Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Congrats to the refs, err Pats

Refs hand delivered another patriot victory with PI in the end zone. Exciting finish but still a jobbing for the Browns.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the defenseless receiver hit. I'm not even sure he got hit before the feet were down. Gave them the kickoff 15 yards further. Changes everything.

Just my two pennies

• Like 1

Refs hand delivered another patriot victory with PI in the end zone. Exciting finish but still a jobbing for the Browns.

That was alot better call than the picking up the flag vs Carolina.

Guess you didnt actually watch the play today. Ball probably shouldnt have been called in endzone but about the 10 yard line around 4 second mark in the video.

Another better video

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/826471481.gif?1386539218

Yeah Patriots didnt get screwed in Carolina game either i guess

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZaHGV2IgAAsIwv.jpg

PATSSOX . . . here's the problem.

After the Carolina game, there was an argument. Non-Patriots fans stood on either side of the argument, hashing it out. Some Patriots' fans actually even argued for the correct ruling being made.

I'll wait until I see a non-Patriots' fan actually defend this call. Until then, you really don't have the right to compare the two.

And this isn't even discussing the crap grounding call on Campbell (and one that should have been called on Brady). Grief, even the announcers noticed these calls.

Oh, and my wife - diehard Patriots fan - was disappointed that we didn't get to see the most informative angles on the onside kick. Her words, not mine.

After the Carolina game, there was an argument. Non-Patriots fans stood on either side of the argument, hashing it out. Some Patriots' fans actually even argued for the correct ruling being made.

I'll wait until I see a non-Patriots' fan actually defend this call. Until then, you really don't have the right to compare the two.

And this isn't even discussing the crap grounding call on Campbell (and one that should have been called on Brady). Grief, even the announcers noticed these calls.

I didnt get to watch the game just what saw on Red Zone.

Did i like the call today? Why hell yes

Should it have been called? Probably not in that situation

Was it interference? Yes you cant grab inside the WRs pads and pull him backward.

Just read article on Boston Radio station WEEI that yesterdays crew was the same crew that called the "PUSH" penalty in the Jets game earlier this year. What do people say?...............everything evens out over time :huh:

Just read article on Boston Radio station WEEI that yesterdays crew was the same crew that called the "PUSH" penalty in the Jets game earlier this year. What do people say?...............everything evens out over time :huh:

Wow, you really are blinded with those glasses on, aren't you? I get that they're your team, but you're not even being rational. And if Dennis and Callahan are your support . . . there's enough said.

Refs hand delivered another patriot victory

if there is no flag on that play the game is over? The awesome Cleveland Stains defense are 100% sure to keep them from the end zone? Right?

if there is no flag on that play the game is over? The awesome Cleveland Stains defense are 100% sure to keep them from the end zone? Right?

Just thinking maybe it's 100% more difficult to score from the 35 than from the 1 . . . and that against a stunned defense.

Just thinking maybe it's 100% more difficult to score from the 35 than from the 1 . . . and that against a stunned defense.

Sure it is, but stop acting like a non-call there is the end of the game, it isn't.

I do realize it was a terrible call (pats fan), but the game was not over by a long shot if there was no PI call there.

Bad call, but Pats have lost a couple games on bad calls this year so it's pretty ludicrous to suggest this was the result of some pro-Patriots conspiracy

Bad call, but Pats have lost a couple games on bad calls this year so it's pretty ludicrous to suggest this was the result of some pro-Patriots conspiracy

The debate regarding the "questionable" calls notwithstanding, I'm sure that the Browns will feel assuaged knowing that the Patriots are simply being "balanced out."

BRING BACK REPLACEMENT REFS!!

And I won't subscribe to the conspiracy idea of the NFL, but I am more convinced that the Patriots are one of the luckiest franchises around, and believe the 10-3 record is an absolute ruse.

And I won't subscribe to the conspiracy idea of the NFL, but I am more convinced that the Patriots are one of the luckiest franchises around, and believe the 10-3 record is an absolute ruse.

I'm sure the 1976 Patriots would not agree with you.

Wow, you really are blinded with those glasses on, aren't you? I get that they're your team, but you're not even being rational. And if Dennis and Callahan are your support . . . there's enough said.

Yeah im blinded by glasses because i pointed out that yesterdays crew was the same crew from the Carolina game. Explain to me what is irrational about that please? Or is because i quoted an old saying that everything evens out over time?

Do you think that the interference/not interference call was good and the call yesterday was bad? Or is it thought Carolina was bad and yesterdays was bad? Either way you look at it you could still say things even out over time.

