Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

What's the best team you've ever had? This year and all time.

One of my squads this year was the best fantasy team I've ever managed. Ever. In any type of situation in I don't know how many years.

It got me around to thinking about what others best squad this year or all time might be.

If you drafted, dynastied, auctioned or auto drafted an all star squad share it up. If you remember an all time squad with Culpepper and Moss or Emmitt and Rice share it up.

Mullmaniacs- 6 td passing, .5 ppr league 12 teams

QB-Foles

RB-McCoy

RB-Murray

WR-Marshall

WR-DJax

WR-Floyd

Flex-Moreno

TE-Pitta

D-Carolina

K-Dawson

B: Vereen, Amendola, Ball, Clay, Luck

Any team I had with Marshall Faulk and or Priest Homes (before his neck caved in).

Dynasty:

Romo

AD

Charles

Foster

Wayne

Maclin (Floyd, Patterson, Cooper)

Witten

Won the title for 2012. Unfortunately, I'm in the same division with a team having:

Rodgers (Cutler)

Bush

McCoy

Matthews (MJD)

Megatron

Jeffery (Harvin, Wallace)

Gronk (Olsen)

He went undefeated in 2011, and shattered our record for most points.

i give all my glory to Father God Amen

I had Marshall Faulk and Tomlinson, in 2001, 2002. After a few years the league was changed to redraft instead of 2 keepers.

This year

Stafford

Bush

Spiller

Brown

Megatron

D Thomas

Gates

Carolina

Kicker matchup

Lost in the first round, darn blizzard in Philthy.

Drafted Emmitt in first round and Favre in the third round in 1995... I can't remember anyone else on my team but those two had exceptional stats that year.

Emmitt 25 TDs (maybe a record at the time) and Favre threw 38 TDs... not a record but VERY high production for that period.

2003 12 team league start 8 players

QB Matt Hasselbeck

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

RB Clinton Portis

WR Terrell Owens

WR Torry Holt

WR Chad Johnson

K. Jason Elam

D Tennessee Titans

I kicked some serious ass that year!!

In 2011 in a 12 team redraft my first 8 draft picks were Calvin Johnson(1600 yds 16 TD), LeSean McCoy(1600/20), Ahmad Bradshaw (900/11), Wes Welker(1500/9) Dez Bryant (900/9) Matt Stafford (5000/41) Reggie Bush (1330/8) and Percy Harvin (1200/8)

And then i got a rookie WR in the 18th round named AJ Green (1000/7)

13-1, league champion.

• Like 1

Any team I had with Marshall Faulk and or Priest Homes (before his neck caved in).

My best team had Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes and LT as well as McNabb.

LT + the priest were acquired on the cheap before they busted out big time. McNabb and Faulk were high picks.

those guys were the cornerstone of a decade of domination in my keeper league..... ah, I miss those days.

I believe it was 1995 season and Emmitt set the record for TDS. I went thru the league and playoffs undefeated

Qb - Moon - had 33 or 34 tds with Minnesota

Rb - Emmitt - 25 tds

Rb - Rhett - 12 tds

Wr - Chris Carter - I think 12 tds

Wr - Isaac Bruce - around 12 tds

Te- Jay Novachek - arounf 7 or 8 tds

Can recall the kicker or def.

2004, Coming off back to back Championships. Drafted the the #2 and #3 RBs in Barber and Tomlinson, the #2 and #5 WRs in Walker and Harrison, the #1 TE in Gates, and the #6 QB in Plummer. Also had the #8 RB in Rudi Johnson during the stud RB era.

Back in the days of exit 42 I had a keeper league roster that had these guys. I won 3 years in a row.

Culpepper

Faulk

Terrel Davis

sharpe

stover

Bears d

My rookie year, 1998. For a little background, we had 14 teams and had mandatory 3 RB + 4 WR/TE in our lineups:

My starting RBs were Terrell Davis (2000+ rushing yards), Marshall Faulk in his last year at Indy (2000+ combined yards), and Jamal Anderson (1800 or so Rushing yards). Because we had 14 teams, 42 RB had to be started every week. Even during weeks with no teams on bye, guys would have to start backups, 3rd down backs, and fullbacks to complete their rosters. Many weeks, my 3 RBs scored more for me than my opponent's entire starting roster. Davis was my first round pick, and that year was the big breakout year for both Faulk and Anderson which allowed me to draft them in rounds 2 and 3.

