Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Touché ;)

But we at least now have a bigger WR crew to go up against the adderall twins twice a year. :D

That worked out well for you last night! :overhead:

I hope Seattle plays great this week. My team will be up against Kaepernick, Gore, Boldin and Davis.

Come on Hawks!!

Congrats on your win :thumbsup:

Where to begin. Oh, yeah. 7 days ago, I knocked the game right on the screws. :selfhighfive:

If I'm a San Fran fan this morning, I'm questioning life, the universe, everything. This is now 2 games in a row where Seattle punished, smothered, outcoached, outplayed, outexecuted, and fisted the 49ers. After the Thurmond interception, I felt the game was over. The safety clinched. Never a doubt in my mind that the game was in the bag. How bad is San Francisco? They actually made our bust of a draft pick James Carpenter look good. It's a referendum on Colin Kaepernick. It's clear that he does not have any WRs to throw to at this time. I watched the guy play for years at Nevada. He is basically a one read and then tuck and run QB. He isn't going to win you a title sitting in the pocket, no matter how close he got to one last year. Harbaugh has put the kid in a position to succeed with successful play calling. Wilson is the much smarter QB, while Kaepernick is more physically talented. But you just can't fool a good defense with Kaepernick's shortcomings, which includes being a pocket passer, especially against this defense. San Fran is not built to beat Seattle without a lot of things going right, especially after Seattle has established itself in the trenches. They've had the better skill position players and secondary. Now that the big guys won the battles, where does SF have the advantages besides an easier schedule? That SF secondary has issues, and SF just doesn't have a consistent passing game. Just saying.

Wilson looked shaky early, but he's a duck furiously paddling while his torso is calm. The guy is so in control at all times, and as it's been typical, he settles down and looks invincible in the 2nd half. Lynch the running game came up huge. The defense was magic. The last 3 times Seattle has played SF, they held them to 13,13, and 3 points. That's just plain old terrific defense. The pass rush finally showed up, after many years of not seeing a whiff of one. Arvil, Bennett, and the rest were great. The secondary is among the best ever assembled. After the game, Sherman came up behind Harbaugh and smacked him on the ass. Oh, that's going to leave a mark. You know that Harbaugh probably punched his wife this morning. Hey, I haven't slept in 3 days and people are talking about a Seattle-Denver Superbowl. Somebody pinch me. Poor Gus Bradly. Emotional let down or not, the Jags are going to get killed next week. Are we going to be favored by 20?

That's one of the single greatest thing's I've ever seen in my life.

I had to rewind the game to make sure I saw what I did, and it wasn't just my extreme case of liquidification.

People can think Sherman's a jerk if they want. But they should at least know his history, his families history, and his relationship with his former college coach. Mr. big fat doushbag Jim Harbaugh. Before they judge this incident.

A really staggering thought is that we beat down SF without Percy Harvin, Chris Clemons, Brandon Browner, Bruce Irvin, and Russell Okung (got hurt early, probably turf toe). This team will add 4 Pro Bowlers to last night's team in the very near future.

A really staggering thought is that we beat down SF without Percy Harvin, Chris Clemons, Brandon Browner, Bruce Irvin, and Russell Okung (got hurt early, probably turf toe). This team will add 4 Pro Bowlers to last night's team in the very near future.

Exactly. And the beauty of this team is that while there is a swagger, guys like Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas will NOT let this go to their heads. These guys work, work, work.

Seahawks are -19.5 against the Jags next week.... LOL!

opened at 16, now seeing -20

thing is, this is a classic let down spot, coming off a huge SNF win over their rival and then playing a non conference team.

but then again, this is the jags and chad henne. chad henne? was JP losman not available?

also, the jags just played at OAK, i bet they didnt even go home.

That was a hell of win, especially considering the way the arrows were pointing for each of the teams involved after week 1.

The turd in the punch bowl for this game. I hope they hold him out this week. McQuistan and Carpenter played very well in his absence.

Agreed. But next man up. Bowie or Bailey?

especially considering the way the arrows were pointing for each of the teams involved after week 1.

The way the arrows were pointing after week 1?? :wacko: OBTW, Richard Sherman has a message for your type:

"There are a lot of pundits and ignorant idiots who thought, 'Oh, Seahawks are going to lose this game,' " he said. "Well, please. Please don't doubt us again.

