Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Bad Draft Picks

Alright let's hear them. What were some of the stupid draft picks that happened today during your drafts? I play in a standard league with only 4 point TD passes. Guy drew #1 and picked Tom Brady. Later in round 3 we had a guy draft Lacy ahead of people like Chris Johnson and Frank Gore.

Alright let's hear them. What were some of the stupid draft picks that happened today during your drafts? I play in a standard league with only 4 point TD passes. Guy drew #1 and picked Tom Brady. Later in round 3 we had a guy draft Lacy ahead of people like Chris Johnson and Frank Gore.

Guy in my draft today took Lacy in round 3 over bush, MJD, gore, dez, Julio, Marshall, ect.

You should be embarrassed to be in that league. :(

He was reaching pretty bad. However he did get Adrian Peterson with his first pick drafting from #2 spot. The guy who drafted Brady #1 is a Boston homer.

Funny that you posted this thread.

In a 10 team PPR league an hour ago where it appeared most of the people knew what they were doing, DeMarco Murray went #16 overall as 13th RB off the board. Ahead of Gore, CJ2K, MJD and Ridley.

Next round the same guy took Kaep as a QB #25, 3rd QB off the board after Brees and Rodgers, ahead of Peyton and Ryan.

The only RB on his bench is Hillman. He's carrying 2 TEs and 2 D/ST in a league with only 5 bench spots. There are not any quality RBs still out there. If Murray gets hurt, which has been his history, and Hillman doesn't become the clear #1 in Denver, the guy is in trouble.

Funny that you posted this thread.

In a 10 team PPR league an hour ago where it appeared most of the people knew what they were doing, DeMarco Murray went #16 overall as 13th RB off the board. Ahead of Gore, CJ2K, MJD and Ridley.

Next round the same guy took Kaep as a QB #25, 3rd QB off the board after Brees and Rodgers, ahead of Peyton and Ryan.

The only RB on his bench is Hillman. He's carrying 2 TEs and 2 D/ST in a league with only 5 bench spots. There are not any quality RBs still out there. If Murray gets hurt, which has been his history, and Hillman doesn't become the clear #1 in Denver, the guy is in trouble.

Yea I love seeing some of the odd drafting people do. However I did think about drafting two defenses as well. We have 7 bench spots and an IR. I had plenty of depth at every position and thought of grabbing two good defenses but ultimately just decided to get another RB giving me 6 RBs total. You can never have enough depth at RB

Biggest reach in my draft last night was Luck in the 3rd, making him the 4th QB off the board, ahead of Ryan/Stafford/Newton/Brady. I like Luck a lot, but that's some serious reachin.

The guy who took Peyton Manning drafted Dalton and Flacco in 11 and 13, but it's his first year doing FFL so I'll cut him some slack.

Daryl Richardson went before Lacy, Mathews, and probably a few other guys I like better. Even worse, Ingram went before Mathews.

Tavon Austin went in the early 6th, ahead Decker, who was a steal.

Deangelo Williams went in the 6th as well, ahead of Bradshaw and Andre Brown. He has functional feet and isn't in a timeshare, but still....

All in all it was my league's most even draft yet. There's not one team that I look at and say "omg what were you doing"... well except for the guy whose RBs are Ball, Ingram, Franklin, Forsett, and Knile Davis. If he could somehow start all 5 of those guys in one RB slot every week they would ALMOST put up 18 points a week according to projections. That's some great , easily the worst RBs I've ever seen.

Then again this dude waits on RB every single year and always manages to score 1 or 2 breakout guys. Seriously, look at this guy's draft history. I have 5 years of drafts with him and he's never taken a RB before Round 3, ever. Check it out:

2009: Drafted Thomas Jones, Kevin Smith, LeSean McCoy, and Chester Taylor. Jones had a great year, Smith was OK. McCoy was a rookie (wow didnt realize that was so long ago)

2010: Drafted JStew, Beanie Wells, Ricky Williams, Donald Brown, Sproles. Everyone busted other than Sproles, who was OK.

2011: Drafted SJax, Ingram, Mathews, Sproles, Jennings, and Redman. SJax was solid, Mathews and Sproles both finished top 10.

