Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Ryan Mathews?!

I had to drop him, I regretted immediately after looking at his schedule. But it needed to be done. He gets a solid 15-20 touches but hasn't done much.

With his easy schedule will he bounce back and have a solid year? Or continue to be below average?

I have him in a couple leagues and am holding on a while longer after looking at his schedule. If he can emerge then he has the potential for some decent numbers.

he sucks bad. i'm only keeping him because of his name. Woodhead is playing more snaps than him. And even Ronnie Brown is getting goal line carries over him.

I wish I could be brave like you a drop him.

I had to drop him, I regretted immediately after looking at his schedule. But it needed to be done. He gets a solid 15-20 touches but hasn't done much.

With his easy schedule will he bounce back and have a solid year? Or continue to be below average?

if he got 15-20 touches he would be useful

he doesnt get 15-20 touches EVER

if he got 15-20 touches he would be useful

he doesnt get 15-20 touches EVER

15, 17 and 16 this year. :dunno:

15, 17 and 16 this year. :dunno:

I was going to say the same thing.

He's not really doing much with those touches though. He'd need like 25 to be effective lol. I hate CBS and it's 5 spots for reserves, but whatever. One of the other players already picked up Mathews.

I traded him and Josh Gordon for Ray Rice. Some people can't get passed the name. Throw some trades out there before you drop him.

the chargers o line is beat up and not getting better . but if you have the room i think i would keep him imo . call me crazy

Say what you will about Mathews but SD O line is moderate to poor...

Longest run this season thru week 3, is 20yds by Mathews. Not sure why he is pulled on third downs... Woodhead/Brown/Mathews are all similar type players IMO, with only Mathews that has kind of breakaway speed.

I am still holding hope and am forced to start him on one team. I will actually really miss his six points a game on his bye when bobby rainey is his replacement.

He doesn't break any long runs. Doesn't take part in 3rd down or two minute packages. SD also seems to be happy to pass around the goal line. I wouldn't even start him as a flex.

I am still holding hope and am forced to start him on one team. I will actually really miss his six points a game on his bye when bobby rainey is his replacement.

The race between mathews and mjd drags on :P

If your season hinges on Mathews, maybe that QB-WR-WR-TE draft strategy might not have been the best plan.

RB-WR-WR-QB-RB-RB

Sproles is my #2 but he's frustrating too! I want a #2 RB who can get 15-20 touches a game, I hate tracking Sproles who gets 7-10 touches, Moreno 10-12.

So yea, I probably don't need a #2 to make the playoffs, but it sure would help. I'm hoping he doesn't start performing like one with the easy schedule coming up after Dallas.

Sometimes a championship does come down to who you have at ONE spot.

wow, and I am a Charger fan lol, it sure seems like hes never on the field

Lol he looks even worse than he is! It's really a mystery because he's not that slow or inept. I have a sneaky feeling he would break out on a dif team. No clue why someone hasn't traded for him, he's gotta be dirt cheap.

It really makes no sense. He has speed, he is big, he has nice agility, he plays on a decent offense at least. Some guys just dont understand what the right move is, even with all the athletic ability.

Here's how low Mathews has fallen- he's the only starting RB in the league who is not owned in my 12-team auction (just dropped this week). There are teams that have 3rd stringers and injured guys, but Mathews was dropped. I'm sure he'll get picked up by someone who's desperate next week or the week after when he clears waivers, but still...

Mathews is a very funny commodity to me. I stayed far far away from him his rookie year cause he was getting way overhyped as people expected him to be the new LT and he was going as a top 10 pick in most fantasy drafts. And he stunk. I stayed away and was glad I did.

Year 2 I was very high on him because everyone was very low on him. I got him late and he had probably his best year as a pro. Had his only 1k yard rushing season, 400+ receiving and six TDs. Very happy with his value

Year 3 his value once again went up and he was too rich for my blood so I stayed away and once again he disappointed.

Year 4 his value once again dropped so I took him expecting a bounce back season and he didn't deliver at all.

Year 5 I promised myself I stayed away. And then I watched him play during the preseason. He was running with authority, He was getting goal line carries. He was scoring TDs. I figured even with a bad oline SD would be forced to pound the ball and they'd have am easy enough schedule. He could be a steal and I drafted him.

And he's fooled me again... :ninja:

As a Shady owner Im thinking about trading him for Bryce Brown

However if Woodhead or Ronnie Brown get hurt... look out.

He is has gotten over 15 touches a game. I wish Chargers would pass to him more though.

Seems kind of obvious... when Woodhead is in cover the screen or check down. When Matthews is in clog the middle.

This can't work for too long before the Chargers have to do something different.

I will hold him another week... I think trading him for Brown would be more fair for other owner but I doubt he would do it bc he and are fantasy rivals