"We didn't execute the way we should have across the board," Boldin said. "It wasn't nothing that they did. It was us not executing, point blank."

Ouch. How embarrassing. Really, Anquan? You gonna go with that excuse? You didn't execute. You couldn't run the ball, Kaepernick got held to a career low in passing yards, a week after Seattle held Cam Newton to a career low in passing yards, and it was y'all NOT EXECUTING? Well, you know how this bit goes. Maybe you should have gone out back behind the stadium and executed yourself after the game. Punk. Ass. B!tch.

Russell Okung torn ligament in his big toe. Out for at least a few weeks.

Not good. Our best lineman. :(

Well, at least we face Jax, which is terrible against the run, this week. Expect a lot of Turbin, Ware, and maybe even see Girl's Name activated for the game, if he can figure out how to block somebody. Geez. Girl's Name is a candidate to be deactivated every week this year, unless he gets his lazy ass in gear. Sheesh. It's this week or never. Lynch isn't going to play the whole game if everything goes according to script.

Bring on the entire AFC South for the next month. Bring it. Everybody has a game plan, until they get punched in the mouth. We'll eat their children and have our way with their pets. :mad: :mad:

And another thing....

the loss of Michael Robinson is killing us. Look, we ran the ball well last night. But we could have ran it sooooooo much better. Coleman is not getting the job done lead blocking for Lynch. I appreciate Coleman's receiving ability in the game vs Carolina, but we need a Rob/Lynch running combo, and I really hope Schneider has been working the phones to try to get M Rob to come back for a pay cut. They sorely miss his blocking.

Nice win for the Hawks no doubt. But you haven't arrived until you can pull off a sweep and retake the conference crown.

We will see you in San Francisco.

Nice win for the Hawks no doubt. But you haven't arrived until you can pull off a sweep and retake the conference crown.

Can't. Wait.

. But you haven't arrived until you can pull off a sweep and retake the conference crown.

You mean like the Niners swept the Hawks last year? Dec 8th. It's already circled.

Russell Okung torn ligament in his big toe. Out for at least a few weeks.

Not good. Our best lineman. :(

I would be surprised if Okung plays again this year. :thumbsdown:

Had you been to the Super Bowl last year, or even won the division last year, or had any kind of consistent or dynasty-type run, I would not have alluded to winning 2 out of 2. But ... Seattle is one of those teams in the NFL that has never won a Super Bowl.

I'm jaded, yes, but I recall when the 49ers got crushed by Philly 40-8 late in the season, but rebounded and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Nonetheless, Seattle played well last night. Nice win, definitely gives you a leg up and some confidence next week facing the juggernaut that is not Jacksonville.

One takeaway: Greg Roman's job as 49ers OC is on the line. There was and is concern somebody on that offense, whether it is scheme or a player tipping some of the plays, or both. The 9ers will have some time to get that sorted.

December 8 is circled on a few calendars here too.

Had you been to the Super Bowl last year, or even won the division last year, or had any kind of consistent or dynasty-type run, I would not have alluded to winning 2 out of 2. But ... Seattle is one of those teams in the NFL that has never won a Super Bowl.

I'm jaded, yes, but I recall when the 49ers got crushed by Philly 40-8 late in the season, but rebounded and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Nonetheless, Seattle played well last night. Nice win, definitely gives you a leg up and some confidence next week facing the juggernaut that is not Jacksonville.

One takeaway: Greg Roman's job as 49ers OC is on the line. There was and is concern somebody on that offense, whether it is scheme or a player tipping some of the plays, or both. The 9ers will have some time to get that sorted.

Since the time Seattle joined the NFC West, they've won the division 5 times. Nobody else has won it more than twice. Clearly, Seattle has been the big dog in the division. What are we talking about? Going back to Joe Montana and Steve Young. Well, not every franchise is fortunate enough to find a single franchise QB, much less two. Dave Krieg, Matt Hasselbeck, um...uh...nope. SF was fortunate enough to get to the Super Bowl last year, and was even more fortunate that Atlanta pulled off a miracle drive against a shitty soft zone defense to avoid a third game vs Seattle. Stupid Gus Bradley and his shitty prevent defenses. It's not Greg Roman's play calling. Was that the problem against Green Bay? Or maybe the personnel isn't as good as advertised and Harbaugh needs a scapegoat. Fast. We report, you decide.

