Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Broncos Vs. Patriots

I gotta say, Welker was awful. Numerous costly drops, focked up calling that last punt too. I did not miss him as a Pats fan tonight and I was totally expecting that I would

Anyone else see the two photographers get into it when Brady and Manning met on the field immediately following the GW field goal? One threw a punch at the other trying to get into position.

Anyone else see the two photographers get into it when Brady and Manning met on the field immediately following the GW field goal? One threw a punch at the other trying to get into position.

Yeah I saw that and pointed it out to the wife. Looked like a photographer was in position for a great shot of Brady and Manning doing the handshake but then the other photographer jostled him as he was shooting. Then the first guy got :angry: and threw a punch at the jostler :lol: :doublethumbsup:

I just won a highly improbable game. Going into SNF, I had a 7 point lead while my opponent had Ridley and Prater. No way I can hold to win! Well. Ridley gets 14 yards then fumbles, never to appear in the game again. Big ole minus 1! Prater kicks for 7. 7 plus (-1) equals 6 and 6 is a 1 point win for me!

Watched that whole game praying they wouldn't have Prater get another FG.

Sometimes the stars really do align.

:wub:

what a fluky way for Denver to lose that game. I feel like New England has won a couple of them like that this year

Well yes, they won the Saints and Broncos games in a flukey way. But they also lost the Jets and Panthers games in a flukey way so it's just that kind of year I suppose.

Belichick again proves his genius.

Brady-manning ot clash highlights yet another stat that puts Brady over manning.

Overtime records:

Brady 9-2

Manning 3-4

I had Manning and lost by 2pts and probably wont even make the playoffs now, garbage

Belichick again proves his genius.

Brady-manning ot clash highlights yet another stat that puts Brady over manning.

Overtime records:

Brady 9-2

Manning 3-4

Genius? That song by Janet Jackson comes to mind: "what have you done for me lately...". Alls BB does is lose big playoff games and Super Bowls. Sorry.

This game proves that there really are no good teams in the NFL. Just a bunch of mediocre, .500 teams that rely on lucky breaks and flakey happenings week after week. The chiefs proved that too. As usual, I'm right. Yawn.

Did someone say "Prison Rape!"? Peyton must be doing the Derek Vinyard shuffle today.

LOL. This thread just replaced "Graham owners are going to get burned" for thread of the year. :first:

Genius?

call it what you want - but every coach in the NFL is now re-calculating the benefits of deferring in overtime... Belichick, as usual, has already calculated the odds, factored in the wind, and had the b@lls to put his team in what he considered its best position to win.

"Give Manning the ball... we'll take the wind" - #!! Really!?

:dunno:

No, welker is a clutch stud who made a mistake. Manning takes the blame cuz it shouldnt have gone to ot in the first place. 24-0 is game over, anything less is an epic choke. Somehow, someway, Manning finds ways to lose these big games. 9-11 playoff record backs that up.

call it what you want - but every coach in the NFL is now re-calculating the benefits of deferring in overtime... Belichick, as usual, has already calculated the odds, factored in the wind, and had the b@lls to put his team in what he considered its best position to win.

"Give Manning the ball... we'll take the wind" - #!! Really!?

This. If that plan had backfired, Bill would be getting raked over the coals from every quarter today, and he knew that, but he just doesn't care. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, as a Manning/Decker owner, the Broncos have learned to never take your foot off the petal. Take a page from the Hoody.....roll up the score.

Why do people keep saying Denver "took their foot off the pedal" and such? They did the same thing in the second half they did in the first half - they ran the ball. Manning had 80 some yards passing midway through the 4th quarter. Like Belichick said in his presser "You don't go in at halftime with a 24 point lead and say "Let's change what we're doing".

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-1125-Proud-of-the-way-we-fought-back/d029add6-965d-4004-910a-cfe961a40e3e

No, welker is a clutch stud who made a mistake. Manning takes the blame cuz it shouldnt have gone to ot in the first place. 24-0 is game over, anything less is an epic choke. Somehow, someway, Manning finds ways to lose these big games. 9-11 playoff record backs that up.

Welker dropped a few passes in that game. By the end of his tenure in New England he was becoming known for inopportune drops (most notably in Superbowl XLVI). I love the guy but I do think it has become an issue for him.