Sign in to follow this  
mahoney

Keenan Allen anyone?

With Philip Rivers' rejuvenation (also evidenced with Antonio Gates hot start) and Malcolm Floyd on IR, can someone else emerge in San Diego? I didnt see any of the game, only stat sheet but heard Allen started the game. Anyone want to chime in?

You'd think that Allen or V. Brown would put up decent numbers when Rivers is throwing for 400 yards, but it isn't happening. Floyd's been out for a while and it hasn't done anything for the WRs. The passing game seems to revolve around Gates and Woodhead. Maybe defences will start to take Gates away and that could open things up for the WRs, but it hasn't happened yet.

As a V. Brown owner, I'm pretty frustrated that he's finally healthy and on a good passing offence, but is still not putting up any numbers.

Chargers homer here. Based off rivers career he's never had a consistent wr he's thrown to(other than what 10 games with DX last year due to him not trusting anyone else). While he loves the te and rb safety valves, even when he had vjax he'd target him a ton one week and none the next. Any wr in the chargers offense will have hit and miss games this year Imo. Royal, Allen, and brown. That being said, he looked studly in the previous game and he has the best hands on the team now. I'd say if he was gonna go off, it'll take a few weeks of chemistry with rivers first

• Like 1

I would rather take a shot with Allen than Brown or Royal. I've always felt that Brown is nothing but undeserved hype. Royal has been around, we know what he is.

I think you have to take a shot at him this week.

Last week he went 5/80/0 and he was wide open for a TD that Rivers missed. Allen also had some nice grabs, plus one excellent one that might have gained Rivers' trust. If he had caught that TD he would be a very big WW name right now. The Chargers need an end zone threat besides Gates and I think it's going to be him.

After watching some of the game it looked like Allen got more seperation and in general looked more talented than V.Brown did, but that could be due to Claiborne covering Brown. Still I think he's a stash considering his snap count exceeded Royal last week. Opportunity + talent = production...or something like that.

I am looking at Allen hard as well, I am always near the bottom on waiver wire order so have to look at least 1 week before they go off. I was debating between Allen and J. Simpson but would have to drop either Marlon Brown or Mike Williams. Would you rather have Allen over Brown?

I am looking at Allen hard as well, I am always near the bottom on waiver wire order so have to look at least 1 week before they go off. I was debating between Allen and J. Simpson but would have to drop either Marlon Brown or Mike Williams. Would you rather have Allen over Brown?

Great question here. What do you guys think? Marlon Brown is a bit banged up though not much(thigh). I wonder about Allen over Brown as well.

Specifically regarding Allen over Brown I'd make that move. Both are project picks with potential but I have to think Allen has the most opportunity/talent going forward.

Didnt stay up late enough to catch the game, but stats show a pretty good night for Allen yesterday.

While debating this, the two time champ in our league picked him up yesterday a.m. and inserted Allen in his line-up!

Didn't watch the game, but apparently, he didn't start producing until the second half during garbage time.

Two straight productive games since becoming a starter can't be ignored, though.

Didn't watch the game, but apparently, he didn't start producing until the second half during garbage time.

Two straight productive games since becoming a starter can't be ignored, though.

Rivers and his receivers have always been kings of garbage time. They looked like crap in the first half when the game was competitive.

He didnt impress me at all. He's from Cal so he played Vs Oakland and had a big game versus a weak raiders secondary. Lots of his catches were in garbage time. 2 plays I liked the TD that didnt count showed me something and his tackle breaking play for his 2nd TD. I don't think he becomes a star tho. Time will tell.

I feel just a little better now about benching Fitz for KA this week

Picked him up in every league I'm in. Hope he lessens the blow of losing Cobb for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

Picked him up in every league I'm in. Hope he lessens the blow of losing Cobb for an extended period of time.

Same here. And I'm very glad I picked him up as a FA last week cause there's no way I could get him off of waivers this week.

Same here. And I'm very glad I picked him up as a FA last week cause there's no way I could get him off of waivers this week.

I've been saving my waiver wire priority and I'm gonna burn it this week on Allen with the exact same hope. I lost both Shorts and Cobb this week so I'm really hurting.

The kid looked like a beast last night, that's for sure.

Posts like this make this site the best.

I picked him up last week based on what I had been reading and with upcoming bye weeks.

Almost 20 points for me this week...of course between ray rice, C Johnson, Coppertone and the browns D...he outscored them all with room to spare and I got shellaced 127 to 61 lol.

A 92 point drop from last weeks score of 153 lol.

Great CALL!!

Im thinking of offering Leveon Bell for Allen, is this a good trade? Or am i jumping the gun? I like it, what do you think?

I have stacy, brown, s jackson, and mathews still as far as RB

The reason why I picked him up is his targets increased in the last 3 games. Rivers did this last year with Danario Alexander. Right now he's a good bye week plug in and maybe longer.

Rec Tgt Yds Avg Lng TD

9 12 107 11.9 22 1

6 9 115 19.2 30 1

5 6 80 16.0 31 0

Someone just made me an offer for Allen, i would be giving up Andre Johnson and Zac Stacy. Thoughts on this? Stacy is nothing special, and andre johnson is banged up with the QB situation...i think im going to take it

I am starting him over Andre

Is this a bad trade? Andre and stacy for Allen, seems like too much for me...but i really want Allen, and Allen has great matchups

Dude... I wouldn't make that trade... Way to much for allen

thanks, i declined it actually like 10mins ago, i dont know what i was thinking lol...