Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Aaron Rodgers out for ROS?

Per Rotoworld:

"The 5-6-1 Packers' season is just about over. They have little hope for the playoffs, and Rapoport adds that the team is considering shutting Rodgers down for the rest of the year, especially since their postseason hopes are slim. The combination of Matt Flynn and Scott Tolzien has "led" the Packers to three consecutive losses, while Flynn looked completely incapable of running an NFL offense Thursday against the Lions. If Rodgers can't return, it will be a huge blow to Jordy Nelson, Eddie Lacy, and the rest of Green Bay's skill position players' fantasy stocks. Rodgers is throwing without pain, but there's still a real possibility the bone isn't healed and could be dislodged, creating a career-threatening injury. We'll know more this upcoming practice week. Dec 1 - 9:04 AM"

Time to drop him?

The year Romo fractured his clavicle, the media said the same thing. Of course, Romo played again that season. I expect Rogers back as soon as the bone is healed enough to no longer be at risk of future injury.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the playoffs is far fetched. A healthy Rogers can win games. Is he healthy enough to play should be the question.

Well Roto has it wrong... Their season without Rodgers is already over. With Rodgers back in the mix, they are very much in it. They're a game and a half back of Detroit, so catching them is not unreasonable. Especially given that teams propensity to choke and go in the tank on any given Sunday. The Lion's next two games are at Philly and BALT. Extremely gaggable games for that bunch. The Pack have the Falcons and at DALL coming up, so it is not unrealistic to see GB in first place after Week 15. Of course the Bears are also in the mix at 6-5 and are at Minnesota this week. In fact, if a Packer fan I'd be more worried about Chicago, who have Dallas at home in Week 14 then travel to Cleveland in Week 15. But with the train wreck that is Chicago's defense all bets are off.

Assuming Rodgers can't go in Week 14 and all three teams win (the Pack can very easily pull off a must-win game against ATL at home even with Flynn/Tolzien), they are still very much in it going into Week 15. Essentially two games back with three to play.The premise here is that with the Pack eliminated it makes NO sense to bring back Rodgers at all, but obviously that is far from the case unless the team itself has quit. Of course, McCarthy has still got to be kicking himself for letting that MN game get away, and allowing the ball to be in Flynn's hands with the game on the line.

CBS is reporting this too.

Since Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone in Week 8, the Packers have been in a freefall, losing four games since and tying one to fall to a record of 5-6-1 and putting them on the cusp of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

Though Rodgers practiced for the first time last week, he didn't play in the team's Thanksgiving loss to the Lions, and according to NFL.com, the team is worried Rodgers won't be ready to play in Week 14 -- which apparently was his target return date all along.

And if Rodgers can't play and it appears as though Green Bay is out of the playoff race, NFL.com reports it's possible the Packers will sit down Rodgers for the rest of the season so he can't do any further damage to his collarbone.

And if that's the case, Green Bay would be lucky to win another game this season.

Though Scott Tolzien showed some promise in his first start vs. the Giants in Week 10, he was pulled from his start in Week 12 in favor of the newly-acquired Matt Flynn, who showed some spark for Green Bay in its eventual tie vs. the Vikings.

But in their 40-10 loss to the Lions on Thursday, Flynn went 10 of 20 for 139 yards and an interception and generally looked awful. Just like his entire team since Rodgers went down with his injury.

Odd how they think being 1 or 2 games out of 1st, with 4 games left is 'out of it'. Oh well, would be a fitting end to my season as a Rodgers owner, and a Jordy owner (in 3 leagues). Fock me

No way... with the way Foles has played in relief of Rodgers for me, coupled with Philly's schedule down the stretch, I'm not manning the lifeboats yet.

Vikes win today going a long way to squashing this washerwoman talk... Packers are very much alive in the Norris.

I would NEVER drop him unless the team makes it official by putting him on IR. He's on my bench and I'm rolling with McCown and Foles until he comes back, if ever.

They won't put him on IR til they are mathematically out of it.

So...next week when they get beat again.

:mad:

They won't put him on IR til they are mathematically out of it.

So...next week when they get beat again.

:mad:

Must win game at home in Lambeau against ATL... That may be manageable even for Tolzien/Flynn. Even if Detroit wins as well they are still basically two games back with three left. Of course that is no lock as Lions are in Philly to play a red hot eagles team. Then have Rodgers return in Week 15 against Dallas. If anyone has thrown in the towel it sounds like the GB beat writers...

Must win game at home in Lambeau against ATL... That may be manageable even for Tolzien/Flynn. Even if Detroit wins as well they are still basically two games back with three left. Of course that is no lock as Lions are in Philly to play a red hot eagles team. Then have Rodgers return in Week 15 against Dallas. If anyone has thrown in the towel it sounds like the GB beat writers...

Given the way the defense is playing and how the offense looked....I think there is reason to throw in the towel. They focking suck right now.

Given the way the defense is playing and how the offense looked....I think there is reason to throw in the towel. They focking suck right now.

I'd say Aaron Rodgers was a pretty good equalizer.

The year Romo fractured his clavicle, the media said the same thing. Of course, Romo played again that season. I expect Rogers back as soon as the bone is healed enough to no longer be at risk of future injury.

