Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Alex Smith is 3-0.

Colin Kaepernick is 1-2.

Uh, oh. Hey, SF, It's time to panick.

The Seahawks blew out Jax. Indy blew out SF. Ariz lost. StLouis lost.

It's been a good day. Except I am dissatisfied with the amount of points the defense is giving up, giving Jax some dress up points. That's focking bullsh!t.

I demand two more TDs out of the backup offense to make me happy. in the 4th quarter. It's all about style points right now.

R Wilson threw 4 TDs passes in limited action.

T Jax looked damn good in a relief role.

3-0 in the division, everybody else 1-2.

Good time, good times.

49ers just cleaned out Aldon Smith's locker and suspended him indefinitely. He's off to substance abuse rehab. His blood alcohol level was over twice the legal limit and he was found with his car up against a tree with his foot on the accelerator pedal.

Lol this is the difference between a fan base that's seen a Super Bowl win and one that hasn't. You over react and either wet your pants or expect others to panic.

Both ravens and rams personnel have said the 49ers tipped their plays

And who's responsible for that? Coach. This has been a rumor for more than awhile that hasn't been squashed yet. Whether it holds any substance is pure speculation

49ers just cleaned out Aldon Smith's locker and suspended him indefinitely. He's off to substance abuse rehab. His blood alcohol level was over twice the legal limit and he was found with his car up against a tree with his foot on the accelerator pedal.

Eh, that's a bummer. No comment.

Lol this is the difference between a fan base that's seen a Super Bowl win and one that hasn't. You over react and either wet your pants or expect others to panic.

Panic. Don't make excuses. Just go out into the ether and panic.

And reflect on your bravado earlier in this thread.

And who's responsible for that? Coach. This has been a rumor for more than awhile that hasn't been squashed yet. Whether it holds any substance is pure speculation

Hey, man......you know.....

I really wanted to come up with something positive to say. But that just isn't my style, so.......eh.......I'll see ya later?

You know, as this latest bout of alcohol really, really sinks in, how good does that win over Carolina on the road look, given the way they smashed the balls out of the NY Giants today.

Fock. SF is in trouble, down 20-7 with 4 minutes to go. And Indy just recovered a fumble. Might be time to go out and drink it up, with Seattle up 2 games in the division just 3 games in.

Hey, Harbaugh, it's time to panick. :banana:

Thursday night game against the Rams. Dooshbag Harbaugh is looking at 1-3. Super Bowl losers curse!! Lol

Helping marshawn lynch w his DUI case.

Wait .... He's been out of school for awhile, shouldn't he know better?

Kidding aside not too happy w the 9ers start obviously.

But panic is where your mindset would go if the hawks started rough, not mine

Helping marshawn lynch w his DUI case.

Wait .... He's been out of school for awhile, shouldn't he know better?

Kidding aside not too happy w the 9ers start obviously.

But panic is where your mindset would go if the hawks started rough, not mine

Clueless DrG :overhead:

Just enjoying this start. My team is 3-0 and has a two-game lead on the rest of the division. There are only 5 teams with a winning record in the entire NFC, and only Chicago and New Orleans are similarly 3-0 in the NFC. We also get the Saints at home later this year, so chances are, we win that tiebreaker. :banana:

Ground , your team is off to a good start and it might be their year. I think ditka sees similarities to 85 Bears. Well see.

Well, I've been running my mouth all off season that St Louis was going to finish in 2nd place in this division. I have two entries in my significant money survivor pool, and I'm spending one of those choices tonight, Thursday Night Football. I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

St Louis.

Hey, if they want to finish ahead of SF, they have to win this game. And the time is ripe to capitalize on a mentally and physically wounded team. My site keeps emailing me "Are you sure you want to take an underdog?"

Yes.

Well, I've been running my mouth all off season that St Louis was going to finish in 2nd place in this division. I have two entries in my significant money survivor pool, and I'm spending one of those choices tonight, Thursday Night Football. I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

St Louis.

Hey, if they want to finish ahead of SF, they have to win this game. And the time is ripe to capitalize on a mentally and physically wounded team. My site keeps emailing me "Are you sure you want to take an underdog?"

Yes.

Oops

Dagblammit. Guess the Rams are officially the worst team in the division. :thumbsdown:

Congrats to Arizona for their surprise #2 ranking.

What do you guys think of Bradford?

I liked him coming out of college. And with the different head coaches, and multiple O coaches/systems (a definite lack of weapons historically also). I've given him pass after pass, and kept saying next year.

Their's just something about him. I don't think he's a franchise QB in the NFL. Definitely not startable in a 12 team fantasy league.

I think I'm done defending him, and he just won't win in the NFL. He doesn't have that certain "it" factor.

What do you guys think of Bradford?

I liked him coming out of college. And with the different head coaches, and multiple O coaches/systems (a definite lack of weapons historically also). I've given him pass after pass, and kept saying next year.

