Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

SHOCKING video puts the liberal's "War on babies" into perspective.

What exceptions are you making at the expense of equality RE: gay marriage? Before you said the gheys are perverts who shouldn't be allowed to partner. Now you claim it's because marriage is "broke." Alrighty then.

My disconnect on boycotts is that a boycott is free speech. So it's funny to me to see a guy who claims to live free speech as much as you do deride people for exercising that right.

We've been through this before, I think you have a pretty feeble understanding of the first amendment and personal rights.

Well, I guess I see what the issue is with the gheys. You have assigned opinions to me that I have not said. In this thread, nor others. Wow. Simply breathtaking how wrong you are.

A boycott is washing one's hands of something, turning your back to it. Which is the "if you don't like it, turn the dial" argument. Beautiful. I'm on board. Except, today, it's not boycotting. It's a threatening. People get on social media and try to immediately get somebody fired because they are "offended". It's not a boycott. It's a lynching.

It's called backpedalling. phillybear was called out for his constant hypocrisy and now he's trying to not seem like an such an ass hole.

Yes, he is against gay marriage. He calls them perverts and says that them wanting to be able to marry is getting "extra rights" and not equal rights. :wacko:

His views on free speech/expression are focking hilarious.

Perverts? When did that happen? The gheys seem to want to be defined by their sexual fetishes. So be it. It's a choice. People are most likely born bisexual and then choose the path they will follow at the time of puberty due to social norms and environment. It's a theory. As good as any. I really don't give a sh!t. People can do what they want to do.

Gheys have the same exact right to marry a person of the opposite sex as anybody else. What we are talking about is changing the rules. OK. So let's change the divorce rules, which is what really matters. Let's get rid of tax breaks for marriage, so we can have equality for every citizen. Oh, it's not about equality after all, is it?

A 2004 study by the Guttmacher Institute reported that women listed the following amongst their reasons for choosing to have an abortion:[64]

74% Having a baby would dramatically change my life

73% Cannot afford a baby now

48% Do not want to be a single mother or having relationship problems

38% Have completed my childbearing

32% Not ready for another child

25% Do not want people to know I had sex or got pregnant

22% Do not feel mature enough to raise another child

14% Husband or partner wants me to have an abortion

13% Possible problems affecting the health of the fetus

12% Concerns about my health

6% Parents want me to have an abortion

1% Was a victim of rape

less than 0.5% Became pregnant as a result of incest

1% Was a victim of rape

All seem like great reasons to me. :dunno: They all basically come down to the same reason.."I don't want to be pregnant/have a baby"

A 2004 study by the Guttmacher Institute reported that women listed the following amongst their reasons for choosing to have an abortion:[64]

1% Was a victim of rape

I'd add, might make my post-baby ass look fat as a valid reason too.

Well, I guess I see what the issue is with the gheys. You have assigned opinions to me that I have not said. In this thread, nor others. Wow. Simply breathtaking how wrong you are.

A boycott is washing one's hands of something, turning your back to it. Which is the "if you don't like it, turn the dial" argument. Beautiful. I'm on board. Except, today, it's not boycotting. It's a threatening. People get on social media and try to immediately get somebody fired because they are "offended". It's not a boycott. It's a lynching.

You have made the claim that gays have the same rights as straights because they can marry an opposite sex adult. Aside from knowing you lifted that silly argument from talk radio that sure spuds like a lack of support for gay marriage.

Boycotts are protected free speech that you don't like. Fine, but you may want to modify your "I support all speech!" claim then, that's all.

1% Was a victim of rape

What is your actual opinion on abortion phurfur?

What is your actual opinion on abortion phurfur?

silly rabbit! Phurph doesn't have any actual opinions.

silly rabbit! Phurph doesn't have any actual opinions.

On abortion he does. He has multiple opinions. Last year, he said he was against abortion. About two weeks later, he said he was pro-choice but didn't want tax payers to pay for them. lolol That's right, he went from pro-life to pro-choice in about 14 days. :doh: Must be some new Libertarian thing.

You have made the claim that gays have the same rights as straights because they can marry an opposite sex adult. Aside from knowing you lifted that silly argument from talk radio that sure spuds like a lack of support for gay marriage.

Boycotts are protected free speech that you don't like. Fine, but you may want to modify your "I support all speech!" claim then, that's all.

A fact is a fact is a fact. Then you choose to assign an opinion for me as a result of me citing a fact along with logic. Why are people so eager to categorize?

Just like you misunderstand my opinions, you confuse "boycott" with "threaten" or "assault". I wonder about the limitations you prefer to put upon speech. Sad.

A fact is a fact is a fact. Then you choose to assign an opinion for me as a result of me citing a fact along with logic. Why are people so eager to categorize?

Just like you misunderstand my opinions, you confuse "boycott" with "threaten" or "assault". I wonder about the limitations you prefer to put upon speech. Sad.

are you for or against gay marriage? Holy focking .

I'm perfectly fine with abortion being legal. I'd just wish more people would push adoption and other CHOICES over it is all. I also think, while legal it should be highly regulated. As in who can perform them, under 18 y/o consent, early time cut off etc.

:dunno:

I'm perfectly fine with abortion being legal. I'd just wish more people would push adoption and other CHOICES over it is all. I also think, while legal it should be highly regulated. As in who can perform them, under 18 y/o consent, early time cut off etc.

:dunno:

You don't think they are requirements for this already, or are you pushing for more of them...like in Texas, where they essentially make it so impossible for many qualified doctors to perform them?

You have said that gays have the same right to marry an opposite sex adult as straights and that marrying a same sex person is a new, special right. That seems to me to indicate your opposition to same sex marriage but hey, correct me if I'm wrong.

