalty now and then. But he's great for the run game. And if anyone even looked at Wilson, or Lynch the wrong way, he'd flat out kick their @ss.

From what I have heard both Unger and Breno had a chance to play today so I am guessing that both should be back for next week's game. I thought Bowie handled himself ok. McQuistan and Jean Pierre were not so good.

On the Sherman INT TD to tie the game, he lost his shoe before midfield. He was hobbling the rest of the way with just one shoe on.

Believe it, or not.

I am still trying to come down from the high of beating Houston in the most bizarre circumstances ever.

Is this team truly destined for great things this year, or future years? I don't know.

But I'm drunk and happy and lost my voice near the end of regulation.

:banana:

AWESOME win! :clap:

Houston played there hearts out IMO and we took it on the road.

One thing we still need to work on though - We can NOT cover TE's very well. Gonzo killed us last year in playoff's and the problem is still present.

There TE's were open all day and making plays.

But enough about that - HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS. Sweet win. Love this team.

Go Hawks! :first:

Some random thoughts, the day after the miracle win.

Hauschka is a guy nobody really notices. I'm happy we were able to resign him in the offseason. He is quietly automatic inside the 50. Plus, he must have injected a bunch of steroids into his leg in the offseason, as his kickoffs gained distance, and he seems to be getting more distance on his FG attempts.

I'm not pleased that the offense struggles mightily in the first half on the road, especially in 1:00 EST games, over and over again. Just look back. Houston, Carolina, Atlanta, Washington...it's nice to win some of these games, but it's a troubling trend.

I'm hoping some of that anger that is flowing through Houston gets channeled into a frothy rage for their next game, at San Fran.

Quietly, Indy is playing some very solid football. Where they were a bit lucky last year in winning a bunch of toss up games, their defense looks a lot better and Andrew Luck is pulling rabbits out of his hat just like Russell Wilson. It's not going to be easy to get up emotionally for next week.

I'm going to go on record as stating that the Seahawks will lose a regular season game at home this year. Too many people are saying they will run the table, and that's just bad luck.

Some random thoughts, the day after the miracle win.

Hauschka is a guy nobody really notices. I'm happy we were able to resign him in the offseason. He is quietly automatic inside the 50. Plus, he must have injected a bunch of steroids into his leg in the offseason, as his kickoffs gained distance, and he seems to be getting more distance on his FG attempts.

I'm not pleased that the offense struggles mightily in the first half on the road, especially in 1:00 EST games, over and over again. Just look back. Houston, Carolina, Atlanta, Washington...it's nice to win some of these games, but it's a troubling trend.

I'm hoping some of that anger that is flowing through Houston gets channeled into a frothy rage for their next game, at San Fran.

Quietly, Indy is playing some very solid football. Where they were a bit lucky last year in winning a bunch of toss up games, their defense looks a lot better and Andrew Luck is pulling rabbits out of his hat just like Russell Wilson. It's not going to be easy to get up emotionally for next week.

I'm going to go on record as stating that the Seahawks will lose a regular season game at home this year. Too many people are saying they will run the table, and that's just bad luck.

I've been thinking for awhile that the home game against the Saints is going to be a problem. Drew Brees has played in plenty of big road games, and if nothing else, the memory of BeastQuake is going to be a huge motivation for them. Plus Jimmy Graham is a matchup nightmare. If we can't stay with Texans' unheralded TE Garrett Graham on a seam route, what is Jimmy Graham going to do to us? Yikes.

By the way, the schedule is doing us a favor. We are dealing with no Unger and no Giacomini at a time when we are busy playing the entire AFC South. If we do lose to the Colts, it does not affect our conference record. Hopefully by the time we get the Cards on a short week, those guys are back.

what is Jimmy Graham going to do to us? Yikes.

Let's have Richard Sherman answer this:

You're just a man -- we're a team.' ... We've got 11 players out there to play great ball, and we're never going to let one man beat us. It's not just about one man.

No fear! :thumbsup:

I've been saying 13-3 since the end of last year. Houston on the road was one of the 3 losses I pegged. I also thought they would lose to St. Louis at home again, which seems highly unlikely now.

I'm not stupid enough to change my tune to 15-1. Bad vibes doing that. I still think they will lose 3 games.

If the Hawks beat Indy on the road, what will the excuses be?

Also, I havent' been around here a whole lot lately, but does anybody else find it funny how a lot of 49ers fans have completely bailed on Kaepernick after basically anointing him the messiah when he had a big game against the Packers trash D? I've been hearing more than a few pining for Alex Smith.