Then, I drafted Marvin Harrison in his second year and Peyton's rookie year, so he hadn't broken out yet. He did very well for me. I drafted Mushin Muhammed, and it turned out to be his first decent year. And, I took a 7th round flyer on a rookie WR, Randy Moss. I ended up breezing through the season, losing only one game to a guy who had Favre and Freeman during a week that they connected for 3 TDs. I beat many teams by 100+ points. We had a weekly bonus for high points, and I think I won maybe 6 of them. I had the highest seasonal point total by a wide margin.

I don't remember who all of my backups were, but the main players were:

QB: revolving door between Marino in one of his last years, Neil O'Donnell, and Kerry Collins - QB was my biggest weakness

RB: Davis, Faulk, Anderson, I can't remember my backups. I think I had Robert Holcombe of the Rams or something

WR: Moss, Harrison, Muhammed, and Frank Wychek were my 4 starters. I had Irving Fryar who made the probowl the year before, but he was awful.

Defense: Don't remember. Maybe Baltimore pre-Ray Lewis

K: I had Gary Andersen who had maybe the greatest kicker season ever. He was perfect on his FGs, and Minnesota scored a ton. I think he had multiple weeks with 20+ points for me.

I've never come close since to having a better team than that one, and I've never seen another team in any of my leagues that approached that one for dominance.

My first year playing Fantasy Football . . .

1995 - 10 team league, NO PPR - Points were 10 points for 100 yards rushing or receiving and 10 points for 275+ passing yards. I drafted 3rd.

6 pt Passing TDs, Rushing and Receiving - double points if WR rushed for TD or RB receving TD; there were also bonuses for LONG plays like 5 points over 40 yards, 10 points over 50 yards (for passing/receiving and rushing TDs). I won the league handily. I think I went 12 - 1 in the regular season, and smashed it during the playoffs.

QB - Scott Mitchell, DET (6.08) - 32 Passing TDs
RB - Emmitt Smith, DAL (1.03) - 25 RUSHING TDs, 2148 Yds from Scrimmage
RB - Ricky Watters, PHI (5.03) - 1707 Yards from Scrimmage
WR - Carl Pickens, CIN (2.08) - 17 TDs Receiving
WR - Robert Brooks, GB (4.08) - 13 TDs Receiving - Blew up with Sterling Sharpe's creer over
TE - Shannon Sharpe, DEN (3.03) - Decent year - he and Coates were the highly coveted TEs
Flex - Michael Irvin, DAL (7.03) - 10 TDs Receiving
K - Norm Johnson, PIT - led the league in scoring other than Emmitt

The first round was Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Emmitt, Chris Warren, Steve Young, Curtis Martin, Drew Bledsoe (LOL), Marshall Faulk, Brett Favre and Natrone Means as I recall.

The draft choices were as I remember them . . . I don't remember who my defense was that year and quite honestly it didn't matter. I killed everybody that year. Emmitt (1st round pick) had his best season ever, Carl Pickens had 17 TDs, and my real separation came from Watters, Brooks and Irvin filling in MORE than adequately. Sad thing is I thought Fantasy Football was easy after that year and have never had that type of draft/return on investment since.

This year, I only played in one league (12 team PPR). Drafted AP #1 overall, then got Brandon Marshall and MJD at the turn. My other RBs were Tate, Ivory and Jennings (WW pickup) and also had Keenan Allen as a nice WW pickup. Vernon Davis @ TE and Cincy's D. I had traded Romo for Rodgers the week BEFORE he got injured and just missed the playoffs.

12 team redraft league back in 2002. Starting lineup was as follows:

McNair

Tomlinson

Holmes

Tim Brown

Burress

Crumpler

Carney

Seattle Defense

I also drafted Tiki Barber, Michael Vick, Coles and picked up Brad Johnson and Tommy Maddox as well. Lost in Week 2,got a 1st round bye and rolled to the title.

QB: Favre, Warner (1st year with Rams)

RB: Faulk, E. James

WR: Harrison, I. Bruce

TE: Remeirsma (Bills)

K: who cares

Def: who cares

Got Favre and Faulk early, then kept grabbing Rams and Colts. Manning's rookie season, and first year of The Greatest Show on Turf. Unfortunately, it was an early draft and I grabbed Skip Hicks before S. Davis won the job in Washington from him.