Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

N.Y Giants RBs

Giants will sign RB Peyton Hillis.

With David Wilson (neck) out, Andre Brown (leg) on PUP, Da'Rel Scott (hamstring) waived/injured and Michael Cox too raw, the Giants are turning to a blast from the past. Hillis ran for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Browns back in 2010, but has since hit a downward spiral that's seen him garner a total of 246 carries over the last three seasons while bouncing from Cleveland to Kansas City to Tampa. He'll step in as Brandon Jacobs' (probable, hamstring) primary backup for Monday's game against the Vikings, but is only worth a speculative add in the deepest of leagues. The Giants have a bye in Week 9, and Brown/Wilson could both be back for Week 10.

jacobs

cox/hillis

brown due back week 10

anything to see here? i dont think jacobs holds up ..,personally i currently own brown & i'm gonna drop him for vereen who is due back week 11

It is mind-boggling how a guy can fall from grace so quickly actually when looking at Hillis.

The former Madden cover boy makes for an interesting flier in deeper leagues and I just might jump in and test the water.

I question if Jacobs holds up (same could be said for Hillis tho), what the future holds for Wilson, and Cox? Meh.

Maybe the time away did him some good.. As far as the cup of coffee in Tampa, did anyone expect him to usurp Martin?

This could be a golden opportunity for him.

Signed,

Mrs. Hillis

It is mind-boggling how a guy can fall from grace so quickly actually when looking at Hillis.

The former Madden cover boy makes for an interesting flier in deeper leagues and I just might jump in and test the water.

I question if Jacobs holds up (same could be said for Hillis tho), what the future holds for Wilson, and Cox? Meh.

Maybe the time away did him some good.. As far as the cup of coffee in Tampa, did anyone expect him to usurp Martin?

This could be a golden opportunity for him.

Signed,

Mrs. Hillis

Hahaha Mrs. Hillis

Next two games, Jacobs is the only back worth considering owning.

After the bye, I would rank them Wilson, Brown, Jacobs in that order.

Giants will sign RB Peyton Hillis.

With David Wilson (neck) out, Andre Brown (leg) on PUP, Da'Rel Scott (hamstring) waived/injured and Michael Cox too raw, the Giants are turning to a blast from the past. Hillis ran for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Browns back in 2010, but has since hit a downward spiral that's seen him garner a total of 246 carries over the last three seasons while bouncing from Cleveland to Kansas City to Tampa. He'll step in as Brandon Jacobs' (probable, hamstring) primary backup for Monday's game against the Vikings, but is only worth a speculative add in the deepest of leagues. The Giants have a bye in Week 9, and Brown/Wilson could both be back for Week 10.

jacobs

cox/hillis

brown due back week 10

anything to see here? i dont think jacobs holds up ..,personally i currently own brown & i'm gonna drop him for vereen who is due back week 11

Hillis may be an interesting player. hes of no use for at least 2-3 weeks until he learns the system.

I think Jacobs was quickly productive he knows enough of the system from when he was there before that he could fit in quickly.

Hillis will be another story. but I also think Jacobs is an injury waiting to happen, so Hillis is a good pickup.

i picked up jacobs exactly for the next two games and then i will drop him. hillis will do nothing for the giants except be a backup.

and why do you plan on dropping him in 2 weeks?

Andre Brown is gonna come back and tear it up for the ff playoff push.......pick him up now.

Andre Brown is gonna come back and tear it up for the ff playoff push.......pick him up now.

i wish i believed you or anyone had any real idea how the brown/wilson/maybe jacobs mess was gonna shake out come week ten.

i wish i believed you or anyone had any real idea how the brown/wilson/maybe jacobs mess was gonna shake out come week ten.

If you truly believe a 31 year old back is gonna hold up never mind get anything other than short yardage carries if that when Brown returns I got a cannon ball I want to sell you.

Wilson is a wildcard but I just don't trust him to do much. He's been given his chance and has done absolutely nothing with it.

