Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Post Your First Three Picks

I was reading the biggest bust thread and started wondering how many other people got screwed on RB's this year. I'm actually more interested in the first two picks. Especially if you went RB/RB.

And please don't post your eight team Yahoo family league. Post your main league.

I went

Rice

Jackson

Fitzgerald

First year in a long time I went RB/RB. I was picking best available using FFTodays rankings. Picking from the ten spot in a twelve team re-draft. Saw RB's flying off the board early so I decided go old school.

I'm 5-6 with a small shot to earn the sixth spot in the playoffs if I win tonight and next week.

10 team redraft third pick:

D Martin

S Ridley

D Thomas

10-1 record thanks to the fourth pick being Peyton "I saved your season" Manning.

• Like 1

I picked on the wheel, so the first two can be switched. But my main league is a 2QB league...

1) Megatron

2) Spiller

3) S. Jax

Followed that up with CJ2K and Vereen... I'm 9-3 and leading the league in points.

Leagues are not won or lost in the first few rounds.

Main league auction draft, top $$$ spent on

D. Martin

D. Wilson

B. Marshall

Bottom feeder this year. :wall:

Mccoy

Wilson

Andre J

7-5 tied for 1st in a dogfight of a division/league. 2nd most points scored overall.

14-team league, went:

TRich

Chris Johnson

V Cruz

After a 1-3 start I'm 7-5 thanks to some late round gems (JGordon, Moreno and L.Bell), trading for RG3 and picking up Julius Thomas.

In my 10-teamer my first three were TRich :rolleyes: , Jamaal Charles and Demaryus. I am crushing it at 10-2 but this is no doubt an uncompetitive work league.

Jamal Charles

Julio Jones

Steven Jackson

10-2 thanks to J.Gordon, Jordy Nelson and Gio Benard/Shane Vareen

Megatron

AJ Green'

Stafford

-----then-----

Garcon

Wilson (Now A. Brown)

McFadden (Now Jennings)

Hilton

Fred Jackson

Ryan Matthews

7-5 and leading the league in points by over 200..Only problem with my team is that I have also had 200 more points scored against me than any other team.

megatron aj green antonio brown in a ppr. about to be 8 and 4 in a pretty competitive league.

12 team PPR league - .8 per reception. 4 Pts for QB passing TDs.

I was #1 overall . . .

All Day #1, BMarshall #24 and MJD #25. I think I took DWill, Romo, VDavis in that order after that.

The only thing I would have done differently is taken Manning there (instead of MJD) had I predicted he would go off the way he did at the beginning of the year. I ended up getting Romo in the 5th, traded him and Marvin Jones for Rodgers right before he got injured.

I'm probably going to miss the playoffs (7-5 overall); I am in 4th in our division but have more overall points than 1st in the other division. Basically, one division sucks and the other division is loaded. And we only take 4 to the playoffs and play two weeks head to head. Trying to get that changed (league vote) as it's the 2nd year it's happened this way.

Ironically, this is the team I now have.

QB - Big Ben (WW)/Rodgers (trade)

RB - AP (draft), MJD (draft), Tate (draft), Jennings (WW) and Ivory (WW)

WR- Marshall (draft), KAllen (WW), RRandle (draft)

TE - VDavis (draft), GarGraham (WW)

K - Dawson (WW), Bailey (WW)

DST - Bengals (draft)

IDP - Darryl Smith (WW)/Kuechly (draft)

There's still hope . . . but slim.

I was a big RB heavy guy for many years but have totally gone away from that the last couple seasons.

14 team PPR.

McCoy

Marshall

Graham

Bush in the 4th.

7-4-1, with the tie coming this week. Nice drops Shane and Danny.

Really happy with those picks in a 14 teamer. Unfortunately my QB situation with Ryan and Cutler has derailed me a little bit. Started Freeman yesterday. :wall:

10-team no PPR:

Charles

McCoy

Fitzgerald

Will be 8-4 unless the 49ers D and Boldin both put up some record-shattering numbers tonight. Clearly, going RB/RB wasn't a problem and I scooped up Andre Brown for the bye weeks. I've been okay at WR with Gordan, VJax and Decker in addition to Fitz, but I never seem to bench the right guy out of those 4.

14-teamer, picked 14th (1 holdover); Bonus scoring (1-9 = 6 pt TD, 10-39 yds = 9 pts TD, 40+ = 12 pts TD; x2 for RB/QB receiving TD, WR/QB rushing TD)

Holdover = J Charles

1st = D Bryant

2nd = AJ Green

3rd = S Vereen

6-6 and a shot at the playoffs still. 3rd in pts.

