Sign in to follow this  
Boston Three Party

Yahoo's New Look

Anyone hate Yahoo's new look?

The dark interface is kind of lame - I wish they had a "classic skin" version so you could switch back. Plus the lame ass draft grade thing hopefully isn't there all season - I didn't draft a kicker so of course my projected year points are about 100+ down. Lmao the team that took Wayne/S. Smith in our non league got a B+! Too damn funny.

I do have another league on CBS and I must say Yahoo is still years better than CBS. Just my .02.

I don't hate it. but they didn't need to change it either. the draft rater is hilariously terrible. it was close to opposite of my own thoughts on most of the teams in our league.

I dislike Yahoo in general & haven't used it in years. Weird that this was brought up (Yahoo post) cuz I was just invited to play in league #4 last night on it.

When I accepted the invite & tried to setup my team name/logo it freezes my phone (Galaxy 3). I've tried 4 times all ending the same way.

I'll just use my laptop to do it but I'm not getting the warm & fuzzy feeling that I'll be able to set lineups & FA pickups on the fly like I can on ESPN.

Anyone have issues from their phone?

I like Yahoo!'s new look and I've had zero problems on my Galaxy S3. But yes, the draft grades are just as bad as, or worse than, the medals.

Question, has any FF site ever changed their look and had people like it? Ever? I think its just a matter of hating any change, a human nature experiment for sure.

Question, has any FF site ever changed their look and had people like it? Ever? I think its just a matter of hating any change, a human nature experiment for sure.

Everytime FB changes people hate on it. Then totally adjust. Then hate on it...Adjust...hate ....adjust...hate...

Everytime FB changes people hate on it. Then totally adjust. Then hate on it...Adjust...hate ....adjust...hate...

People hate change. Why change it if it wasn't broken.

I love the draft rating by the way. Regardless if they are accurate or not, still fun to read.

I thought the old format was kind of pedestrian, outdated, and almost child-like.

I used to think Yahoo was the best. Then they went and changed everything for no good reason - its like they have to change things to justify all the $$ they spend on coders. Even with the new look its miles and miles better than CBS, but Yahoo and every other fantasy league hosting site sucks when compared to MFL. Despite its clunky UI and stupid navigation MFL is the best.

I'm not a big fan of the dark color-scheme... it makes the entire experience harder to read in my opinion... but, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• Like 1

wheres this draft grader feature?

maybe it doesnt grade one round dynasty drafts. i do not that the autodraft didnt work for beans but no worries.

and yeah ugly.

Had one of my best drafts ever from the 9 spot.. Trich, rice, Cruz, Fitzgerald, D Wilson, ivory, Bradford..... C+. Crazy

MFL does a better job on the post draft report cards imo.

They will say...so and so has these solid players but still needs a K or D or whatever.

Yahoo crushed me without a kicker and the team without a K or D...got a D but it's pretty solid squad.

The only one that it got right was the team that took Bradshaw in the 3rd and Heath Miller in the 7th.

That dude DESERVED his C-.

I thought the old format was kind of pedestrian, outdated, and almost child-like.

That's what I liked about it, it's a game and that look carried a fun identity. Now it's all fancy and stuff. It reminds me of Ricky Vaughn in Major League 2, where he chooses the blonde over the brunette girl next door. He had it right the first time.

Not surprisingly, Yahoo! must be getting quite a bit of feedback on their redesign. I just this not stapled to one of my league pages...

We are listening to your feedback regarding our recent redesign. While we will not be going back to the old format, we will be focusing on improving the readability of the pages, along with other improvements. We appreciate how passionate you are about Fantasy Football and welcome your comments.

It's a win if they fix the color, the dark color makes it hard to read.

The real issue is why change it now? At the start of august would have been perfect. Given them time for some feedback and to modify it, but now when everyone is drafting? This is risky if it didn't work or started screwing up peoples drafts you could jeopardize your cash cow. They seem to have thoroughly beta tested it since it works and I have heard no complaints but wow what a risk. Just not very smart.

• Like 1

I've had trouble replying to posts in the yahoo league I commish - I'll press the reply button and nothing. Also had problems changing scoring settings - got them changed and they reverted back. I don't mind the new look save its hard to read and I have to keep checking to make sure I'm in the right league. Navigation is harder for no reason. UI seems less clunky than before, but I still think the old layout was easier to read/use.

In other news gmail's new compose is the suck.

It's a win if they fix the color, the dark color makes it hard to read.

The real issue is why change it now? At the start of august would have been perfect. Given them time for some feedback and to modify it, but now when everyone is drafting? This is risky if it didn't work or started screwing up peoples drafts you could jeopardize your cash cow. They seem to have thoroughly beta tested it since it works and I have heard no complaints but wow what a risk. Just not very smart.

I particularily dont care for the replacement of where the "trash-talk" area was, for the column "Commish updates". So stupid. As the commish, I have no updates, the rules will stay the rules etc. throughout the season. The league I commish is pretty trash talk heavy and now we cant enjoy that. F-U Yahoo.

• Like 1

Can't be worse than the way NFL.com makes their website worse and worse every year. 90+% of their customers probably would prefer a blank white background with dot-matrix data-format information. I want real-time game numbers from their site and that's it. Instead there's so much forced-fed video and ads that the site is bascially unusable.

I hate it. I also used adblock plus the other day to disable the pictures as well since the blurry background was really disruptive, imo. I would definitely prefer to get the white background back.

Yahoo continues to on my teams. I even drafted a kicker and D I like.

14 team non ppr.

Qb-Romo

RB-Forte

RB-Wilson

WR-Colston

WR-Garçon

W/R-Ben Tate

W/T- Shorts

TE-J. Thomas

D- New England

K- Akers

B- Helu, Givens, Jeffrey, D. Allen, K. Wright

I know my tes are a weakness but a C+? You can go fock yourself yahoo. :)

Well, I got an A and a B+. The best draft grades in my respective drafts.

So, I love the new draft grade feature!

To the rest of you, draft better.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

It's like everything else in life. As soon as I get used to something they change it on me and I have to figure it all out again.

It is alright. A bit inconsistent though. Occasionally it goes back to the white background, which is jarring. I am not a big fan of the new way to set a line up, but it doesn't get in the way, so I can live with it.

Yahoo continues to ###### on my teams. I even drafted a kicker and D I like.

14 team non ppr.

Qb-Romo

RB-Forte

RB-Wilson

WR-Colston

WR-Garçon

W/R-Ben Tate

W/T- Shorts

TE-J. Thomas

D- New England

K- Akers

B- Helu, Givens, Jeffrey, D. Allen, K. Wright

I know my tes are a weakness but a C+? You can go fock yourself yahoo. :)

I got an A for an autodrafted team that I accidentally joined. My hand picked team of greatness, B-. Fock you Yahoo.