The debate regarding the "questionable" calls notwithstanding, I'm sure that the Browns will feel assuaged knowing that the Patriots are simply being "balanced out."

Thought of something else you must hate. In baseball a guy hits a seed and left fielder lays out for the catch. Next AB he gets sawed off breaks his bat and gets a seeing eye single.

hmhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm what is the saying for that i dont remember???

Yeah im blinded by glasses because i pointed out that yesterdays crew was the same crew from the Carolina game. Explain to me what is irrational about that please? Or is because i quoted an old saying that everything evens out over time?

Do you think that the interference/not interference call was good and the call yesterday was bad? Or is it thought Carolina was bad and yesterdays was bad? Either way you look at it you could still say things even out over time.

As I said in another thread . . . after the Carolina game, there were people who landed on either side of the argument about whether or not the refs ultimately called it the right way. The argument was on the presentation and PR. But there was debate about whether or not the non-call was good or bad, and that was non-Patriot fans. I am still waiting for the non-Patriot fan to side with your assessment. Just one. ANY one. The call was completely atrocious, and even the announcers called it out, and they general do everything in their power to rationalize the refs' decision.

Evens out? That's a platitude designed to ignore the call at hand. Or do you have the same explanation for the Browns? When will it "even out" for them? Or is this karma for their success in the 50s? Perhaps that was ill-gotten and chancy. C'mon. Accept the gift, but stop trying to justify it and make it sound "deserved" or something. It's ludicrous.

Thought of something else you must hate. In baseball a guy hits a seed and left fielder lays out for the catch. Next AB he gets sawed off breaks his bat and gets a seeing eye single.

hmhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm what is the saying for that i dont remember???

. . .

There aren't words . . .

That's not what I was saying.

You're right that the Patriots aren't that great for being a 10-3 team, but that has a lot more to do with scheduling and luck than any massive officiating conspiracy :lol:

As I said in another thread . . . after the Carolina game, there were people who landed on either side of the argument about whether or not the refs ultimately called it the right way. The argument was on the presentation and PR. But there was debate about whether or not the non-call was good or bad, and that was non-Patriot fans. I am still waiting for the non-Patriot fan to side with your assessment. Just one. ANY one. The call was completely atrocious, and even the announcers called it out, and they general do everything in their power to rationalize the refs' decision.

Evens out? That's a platitude designed to ignore the call at hand. Or do you have the same explanation for the Browns? When will it "even out" for them? Or is this karma for their success in the 50s? Perhaps that was ill-gotten and chancy. C'mon. Accept the gift, but stop trying to justify it and make it sound "deserved" or something. It's ludicrous.

You do realize that it is just a saying right? :dunno: You know there is no Santa Claus?

In the video replays around the 10 yard line does the Cleveland player grab the WR on back collar around the shoulder pads? Yes he does and turns the WR. I said earlier they should not have called that in that situation.

Here is a little better quality video.

It is a ruse - but then again, everything they have accomplished has ruse-like qualities about it. Spygate, tuck rules, Troy brown stripping Chargers DB, several calls or non-calls, Rams WR mugging, etc, etc, etc. Plus, they play in the most chicken-sh!t division ever and have it sown up by week 8 every freegin year.

Has NE ever actually, truly beaten anyone or won anything withOUT some type of controversey or cheese? Im having trouble remembering..... :music_guitarred:

:cry:

:thumbsup:

During the game it probably went something like this. The Pats were losing and coach Belichick had to do something so he pulled out his flip phone and dialed a man eating spaghetti answered and Bill said "we are losing to the Browns, do something ! Kapeesh !" Then a certain ref got the call and game over !

As a Browns' fan, I think the call was bs. However, as a Browns' fan I knew as soon as they scored the td with about 2 minutes left this game wasn't going to end well. The Patriots drove like 80 yards in under a minute. Then CBS had to put up the stat that the Patriots hadn't recovered an onsides kick since 1995 against who else, but the Browns.

It's just a normal Sunday for us Browns' fans. I knew, penalty or no penalty that New England was going to win the game. In the grand scheme of things this loss could push the Browns up the draft board for the qb of the future that they need, and whether the Pats got a win or not, they aren't going anywhere now that Gronk has been taken out.

As a Browns' fan, I think the call was bs. However, as a Browns' fan I knew as soon as they scored the td with about 2 minutes left this game wasn't going to end well. The Patriots drove like 80 yards in under a minute. Then CBS had to put up the stat that the Patriots hadn't recovered an onsides kick since 1995 against who else, but the Browns.

