Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Do you blame your 3-5 start on the compiler?

I bought the complier to see how fftoday ranked their players. Most of what they had listed, I agreed with completely. In the vast majority of instances that I didn't agree, I was wrong. I thought they had Amendola too low in PPR, so I bumped him up in my personal rankings. That didn't work out so well. They had Ivory listed much lower than I did. Another example of me messing with their rankings and it not working so well...... Had I followed their rankings 100%, I don't know what the outcome would be, but my teams would be better than they are right now. How much? Who knows, but my lousy drafts weren't the fault of fftoday. Overall, the players I strongly disagreed with them on have ruined several of my teams. Everyone misses on some picks, but overall, I think they did a pretty sweet job and have been very accurate.

I didn't use the compiler but due to deciding to play FF this year a day before the draft I based my ranks mainly off of FFToday with some of my own tweaks and really the biggest thing I can think of that they were wrong about was Lamar Miller. Here's to the slim hope that he can still prove them (somewhat) right on that one....

I used it. My Draft:

1st: Spiller - Bust

2nd: Reggie - Hit

3rd: Roddy W. - Bust

4th Amendola - Bust

5th Eddie Lacy - Hit

6th Romo - Hit

6-2 record.... Why? I used this site to help me draft the 7th-15th rounders which saved me.

In the league I am in, one guy had to draft his and his brother's team. He used the same cheat sheet and was back to back. His record is 2-6... His brother's is 6-2....

Drafting is only part of the game... You draft the best players you can depending on draft position and hope for the best. In one league this was my team after the draft

Starters

Rodgers

Martin

Spiller

Julio

Garcon

V. Davis

Bench

Kaep

Bradshaw

M. Ball

Gordon

G. tate

Awesome team! That is until 3 of my top 6 are out for the year. Rodgers loses all of his WRs. Ball doesnt play. V. Davis is limited in a few games. Garcon under performs. And my keeper, Spiller, has sucked and been injured for most of the year.

Everyone would have taken that team at the beginning of the season and you would have been decimated by injuries and bad luck!

I blame this crappy site and its insistence on RB/RB, as well as hyping up garbage prospects like Monty Ball.

I've learned my lesson, I won't head to this place until after Week 1's games are played.

Trent Richardson submarined my team: I have the 5th ranked QB, 5th and 10th ranked WRs, 2nd ranked TE, #1 kicker, #2 defense.

Dead last place.

I believed in Norv and Trent, oops.

Nope. I blame my 7-1, 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 5-3 starts on it. ;)

Last couple years, including this year I've targeted one of the top QBs in the first few rounds. I'm still not going to draft donkey balls so those that waited to jump on him, good for you.

I blame my 3-5 record on CJ Spiller, I am 2nd in the league in total points, yet 3-5 with losses of 4, 5, 8, 2, and this week 40

CJ Spiller has killed me, each week posting under 8 pts

Does anyone actually draft straight from somebody's list or big board or whatever?

Nobody that either a) has played FF for any amount of time or B) actually watches the NFL other than there teams

I am 5-3, but heading down fast due to injuries to Martin, Julio and Wayne. Since they were my 1st, 3rd and 4th rounders, it is the injuries, not the drafting.

I will squarely put the blame on Tom Brady and this site's insistence on ranking him above Dalton 3 weeks in a row. I lost 2 out of the last three because Ginger was on the bench. Oh, and Julio's stint on IR...and the Texans DST...and Jermichael Finley though it's not really his fault for getting hurt...

Does anyone actually draft straight from somebody's list or big board or whatever?

Yes, we are robots.

Plus, that way if we win we take credit for making the best decisions while if we lose... We put the blame on FFT, injuries, or of course... Luck.

no matter where you do your research at its up to you to filter out the bullshit and make good picks based on where you pick and the direction of your draft. Blame no one but the ill informed owner. says confucious.(he once drafted jesus in the holy fantasy football league)