2012: Drafted Bradshaw, Ridley, JStew, Kevin Smith, Jacobs. Bradshaw was decent and Ridley broke out.

2013: Sooo I guess It's either finally Ingram's year or Ball is going to take over the Denver backfield soon.

Can't believe I just went through all those drafts, but there you have it.

My Auto bid for my auction draft netted me foster, t rich, forte, and cj0k. My best wr is denarius Moore and my qbs are SAM Bradford and rapistberger. Kinda effed here.

My Auto bid for my auction draft netted me foster, t rich, forte, and cj0k. My best wr is denarius Moore and my qbs are SAM Bradford and rapistberger. Kinda effed here.

Trade rbs for better players?

• Like 1

Biggest reach in my draft last night was Luck in the 3rd, making him the 4th QB off the board, ahead of Ryan/Stafford/Newton/Brady. I like Luck a lot, but that's some serious reachin.

The guy who took Peyton Manning drafted Dalton and Flacco in 11 and 13, but it's his first year doing FFL so I'll cut him some slack.

Daryl Richardson went before Lacy, Mathews, and probably a few other guys I like better. Even worse, Ingram went before Mathews.

Tavon Austin went in the early 6th, ahead Decker, who was a steal.

Deangelo Williams went in the 6th as well, ahead of Bradshaw and Andre Brown. He has functional feet and isn't in a timeshare, but still....

I passed on Lacy for Richardson in IBL; he is my RB3 in IBL (a must-start 1 RB only), and I think he has more PPR upside. Mathews is a different story.

Also I can see Deangelo over either Bradshaw or Brown. Stewart is looking in serious ankle trouble, Bradshaw has foot issues, and Brown is RB2 on the Giants.

• Like 1

Trade rbs for better players?

Kinda hard when everyone smells blood in the water and is low balling me like crazy.

we generally have a pretty solid league so no complete off the wall picks. usually just odd reaches.

browns homer in my league took t-rich #3 overall.

another guy took a. Johnson at 2.05, ahead of graham, aj green, Julio, ect.

another was cecil shorts in the 5th round. ben tate in the 6th (to not even the foster owner).

A guy in my 14-team, 2 keeper league drafted Pitta in the 7th...And we roasted him for not doing his preseason injury homework. Classic.

Other than that, no crazy picks. This league is in its 11th year, so everyone pretty much knows what they're doing.

I reached for Kennbrell Thompkins in the 11th even though my WR was weak. Granted...there wasn't much left but "high upside" guys anyways.

• Like 2

2 QBs taken within the first 6 picks.

4pt TD pass.

Martin falls into my lap @ 7.

Cutler going before Luck/Kaep/Wilson/Romo/Stafford. Then the same guy drafts 3 TEs BEFORE he has 2nd RB (Graham/Witten/Cook).

:doh:

FF virgin & Bears fan. He'll learn the hard way.

I passed on Lacy for Richardson in IBL; he is my RB3 in IBL (a must-start 1 RB only), and I think he has more PPR upside. Mathews is a different story.

Also I can see Deangelo over either Bradshaw or Brown. Stewart is looking in serious ankle trouble, Bradshaw has foot issues, and Brown is RB2 on the Giants.

I have also taken Richardson over Lacy. He's won the starting job and to me has more upside. GB still has prove to me that they will commit to one back and run the football to take anyone over there.

Also high on Danegelo and have him as RB3 on a couple of teams. He had a good 2nd half last year, JStew looks like he's going on PUP and the other back up is also hurt, so he's the only game in town. It actually came down to him and Bradshaw last night. Bradshaw's foot and the fact that he just started practicing worried me.

A guy in my 14-team, 2 keeper league drafted Pitta in the 7th...And we roasted him for not doing his preseason injury homework. Classic.

Other than that, no crazy picks. This league is in its 11th year, so everyone pretty much knows what they're doing.

AFTER they were hurt, a guy in one of my drafts did the Perfecta. Drafted Pitta, Harvin and Maclin. No kidding. He was not physically at the draft, so I think he set his order in advance and didn't know they were hurt.

The one woman in our league took Percy Harvin in the 4th. Later she tried to take Pitta, Crabtree, and Denario Alexander. After Harvin, guys started telling her no-no.

