Sign in to follow this  
lowspark

Bell, Ball or Powell..Best Waiver Wire pickup

Great week to have waiver priority and pick up a RB to help you through the season.

Who do we like best out of these dudes for the rest of the season?

Le'Veon Bell

Montae Ball

Bilal Powell

Great week to be in a 10 team league. :music_guitarred:

I'd grab Powell if you need a start next week.

Longterm I'd debate him and Bell...but Pitt looks like a focking mess. He might be the play though...but I'd probably grab the guy that's healthy, has a good line and solid d.

Bell has yet to be healthy for more than 2 weeks in the preseason. Ball is part of a 3 back committee and is fumbling. Powell will probably be the more consistent play for the next 4 weeks or so. Ivory is hurt, again. So Powell gets the pill.

I say Bell - this guy was an early round pick in drafts before he got hurt. There was a reason for that. Go with the talent. Sometimes it can overcome a bad situation.

Thread title should have been, "Bell, Ball or Bilal?" for alliteration's sake.

Bell is my answer.

Bell isn't available in any of my leagues.

He will be soon. People will see a back that lacked explosive power in the first place sapped even further by injury playing behind a horrid OL.

powells job to lose. jets may be righting the plane.

i thought i was going to be alone here, but i think bilal is the guy. Ivory hasn't proven that he can handle a greater role, and he's hurt. Jets looked like they were showing a committment to the run, and i look for the ground and pound to continue...

I think Powell could be a surprise RB that finishes top 15 or even top 10 if the stars align

i know that it's early, but you are looking at the #12 RB at the moment...

I took a chance, figuring Bilal would be the pickup this week on waivers....which he was I did not put in a request.

I waited until Free agency and still was able to grab Bell (and drop Ivory) first thing this morning and kept my waiver priority. Pleased with the result.

RB's are now

Leshean Mccoy

Trent Richardson

MJD

Law Firm

Le'Veon Bell

Now to figure out what the hell to do with all of these bye week and broken receivers.

Bell isn't available in any of my leagues.

+1

As well he shouldn't be.. I wasn't dropping him unless he was dead.

That said he still might out-stat David Wilson. :banana:

I like bell. Supposedly was looking amazing in camp. I think he will be a solid rb 3.

isn't 'solid rb3' oxymoronic? commonly used term on the boreds... 'Gets touches but not starter material' is more appropriate. Perhaps calling them a Donnell Bennett.

• Like 1

I think he can be a flex starter. You happy now?

Better...but what if leagues don't have flexes?

Well you can Prob start him most weeks unless the matchup is really bad. He's going to get a ton of carries. Their other rbs are dreadful.

F MY life!!!

I needed a QB this week, Cam was on bye, but saw Powell available. I went for my biggest need and picked up Ben Roth and then tried to go for Powell.

Only got Ben, but if I would've flipped it around, I would've gotten both.

I'm stuck with a #1 and a bunch of #3's ugh......

F MY life!!!

I needed a QB this week, Cam was on bye, but saw Powell available. I went for my biggest need and picked up Ben Roth and then tried to go for Powell.

I'm surprised CNN hasn't picked up on this report yet.

Let us know what happens next week with your waiver requests!!!

F MY life!!!

do despite the fact that your name is "thePro" you are actually a total noob. You always put skill position players first, you could have grabbed Ben or another QB of equal crappiness in free agency

Powell this week but Bell the ROY

Ivory is much more talented, I thought maybe he might have taken over the lead dog slot against Buffy but got hurt. He is fragile but when he gets back he will have another shot to take it. Bell on the other hand will be their every down back from here on out... give him one game then he will take off

Ben Roethlisberger expressed skepticism Tuesday on Le'Veon Bell's potential impact.
"Honestly, I have no idea with him," Roethlisberger said. "You can't get a read on him. One day, he's practicing, one day, he's not; one day, he's going hard, the next day, he's not. I wish I could. ... If he was a guy like Heath Miller that you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there ... Le'Veon is a rookie, I don't know him quite well enough yet. But if he can come back and help us, we'll take him." It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but if Bell's foot is truly 100 percent then we'd expect him to change Roethlisberger's mind quickly. The second-round pick is clearly the best talent in the Steelers RB room, and it's not close. Sep 25 - 9:36 AM

Bell is almost a complete unknown. He hasn't been healthy for more than 10 minutes since the start of camp.

Ball is nothing but a bench stash at this point. His fumbling problems have likely dropped him to 3rd in the rotation at Denver.

Powell is the last man standing in NY. Ivory is talented but has never stayed healthy for long. We've seen Powell play and be productive. If you need immediate help, he's the clear choice of the 3.