Barring an injury this will be the Andre Brown show.

If you truly believe a 31 year old back is gonna hold up never mind get anything other than short yardage carries if that when Brown returns I got a cannon ball I want to sell you.

Wilson is a wildcard but I just don't trust him to do much. He's been given his chance and has done absolutely nothing with it.

Barring an injury this will be the Andre Brown show.

I agree with your assessment, but let's carry it out a bit. Andre Brown has broken the same leg two years in a row. That's pretty bad. If you asked me yesterday I would have said to hold on to Scott, but...

Unless you are in a dynasty league (maybe not even then), there is nothing to see in the Giants run game.

I agree with your assessment, but let's carry it out a bit. Andre Brown has broken the same leg two years in a row. That's pretty bad. If you asked me yesterday I would have said to hold on to Scott, but...

Unless you are in a dynasty league (maybe not even then), there is nothing to see in the Giants run game.

I did say barring an injury to Brown. He's at risk of doing so again but his floor and ceiling are both too high to be ignored and right now he's a free stash.

You don't get too many RB options with a real chance to be a difference maker well into the regular season.

i dont understand the cannon ball joke but for the right price lmk.

Haha was just first thing that came to mind. What is a cannon balls' value in this day and age?

Ya I picked up Brown last week and was stoked... now I wonder if Jacobs will be the goal line guy now. Thinking if I should drop Brown for Jacobs, don't have to have Jacobs this week. Its just that Browns goal line work excited me, now don't know. Not worried about Hillis

Ya I picked up Brown last week and was stoked... now I wonder if Jacobs will be the goal line guy now. Thinking if I should drop Brown for Jacobs, don't have to have Jacobs this week. Its just that Browns goal line work excited me, now don't know. Not worried about Hillis

I went ahead and made a trade for Jacobs. I really like his next two games before the bye. I still think it's gonna be Brown's job when he gets back but Jacobs is a good cuff especially since there is no time table on Wilson to return now.

Fearful of Brown being effective with same leg shattered twice in one year, I had a multi break also same leg in 16mos.. it took well over a year to recover full strength, more likely he will be tentative and lose some power/step....very risky to bank on....

If Wilson is cleared 100% by week 10, no doubt he will be the featured-back, and used extensively the next 6-weeks....why....Giants invested a first round pick on Wilson, they need to know if he is their future or redraft another RB 2014....Wilson is almost begging to play week #7, Giants want him at 100% before he is inserted in lineup...If you have room and lack RB's he could be a valued pickup for the late season & playoff run if some owner dropped him.....some risk, but possible bigger reward......

Fearful of Brown being effective with same leg shattered twice in one year, I had a multi break also same leg in 16mos.. it took well over a year to recover full strength, more likely he will be tentative and lose some power/step....very risky to bank on....

If Wilson is cleared 100% by week 10, no doubt he will be the featured-back, and used extensively the next 6-weeks....why....Giants invested a first round pick on Wilson, they need to know if he is their future or redraft another RB 2014....Wilson is almost begging to play week #7, Giants want him at 100% before he is inserted in lineup...If you have room and lack RB's he could be a valued pickup for the late season & playoff run if some owner dropped him.....some risk, but possible bigger reward......

======================================================================================================================

Wilson won't play another down this year. They won't risk that first round pick on him. Brown is the rb to own. Jacobs barely made it through the first game.

======================================================================================================================

Wilson won't play another down this year. They won't risk that first round pick on him. Brown is the rb to own. Jacobs barely made it through the first game.

fyi it wasn't ''shattered'' it was a hairline crack similar to a crack in a coffee cup that you still drink out of

fyi it wasn't ''shattered'' it was a hairline crack similar to a crack in a coffee cup that you still drink out of

be serious bro do you need a couple bucks?

be serious bro do you need a couple bucks?

serious about what? just keeping real

Andre Brown described his Thursday night left-leg fracture as a "tiny crack."

