Sign in to follow this  
ian Potter

Ray rice. Buy low?

WAs offered rice today in a trade. Can't believe I'm debating it but he's looked putrid this year averaging under 3 yards per carry.

Wondering what others are doing with him or if ur targeting him.

WAs offered rice today in a trade. Can't believe I'm debating it but he's looked putrid this year averaging under 3 yards per carry.

Wondering what others are doing with him or if ur targeting him.

what was the offer ?

I'm not a buy low fan on Rice. The owners I've dealt with all seem to think this is 2011 and he's a top 5 fantasy RB. He's not. If you watch the games, something just isn't right. Is it all the carries he's had? He's had some holes to run through and not hit them like he's done in the past. Without a doubt he's going to have some decent games as that's Baltimore's style, but I wouldn't want him on my roster in a dynasty or keeper league. When the wheels begin to fall off for a RB, they usually do so quickly. I thought he looked off at the end of last season. I didn't expect it to continue like this though. Even without Boldin and Pita, he should be getting more yardage as his line is pretty solid. Keep an eye out though as if the Ravens make a deal and pick up someone like Nicks, Rice's stock would immediately go up.

The one thing that will save Rice this season is his receptions in PPR. He's no longer going to put up 100 yards on the ground, but he'll certainly have 4-6 receptions a game and a TD at least every other game.

he is a buy low. good schedule between now and end of year. If you can get him, now is the time to do it.

Per ESPN Stats&Info, #Ravens rushers were hit in backfield on 9 of their 21 designed runs in Wk 6. @PFF has Baltimore 31st in run blocking.

Per ESPN Stats&Info, #Ravens rushers were hit in backfield on 9 of their 21 designed runs in Wk 6. @PFF has Baltimore 31st in run blocking.

Ouch. Their bye is coming up soon. Hopefully they will straighten things out and Rice can get a good rest.

Offer was Blackmon, allen, and stacy for Rice and Bell. I own Bush. Handcuff to him would be nice but trading away blackmon and allen takes away my flex. I'd have to insert Amendola or Boldin. My second option at RB is Miller.

My Rb situation will be putrid if Bush goes down. However, I'm not high on Rice. Too me it seems too much of a price.

I was offered Ray Rice and Dez Bryant for Reggie Bush!

Love Bryant not sure how I feel about Rice.

Of course you do this trade.

Dez is an absolute stud. Rice should come around.

I have Ray Rice in one league kind of defaulted to him since most of the guys I wanted were taken ahead of him. I am wishing I had just gone with my first instinct and taken Dez & AJ then filled in rbs later as this guy has been killing me all season. Also didnt help that I drafted David Wilson as my second rb in the third round, a recipe for a long season. Long story shoirt, I'd trade Ray Rice for a bag of doritos (cool ranch preferred). At least if he was not on my team I wouldnt have to decide whether or not to start him. Did I mention I have Brady too in that league.... just glad I won a game, thank you Vincent Jackson and AJ Green! was afraid I'd go 0 for the season.

I'm having a rough season so take this with a grain of salt. Yes Dez is a stud, but running backs that are performing are so rare this year. And, I dont think Rice is coming around, maybe thats just my frustration as a Rice owner, but he has looked terrible, Got the ball three straight times from the goial line last week and could not score.

I'd be inclined to keep Reggie Bush especially in a ppr league, but would need to see the roster to decide. Its all about who your plugging into the lineup, Rice in the starting lineup let me tell you has not been a lot of fun this year. So if its Dez and Rice versus Bush and an above average receiver I might be inclined to take the second option.

I'm having a rough season so take this with a grain of salt. Yes Dez is a stud, but running backs that are performing are so rare this year. And, I dont think Rice is coming around, maybe thats just my frustration as a Rice owner, but he has looked terrible, Got the ball three straight times from the goial line last week and could not score.

I'd be inclined to keep Reggie Bush especially in a ppr league, but would need to see the roster to decide. Its all about who your plugging into the lineup, Rice in the starting lineup let me tell you has not been a lot of fun this year. So if its Dez and Rice versus Bush and an above average receiver I might be inclined to take the second option.

Rodgers, Aaron

Reggie Bush

Jamal Charles

Vernon Davis

Vincent Jackson

Josh Gordon

Bench

Pierre Thomas

Jerome Simpson

Ryan Broyles

Andre Johnson

Ruben Randel

1pt PPR

Rodgers, Aaron

Reggie Bush

Jamal Charles

Vernon Davis

Vincent Jackson

Josh Gordon

Bench

Pierre Thomas

Jerome Simpson

Ryan Broyles

Andre Johnson

Ruben Randel

1pt PPR

With that team I am keeping Reggie Bush

I'd rather start Bush and Gordon/Jackson than Dez and Rice. Plus you have Andre Johnson (ppr pretty solid) and Ruben Randel as pretty good backups.

Thru Week 6...

Rice and Pierce both average 2.8 YPC. Scary.

Three QBs have more rushing yards than both players (Vick, Pryor, Wilson)

I have not watched enough of this team to make a more insightful analysis, but numbers don't lie. There are serious issues with the BAL running game.

