Sign in to follow this  
qimqam

Many Peyton owners to be eliminated from the playoffs this week

Peyton Manning has been awful when the Temp is under 32 degrees

3 & 7, more Ints than tds and avg just over 200 yds per game.

The temp in Denver Sunday is going to be 16 degrees with a wind chill of 1 and a good chance of snow.

Titans are also a top 3 pass defense.

It was a nice ride ... but it is coming to a chilly end

The temp in Denver Sunday is going to be 16 degrees with a wind chill of 1 and a good chance of snow.

Peyton doesn't play well in the cold... haven't ever heard that notion (insert sarcasm).

While I don't own Peyton in any league & hope you're right cuz I'm facing him in several leagues this week, but I'll be surprised if he throws up a dud this week.

Yes Tennessee is a top pass defense but Peyton isn't just any quarterback. I'm sure he's practicing in the elements this week & I read a report that he's gotten used to the gloves he wears on his throwing hand during cold weather.

Just curious as to what the doubters are predicting for Peyton this week?

Many Peyton owners to be eliminated from the playoffs this week

Even in leagues where the playoffs don't start until next week?

Wow, who knew...

last week when it was obvious I wasn't getting the bye I kept hoping i'd play the peyton team for this reason. his team is peyton and not much else too. here's hoping for something pedestrian at best. I expect a lot of Moreno.

Well, I better bench him since this "Expert" says so I mean look at all creditability this guys has...

I don't think peyton goes like 150 0/2 or something but the titans defense is about the best anyone could hope for facing peyton except for @seattle or something. the super cold is a bonus too. i'll take it for sure. I just don't want to see one of peytons 40 pt specials this week

I posted some thoughts about this in a thread a couple of days ago. The silver lining, however, for Manning is an unbelievable WR/TE corps at his disposal.....and everyone is healthy. A drop-off in production this week due to weather and good pass D is very possible, though.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=429105

Peyton doesn't play well in the cold... haven't ever heard that notion (insert sarcasm).

While I don't own Peyton in any league & hope you're right cuz I'm facing him in several leagues this week, but I'll be surprised if he throws up a dud this week.

Yes Tennessee is a top pass defense but Peyton isn't just any quarterback. I'm sure he's practicing in the elements this week & I read a report that he's gotten used to the gloves he wears on his throwing hand during cold weather.

Just curious as to what the doubters are predicting for Peyton this week?

270 2 tds, 2 ints, and 1 fumble - That's a 12 point day in our league

I could see a 280-2-1 game.

I'm both playing and playing against Manning.

I think I'm gonna lose the game I'm playing against him regardless so I give him my blessing to crush me.

That's fantasy football for you. I no longer see a point to playing it for money. There are far better ways to gamble your money. More skillful too.

Titans cover the spread. That's a lock. Epic fail of a game and it will mirror his playoff meltdown to come.

That's fantasy football for you. I no longer see a point to playing it for money. There are far better ways to gamble your money. More skillful too.

Play blackjack, the odds are definitely in your favor then (insert sarcasm).

I love people that throw this out there and say when the temp is "x and under", in this case 32 degrees. Why is that the cutoff? 33-40 degrees is focking cold too; how is his record in those games. How about 40-43? Also, not warm.

The point is, I could find a stat to back up anything that I want to say. I don't expect Peyton to put up a dud today.

I love people that throw this out there and say when the temp is "x and under", in this case 32 degrees. Why is that the cutoff? 33-40 degrees is focking cold too; how is his record in those games. How about 40-43? Also, not warm.

The point is, I could find a stat to back up anything that I want to say. I don't expect Peyton to put up a dud today.

I'd be happy if he throws a minimum 2 tds

While you have a point, I'm guessing you must not live in a cold climate? There is a TREMENDOUS difference between 20s and 40s.

Hell I wouldn't even call 40 "cold" but I did grow up in Alaska

Ha Ha. Still almost a quarter to play. 35-53, 353 yards, 3 TDs. We're still alive and the owner of Stafford are packing their bags.

1 myth debunked. A month from now he can get the playoff monkey off his back.

He has a ring

HTH

While you have a point, I'm guessing you must not live in a cold climate? There is a TREMENDOUS difference between 20s and 40s.

Hell I wouldn't even call 40 "cold" but I did grow up in Alaska

I live in the northeast (NJ). Not like Alaska, but did get 6 inches of snow and it's currently 20 degrees here. I've dealt with cold, that's for sure.

Still, I think the Peyton cold stuff is overblown.

Unless jeffery scores 55 tomorrow I will have still eliminated the Peyton owner! 40 points though wow doesn't matter the matchup or situation.

I'm hoping Peyton learned his lesson when he pulled back on the throttle playing for the colts. Although not his decision, I don't see Fox doing that. Play every week, no sitting. Win me a championship please.

I was one who felt as though there was a chance that Manning could have a "regular" type of fantasy night (maybe 250/2/1)....for a couple of reasons. He does have a substantial history of putting up pedestrian #'s in cold weather, and Tenn. has been outstanding against the pass this year.

I was wrong. The game didn't play out that way. Tennessee scored a lot of points, and kept Peyton firing away. He was stellar. The strength of his weapons, in combination with his experience and savvy, simply cannot be ignored.