Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

browner was abused. sherman played overall better than last week (not counting the pick 6 obviously).

the calls/no calls were definitely lopsided. not an excuse though, seattle didn't play well enough to win. receivers weren't getting open, a few key dropped balls. wilson still under a lot of pressure. and also, indy is really good.

That offensive pass interference call on (Tate was it?) when he made that fantastic catch laying out for the ball was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. That call was right up there with the Djax call years ago in the superbowl, when they took away his touchdown to start the game.

That being said. We were without out LT,C,RT,and TE. On the road against a good team, and playing at 1:00est.

And we played a good game. Heck, the game in general was a great game to watch.

You can't win them all, and I can respect Indy. So I suppose I can live with this loss.

Now lets get p!ssed off and totally abuse Tennessee at home, then take a couple road games at Zona, and the lambs.

I can live with a 7-1 record.

Move on, and look foward.

anyone else think the announcers, lynch and the guy I've never seen before, were pretty bad? they said tate had a subtle push off enough to draw the flag, yet made no mention of wayne's push off on browner on the 2pt conversion. when richardson got the 16 yrd run they called it a huge 20 yard gain and compared him to lynch. there were several moments where we just looked at each other like wtf and had to laugh.

before anyone says anything, I'm not whining or crying for more respect. I just thought it was a poorly announced game.

Yeah, Indy is definitely a legit team, with a great young QB and a solid DEF. It would have been awesome to escape with another close 10am, road game but alas...it did not happen. We were not going to go 16-0 this season and this two game road stretch was where I thought we would come away with a loss. I can see us even losing to New Orleans at home, at 49ers and maybe even drop the Thurs night @ ARZ game.

Also, the penalties and conversions for Indy on 3rd down all day yesterday drove me crazy. Along with the horrible PI call against Golden Tate on a fantastic catch..wtf was that. With the way the Huskies lost on Saturday, it was not a good weekend of football for me.

I hate to see Russell's 100 yard rushing effort go to waste as well...

You got beat. Don't whine, blame the refs, etc.

You should be 2-2. Consider yourself lucky.

My god basic math even escapes you. :thumbsdown: The Hawks are what they are: 4-1

Yes the officiating was horrible. BUT the Seahawk defense was not good in the second half, the complete opposite of what happened at Houston. They had the Colts 3rd and 22 late in the game and let them off the hook with 2 stupid penalties (offsides/PI). Bad loss but like I said, if you would have told me we'd would not Harvin,Okung, Unger, Irvin, Clemons, Breno, and Miller for stretches during the first five games and we'd be 4-1, I would have signed up for it in a heartbeat.

No need to panic but I am enjoying the whines about the refs. Keep it up.

I enjoyed Carroll doing his best impression of the Wade Phillips face as the clock ticked down at the end.

honest question, is it possible to point out bad officiating in a loss without it being'whining? I think everyone agrees that Seattle lost that game. They flat out did not play well enough to win. The bad calls (some of them blatant) are pretty damn hard to ignore though.

honest question, is it possible to point out bad officiating in a loss without it being'whining? I think everyone agrees that Seattle lost that game. They flat out did not play well enough to win. The bad calls (some of them blatant) are pretty damn hard to ignore though.

Ignore DrG. He is a 49er fan obsessed with the Seahawks. Hence his living in a Seahawk thread and ignoring his home team thread. HTH

I enjoyed Carroll doing his best impression of the Wade Phillips face as the clock ticked down at the end.

Hi baldy :wave:

I'd be more concerned w Indy putting up 34 w good not great wrs than the officiating

There are bad calls in every game and good teams overcome them

Seattle will need to win on the road to take that next step

I'd be more concerned w Indy putting up 34 w good not great wrs than the officiating

There are bad calls in every game and good teams overcome them

Seattle will need to win on the road to take that next step

agreed. but they're overcoming (have they already?) the road woes. dating to the midpoint last season including playoffs they are 5-3. so far this season 2-1.

I go back the the halfway point last year because its a nice even point, they started opening up the playbook, and it helps serve my argument.

Says the guy whose team lost to the Colts 27-7 at home no less :lol:

And crushed Houston, a team you barely beat...

Hood, nice analysis.

Knuckle hawk here will be squawking again ....

And crushed Houston, a team you barely beat...

Hood, nice analysis.

Knuckle hawk here will be squawking again ....