All those Lombardi Trophies (that they never miss a chance to remind you of) and they are as fair weather as it gets.

I've definitely noticed less trash-talking from the Niners fans. But then again, how much chest-thumping can you do when (1) we destroyed them at home, (2) we're 4-0 and (3) they are sitting there at 2-2?

The funny part to me is the references to the Super Bowl rings. A kid born in '94 to a Niners-rooting family just turned 19 and has never seen a victory parade. Maybe it's time to give those Rings comments a rest for awhile. It's like Anna Nicole Smith rising from the dead and talking about how hot she was in the early 90s.

Week 1 vs. Green Bay. Sunday, Sept. 8, 1:25 p.m.

[WIN] - The opener is at home this year and Kaepernick destroyed them in the playoffs, so I think the edge stays with the 49ers.

Week 2 @ Seattle. Sunday, Sept. 15, 5:30 p.m. *PRIMETIME*

[LOSS] - Seattle will start the season strong. Glad to get this beating out of the way early.

Week 3 vs. Indianapolis. Sunday, Sept. 22, 1:25 p.m

[WIN] - Harbaugh knows Luck & Fleener. Home game coming off a loss.

Week 4 @ St. Louis. Thursday, Sept. 26, 5:25 p.m. *PRIMETIME*

[LOSS] - Short week. Based on Last Year and the draft, I'm giving this one to the Rams.

Week 5 vs. Houston. Sunday, Oct. 6, 5:30 p.m. *PRIMETIME*

[WIN] - Hard to say where each team will be at this point. Home game and a long week coming off a loss, so I'll give it to the 49ers.

Week 6 vs. Arizona. Sunday, Oct. 13, 1:25 p.m.

[WIN] - The 49ers have Arizona's number.

Week 7 @ Tennessee. Sunday, Oct. 20, 1:05 p.m.

[WIN] - The Titans aren't ready for a comeback. Sorry, Delanie. Hope to attend this game!

Week 8 @ Jaguars in London. Sunday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m. *LONDON*

[WIN] - It's the Jaguars. Don't care how far we have to travel.

Week 9 Bye.

Week 10 vs. Carolina. Sunday, Nov. 10, 1:05 p.m.

[WIN] - Kaepernick proves that he should have been the #1 Overall Pick.

Week 11 @ New Orleans. Sunday, Nov. 17, 1:25 p.m.

[LOSS] - Due for a loss. New Orleans could be a contender again.

Week 12 @ Washington. Monday, Nov. 25, 5:40 p.m. *PRIMETIME*

[LOSS] - Back to back road games, but we come to play Primetime. Still going to give an edge to the 'Skins.

Week 13 vs. St. Louis. Sunday, Dec. 1:05 p.m.

[WIN] - We finally figure the Rams out. Hopefully Tavon is on IR at this point.

Week 14 vs. Seattle. Sunday, Dec. 8, 1:25 p.m.

[WIN] - Vengeance Week. The roles from last year are reversed. Lopsided 49ers victory.

Week 15 @ Tampa Bay. Sunday, Dec. 15, 10 a.m.

[LOSS] - Goldston gets the last laugh as the 49ers wasted everything on Seattle last week.

Week 16 vs. Atlanta. Monday, Dec. 23, 5:40 p.m. *PRIMETIME* **LAST CANDLESTICK GAME**

[WIN] - Too much going here not to win. Primetime, Playoff Seed Implications, Last Candlestick Game. 49ers win.

Week 17 @ Arizona. Sunday, Dec. 30, 1:25 p.m.

[WIN] - Brooms for you, Arizona.

I figured we would start 2-2. I just thought that the second loss would come in St. Louis. If I was asked to update my predictions, I would change the purple outcomes. Puts us at 10-6 instead of 11-5.

I've seen the same panic and abandonment in other forums that you mention. Strange to me...but I think most of the "originally outspoken, suddenly silent" Niners fans are of the bandwagon variety - at least in terms of interest in promoting themselves as fans.

I'm a busy man, but you'll always have me! :cheers:

• Like 1

The crazy thing to me is how little needed to have been different to avoid possibly being 2-2. Example:

Wk1: instead of getting stripped of the ball at the 8 yard line and giving it back to Seattle, the Panthers run it in to go ahead 13-12 (they don't make the 2-pt conversion) giving the Hawks a chance to win with 5 minutes to go, but being forced to put together a successful drive.