Keepers due today here some questionable ones to me 1 ppr 4 pt td pass

Kept cam newton over bush aj green and trent Richardson

Kept Peyton manning over Steve Jackson

Kept gronk over cj2k

2 QBs taken within the first 6 picks.

4pt TD pass.

Martin falls into my lap @ 7.

Cutler going before Luck/Kaep/Wilson/Romo/Stafford. Then the same guy drafts 3 TEs BEFORE he has 2nd RB (Graham/Witten/Cook).

:doh:

FF virgin & Bears fan. He'll learn the hard way.

Did he draft Gould also?

Being a Bears fan myself, I have observed Bear fan virgin drafters to be the most likely to draft from the heart and no the head. The large head that is :wub:

I reached for Kennbrell Thompkins in the 11th even though my WR was weak. Granted...there wasn't much left but "high upside" guys anyways.

not sure that's much of a reach anymore. I saw him go 9th round in a draft yesterday, and I was thankful to land him in the 12th today.

In the 5th round of my draft today (we have four keepers so I consider this 5th round or the 1st round-keeper)

Percy Harvin :doh:

In the 5th round of my draft today (we have four keepers so I consider this 5th round or the 1st round-keeper)

That is the epitomy of bad decisions.

That is the epitomy of bad decisions.

Le'veon Bell went really early, too. Apparently people have not been following FFT or any website.

Someone also took Crabtree. :doh:

Did he draft Gould also?

Being a Bears fan myself, I have observed Bear fan virgin drafters to be the most likely to draft from the heart and no the head. The large head that is :wub:

:lol: Had to look it up and......

:pointstosky:

You called it!

Cutler, Gould, Jeffrey, Forte.

I remember him bitttching up a storm when the Bears D was taken. I knew we were in for a treat when he showed up in a Willie Gault jersey (that actually looked like it was from the 80s).

He was reaching pretty bad. However he did get Adrian Peterson with his first pick drafting from #2 spot. The guy who drafted Brady #1 is a Boston homer.

You know, I see a lot of threads here where people make fun of people's leagues. I don't normally participate in those discussions.

So with that said.

This is not a real league.

Don't compare it to one. That's not a "homer pick." That's a pick corky thatcher would laugh at and call retarded.

I don't even really care about FF. But god damn, I'm worried about how stupid this countries become.

I'm done.

Not the dumbest thing. I have Harvin in my deep keeper; thought about keeping him but I won't. If you take him you may have him for the playoff run, or worst case you can keep him for next year.

I reached pretty hard for frank wycheck one year... (who?!?) i don't remember when exactly, but it was back in the day when gonzo was the only decent TE and he went 2nd round... i thought for sure wycheck and mcnair would puts up some stats... i think i took him in the 4th or 5th to a resounds "WHAT!!!?!?!?!" from all of my friends at the draft... i honestly don't even remember how i finished that year...

I play in a 10 team standard scoring league with a deep bench (17 rounds of drafting). I had a medical emergency that took me out after I drafting Doug Martin at 1.02. Fortunately, the emergency turned out fine. My team didn't. I returned to find that it auto drafted 11 running backs. I had to roll my eyes reading the automated post-draft analysis that said I had the worst draft and reached for players like Mendenhall and Stafford when it drafted them for me.

Starters: Stafford, D. Martin, F. Gore, A Boldin, Brandon Marshall, G. Olsen, R. Mathews, Cards D/St, Josh Brown

Bench: Bryce Brown, J. Franklin, BJGE, Chris Ivory, Le'Veon Bell, Mendenhall, J. Stewart, B. Tate.

I play in a 10 team standard scoring league with a deep bench (17 rounds of drafting). I had a medical emergency that took me out after I drafting Doug Martin at 1.02. Fortunately, the emergency turned out fine. My team didn't. I returned to find that it auto drafted 11 running backs. I had to roll my eyes reading the automated post-draft analysis that said I had the worst draft and reached for players like Mendenhall and Stafford when it drafted them for me.