Yes you crushed HOU a team the Hawks beat into submission over the last three quarters of that game so YWIA.. Oh and if we are comparing performances in wins/losses let's compare the only stat that matters right now. The last 2 games between the Hawks and Whiners--71-16. Now STFU :wave:

Well, I took some time away for perspective. Considering the difficulty of the early season schedule, going into the season, knowing that one of those wins was a blow out over the San Francisco team, 4-1 is something I would have accepted. The pattern continues of winning games in blow outs at home, and playing each game on the road to one possession. The game against Houston should have been a loss. Houston dominated early, and it took that pick 6 to tie it up, a bit of an unlikely play. On the other hand, Seattle dominated Indianapolis and lost. So, it's a wash. I wanted a split on the road games to Houston and Indy, and that's what we got. Sure, you start to think greedy after you get the first one. I've read countless articles in national media of how fortunate Indy was to get nearly every dubious call in that game to go in Indy's favor. But I'm not naive to think home teams in the NFL don't get more calls to go their way than visiting teams, as refs will side with an angry mob in the stands more often than not. It's just human nature. No doubt, there were many blown calls. But I would be wrong to overlook a blocked FG going the other way, settling for FGs and not finishing drives, and using up all the timeouts before the final drive of the game.

So now we hit a rather soft spot in the schedule, with Tennessee, at Arizona, at St Louis, Tampa Bay coming up. Are any of these game potential losses? Sure. Will the Seahawks lose any of them. I doubt it. Tennessee is one dimensional on offense with a backup QB and little WR options to throw to. Arizona can't score points. St Louis can't run the ball and can't cover anybody. Tampa Bay is an awful mess and Mike Glennon was a lousy college QB. The offensive line is getting Unger back, Harvin is a couple of weeks away from being back. The defensive line has been improving every week, becoming an elite unit. I'm troubled by the blown coverages in the secondary. Why are we playing so much zone all of the sudden? Why did Lynch only get 17 carries vs Indy? How do you have a pair of 100 yard rushers and lose? Who was the focktard that reviewed the blocked punt and still got the easy call wrong? Has Jax or KC picked up every single guy this team has cut, the latest being Stephen Williams?

Tennessee looked like chop meat against KC. Tenn is tough in the trenches. However, expect a mud stomping.

They are who we thought they were. 2012 all over again. They better get home field advantage or they'll be watching the Super Bowl at home. Again. Too bad they can't carry the 12th man advantage around with them. Very mediocre anywhere else.

Short term view.. The next 6 weeks, I think we can rather easily pull off a 5-1 record. We're definitely at our sweet spot in the schedual. If we can go into our bye week with a fairly healthy team, and be sitting at a 9-2 record, I'd take it any day.

The amount of 1:00est road games we got was a bit much, but it's balanced out nicely in the next 6 weeks with the level of comp. we play, plus the late bye.

Week 13 comes, and we're a rested/healthy 9-2 team that's welcoming back Percy Harvin. Things will be looking good.

As far as the 49ers go. I've said it before, and I'm gonna rant again. I respect the hell out of the franchises history. Kap, I think is kind of punkish, and the superman stuff is alittle much. But theirs no denying his ability. I love seeing him escape pressure and throw on the run, ala wilson. Gore and Boldin are pure throwback football players. And when he gets healthy, watch Quinton Patten become the next Boldin, this kid is a flat out baller.

But jesus christ is Jim Harbaugh a flat out doushbag. This guy is more annoying than Buddy,Rex, and Rob Ryan all shitfaced and in the same room with eachother.

I absolutely hate everything this man does. He is a horrible neanderthal of a human being.

I would sell my soul to the devil, just to see Tom Cable go across the field and round house that sob. A 1 punch knockout.

Short term view.. The next 6 weeks, I think we can rather easily pull off a 5-1 record. We're definitely at our sweet spot in the schedual. If we can go into our bye week with a fairly healthy team, and be sitting at a 9-2 record, I'd take it any day.

The amount of 1:00est road games we got was a bit much, but it's balanced out nicely in the next 6 weeks with the level of comp. we play, plus the late bye.

Week 13 comes, and we're a rested/healthy 9-2 team that's welcoming back Percy Harvin. Things will be looking good.

As far as the 49ers go. I've said it before, and I'm gonna rant again. I respect the hell out of the franchises history. Kap, I think is kind of punkish, and the superman stuff is alittle much. But theirs no denying his ability. I love seeing him escape pressure and throw on the run, ala wilson. Gore and Boldin are pure throwback football players. And when he gets healthy, watch Quinton Patten become the next Boldin, this kid is a flat out baller.

But jesus christ is Jim Harbaugh a flat out doushbag. This guy is more annoying than Buddy,Rex, and Rob Ryan all shitfaced and in the same room with eachother.

I absolutely hate everything this man does. He is a horrible neanderthal of a human being.

I would sell my soul to the devil, just to see Tom Cable go across the field and round house that sob. A 1 punch knockout.

I might be wrong but I am not worried about SF. NO and their 5-0 start is worrisome.

I might be wrong but I am not worried about SF. NO and their 5-0 start is worrisome.

Yep, your wrong

Yep, your wrong

That's pretty ballsy, underestimating New Orleans like that.

