Sign in to follow this  
nos23

dez bryant score changing

The NFL has deducted 16 yards from Dez Bryant's Week 12 receiving total.

Bryant made a reception in the fourth quarter, fumbled the ball backwards, and is now "credited" with an 11-yard loss. The Cowboys recovered the fumble, but this is a situation that could change the outcome of some Week 12 fantasy head-to-head games. Dez finishes with nine grabs for 86 yards instead of 102. It could be particularly painful for fantasy leaguers in 100-plus-yard bonus scoring leagues. Tony Romo's passing yardage total has also dropped from 250 to 234, because all in all the Cowboys lost 16 yards on the play.

gonna lose because of this great

The NFL has deducted 16 yards from Dez Bryant's Week 12 receiving total.

Bryant made a reception in the fourth quarter, fumbled the ball backwards, and is now "credited" with an 11-yard loss. The Cowboys recovered the fumble, but this is a situation that could change the outcome of some Week 12 fantasy head-to-head games. Dez finishes with nine grabs for 86 yards instead of 102. It could be particularly painful for fantasy leaguers in 100-plus-yard bonus scoring leagues. Tony Romo's passing yardage total has also dropped from 250 to 234, because all in all the Cowboys lost 16 yards on the play.

gonna lose because of this great

will thats why is just a fantasy

I won because of it! Happy they caught that, after Dez had that fumble and they lost all the yards due to it I was wondering how that doesn't count against him. I mean, he did fumble it out of bounds and they lost yards due to it so.....

what the fack... as of midnight last night I had a W I wake up and see this and now I have an L by .5

Unreal, doesnt he get forward progress or something lol

what the fack... as of midnight last night I had a W I wake up and see this and now I have an L by .5

Unreal, doesnt he get forward progress or something lol

It was already out there yesterday that the change was coming.

One league it helped me, but SF D took care of it anyway to seal my win.

The other it made it close when Vernon was having a good night.

I think I squeaked out a win by about a point or so.

crazy how much effect that had. dez owners in my leagues all still won fwiw but man it made for some really close calls with super serious potential implications. it may be called fantasy but my winnings spend real.

I was down by 2 woke up this morning & won with a tie ..., we go by most bench points for tie breakers :)

I was down by 2 woke up this morning & won with a tie ..., we go by most bench points for tie breakers :)

That is just stupid...

and why is that? you got a better idea for ties ?

20 years of FF. I've never seen them take the yards from the receiver AFTER the fumble occurred. Strange

Exactly. New statistic rules?

gives ya reason to load up on qbs for sure

With hot rare ties are, if someone is making roster decisions based on this they are the retard.

With hot rare ties are, if someone is making roster decisions based on this they are the retard.

think he's talken bout playoffs ...,i've seen other teams load up on qb's in the finals

we break ties the same way.

Same here. And with decimal scoring we've had 1 tie in 10 years. Not worth roster changing for sure.

and why is that? you got a better idea for ties ?

Yes... Why leave it to the bench players, especially if you have a lot of players on bye that particular week during the regular season... Makes it really unfair...

Here is the tiebreaker rule in my league for the playoffs... Ties are allowed during the regular season...

• Total offensive yards by starters. (This would include any passing/rushing/receiving yards accumulated by the QB and the 5 RB/WR).
  • Total TD's scored by team. (This would including passing TDs, rushing/receiving TDs and return TDs by the defense).
  • Fewest turnovers by team. (This would include any interceptions thrown and any fumbles lost by the starting players).
  • Fewest yards allowed by starting defense.
  • Higher seed.
Some won't like it, but it is sure a lot better than using the points from the bench, especially if you are in a keeper league and have guys injured that you are planning on keeping the following year...

Yes... Why leave it to the bench players, especially if you have a lot of players on bye that particular week during the regular season... Makes it really unfair...

Here is the tiebreaker rule in my league for the playoffs... Ties are allowed during the regular season...

• Total offensive yards by starters. (This would include any passing/rushing/receiving yards accumulated by the QB and the 5 RB/WR).
  • Total TD's scored by team. (This would including passing TDs, rushing/receiving TDs and return TDs by the defense).
  • Fewest turnovers by team. (This would include any interceptions thrown and any fumbles lost by the starting players).
  • Fewest yards allowed by starting defense.
  • Higher seed.
Some won't like it, but it is sure a lot better than using the points from the bench, especially if you are in a keeper league and have guys injured that you are planning on keeping the following year...

We do it similar,

First, most TD's scored, then by the highest scoring starter.

Going by bench points suck, especially for the bye week reason you brought up. Also, because it means you may have left a high scorer on your bench, instead of starting them...which you should be penalized for not making the right decision.