Didn't Romo fracture his clavicle in 2010? Week 7? And wasn't that the last game he played that season?

Didn't Romo fracture his clavicle in 2010? Week 7? And wasn't that the last game he played that season?

Yes - against the Giants. Season ending injury.

If the Packers sit Rodgers in Week 14 even if he is healthy and cleared, then McCarthy should resign immediately. It would be an incredible douche move to throw in the towel on the season like that.

(Not to mention I have Jordy on my team.)

If the bone is fully healed and he's not at risk of suffering a career ending injury because of it, he'll play. If the bone isn't fully healed, he runs the risk of doing major damage. It's smart for the Pack to be cautious with this. Even if he does return I doubt the Packers make much of a run in the playoffs. Can't see them beating either Carolina or San Francisco....not with that defense. Never mind the Saints or Seahawks.

The team has to be ultra conservative with the franchise. It's the smart thing to do.

You're right. My memory is off as I thought he came back and played one week, but I guess it was just talked that he was coming back and then didn't.

Week 15 would be six weeks since the break, which is the low end for the popular prognosis. Even if the Pack loses in Week 14, and Detroit wins, they are still not mathematically eliminated. I just think it's ignorant for 'experts' to start trolling the 'their season is over they should shelve him' routine. Of course any idiot can make that call, but it simply is not relevant as of yet.

I'd say Aaron Rodgers was a pretty good equalizer.

Regular season sure...playoffs. Doubtful.

Surely you are jesting right? Don't make me bust out the data. Believe me it's nowhere in the ballpark of Peyton's post season miseries...

Anybody remember when the goobers insisted Rodgers was just a system QB because Flynn threw 6 TDs against the Lions in one game? And that's why arguing with retards doesn't work, they beat you with stupid and are long gone by the time even they can't deny their stupidity on something.

Doubtful yes, but not too far off from the situation in 2010. There is plenty of talent on the team if they get guys back from injury and get their *** together on the defensive side.

I don't know if Rodger's could come back after 6 weeks and play at an elite level though - because that is what it would take for them to be competitive.

Surely you are jesting right? Don't make me bust out the data. Believe me it's nowhere in the ballpark of Peyton's post season miseries...

The defense sucks.

Seriously. Im a Packer fan...Id love to hold on to some sort of hope.

But the defense blows.

Having Rodgers and maybe getting Cobb late and in the playoffs if they snuck in would help.

But the Dline is sucking ass right now...they are not helping the LBs out which exposes Hawk for what he is...a good but unspectacular player who can't make plays on his own.

Only Matthews really is great on this D right now.

I think this is much different than 2010. And I will tell you why...Nick Collins and Charles Woodson.

Add in Raji playing better then...add in Tramon playing better then...its just quite a bit of difference defensively.

They have not recovered from losing Nick Collins IMO.

Still not getting how Rotoworld can claim they need to 'win out' as of now. They can actually still drop another game this week and not be mathematically eliminated. Especially if Detroit loses to a red-hot Philly team. Even if Chicago beats Dallas the Pack still get them in Week 17. I am thinking Week 15.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3118/aaron-rodgers

Still not getting how Rotoworld can claim they need to 'win out' as of now. They can actually still drop another game this week and not be mathematically eliminated. Especially if Detroit loses to a red-hot Philly team. Even if Chicago beats Dallas the Pack still get them in Week 17. I am thinking Week 15.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3118/aaron-rodgers

Being mathematically eliminated is different from what is the likely reality though.

Being mathematically eliminated is different from what is the likely reality though.

This is true, but fantasy-wise they won't sit Rodgers until they are mathematically out. This cannot happen until AFTER Week 15, if even then. And I am calling it right now, that the 'reality' is Philly gives Detroit all it can handle next week in their game. If the Pack can miracle a win against a bad Falcons team that's 30th in the league stopping the rush all bets are off. Just can't see how 'experts' are throwing dirt on GB just yet...

At this moment, I think ALL of it depends on medical developments and NONE of it depends on the teams football position. This is obviously not a universally shared opinion.

At this moment, I think ALL of it depends on medical developments and NONE of it depends on the teams football position. This is obviously not a universally shared opinion.

Somewhat agree - if he isn't healthy then he should not play - but if he is ready and the Pack is not eliminated then he has to play. I can't believe all the morons above saying to shut him down now.

There are no guarantees that Green Bay will be in the playoff hunt next year - didn't anyone learn anything from the Nats / Strasberg debacle?

Somewhat agree - if he isn't healthy then he should not play - but if he is ready and the Pack is not eliminated then he has to play. I can't believe all the morons above saying to shut him down now.

There are no guarantees that Green Bay will be in the playoff hunt next year - didn't anyone learn anything from the Nats / Strasberg debacle?

Not really comparable to baseball/Strasberg IMO.

We know how this team is with Rodgers. There is enough talent there on offense with him that they will be in the hunt next year with a healthy Rodgers.

They need more on defense...including getting some guys back healthy there.

I don't think anyone is claiming they should shut him down if he is actually healthy now. I think most are going on the assumption that he is not 100%...and that if they lose this week...they are basically done for all intents and purposes and should then shut him down.