Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Sitting Brees for ________!

Brees has stunk it up on the road, now plays @Carolina, not a good matchup. Thinking of starting either Cousins vs Dallas or Cutler vs Philly! Never would have crossed my mind a couple weeks ago I may sit Brees in the Super Bowl! lol

I have to decide this also, i could start:

Tannehill

Dalton

Cousins

4 QBS and i have to pick one, I have used Brees every week this season except bye @#^%@A^#%@&A#%A

wtf, u didnt draft him in round 1 or 2 to sit him during playoffs

Some use this approach, others think outside the box...could be a bad move. I know I have lost a couple games when Brees played horrible, he does have bad games once in a while. If he has been lights out on the road, I wouldn't hesitate to start him, but geez, only garbage time points saved him from bad day, and that was at St Louis, in a dome!

Some use this approach, others think outside the box...could be a bad move. I know I have lost a couple games when Brees played horrible, he does have bad games once in a while. If he has been lights out on the road, I wouldn't hesitate to start him, but geez, only garbage time points saved him from bad day, and that was at St Louis, in a dome!

With Sproles struggling, this hasn't helped Brees much either, especially on the road. Those dump offs used to turn into a lot of yards and td's for Brees.

Would u guys start Alex smith over brees

Yeah, he was horrible against them a couple of weeks ago.

No brainer...Brees

That was in N.O., Carolina will remember that outing! :)

Those that don't have Brees and don't realize how much he sucks on the road will of course say to start Brees.

That was in N.O., Carolina will remember that outing! :)

Those that don't have Brees and don't realize how much he sucks on the road will of course say to start Brees.

Listen, I understand the options that tempt nervous owners each week of the fantasy season, includingg the Championship game. I also know, regardless of matchup, unless you own Peyton (or maybe Foles)........Brees starts.

This/ 4 TD's suck when it counts the most. Some of you are really dumb! I played Battleship with girls in the sixth grade that sunk more than you.

Bree's has never had back to back dud games under Peyton. Win and were in. Played them two weeks ago. Next game is at home with no pressure and a locked up second round bye.

Sit Bree's and lose. And let your opponent say "B 9......you sunk your stoopid ass!!!!"

This/ 4 TD's suck when it counts the most. Some of you are really dumb! I played Battleship with girls in the sixth grade that sunk more than you.

Bree's has never had back to back dud games under Peyton. Win and were in. Played them two weeks ago. Next game is at home with no pressure and a locked up second round bye.

Sit Bree's and lose. And let your opponent say "B 9......you sunk your stoopid ass!!!!"

This!

I'm benching him, but I have Foles, who's the number one fantasy QB since he took over in week 6. Brees hasn't thrown for more than 2 TD's in any of his 7 road games this year. I'll pass.

Gotta love those robotic GM's..."I have Drew Brees, therefore I must play him"! (in my best robotic voice).

I know it's tough call but I think Cousins has a easy game vs Dallas!

Cutler. I was waiting to see what last week looked like. Brees on the road and OK game at best. Cutler returns to pretty good form by the 2nd half. I think Cutler has a better matchup, better WR's and more upside that Brees this week.

In 5 outdoor road games Brees has averaged 18.4 pts. per game based on our league's scoring.I have the same dilemma here only my other choices are Luck @ KC or Tannehill @ Bills.Rotoworld is calling the Tannehill match-up "tasty" and his numbers over the last month have risen each week.

That said I'm still leaning towards Brees as other than the bye week he's the one who helped get me to the dance and in a must win division game can only hope Bunny is right.

Doesn't it feel like this is one of those threads that has the potential to live in infamy?

Doesn't it feel like this is one of those threads that has the potential to live in infamy?

There was a similar thread before the Seattle game. A lot of the same sentiments. "Never bench your studs", "Rode with Brees all year, not benching him now"....stuff like that. A lot of teams were eliminated that game because of Brees' 147 yards and one TD.

In 5 outdoor road games Brees has averaged 18.4 pts. per game based on our league's scoring.I have the same dilemma here only my other choices are Luck @ KC or Tannehill @ Bills.Rotoworld is calling the Tannehill match-up "tasty" and his numbers over the last month have risen each week.

That said I'm still leaning towards Brees as other than the bye week he's the one who helped get me to the dance and in a must win division game can only hope Bunny is right.

The weather is projected to be in the 70's with a 30% chance of rain. So weather won't be a factor. We threw the ball all over them two weeks ago. There isn't much to our running game. Especially in the red zone. The Saints run the screen pass better than anybody. The Panthers CB's and Safetys suck panther balls. I wish I had Brees going into Super Bowl week. I'm stuck with Romo.

The weather is projected to be in the 70's with a 30% chance of rain. So weather won't be a factor. We threw the ball all over them two weeks ago. There isn't much to our running game. Especially in the red zone. The Saints run the screen pass better than anybody. The Panthers CB's and Safetys suck panther balls. I wish I had Brees going into Super Bowl week. I'm stuck with Romo.

You're in good shape. Romo is going to out produce Brees.

You're in good shape. Romo is going to out produce Brees.

Perhaps.....but I just envision a scenario, after last weeks debacle, where Dallas plays it safe and runs until they can't run anymore.

There was a similar thread before the Seattle game. A lot of the same sentiments. "Never bench your studs", "Rode with Brees all year, not benching him now"....stuff like that. A lot of teams were eliminated that game because of Brees' 147 yards and one TD.

Yeah but how bad would you be kicking yourself if you bench Brees, he has a good game, and you took some risk starting a lower tier QB that you scooped off the WW or drafted late?

Saints are fighting for a playoff spot, Brees had a bad game and he knows it, he'll likely be looking to redeem himself despite the tough matchup against a division opponent.

I'd have a tough time benching him, even with the less than favorable conditions...

Bottomline: Play your gut. I am not faulting anyone for thinking outside the box....I do it all the time. It is what makes ff fun and, sometimes, incredibly rewarding. Brees could falter, to be sure (see P. Manning, week 15).

However, with that being said, and even though I am a gambler, I would not dream of sitting Brees in the championship game.....even if he was playing the 85 Bears. He is one of the best to ever play the game. Particularly against a team that he torched for 313/4/0 two weeks ago.

I'd have a tough time benching him, even with the less than favorable conditions...

I've snuck through the last three weeks with Brees. Other options are Cutler and Alex Smith. Even after Drew's bad game I have a really tough time considering benching him for either of my two options.

Yeah but how bad would you be kicking yourself if you bench Brees, he has a good game, and you took some risk starting a lower tier QB that you scooped off the WW or drafted late?

Saints are fighting for a playoff spot, Brees had a bad game and he knows it, he'll likely be looking to redeem himself despite the tough matchup against a division opponent.

Well, to be clear, I certainly wouldn't bench Brees to gamble on a free agent flier. But I would bench him for guys like Foles, Cutler, Romo, etc.

Well, to be clear, I certainly wouldn't bench Brees to gamble on a free agent flier. But I would bench him for guys like Foles, Cutler, Romo, etc.

Foles is the only QB out of that bunch I'd bench Brees for.

I just noticed that this site has Cutler and Cousins ranked higher than Brees this week, not that FFToday is be all end all, but at least I'm not crazy for even thinking about it! :)

Foles is the only QB out of that bunch I'd bench Brees for.

This... Maybe.

I love the "etc" at the end as if there are several other QBs one should start ahead of Brees. Unbelievable. If you have Drew Brees, you start Drew Brees.