Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

***Official*** Knowshon Moreno bandwagon thread

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo suggests Knowshon Moreno could be the Broncos' starting tailback Thursday night versus Baltimore.

I drafted Andre Brown as my #3 before he got hurt, so this news could save my season.

Obligatory video post:

I'm not starting him week 1, but I think he's the guy.

I'm on!!! Hoping tonight our premonitions are shown true

Hes my 4th back behind AP, CJ2K, and Mendenhall, but if he can crack the RBBC blockade his flex value is limitless

He is just a guy in a bad RBBC. Even if Moreno was the guy it is doubtful his knees would last the entire season. It is clear that they want to groom Monte Ball and his roll will grow during the season. Moreno was a good fantasy back last year because of the volume of touches he received. The only thing that could change this is an injury to Ball or Hillman.

Count me on board. The Broncos are a pass-first offense, and that's going to mean more playing time for the guy who protects the QB the best. He catches passes well, knows his assignments, and is still dangerous in space. He doesn't fumble (Hillman), and he's not likely to let his QB get killed (Ball).

Yes, they want to groom Ball, but do not think for a second that Peyton isn't the most important piece on that offense. They aren't going to groom Ball on the field at the risk of their 37-year-old field general.

I picked him up in one league but just as a stash. I may play him at some point but likely won't be anytime soon unless Ball gets hurt.

But what happens if he enters the game as a 3rd down back to be a BLOCKER?????

The Broncos website still has Hillman as #1 on the depth chart.

i wanna know if anyone is actually starting knowshon tonight. i own him and montee ball and they are both sitting on my bench as i take the wait and see approach

i wanna know if anyone is actually starting knowshon tonight.

If Knowshon is a Week 1 start for anyone's team, chances are they stunk up their draft.

I took him Tues. night in round 17. I'm not high on him at all, bu hey, it's round 17. I am hoping he has a big game tonight and I can trade him.

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo suggests Knowshon Moreno could be the Broncos' starting tailback Thursday night versus Baltimore.

I drafted Andre Brown as my #3 before he got hurt, so this news could save my season.

If you need a Denver back to save your season, you better brace in for a long year. None of those guys are fantasy starters until someone gets injured or one of them gets a hot hand. You might have value in one of them by week 5, but most likely not before then.

So many tears will be shed in this thread.

I don't think anyone spent a high-enough pick on Moreno to cause them any tears. That's the beauty of owning him. If he ends up not playing much, it doesn't matter because he was drafted where kickers and backup tight ends were drafted. Now the Ball and/or Hillman owners....they're the ones with tears on the line.

I don't think anyone spent a high-enough pick on Moreno to cause them any tears. That's the beauty of owning him. If he ends up not playing much, it doesn't matter because he was drafted where kickers and backup tight ends were drafted. Now the Ball and/or Hillman owners....they're the ones with tears on the line.

Ball owners yes, but most Hillman owners got him late as well. I got him in the 14th round of a 10 team league.

Except there's an actual Knowshon Moreno Appreciation Thread. People are clearly excited at the prospect of possibly getting the #1 Denver RB late in the draft for nothing. All I'm saying is those people are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Except there's an actual Knowshon Moreno Appreciation Thread. People are clearly excited at the prospect of possibly getting the #1 Denver RB late in the draft for nothing. All I'm saying is those people are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Who are your late round guaranteed studs you drafted? I bet they all hit.

People really get disappointed when their 17th round gambles don't pan out? News to me.

People really get disappointed when their 17th round gambles don't pan out? News to me.

People create appreciation threads for 17th round gambles? News to me.

Maybe there's an appreciation thread because that 17th round gamble was named starter tonight? Just my guess. I doubt a single person is starting him or will lose a minute's sleep if he never starts another game again. No risk/no loss. Hope you enjoyed your backup kicker you drafted while the real sharks were grabbing Moreno.

Grabbed him as a RB6 in a 14-teamer - set with Trent and CJ as starters but I need one of Tate, Leveon Bell or Moreno to emerge as a legit 3/flex after Andre Brown went down. I almos hope Moreno gives me zero so I can dump him fr depth elsewhere.

Grabbed him as a RB6 in a 14-teamer - set with Trent and CJ as starters but I need one of Tate, Leveon Bell or Moreno to emerge as a legit 3/flex after Andre Brown went down. I almos hope Moreno gives me zero so I can dump him fr depth elsewhere.

Similar to my situation but CJ wasnt there for me in the 2nd, so I went WR and picked up AJ Green and then got Bradshaw and Brown (pre injury) later.

An Adrian Peterson bandwagon thread would not make much sense.

If you all start Moreno expecting anything good, tears will flow like the blood from mt. Killalabad in d & d the lost ages chronicles. To start Moreno is one thing, to stash him is another. Goal line work belongs to ball. You've been forewarned!

An Adrian Peterson bandwagon thread would not make much sense.

Can I get retroactive credit for drafting AP his rookie year and joining that bandwagon? pls?

Just looked at Moreno's numbers from last season. With PPR scoring, he averaged ~18pts in the six games he carried load. Expanded to a 16 game season, he would have scored 288 pts. That puts him 4th overall amongst running backs.

If I were the Broncos, I'd run with Moreno when the game is on the line. Once they get the lead, pound the rock away with Ball. Not sure what Hillman's purpose is.

If this holds true, both are solid flex options. Would take injury for one of them to be RB1/2 relevant.

Just looked at Moreno's numbers from last season.

Did you also notice the 3.8 YPC average? That's .1 YPC more than Isaac Redman had last year...

Hey, where's our Official Isaac Redman Bandwagon Thread?

Did you also notice the 3.8 YPC average? That's .1 YPC more than Isaac Redman had last year...

Hey, where's our Official Isaac Redman Bandwagon Thread?

It's also .2 more than Trent Richardson. Based on your evaluation, I assume you drafted Redman ahead of Richardson in all leagues.

• Like 1

It's also .2 more than Trent Richardson. Based on your evaluation, I assume you drafted Redman ahead of Richardson in all leagues.

Yep because YPC is the only number we evaluate in fantasy football.

Honestly I want Moreno to start over Hillman and ball. Overall he is there best back. I'm not saying he is a better runner than the other two but more balanced and a better overall back. He can run and is good at pass protection. He would be my choice for the starter while I worked ball in to help groom him to be the starter whenever he gets better at pass pro

Looks like I was right about Moreno. They ended up starting him. Which I agree with this cause out of all the back Moreno makes the team better all around

Looks like I was right about Moreno. They ended up starting him. Which I agree with this cause out of all the back Moreno makes the team better all around

:thumbsup:

Any chance there's gonna be a mad dash for Moreno off the WW this week?

Probably. He has been the only RB I have noticed in this game. He is DEF worth a pick up if he is getting 80% of all the plays for the RBs. One of my buddies learned of how high of esteem I held Moreno's value this year, he promptly drafted him a round earlier than me in every league we drafted together.

Interesting. Perhaps the Broncos have come to their senses and realized that their whole season rides on the arm of an immobile 37-year-old QB and they won't risk that on a rookie RB who struggles to pick up blitzes.

Probably. He has been the only RB I have noticed in this game. He is DEF worth a pick up if he is getting 80% of all the plays for the RBs. One of my buddies learned of how high of esteem I held Moreno's value this year, he promptly drafted him a round earlier than me in every league we drafted together.

I had him last year and he did the job well. Was a good RB for fantasy based on volume and Peyton didn't have to worry about defenders getting past him