Sign in to follow this  
Shakey210

The Official "I faced Jamaal Charles and won" thread

I sure the hell didn't... But some of you guys had to right? 51 points is effing ridiculous and couldn't have come at a better time for owners.

i so love jamaal charles!! he made up for knowshon moreno and russell wilson's weak performance.

i won my playoff game!! on to the semi-finals!!! :clap:

and to add insult to injury, i have calvin johnson playing tomorrow......if he plays. :unsure:

Dont believe youll get many responses in standard leagues, he scored higher than QBs.

Some silly leagues maybe.

the combination of eddie lacy, nick foles and dan focking bailey took down the guy with desean Jackson, Jamaal Charles, peyton manning, and alshon jefferey...

thank god he started knowson over zac stacy

I know... who cares :banana:

I lost and have him. Thank dem. Thomas, woodhead, Hartley, Cameron, and rivers...can't believe I am losing with 5tds from jc...

I have Jamaal and I will likely lose. I am up by 2.3 points and my opponent has Torrey Smith on Monday night. My problem was that my opponent was an Aaron Rodgers owner who was forced to start Alex Smith due to injury. Thus, on each of Jamaal's receiving TDs, my opponent got four points plus a ton of yards. In my league Jamaal only outscored Smith by 20 points and my opponent made it up with the rest of his team.

Lost by 30 because this dropped 51 on me. What a joke. But gotta love fantasy right? Pfff.

Monday night will tell for sure, but right now there's a good chance that I'll beat out the Charles owner thanks to Foles, Stacey and Antonio Brown. I'm going into Monday night with a 27 point lead, and he's still got Bush and Detroit D. I'm hoping for another Bush scratch during warmups, and a big game by Baltimore. He's had some poor performance from Josh Brown (0), Andre Johnson (1.8) and Jimmy Graham (2.5). There's still hope!

I had Charles who got me 53 but I'm only up with 2 points with Akers vs Megatron in a standard league

Should be up 8 points but for some stupid reason our league doesn't reward individual players for returning kicks or punts for a TD. Antonio Brown's punt return TD doesn't count. Anyone else's leagues not reward the individual player for a special teams TD?

I haven't won yet, but I'm up 20 going into Monday and he's got Stafford and I have Calvin. Gonna be mighty hard for Stafford to outpoint Calvin by 20.

Two defenses were big for me. I started Seattle and got 39 pts. Opponent started Philly and lost 15.

I faced Charles AND Alex Smith and should stiil win.

We are tied going into tonight. He's tapped out and I have Tucker as my kicker. I need one point.

His other QB Ben R did little last night, and Decker and Bowe sucked.

I got points back with Stacey, who actually was not too far off Charles, Romo and Cutler were big at QB and L Bell and Garcon had good days.

I had Charles who got me 53 but I'm only up with 2 points with Akers vs Megatron in a standard league

Should be up 8 points but for some stupid reason our league doesn't reward individual players for returning kicks or punts for a TD. Antonio Brown's punt return TD doesn't count. Anyone else's leagues not reward the individual player for a special teams TD?

That's just plain ignorant. Not only do our players get the TD, but also 1pt/15 yards return. We like the dynamic it adds.

Charles is carrying me. The Chiefs D also. Up 36 with only a DST and Kicker left for the other guy = pretty sure I'm safe.

That's the dumbest rule ever, if your guy scores a TD then you should get a TD. Who the hell came up with that rule? I'm okay with not counting return yards but a TD definitely needs to count.

I'm close to pulling this out. Thanks to the team I'm playing against basically getting close to null points from Graham, Cooper and White.

Obviously, in keeping with most here, I started Foles, Lacy, Seattle D, and surprisingly getting a nice number from Kendall Wright since I had to bench Welker.

That's the dumbest rule ever, if your guy scores a TD then you should get a TD. Who the hell came up with that rule? I'm okay with not counting return yards but a TD definitely needs to count.

Do you also give the TD to the D/ST as well? Seems even dumber that my opponent could have the Steelers DST along with Brown and get 12 points on that play.

Or does the D/ST only get awarded 6 points if a defensive player makes the return? Or do you just not award TDs to DSTs in general?

Not saying either way is better than the other, just interested to see how other league rules work in regards to this.

I Just lost with Jamaal Charles. 174.1 for him and 173.3 for me. FOCK

He also started Tamme with 1.9 points, Vereen with 5.3 and Matt Ryan with a low qb total for our league.

Bush, Lynch, Dez, Keenan Allen, and Edelman did just enough to beat me...

That's it for my year.

4 out of 4 leagues in the playoffs. 2 #2 seeds for me and I'm out.

Fock and fock

Jamaal Charles and Peyton Manning and I'm out

Monday night will tell for sure, but right now there's a good chance that I'll beat out the Charles owner thanks to Foles, Stacey and Antonio Brown. I'm going into Monday night with a 27 point lead, and he's still got Bush and Detroit D. I'm hoping for another Bush scratch during warmups, and a big game by Baltimore. He's had some poor performance from Josh Brown (0), Andre Johnson (1.8) and Jimmy Graham (2.5). There's still hope!

Woohoo! Pulled it off with a 7 point margin! Phew! On to the trophy game we go! :pointstosky:

Guy in my league had Charles and a big lead heading into MNF. Unfortunately for him he ended up losing to an owner who had Justin Tucker. They both blew up this past week.

Good luck!

Thanks. This is a 2 week championship and this is the first game. Our totals from week 15 and 16 will be added together. So I face J. Charles again next week. Thanks to Justin Tucker, DeSean Jackson, Lacy, Murray and several others I'm up 286.5 to 274. It's my 2nd year in the league and I won it all last year. The guy I'm playing won 3 straight championships before I joined.

Lost by 3 points due to this stupid rule. I'm not one to complain about much but I got completely jobbed by this. 11-2 regular season record down the tubes because my player scored a TD but wasn't credited for it.

I faced Charles and won, thanks to a horror show performance from Stafford and Burelson. The Bears won, the Lions lost and I squeaked out a victory despite facing JC.

Our league awards the team defense the points for a special teams touchdown, but also awards the individual player on special teams the TD as well.

Our league awards the team defense the points for a special teams touchdown, but also awards the individual player on special teams the TD as well.

^^^This is how it's been done in every league I've ever played in for the past 17 year's. I posted on the message board asking for an explanation from the commish regarding the way it's set up. Curious if it was a screw up when he made the league settings. If not, why it doesn't reward the individual player 6 points for the TD.

I lost 138-141 but Antonio Brown's punt return TD would make it a 144-141 win for me.

I've never been one to complain about much but there is $1000 in the pot & this is a horrible way to lose.

^^^This is how it's been done in every league I've ever played in for the past 17 year's. I posted on the message board asking for an explanation from the commish regarding the way it's set up. Curious if it was a screw up when he made the league settings. If not, why it doesn't reward the individual player 6 points for the TD.

I lost 138-141 but Antonio Brown's punt return TD would make it a 144-141 win for me.

I've never been one to complain about much but there is $1000 in the pot & this is a horrible way to lose.

That's too bad and all, but there is no way a commish should change the rules on the final result of a playoff game, even if the rule is stupid or he overlooked putting it in. This is something you would have to propose to change in your league rules next year.

This I don't like. I think it should be one or the other, not both. We reward the individual player (yards + score), but we don't use special teams results.