It's just a normal Sunday for us Browns' fans. I knew, penalty or no penalty that New England was going to win the game. In the grand scheme of things this loss could push the Browns up the draft board for the qb of the future that they need, and whether the Pats got a win or not, they aren't going anywhere now that Gronk has been taken out.

Wow, you're a d1ck :thumbsdown:

How am I a ? Do you not remember the first 6 games or so of the year when the Pats didn't have Gronk? There offense was terrible. Without Gronk they have very few passing weapons (with the exception of Vereen now that he is back). I'm not saying I'm glad he got injured, I am just stating that there is no way they win the afc with him out of the lineup.

How am I a ######? Do you not remember the first 6 games or so of the year when the Pats didn't have Gronk? There offense was terrible. Without Gronk they have very few passing weapons (with the exception of Vereen now that he is back). I'm not saying I'm glad he got injured, I am just stating that there is no way they win the afc with him out of the lineup.

Well it sure sounded like you were glad, like "well yeah we lost but at least the Pats are effed without Gronk." Did I read that wrong?

Well it sure sounded like you were glad, like "well yeah we lost but at least the Pats are effed without Gronk." Did I read that wrong?

All I was saying was that the Browns didn't lose that much by losing and the Patriots didn't gain much by winning in the grand scheme of things. My main point was that the pass interference call wasn't the end all be all play that many are making it out to be. The Browns probably would have lost either way, based on the way there defense was playing at the time.

All I was saying was that the Browns didn't lose that much by losing and the Patriots didn't gain much by winning in the grand scheme of things. My main point was that the pass interference call wasn't the end all be all play that many are making it out to be. The Browns probably would have lost either way, based on the way there defense was playing at the time.

What's that got to do with Gronk?

I don't think there was enough contact in the end zone to warrant a flag. The defender never looks for the ball and comes very close to grabbing the receiver. Still, not enough for a flag. However, the arm on the defender starting just outside the ten yard line is enough to slow the receiver and perhaps prevent the completion. Not sure if the ball is in the air at that point but there should have been PI around the ten, or illegal contact or even holding.

I wouldn't use this play as the poster boy for phantom pass interference.

There should be an unwritten rule that PI needs to be flagrant or it shouldnt be called. Yes I know if there are loopholes, players will exploit them, but the precedent needs to be set. 2 guys running at full speed are going to touch, thats unavoidable.

There should be an unwritten rule that PI needs to be flagrant or it shouldnt be called. Yes I know if there are loopholes, players will exploit them, but the precedent needs to be set. 2 guys running at full speed are going to touch, thats unavoidable.

But it wasn't two guys at full speed making incidental contact. The defender extends his arm and disrupts the pattern. The receiver is just a step late on a timing play.

The defender, in this case, does nothing positive. As stated, the contact begins outside the ten and his "grab" at the receiver apparently convinces the ref. As stated, I don't think he made much/any contract in the end zone but the ref only gets one look at it.

I don't think there was enough contact in the end zone to warrant a flag. The defender never looks for the ball and comes very close to grabbing the receiver. Still, not enough for a flag. However, the arm on the defender starting just outside the ten yard line is enough to slow the receiver and perhaps prevent the completion. Not sure if the ball is in the air at that point but there should have been PI around the ten, or illegal contact or even holding.

I wouldn't use this play as the poster boy for phantom pass interference.

The ball was definitely in the air at the time of the hold, which occurred right around the ten.

glad to see a Browns fan seeing it this way too.

As a Pats fan, I agree 100%.

The call was pretty weak - but NE had all the momentum at that point and went ahead with over 30 seconds still to go! With or without the call, there was still a lot of time on the clock and it really felt like NE would go ahead one way or the other.

The Pats played like sh!at the whole game... and maybe that had to do with CLE's Def Coord. Ray Horton? He's the same guy that gave NE trouble when he was with ARI?

And I didn't take your Gronk comment as if you meant or wanted it- -so no problem there. You are probably right, they're not going anywhere - but I still hesitate to count them out. The could still end up in the AFC Champ. Game vs. Den. but without Gronk, they are just not on DEN or SEA's level.

The ball was definitely in the air at the time of the hold, which occurred right around the ten.

I've heard you post about this a few time parrot - I don't disagree that there was contact, nor do I disagree that the DB was beat. But you have to swallow the whistle there IMO. To me, the rules should change a bit at the end of the game and in overtime - let the players play unless it is flagrant and obvious. So, to me, you can call that PI in the second qtr and it's shaky but not horrible. You can't do it with the game on the line - let the players play and decide the game themselves.

If the ref's are going to screw up a call, expect it to go NE's way 99.9% of the time, not sure why but that is the standard. Although this year you have to see that karma has been making a come around on them just a bit.