Before I blow this post up, please clarify for me what you mean by "had any kind of consistent or dynasty-type run". WTF are you talking about?

http://i.imgur.com/45lEmGR.gif

I'll have to settle for a small victory, I guess. This play made my night. Oh, Mr. Sherman... :lol:

Congrats on the win, Hawks. You certainly have our number in your house.

Any Niner Homer who thought we would win this game when the schedule came out was lying to themselves. I, for one, am relieved that it came so early in the season. The injuries sure suck, but I think it's a game that we will be able to bounce back from handily - hopefully humbling our guys enough to have a successful season.

Here's to a great race, gentlemen. I hope to God we don't have a postseason game in Seattle. :cheers:

P.S. - If Vernon can't go and you have room on your fantasy team, you may want to pick Vance McDonald up. He has a reputation for bad hands, but he's fast, athletic, and bulky. He's the guy in the gif above.

Who won the NFC West 4 years in a row from 2004-2007?

Well, I'm alive in my two suicide pools. I submitted both my picks for this week, both are Seattle. Letdown or not, they are favored by 20 points for a reason. And I expect pretty much everybody to take Seattle this week too, and if they happen to lose, most suicide pools will end this week as everybody will get wiped out together.

Jax is scoring 5.5 points per game and Seattle is allowing 5 points per game. Do the math.

It's nice to win the division, yes ... a nice 'liitle' run.

We just have higher standards - winning the Super Bowl. Everything else is secondary. Until your team wins one, you may not understand.

If the SF offense is tipping some of its plays, that is a criticism not a scapegoat. And it is a credit to the hawks for exploiting that

We just have higher standards - winning the Super Bowl. Everything else is secondary. Until your team wins one, you may not understand.

If the SF offense is tipping some of its plays, that is a criticism not a scapegoat. And it is a credit to the hawks for exploiting that

Geezus, listen to yourself. You don't even believe what you are typing. Kaepernick had nobody to thrown to because the secondary shut down everything San Fran wanted to do, and the 49ers couldn't figure out how to adjust at all. Again. They had an hour during the rain delay to figure out a way to scheme against the defense. What did they do? 3 plays and a punt right out of the chute. San Fran's coaches are stupid and the players lack talent. I can't see how San Fran can ever beat Seattle again. Ever. It's over. Your window is shut.

BEEP. BEEP. HERE COMES THE FAILDOZER.

I didn't think you could answer my question. Tipping plays :lol: focking pathetic :overhead:

Well, I'm alive in my two suicide pools. I submitted both my picks for this week, both are Seattle. Letdown or not, they are favored by 20 points for a reason. And I expect pretty much everybody to take Seattle this week too, and if they happen to lose, most suicide pools will end this week as everybody will get wiped out together.

Jax is scoring 5.5 points per game and Seattle is allowing 5 points per game. Do the math.

We just knocked out 20% of the pool with Cleveland upsetting Minnesota. Really? Y'all taking Ponder to keep you alive. Duh.

Go Hawks!!

Halfway through the 2nd quarter, and Jax just picked up their first down. And that has infuriated me. Fock those bums.

Eh, a number of folks are on San Fran to win today too, in the suicide pool. Gives me a dual rooting interest.

It's 17-0 right now. We have to escape the rest of this game without injuries.

Our next two games are at Houston and at Indy. Since Houston lost, that doesn't help, since they will be motivated, but historically, they tend to play poorly vs winning teams at home. Of course, we are rooting for Indy today, but if they lost to Miami recently at home, and won a bunch of games by the seat of their pants last year, they don't seem so scary.

31-0. we know the story.

Flip the channel to the Indy/SF game. the only game in town.

Fock. SF is in trouble, down 20-7 with 4 minutes to go. And Indy just recovered a fumble. Might be time to go out and drink it up, with Seattle up 2 games in the division just 3 games in.

Hey, Harbaugh, it's time to panick. :banana:

Fock. SF is in trouble, down 20-7 with 4 minutes to go. And Indy just recovered a fumble. Might be time to go out and drink it up, with Seattle up 2 games in the division just 3 games in.

Hey, Harbaugh, it's time to panick. :banana:

:thumbsup: :mad: :wall: