Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

San Francisco 49ers at St. Louis Rams - In-Game Discussion

What is a free-kick field goal?

If a team punts the ball and the receiving team executes a successful fair catch, the receiving team may attempt a field goal from the site of the fair catch. This kick kinda looks like a 'regular' kick off. The teams do not line up at the line of scrimmage and there is no snap of the ball from the center to the holder. The ball is held at the site of the fair catch and the kicker may take as many run up steps as desired prior to kicking the ball. If the kick is successful, the kicking team gets three points. If the kick is unsuccessful, the other team takes possession at the spot of the kick.

Answers.com

STL has the worst O-Coordinator in the league.

isn't it the old jets off cord? ugh. they don't go deep anymore. all that speed...kinda dumb. its why I dropped givens this week.

I hope all of you week 1 "Sam Bradford is a viable ff qb" people can shut up now. Him and the Stl offense are garbage. Ok He's not quite garbage, he's a decent nfl qb, but not top 12. Just sick of seeing Bradford's name in every article talking "wait on a qb" viable starters.

What the heck was that official watching on that punt? :o :unsure:

Been debating dropping Givens vs Ingram for a kicker all week.

Strong at WR...Hilton-Roddy on my bench...weak at RB-Bush-Sjax-P.Thomas best starting options.

I think it's Givens...

Every year is supposed to be Bradford's breakout year, and every year he proves people wrong. Dude just isn't good. Most overrated QB of the last 5 years? I think so.

Every year is supposed to be Bradford's breakout year, and every year he proves people wrong. Dude just isn't good. Most overrated QB of the last 5 years? I think so.

Totally agree, he's always on the cusp of being "not a bad qb, and maybe even a good one", but just doesn't get there. He's just decent at very best.

Mulls box score 2 cents without watching one lick of the game:

1. Brian Shotty sucks as an O coordinator.

2. A lot of internet dudes are hating on Kap and his 115 qb rating...and game winning performance...on the road in a huge game.

Pettis looks like the WR to own on the Rams

Only sam Bradford could have givens, cook and Austin yet Pettis becomes the #1.

to think I debated brady/Bradford last week and almost everyone said start Bradford. won't have that debate any longer at least.

Were you debating Bradford-Dalton?

I remember chiming on with a Dalton vote. I don't ever want to start a QB against the 49ers...