Their's just something about him. I don't think he's a franchise QB in the NFL. Definitely not startable in a 12 team fantasy league.

I think I'm done defending him, and he just won't win in the NFL. He doesn't have that certain "it" factor.

I also liked him out of college. I would say his problems are 60% on the receivers, 40% on him. I recall reading somewhere that on passes to Amendola, when he was a Ram, his numbers were pretty good. Aside from Amendola? Pretty ugly. Forget the source of this though.

I looked over at Pro Football Reference for some context. For his career Bradford is a 58 percent completion passer, which is not going to cut it. Russell Wilson is at 64 percent. Peyton Manning, 69 percent. Even Philip Rivers (who I think we can agree is a very good but not great QB) is 64 percent. Maybe it's because the Rams' WRs are not good and have not been good for awhile, Amendola aside. Bradford does not have a single receiver on his roster over the age of 26. This means no one with the experience level of a Steve Smith or an Anquan Boldin, or, hell, even a Santana Moss, to help him out. Maybe this is because they do a lousy job of drafting WRs and they have to go back to the draft to find new talent.

On the other hand it's also partly on Bradford. It would be one thing if his completion rate was sub-par because he is taking a ton of shots down the field, but he really isn't. His average yards per attempt is just 6.2, for his career. Russell Wilson is 8.1, Peyton is 7.7 (but 9.4 this year), and Rivers is 7.8. This means he is basically dinking and dunking his way down the field, and doing a pretty lousy job of it. If he's this inaccurate on short throws, either his WRs are truly awful (which for most of his career has been true) or he's just a mediocre QB (also true).

Bottom line, not startable in a 12-team league. But I think he signed under the old CBA which means his cap hit is probably huge if they cut him (not sure about that though).

crap. JJ Watt is going to go ballistic. I do not think McQ can handle left tackle well enough, so I would rather go with those UDFA bookends in Bailey and Bowie respectively, and LJP at center. But, but... we've got Sweezy! He's a monster at RG!

(trying to stay positive)

probably also a safe assumption that we are going to lean heavily on the running game this week, which probably means Carp at LG, and a steady diet of Marshawn, Girl's Name, Turbin and Ware. Plus Miller doing a fair bit of blocking and chipping at the line to slow down #99. And some screen passes to slow down the pass rush when we do pass.

crap. JJ Watt is going to go ballistic. I do not think McQ can handle left tackle well enough, so I would rather go with those UDFA bookends in Bailey and Bowie respectively, and LJP at center. But, but... we've got Sweezy! He's a monster at RG!

(trying to stay positive)

probably also a safe assumption that we are going to lean heavily on the running game this week, which probably means Carp at LG, and a steady diet of Marshawn, Girl's Name, Turbin and Ware. Plus Miller doing a fair bit of blocking and chipping at the line to slow down #99. And some screen passes to slow down the pass rush when we do pass.

I think Ware is out with a high ankle sprain. Otherwise your analysis is spot on. The defense should be able to handle the Texan offense. As long as the offense the turn the ball over and give the game away. this is still a winnable game. If the football gods had asked me before the season would I take a 3-1 start with all the injuries/suspensions to start the year, I would have signed up for it in a heartbeat. That being said, we have a GREAT shot at going 4-0 and then getting another piece of the puzzle back next week. Plus Harvin is making great strides in his recovery. It's all good!

Enjoying the ability to invade

Like I said knuckle hawk don't panic

5 Super Bowls and counting up

Living in a Seahawk thread. I'm embarrassed for you.

Just above you asked where the Niner fans are. I'm not embarrassed for you. But you are an embarrassment.

I would love to get a realistic answer as to your life. I'm thinking 3 choices. A kid. A drunk in a crappy appartment. A 20 something who has never left moms house.

But I know I won't. Just a comment that doesn't make sense followed by a :banana:

Hou is not great, but if you win that one on the road it's a good win. If not, it's back to a one trick pony.

Just above you asked where the Niner fans are. I'm not embarrassed for you. But you are an embarrassment.

I would love to get a realistic answer as to your life. I'm thinking 3 choices. A kid. A drunk in a crappy appartment. A 20 something who has never left moms house.

But I know I won't. Just a comment that doesn't make sense followed by a :banana:

Hou is not great, but if you win that one on the road it's a good win. If not, it's back to a one trick pony.

Wow the rats come back after beating the Lambs LOL yea 71-16 beat downs have left a mark!!

Enjoying the ability to invade

Like I said knuckle hawk don't panic

5 Super Bowls and counting up

49er fans living in the past, ignoring the present, dreaming of the future...

Wow the rats come back after beating the Lambs LOL yea 71-16 beat downs have left a mark!!

You just "LOL'd" yourself. That's little girl there.

Oh wait. Almost forgot. :banana: