Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Championship Week - Weather Concerns?

Since it wouldn't be the Fantasy Super Bowl without intense over-analyzing! (Forecasts courtesy of Weather Underground)

Miami at Buffalo - 49 F, 8 mph wind, 99% chance of rain.

Minnesota at Cincinnati - 56 F, 14 mph wind, 54% chance of rain.

Indianapolis at Kansas City - 25 F, 11 mph wind

Cleveland at New York Jets - 67 F, 11 mph wind, 33% chance of rain.

Dallas at Washington - 70 F, 15 mph wind, 55% chance of thunderstorms.

New Orleans at Carolina - 71 F, 13 mph wind, 90% chance of thunderstorms.

Arizona at Seattle - 49 F, 10 mph wind, 59% chance of rain.

Pittsburgh at Green Bay - 23 F, 12 mph wind, 100% chance of snow.

New England at Baltimore - 69 F, 13 mph wind, 55% chance of thunderstorms.

Chicago at Philadelphia - 63 F, 8 mph wind, 75% chance of rain.

Clear weather/dome games:

Tennessee at Jacksonville, New York Giants at Detroit, Denver at Houston, Tampa Bay at St. Louis, Oakland at San Diego, Atlanta at San Francisco

So far, the worst conditions appear to be in Green Bay and Carolina. Plenty of wet football across the board. What games/conditions are making you nervous heading into the grand finale?

8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow for kc I believe. Could be a cold...and RB filled game between Chiefs and Colts

Philly: Showers and thundershowers in the evening, then overcast overnight with occasional rain. Low 57F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch

Wash: A few showers in the morning then thundershowers in the afternoon. Near record high temperatures. High 73F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Carolina: Showers in the morning, then heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some storms will contain heavy rainfall. A few storms may be severe. High 73F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Green Bay: Snow during the morning will transition to snow showers during the afternoon. High 24F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

All my QB options are not good, but least one opponent has Flynn and the other has Newton, so we're all in the same boat, as I have Brees/Cutler/Cousins in both. Going to be a tough choice...

Adding Cincy: Windy with a few showers in the morning then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High near 60F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Wind is usually a much bigger concern when it comes to the passing game than rain or snow- as long as we're not talking about a sustained heavy downpour or whiteout. Sloppy conditions can even favor the offense sometimes.

• Like 1

Wind is usually a much bigger concern when it comes to the passing game than rain or snow- as long as we're not talking about a sustained heavy downpour or whiteout. Sloppy conditions can even favor the offense sometimes.

It looks like the winds may die down some in Philly by the time Sunday Night rolls around as the storm moves on...Cutler, Foles, DeSean, Marshall and Jeffrey should be fine.

Yeah I hear that. Teams sometimes go more conservative and run the ball-short pass more which limits opposing d chances.

With the way NO owned Carolina in the dome I'm kinda hoping for anything to mix it up though.

Carolina weather is worrying me the worst.

That line of storms, while a bit weakened...was pretty nasty rolling through here last night.

The winds have died down from where they were when it was through here...but it had a ton of rain with it too.

ITs between Cam in bad weather and Cutler in less bad weather.

8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow for kc I believe. Could be a cold...and RB filled game between Chiefs and Colts

Weather.com only showing a 20% chance during game time. I'd imagine they'd be able to clean up most of what was already there beforehand no?

Weather.com only showing a 20% chance during game time. I'd imagine they'd be able to clean up most of what was already there beforehand no?

I am going to be forced to start Alex smith over cousins due to the weather in Washington- I really hope this is true.

I am going to be forced to start Alex smith over cousins due to the weather in Washington- I really hope this is true.

Ouch, I would probably still roll Cousins over Smith.

Had to bench Cousin and Foles due to the weather. Went with Kaep instead.

Just in at Rotoworld

Weather.com projects no rain in the Charlotte forecast for Sunday's Saints-Panthers game.

There is a 100 percent chance of rain in Charlotte today, but it's not expected to start until 4PM ET at the earliest, and the Saints and Panthers play at 1PM ET. Weather shouldn't be much of a factor in the game. The temperature will be in the 70s. Winds are expected at 16-17 MPH.

Just in at Rotoworld

Weather.com projects no rain in the Charlotte forecast for Sunday's Saints-Panthers game.

There is a 100 percent chance of rain in Charlotte today, but it's not expected to start until 4PM ET at the earliest, and the Saints and Panthers play at 1PM ET. Weather shouldn't be much of a factor in the game. The temperature will be in the 70s. Winds are expected at 16-17 MPH.

Looks similar in Washington, no rain and winds around 17mph at game time. And Philly shows a 50% chance of rain and winds only 8mph. Cutler/Foles/Cousins/Romo not looking too bad at this point.

Just in at Rotoworld

I might get saved! :doublethumbsup:

I have the weather app on my phone and it's saying it's raining in DC right now. I guess we have 2 hours to see!!

From Rotoworld:

Sunday's Cowboys-Redskins game at FedEx Field is expected to be played in the rain.

Temperatures are expected to be in the low 70s with winds whipping around at 14-17 MPH, per Weather.com. There's a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms in mid-afternoon. NFL Network's Kimberly Jones, who is on scene in Landover, reports it's currently raining and is expected to rain even harder at game time.

Weather is definitely working against me today. One opponent has Lacy, who will be worked like mad in the snow, and now I might not be able to use Cousins because of the rain and wind in DC (forcing me to choose between Alex Smith and Jason Campbell).

, I don't know if I should play Garcon or not...anyone else in this bind? I have Decker on the bench, I could start him....but he's so damn inconsistent!

I had to replace my kicker... going with seabass in the wonderful sunny weather of cali... I could see SD jumping out to an early lead and seabass putting up a crowd please 2 XPs... but I can't risk this cowboys game in the rain and wind...