As a Baltimore homer, don't buy low. Offensive line is very poor this year and Ray Rice lacks the "wiggle" that he had earlier in his career (according to Greg Cosell but on tv you can notice it too) and goes down very easily. His numbers really have nowhere to go but up, but not as much as you would hope for by buying him low.

Anyone trade for Rice lately?

Ive been trying to get him in one league but guy wont even counter me. I offered Boykin and MJD, Boykin and Stacy, Fitzgerald and Woodhead all turned down.

Anyone trade for Rice lately?

Ive been trying to get him in one league but guy wont even counter me. I offered Boykin and MJD, Boykin and Stacy, Fitzgerald and Woodhead all turned down.

No offense, but I can't believe there are people looking to give away something of value for Rice. I drafted rice and did everything in my power to trade him away. I lucked out and was able to convince another owner before wk 4 I think it was - the week when coach said they planned on giving rice 20 touches and everyone thought " he's gonna bounce back". I have Stacy and wouldn't trade him straight up for rice, let alone include a WR. Bal online is awful this year. Neither rice or pierce able to do anything.

Rice is putting up low RB2 numbers right now and his upside is only about high RB2...so I wouldn't try to overpay for him. Would snap accept the rice for Stacy and Boykin offer...Stacy has looked good in every game so far, even against a stout Seattle D.

Rice is going to put up better numbers. I read the same thing where he said is injury was killing his burst and now he rested through the bye week his burst is back and he can tell the difference. Also i read somewhere that Rice stastically always puts up a better 2nd half of the season coming out of the bye week. I own Rice and am holding pat or if i didn't own him I would be looking for a bye low opportunity.

Rice is going to put up better numbers. I read the same thing where he said is injury was killing his burst and now he rested through the bye week his burst is back and he can tell the difference. Also i read somewhere that Rice stastically always puts up a better 2nd half of the season coming out of the bye week. I own Rice and am holding pat or if i didn't own him I would be looking for a bye low opportunity.

I agree. If Rice has his burst back, I would be looking to buy not sell.

No offense, but I can't believe there are people looking to give away something of value for Rice. I drafted rice and did everything in my power to trade him away. I lucked out and was able to convince another owner before wk 4 I think it was - the week when coach said they planned on giving rice 20 touches and everyone thought " he's gonna bounce back". I have Stacy and wouldn't trade him straight up for rice, let alone include a WR. Bal online is awful this year. Neither rice or pierce able to do anything.

Yeah im glad the guy wouldnt trade. He said he wanted one of my WR's but no way in hell im giving up Nelson or Marshall for Rice.

Including the playoffs...those 400+ touches a season is finally catching up to him. He looked really slow out there and not hitting the cracks as quickly as he use to. If there's no burst or quickness to get pass the trenches in the NFL, no speed can help you.

Offensive play calling has also been a major issue. The flow of the offensive just seems off. There's no continuity.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I felt like I saw some light at the end of the tunnel in Baltimore's last game. Even though the final numbers weren't pretty, it seemed like the Ravens were getting a bit more creative with their offense, running a lot from the shotgun, and Rice was starting to move the pile and break some tackles.

Another problem Rice has faced this year and will continue to face is that he just doesn't have a lot of plus matchups on the schedule. He's got Chicago in week 11. Minnesota and Detroit in weeks 14 and 15. Other than that, he's going to have to get it done against some pretty stout defenses.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I felt like I saw some light at the end of the tunnel in Baltimore's last game. Even though the final numbers weren't pretty, it seemed like the Ravens were getting a bit more creative with their offense, running a lot from the shotgun, and Rice was starting to move the pile and break some tackles.

Another problem Rice has faced this year and will continue to face is that he just doesn't have a lot of plus matchups on the schedule. He's got Chicago in week 11. Minnesota and Detroit in weeks 14 and 15. Other than that, he's going to have to get it done against some pretty stout defenses.

Wha? Steelers and Pats, weeks 13 and 16 are stout Defenses???

He's got his burst back? He wasn't exactly looking like the old rice even before he hurt his hip.

It's not good when anyone says, "got burst back". I've trade to talk myself into buying him but just not worth the risk.

RB1-Charles

RB2-Stacy or MJD

WR1-Nelson

WR2-Marshall

FLEX-Boykin or Fitzgerald

RB1-Charles

RB2-Rice

WR1-Nelson

WR2-Fitzgerald

FLEX-Boykin, Stacy, MJD, or Woodhead

Man that does look better with Rice in there. Damn like to flip Fitz and one of RBs for him

Wha? Steelers and Pats, weeks 13 and 16 are stout Defenses???

Ravens/Steelers games tend to be low-scoring crapfests.

The Pats are a bit of an enigma, but they don't seem to be a team that often gives up big numbers to RBs.

Ravens/Steelers games tend to be low-scoring crapfests.

The Pats are a bit of an enigma, but they don't seem to be a team that often gives up big numbers to RBs.

Yeah but Steelers just gave up 2 TDs to McFadden while the Pats have given up over 100 yards rushing to both the Jets and Miami and those are far from explosive offenses.