Starters: Stafford, D. Martin, F. Gore, A Boldin, Brandon Marshall, G. Olsen, R. Mathews, Cards D/St, Josh Brown

Bench: Bryce Brown, J. Franklin, BJGE, Chris Ivory, Le'Veon Bell, Mendenhall, J. Stewart, B. Tate.

Yikes. Lots of RBs can be good. But those are bad ones

A guy in my league today drafted Kyle Rudolph in round 4 and Gostkowski in round 5 of a 16 round draft.

Some people just don't understand FF concepts and unless they are eager to learn, they never will. Once a few rnds go by they are thinking about kickers and backup qbs and tes.

The resident lucksack of my big league has a history of nutty picks too long to list. When boldin came to Balt he took boldin-flacco in rnd 1-2. Took kolb in rnd 2 when he went to AZ, he just makes sill picks. Usually he will pick guys 3-5 rnds ahead of where you are planning. Funny part is he routinely makes the playoffs, has won 2 times and just gets as lucky as can be in our league full of fantasy sharks and longtime veterans. Picked rodgers as his only qb year 1 as a starter when he was just a sucky brittle backup and dominated the league. Last year he had a decent draft and actually took players who see the field and won it all inexplicably. Me? oh i took alfred morris w my last pick in the draft and Traded him for Fitz after week 1. yeah. It's too depressing to discuss further.

Not too many in yesterday's draft. One owner ended up drafting Amendola, Thompkins, and Edelman, and he's not even a Pats fan. Vereen, too. There's trusting your player rankings, and then there's taking it a bit too far.

The one truly terrible pick was the guy who took Fred Davis as the third TE off the board. We asked if he meant Vernon Davis, and he said nope, Fred Davis. I think he misread all the preseason hype.

Not too many in yesterday's draft. One owner ended up drafting Amendola, Thompkins, and Edelman, and he's not even a Pats fan. Vereen, too. There's trusting your player rankings, and then there's taking it a bit too far.

The one truly terrible pick was the guy who took Fred Davis as the third TE off the board. We asked if he meant Vernon Davis, and he said nope, Fred Davis. I think he misread all the preseason hype.

Fred Davis may end up being a really good pick.......waiver wire pick that is....or a late round flyer..3rd TE off the board? Not so much

Im a Patriots fan and im usually really good about not taking too many Patriots players. As a matter of fact i rarely draft Patriots players just because of that. But in my draft last night i ended up taking a boatload of them.

10 team league no PPR We start 6 IDP's so thats why there are so many rounds.

2nd: Ridley RB2

5th: Amendola WR2

9th: Vereen RB4

14th: Sudfeld TE2

23rd: Thompkins WR6

Really only Ridley and Amendola were drafted with any expectations of them being starters. Vereen was just value in the 9th round, and Sudfeld and Thompkins were just upside fliers. And i was actually going to take Hopkins with the 23rd round pick, but someone scooped me the pick before mine and i just kind of grabbed then next available rookie WR. If i had thought about it for a second, i would have probably taken someone else.

You know, I see a lot of threads here where people make fun of people's leagues. I don't normally participate in those discussions.

So with that said.

This is not a real league.

Don't compare it to one. That's not a "homer pick." That's a pick corky thatcher would laugh at and call retarded.

I don't even really care about FF. But god damn, I'm worried about how stupid this countries become.

I'm done.

You guys are taking one guy (who is new to our league and fantasy football) and assuming everyone in my league doesn't know what they are doing when in fact it's quite the opposite. The rest of us in my league are VERY competitive and the rest of us have good teams. On top of that the guy who was new couldn't make it to the draft cause he was working. Still my league is no joke but due to some of the people in my league being deployed short notice (I'm military FYI) we had to get at least one more guy so our league could at least have 8 teams. He 12 but like I said they got deployment orders short notice so they weren't going to be able to play this year. So don't go judging someone's segue based on one person. Just wanted to start a thread about bad draft picks because a lot of people have "that one guy" in their draft at some point in their league

$100 12 Team league.... it is a work league that is usually decent.

A. Rodgers 5th Overall

R. Wilson went 8th overall

Tom Brady 9

Breeze 10

Ryan 13

As a result - I got Rice and Spiller from the 11 spot!

Hopefully free money!