Hawk fans: With the Falcons season all but over, do you think PC & JS take a run at Tony Gonzalez? I mean he only came back because he thought the Falcons were a SB team. We are. Might be a good opportunity. What do you all think?

Hawk fans: With the Falcons season all but over, do you think PC & JS take a run at Tony Gonzalez? I mean he only came back because he thought the Falcons were a SB team. We are. Might be a good opportunity. What do you all think?

I'm against it.

It adds to the cap and takes away money from resigning/extending guys, like Tate and Bennett. I'd rather have Zach Miller, one of the best all around TEs blocking for the most run oriented team in the league over old man Gonzo. Gonzo is a guy that will run great routes and catch the ball for you. But once Harvin gets back, how much room to operate over the middle would Tony have? And I really don't want to part with late round draft picks, considering how much better this team is at getting talent on the 3rd day of the draft than day 1.

I got a longer look at the schedule. Man, that Atlanta game is not quite as troubling as it was. Also, them losing on Monday Night knocked a boatload of folks out of my suicide pool. I thought everybody would jump on the Rams just to use them up last week like I did over Jax, but many opted for Atlanta. Oh, well.

So, I'm thinking of taking Denver this week. Call it a hunch. :thumbsup:

I got a longer look at the schedule. Man, that Atlanta game is not quite as troubling as it was. Also, them losing on Monday Night knocked a boatload of folks out of my suicide pool. I thought everybody would jump on the Rams just to use them up last week like I did over Jax, but many opted for Atlanta. Oh, well.

So, I'm thinking of taking Denver this week. Call it a hunch. :thumbsup:

Took ATL!! :doh: SERENITY NOW!!!!

I'm against it.

It adds to the cap and takes away money from resigning/extending guys, like Tate and Bennett. I'd rather have Zach Miller, one of the best all around TEs blocking for the most run oriented team in the league over old man Gonzo. Gonzo is a guy that will run great routes and catch the ball for you. But once Harvin gets back, how much room to operate over the middle would Tony have? And I really don't want to part with late round draft picks, considering how much better this team is at getting talent on the 3rd day of the draft than day 1.

I love Zach Miller but he is always banged up and we are really thin behind him. In fact, I hate Kellen Davis. Willson has flashed a bit but he is stuill a rookie. Was thinking Gonzo paired with Miller could be an awesome combo. Not sure about the contract though so good points there.

Since this seems to be the SF fans spot to stop by after Seattle losses and whatnot, and considering Seattle doesn't lose much nowadays, but they lost this week, so they popped out, let me hear the SF take on Aldon Smith's criminal gun charges and the effect those might have on the teams' long term success. I'll hang up and listen.

I guess we won't be getting an answer for a month or two, or whenever the Hawks lose again.

Go Hawks!!

Since this seems to be the SF fans spot to stop by after Seattle losses and whatnot, and considering Seattle doesn't lose much nowadays, but they lost this week, so they popped out, let me hear the SF take on Aldon Smith's criminal gun charges and the effect those might have on the teams' long term success. I'll hang up and listen.

I guess we won't be getting an answer for a month or two, or whenever the Hawks lose again.

Go Hawks!!

Well since you asked :)

This case has been public for a whole so it's not a big surprise they filed these charges. I haven't gone super deep into it but apparently the guns were bought legally in Arizona but are not legal in California.

I doubt he ends up doing jail time, and who knows when the suspensions come from the NFL for both this and the DUI, so tough to say. TBH his future with the team is definitely in jeopardy.

The rookie Lemonier has looked good and Tank should be ready to go soon as well, so while it hurts the pass rush. It's not fatal.

But yeah, that kid has some serious issues. Some of these guys just seem destined to waste their talent.

Not anywhere near as bad as the former Seahawks charged w murder and manslaughter a la Aaron hernandez

Go Hawks!!

Looking at 4 years in the pokey :overhead: Yup good ol' Dooshbag Harbaugh has an alcoholic, gun and knife wielding DE who needs serious treatment and he plays him in a game against the Colts. Way to put to put the team before the player :clap: :banana: Dooshbag Harbaugh style!

Thumbs down on signing Gonzo. Philly already mentioned the cap hit which I would not want, but it also seems to me like the weakest link on the team through wk5 of the season is the O-line. Concentrated injuries in one group always takes a toll. Is Gonzo going to come in and block his arse off? No. He goes out for passes and on that, he's really good. But we have plenty of good pass catchers now, plus Harvin coming. No, if we're going to bring in a TE, give me a road-grader of a guy who can line up next to LT or RT and help create lanes for Lynch to run through.

Funny...the 2 Hawk fans...ultra right wingers...bag on the guy for legally buying guns in Arizona and focking up in Cali.

Simply because he is a 9er.

So shocked I tell ya.