9th pick.

Spiller

Rodgers

Gore

I'm 5-6 and about to go to 6-6 in a four way tie for the final playoff spot.

The only remaining players I have on my roster from the draft are Rodgers and Spiller. I was 3-6, but went on a little win streak after I started cutting "big name" players like TRich, Roddy, Cameron and SJax.

1. Megatron

2. Manning

3. Chris Johnson

I never take RB's too soon. For that reason I took CJ because he was there. RB's in my eyes are a dime a dozen there is a new top RB every year and they get injured so often I wait till about 3rd or 4th rd to pick a RB than I don't draft another one for awhile. My scheme has been working great lol :thumbsup:

10th pick 12 team non ppr

A Foster, MJD, A Rod

J Nelson was next.

Started 5-1, finished 1-5. I've had the most PA in my league. Lost the divison by tie breaker.

Nelson suffered the most once A Rod went out. Foles was a decent replacement. Foster has no replacement, I handcuffed Tate, that didn't work out well.

Richardson

Graham

Fitz

I am 7-4 (14 team PPR league).

I currently only have three players that I originally drafted (Graham, Bernard, Garcon) still on my team.

11th pick, 12 team redraft non PPR

Alfred Morris

AJ Green

Victor Cruz

Stafford, Antonio Brown and Knowshon Moreno picks have really helped my cause. 9-3.

1. Megatron

2. Manning

3. Chris Johnson

I never take RB's too soon. For that reason I took CJ because he was there. RB's in my eyes are a dime a dozen there is a new top RB every year and they get injured so often I wait till about 3rd or 4th rd to pick a RB than I don't draft another one for awhile. My scheme has been working great lol :thumbsup:

It really depends on the league... but with the shifting landscape of the NFL (passing league, RBBC, etc) it's really getting to the point that going RB/RB is a mistake.

8th pick, 12-team, non-PPR, redraft league:

McCoy

Forte

Fitzgerald

8-4 with the highest-scoring team in the league (thanks to trading Forte for Megatron (and I have Stafford)).

1st pick. 14 team. Competitive, active members.

(1) AP

(2) Gore

(3) Brandon Marshall

Was able to get Stafford at 4th. He has been the key. Also got A Brown and Gordon (suspended at time) ....

10-2 with a loss where I scored 156 (standard scoring lost by 2 pts )

Been doing this for 15 + years and am convinced middle round picks are the key. Was lucky Stafford was available in 4th. As well as being active the first 1-2 weeks on the waiver wire.

12 team

AP

R bush

Demarius 7-5 ...,would be 8-4 if it wasn't for losing by 2 points this week

dobson 0 points

stafford 4 ints :doh:

FFPC High Stakes Main Event

Picking 3rd

1.3 J. Charles

2.10 P.Manning

3.3 A.Johnson

1st Overall in Points

4th in Standings (high-point shootout losses)

Currently 12th out of 1,200 in Overall Standings (100 Leagues)

I'll play along. I have 4 main big money leagues, so I'll include them all :wave:

League 1: 12 team non-ppr, pick #5. Record: 7-5, and likely the only league I'm making playoffs. :( Strong late round drafting, waiver work, and trades saved me in this league.

1) Trent Richardson (ugh)

2) MJD (ugh)

3) Demaryius Thomas

League 2: 14 team full ppr, pick #7. Record 4-8. My team is unstoppable but have had incredibly bad luck. It's seriously one of the best full point ppr teams in a 14 team league I have ever seen. If I had played every team every week in this league, my record would be 97-46. Lead the league in points AND points against. Sigh. It upsets my old heart.

1) Jamaal Charles

2) Steven Jackson

3) Reggie Bush

League 3: 12 team .5 ppr, pick #8. Record 3-9. The worst draft of my life. Injuries didn't help. Thanks again David Wilson, Roddy, and Arian. FU.

1) Arian Foster

2) David Wilson

2) Roddy White (I'm not joking about these first 3 picks)

League 4: 12 team .5 ppr, pick #10. Record 7-5. My team is extremely strong here too, but only the top 4 make playoffs. I'll most likely finish 5th. As with league #2, some incredibly untimely injuries and two sub one point losses killed me. :mellow:

1) Jamaal Charles

2) Lesean McCoy

3) Andre Johnson

ADP

D.THOMAS

COBB

In another league.

J.charles

Trent Richardson - ouch

Reggie bush.