Wk4: Schaub eats the ball instead of throwing the pick 6, and the Texans punt. Down 7 with under 3 minutes to go against JJ Watt and Co.

The crazy thing to me is how little needed to have been different to avoid possibly being 2-2. Example:

Wk1: instead of getting stripped of the ball at the 8 yard line and giving it back to Seattle, the Panthers run it in to go ahead 13-12 (they don't make the 2-pt conversion) giving the Hawks a chance to win with 5 minutes to go, but being forced to put together a successful drive.

Wk4: Schaub eats the ball instead of throwing the pick 6, and the Texans punt. Down 7 with under 3 minutes to go against JJ Watt and Co.

Years past, we would have been 2-2

Good teams just win.

It's finally nice to be part of that second group.

Years past, we would have been 2-2

Good teams just win.

It's finally nice to be part of that second group.

yep. Good teams win ugly games every now and then.

On MNF, John Gruden just implied that he invented the nickname 'The Legion of Boom'. And then Berman congratulated him on his choice. Seriously? This is like Al Gore taking credit for the internet.

• Like 1

On MNF, John Gruden just implied that he invented the nickname 'The Legion of Boom'. And then Berman congratulated him on his choice. Seriously? This is like Al Gore taking credit for the internet.

I've suffered through the lean years of Frank Gifford, Tony Kornheiser, and the complete bumbling idiocy of John Madden. But nothing, I mean nothing can compare to Jon Gruden, who is the douchebagg retard that Justin Bieber will grown up to be. I simply can't watch MNF anymore. I put on a stattracker and find something else to watch. Jon Gruden is hot, stinking garbage. And, of course, a liar. He couldn't invent a load in his diaper after 4 bowls of prunes and a couple of hours of keegel thrusts.

Jon Gruden is hot, stinking garbage. And, of course, a liar. He couldn't invent a load in his diaper after 4 bowls of prunes and a couple of hours of keegel thrusts.

:lol:

Houston Homer here. I'm still fuming after this nicely gift wrapped win to the Seahawks. A game has never bothered me so much. What a stupid throw, what a dumb play call, what dumb calls and miscalls by the refs, what a dumb fumble by Tate, and even screw Cushing for getting a concussion!

But hey, let bygones be bygones. Let's do each other a favor and both of us win next week! I'm actually predicting a Houston win.

Houston Homer here. I'm still fuming after this nicely gift wrapped win to the Seahawks. A game has never bothered me so much. What a stupid throw, what a dumb play call, what dumb calls and miscalls by the refs, what a dumb fumble by Tate, and even screw Cushing for getting a concussion!

But hey, let bygones be bygones. Let's do each other a favor and both of us win next week! I'm actually predicting a Houston win.

While we have ongoing feuds with fans of certain teams around here, I don't think any of the Seahawks fans have anything but respect for the Texans and their fans. Me? I hate pretty much everything and everybody, but I can't muster any rage at the Texans. Except for that tool bag poster from last year's playoffs that goes by the name Houston Texans, but it turns out he's a Washington Redskins fan. Go figure. The Texans have a lot of talent, clearly. Something seems to be off with them, as they seem to face big games and just don't get it done. For example, New England twice last year and Green Bay. Andre Johnson is pretty much unstoppable and those TEs have great hands and are consistently open. Foster and Tate beat you up at contact. And the defense bring upbelievable pressure. If we see you down the road, you got past Denver, so that would redeem quite a bit for Schaub and the gang.

It's been an insane NFL season so far. Almost any other year, when you see a team dominate a game, clearly outstat an opponent by such a wide margin, they win. The final score makes no sense whatsoever. Believe me, I've looked at all the stats for the game. It makes no sense at all. In addition to the Schaub jersey, I'm shocked no Texan fans set themselves on fire in the parking lot. While the refs missed calls both ways, the most glaring was the lack of call on Tony McDaniel, as he hit Schaub in the facemask on the 3rd and short play in Seattle territory near the very end of regulation. That call would have given the ball to Houston inside the 30 yard line with seconds to go. Ball game. But there were some shitty pass interference calls that cost Seattle points...eh...who am I kidding, the refs suck in every game. I see no difference between these stiffs and the replacement guys.

Well, it would do both franchises a lot of good to win this week and help each other out. By the way, we get Tennessee the following week, so you need us for the next two. Good luck on Sunday.