"It's not that bad of a break," said Brown, who has fractured the same leg before. Brown anticipates avoiding surgery, and coach Tom Coughlin doesn't believe the injury is year-ending. Still, any fractured bone is going to require at least 4-6 weeks of healing time. Brown remains a candidate for I.R./designated for return. He is not eligible to open the season on reserve/PUP.

You must be a Wilson owner who still has a gleam of hope left in you. Wilson had his chances and now he is done.

Oh dear lord....stop the BS.....Just kidding!

I am with many others thinking they put A.Brown on IR designated to return...because...." they do not trust Wilson or Scott".

Cox is a nobody...or he would have played by now.

Jacobs cannot last much longer......period...

Hillis...Com'on man! He will be dropped in 2 weeks when Brown gets back....No one wanted him all year and was crap last year!

Everyone is saying NYG O-line sucks......yea....in pass protection and with crappy RB's trying to run the ball.

A.Brown will be a top 10-16 RB when he returns....bearing injury!

I would cut Wilson for Brenda Jacobs, right now. By years end, Andre Brown could make Wilson into an afterthought. Forget the fumbling, and the fact he can't block, his biggest roadblock is the giving Coughlin the red-ass. He would've cut him weeks ago if he';d had any kind of alternative. First game of the year, first drive of the GAME, and dude coughs it up on the Cowboy eight freaking yard line...! I thought Coughlin was going to blow a check valve, his ears were steaming so badly...

Latest news about Wilson on Rotoworld:

David Wilson told reporters Friday he doesn't anticipate any further news on his neck injury "for a month."

Wilson is riding an exercise bike on the side of practices in hopes of a late-season return, and "insists he feels fine." The one-month mark would put Wilson at November 18 -- just ahead of Week 12. Fantasy owners in 12- and 14-team leagues can continue to cling to Wilson as a bench stash, but no one should be counting on the second-year runner helping them get wins anytime soon.
Oct 18 - 2:20 PM

serious about what? just keeping real

Andre Brown described his Thursday night left-leg fracture as a "tiny crack."

"It's not that bad of a break," said Brown, who has fractured the same leg before. Brown anticipates avoiding surgery, and coach Tom Coughlin doesn't believe the injury is year-ending. Still, any fractured bone is going to require at least 4-6 weeks of healing time. Brown remains a candidate for I.R./designated for return. He is not eligible to open the season on reserve/PUP.

Source: Ohm Youngmisuk on Twitter

i thought if a few of us pitched in we could get you some decent coffee cups. just level.

i swapped wilson for brown btw. if you turds are wrong i will find you and fill your heads with misinformation for as long as you are able to and still asking questions.

tia.

We'll be rowing the same boat. I am going to make a move on Brown after this week's games. Want to see how his rehab and practice progress for about another week.

We'll be rowing the same boat. I am going to make a move on Brown after this week's games. Want to see how his rehab and practice progress for about another week.

You must play with guppies if you're willing to wait until after this weeks games and think he'll still be available,

You must play with guppies if you're willing to wait until after this weeks games and think he'll still be available,

Yeah, there is no way you can wait on him. I am very surprised he is available in your league now. If he is and Jacobs has a bad game it will be a mad rush on Tuesday to get brown. I hope you have a high position on your wire.

You guys crack me up.... his leg was shattered now, huh ?

Yeah, there is no way you can wait on him. I am very surprised he is available in your league now. If he is and Jacobs has a bad game it will be a mad rush on Tuesday to get brown. I hope you have a high position on your wire.

Actually I play in a pretty high tech 12 team keeper/auction league, with some unique rules involving rookies. This is probably our 10th year together. Roster spaces which would normally be available to stash a promising hurt veteran player for future use are otherwise being used on players such as Christine Michael, DeAndre Hopkins, Denard Robinson, Aaron Dobson, Kenny Stills, Cordarelle Patterson etc. Not all leagues are alike, though we play the same game...

Lol... Sure, whatever you say Lombardi.