Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Week 14 D/ST s ... whadda ya got

I'm too lazy to rank ten.

I'm streaming defenses and most likely starting the Rams D at Cardinals. Jets Defense at home against the Raiders looks tasty, but thats what I thought about them when the Dolphins came to town.

I've got a week 14 bye... But its tradition that the 2 teams with bye weeks play against eachother in the "BYE WEEK BOWL'. Braggin rights and a little cheese on the line. Neither gets eliminated, just more $ to win or lose.

I've got a week 14 bye... But its tradition that the 2 teams with bye weeks play against eachother in the "BYE WEEK BOWL'. Braggin rights and a little cheese on the line. Neither gets eliminated, just more $ to win or lose.

Good idea. I hate bye weeks. I've got one this week and have great matchups up and down my roster... and nobody to beat. Zippity do da.

I'm not gonna rank 10 either... but I'm getting ready to drop the Bills (I have CIN also) which pains me a little. I think they're both top 5ish D/ST's with their next 3 matchups. Also like the Rams, Cardinals and Ravens this week.

I like the Raiders. Jets offense is horrible and Oakland is actually playing above average.

Houston is sitting on my WW, they have Jacksonville this week, I know Jacksonville is getting better but it beats Car going against a pissed off NO team.

Am I missing something?

Houston is sitting on my WW, they have Jacksonville this week, I know Jacksonville is getting better but it beats Car going against a pissed off NO team.

Am I missing something?

yeah I tried this and Keenum a week ago when they played Jags and it didnt pan out to well.

I'm thinking the raiders vs jets is a good play. Also it's a funny thing, the experts are all saying the Cards vs Rams is a top play...but I see it opposite, I think the Rams D is a good play vs the cards! Honestly AZ is pretty bad and getting really lucky.

I think the Bucs are a sneaky play but its a reach...

This would be a good play. Bucs are fairly stout against the run and when E.J. Is forced to pass... Good things could happen for a D.

I like the Raiders. Jets offense is horrible and Oakland is actually playing above average.

me to

yeah I tried this and Keenum a week ago when they played Jags and it didnt pan out to well.

I have a feeling the Texans run a ton in this game (like last week against the Pats). Should be a better turnout.

got Oakland on waivers last night. now it will be a big decision choosing between them and the chiefs. right now I am going Oakland, the jets are much more likely to screw up than Washington I think. I also can't get past the fact that KC has 2 sacks in their last 5 games...without Houston at LB they are even worse off in that dept. Oakland has proven to capitalize in matchups against poor offenses. I think they are a high end play this week, even on the road.

Well f! Raiders got taken so I have the jets as of now. Not too happy. Someone just dropped Pittsburgh dst who will play Miami. Steelers are doing better.

Jets have done pretty well at home tho, and u gotta think Geno will finally be due for a good game. Ahh!

I think the Bucs are a sneaky play but its a reach...

Genius! In CBS they're the 2nd best DST on the waiver and have had several solid performances! Thinking about dropping the Jets for them!

They're always predicted to do so little, it's weird.

I took the Pats DST on a reach last week in Houston and was burned. However, this week at home against a Cleveland team with no run game to speak of, and likely a no-name quarterback, I'd imagine Belichick will TRY to take away Josh Gordon anyway he can and make them score another way (similar to the way they shut down Jimmy Graham weeks back).

Also too lazy to rank 10... I have AZ in another league that I'm starting confidently. If you're looking for a high risk / reward play, I agree with some of the people above about OAK, TB, even PHI against a Lions team that plays terrible on the road and outside of Ford Field...

I took the Pats DST on a reach last week in Houston and was burned. However, this week at home against a Cleveland team with no run game to speak of, and likely a no-name quarterback, I'd imagine Belichick will TRY to take away Josh Gordon anyway he can and make them score another way (similar to the way they shut down Jimmy Graham weeks back).

Pats are too injury ridden to take away anyone. Andre Johnson lit them up this week with Alib shadowing him.

Pats are too injury ridden to take away anyone. Andre Johnson lit them up this week with Alib shadowing him.

Agree with the injury ridden part. I guess I'm banking on 14-21 points allowed and forcing some turnovers - I'd be happy with 6-9 points.

I'd stay away from the Eagles this week... I have a feeling that one is going to be a shootout.

I have Buffalo for the next couple weeks, but I think I'm going to pick up another for a spot start this week. I don't really like them against TB.

Leaning Oakland right now--Geno has been just awful lately, and the raiders looked halfway decent against a much better cowboys offense.

I think it's a toss-up between the rams and cards. Both should be pretty good plays this week.

I also agree that Houston is a good start. They should be fired up coming off one of their best games of the year and looking for revenge on the Jags.

Jags are moving the ball well. They should keep it up. Don't like Houston.

Debating between Bucs, Jets, and Steelers.

I'm torn between OAK and STL, leaning toward te Raiders cause the Jets' O is dreadful.

Im torn between Cinci and Zona. Both play well on D at home. I'm leaning Cinci. Indy offense has been putrid of late.

You guys like Cinci vs Indy or BMore vs Minn better?

Id say Bmore has the better matchup but Cinci the better D. Indy isn't a bad matchup anymore at all.

Think I'm going back with Steelers! Especially if it's going to rain or snow! Should be a defensive game, plus the Steelers are used to playing in that weather where as Miami is, well, in Miami :D

Really? I thought the last snow game i remember New England did awesome and the other team couldn't do crap. I figured cold weather teams would be better but maybe I'm wrong

It's more about the offense having an advantage in slippery conditions because they know where they are going whereas the defense has to react if that makes sense.

My two debatable DEF matchups this week I've got:

ARI at home vs STL or KC on the road vs WAS.

I'm leaning towards Arizona at the moment.

Another league I've got....

BAL at home vs MIN or KC on the road vs WAS.

BAL's clunker last week resulted in a loss for me so I've got KC penciled in so far. Washington can't protect RGIII but they can put up some points.

Gonna waffle on the 2nd choice the next few days

the chiefs @wash is a tough one i'm thinking more about going with them even over oak @jets. thinking the jets play more conservative and just run it while I can still see Washington doing what they've done all year which is payoff fantasy defenses. kc needs this win badly and their def has a lot to prove after the last 3 really difficult matchups.

Jags are moving the ball well. They should keep it up. Don't like Houston.

Debating between Bucs, Jets, and Steelers.

Hope no one picked the Texans :D

the chiefs @wash is a tough one i'm thinking more about going with them even over oak @jets. thinking the jets play more conservative and just run it while I can still see Washington doing what they've done all year which is payoff fantasy defenses. kc needs this win badly and their def has a lot to prove after the last 3 really difficult matchups.

glad I didn't over think this. CHHIIIIEEEEFFFFSSSS!!!