Sign in to follow this  
Matthew's Berry's

Clay Cheap Shot Mathews

I said earlier this week that he was talking about going after Kaep yet people dismissed it as "just them trying to get in their head". I knew Mathews was going after Kaep.

Wasn't cheap. Launched while kaep was in bounds heading for a 1st. Kaep doesn't out he's looking thru his ear hole

Are people here really defending Clay Matthews? Please...he could have backed off and not pulled him down and whacking his head into the turf. He wanted to send a "message."

Are people here really defending Clay Matthews? Please...he could have backed off and not pulled him down and whacking his head into the turf. He wanted to send a "message."

It was cheap. It was clear he was going out of bounds. As he was slowing up, stepping out of bounds, Matthews launched.

Was it cheap, yep. Do I care, nope. Now if it was a hit on Manning I'd be emailing the league office trying to get a suspension!

Love how the ref waves his arms at the end of the play TEN YARDS out of bounds after Clay's obvious cheap hit on Kap .... uhhhh isn't that an EXCESSIVE HIT!?

10 yards huh? I think you need to look in the mirror and then tell me who is being excessive.

Are people here really defending Clay Matthews?

There all kinds around here.

The play was no big deal though, nobody is intimidated by that one trick pony.

The real travesty of that game was the refs giving SF another shot at a TD after offsetting penalties should have killed the down.

The real travesty of that game was the refs giving SF another shot at a TD after offsetting penalties should have killed the down.

Refs much love NFC West teams against the Pack... The Pack lost that game because of stupid penalties and not being able to cover Bouldin, but that call changed the game.

The play at the end of the Jets game wasn't nearly as bad as this was... Geno didn't even touch down out of bounds yet and they still called it..

Kap was a full yard out of bounds and Clay lunged around his neck.

Refs much love NFC West teams against the Pack... The Pack lost that game because of stupid penalties and not being able to cover Bouldin, but that call changed the game.

That and 2 turnovers.

The play at the end of the Jets game wasn't nearly as bad as this was... Geno didn't even touch down out of bounds yet and they still called it..

Kap was a full yard out of bounds and Clay lunged around his neck.

When Matthews left his feet Kaepernick was just going out.

Should have never been called offsetting penalties to begin with. Staley did absolutely nothing wrong while Matthews threw 2 open handed punches to the face mask. Matthew was fortunate not to be tossed.

• Like 1

When Matthews left his feet Kaepernick was just going out.

Kaepernick already had one foot out of bounds before Matthews left his feet. When Matthews finally makes contact with him Kap is almost actually past the outside of the white out of bounds line,

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/19193847/clay1.0_standard_400.0.jpg

He played for Pete Carroll. :thumbsdown:

Cheap shot and the NFL has said that the penalty on Staley should not have been called. GB got beat, get over it.

That jackass is going to line up his own $100 million QB for retaliation, which pisses me off as a Rodgers owner. BTW, Frisco showed HUGE stones by going for it on 4th and 2. Not converting there basically gives game to Rodgers. Say what you want about the offsetting penalties, they earned that game.

Should have never been called offsetting penalties to begin with. Staley did absolutely nothing wrong while Matthews threw 2 open handed punches to the face mask. Matthew was fortunate not to be tossed.

Few things...you have no clue what Staley was doing the whole time or saying right there with the ref watching and listening.

And pushes are not open hand punches...people need to calm down with this tossed thing.

Saw people calling for ejection and suspension during the game yesterday...just ridiculous.

Few things...you have no clue what Staley was doing the whole time or saying right there with the ref watching and listening.

And pushes are not open hand punches...people need to calm down with this tossed thing.

Saw people calling for ejection and suspension during the game yesterday...just ridiculous.

The NFL has already stated that Staley should not have been penalized.

Interesting...also funny watching Harbaugh continue to whine.

And interesting nothing said on Boldin's cheap block behind a play after the guy was out of bounds that was not called as well.

Good for Clay. He backed up his talk! :thumbsup:

Yes he did......I think he was trying to show Kaepernick his ring!!!!! :thumbsup:

Interesting...also funny watching Harbaugh continue to whine.

He's a Harbaugh. It's in the DNA.

GB got beat, get over it.

You're right, and I am over it. SF was the better team and they deserved the win.

I think McCarthy made the worst decision on that drive by taking a penalty and giving them another 3rd down play down there. The GB offense fumbles and gives them the ball in the redzone, then the defense stopped them legit on third down. Then they got two more tries to convert on 3rd down.

I think calling the Kap hit a cheap shot is a bit of a stretch though. It was a bit late and it should have been penalized, but give me a break - the second you assume Kap is going out of bounds is when he runs in for the TD. This is the guy that ran 180 yards on the Packers in the last game they played. If he doesn't want to get hit, he shouldn't tuck the ball and run with it. On a couple other occasions, Kap rolled out to find Clay waiting for him and he just slid down - no problems with Clay taking cheap shots on those plays.