You have likened boycotts to a mob mentality and now I guess harassment or assault? While also claiming to support all free speech. So my conclusion is that you either don't understand that boycotts are free speech or you don't support all free speech.

Still no idea where you stand on abortion. I generally support it but I could get on board with banning it past the first trimester unless there's some serious medical reason to terminate.

You don't think they are requirements for this already, or are you pushing for more of them...like in Texas, where they essentially make it so impossible for many qualified doctors to perform them?

Not sure about the Texas thing, it was just a broad statement. Maybe that is regulated enough already in most states. :dunno:

But even being Pro Choice, these are things I don't like:

1. Giving gov't funds to groups like Planned Parenthood. Being tax-exempt (non profifit) is one thing, giving tax money to them is another.

2. 17 y/o or under needs adult consent - Why do we have minor laws to begin with? Because we as society has deemed a certain age to be not mature enough to make adult descions. Abortion most certainly falls into that category.

3. I realize the minority of abortions fall after 20 or so weeks but 10 percent of 1.1 million per year is still ALOT. The decision to abort is a time sensitive decision. 4 months is damn plenty.

4. A minority of women do in fact have multiple abortions which leads to believing they are actually using it as form of BC. Not good, not sure how to combat that but education on the topic at the very least.

5. A concerted drive to push the CHOICE of adoption in this country. Pro-Choice means there are other options and adoption isn't pushed enough imo.

Stuff like that is all I'm saying.

4. A minority of women do in fact have multiple abortions which leads to believing they are actually using it as form of BC. Not good, not sure how to combat that but education on the topic at the very least.

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, approximately 45 percent of abortions are repeat abortions. Two new studies released last month have found increased risks for women who undergo multiple abortions.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/21/did-you-know-45-percent-of-abortions-are-repeat-abortions/

are you for or against gay marriage? Holy focking ######.

After much careful deliberation, I've come to the following decision: Fock. Sh!t. Fart.

If a woman has 2 abortions that means she is using abortion as birth control?

You have said that gays have the same right to marry an opposite sex adult as straights and that marrying a same sex person is a new, special right. That seems to me to indicate your opposition to same sex marriage but hey, correct me if I'm wrong.

You have likened boycotts to a mob mentality and now I guess harassment or assault? While also claiming to support all free speech. So my conclusion is that you either don't understand that boycotts are free speech or you don't support all free speech.

Still no idea where you stand on abortion. I generally support it but I could get on board with banning it past the first trimester unless there's some serious medical reason to terminate.

Boycott: to abstain from buying or using.

I'm perfectly fine with that form of practice. Now, let's be intellectually honest here. Is this really what a boycott is today, peacefully abstaining from buying a product or using a product? Or is it an organized social media event full scale attack on sponsors, media, company websites, relatives, an avalanche of trolls trying to ruin people's lives. Why? Because someone Asian took what Colbert said out of context, and he loses his Late Night Show gig. Boycott? Really? To abstain from buying or using.....or...#FireColbert.....what do you think?

Didn't say we should outlaw it. Just saying you are a piece of sh!t for going after people to silence their speech.

After much careful deliberation, I've come to the following decision: Fock. Sh!t. Fart.

Freedom freedom freedom!! Except for women. And gays. And anyone who wants to boycott something.

God you're a dumbass. :doh:

Freedom freedom freedom!! Except for women. And gays. And anyone who wants to boycott something.

He's an even bigger faux "libertarian" than Phurfur

Speaking of dumbass, you've spent 3 pages punching into thin air, debating topics with someone that hasn't offered their opinion on said topics.

Not sure about the Texas thing, it was just a broad statement. Maybe that is regulated enough already in most states. :dunno:

But even being Pro Choice, these are things I don't like:

1. Giving gov't funds to groups like Planned Parenthood. Being tax-exempt (non profifit) is one thing, giving tax money to them is another.

2. 17 y/o or under needs adult consent - Why do we have minor laws to begin with? Because we as society has deemed a certain age to be not mature enough to make adult descions. Abortion most certainly falls into that category.

3. I realize the minority of abortions fall after 20 or so weeks but 10 percent of 1.1 million per year is still ALOT. The decision to abort is a time sensitive decision. 4 months is damn plenty.

5. A concerted drive to push the CHOICE of adoption in this country. Pro-Choice means there are other options and adoption isn't pushed enough imo.

Stuff like that is all I'm saying.

2. Believe most states already require adult consent(Not parent--judge also). I'm not sure how I feel about that, in some cases you would/could be forcing a two teenagers to become parents against there will. Doesn't sound like the best plan---I mean they've already shown they're not smart enough to invest 2 bucks on a condom.---just looked it up, only 5 states don't have parental consent laws.

Parental involvement laws have three basic features. First, they are binding on minors, not adults. Second, they require, at minimum, that minors notify their parents before an abortion is performed, and in some cases consent from the parents. And third, they allow minors to acquire a judicial bypass if consent cannot be acquired

4. That's a very expensive and potentially dangerous method of birth control. I doubt that's the primary method of BC.

5. While noble, Pushing adoption, means pushing for a woman to carry to term a child---that's not just 9 months, no problem, here we'll take that for you, thanks have a nice day. Physical, chemical, emotional issues all come into play with a pregnancy.

He's an even bigger faux "libertarian" than Phurfur

You have the reading comprehension skills of a potato.

I've always felt that is a woman is cold hearted enough to kill her unborn child, she would have been a terrible mother anyway.

Other than that, I am one of the few people in this country that doesn't way in on abortion. The rape and forced to give birth argument is idiotic because that is making laws for a 1 in a million scenario. It would be nice if the father had some say in the decision, and if he doesn't maybe he shouldn't be on the hook for child support. But that's just using logic.

Ultimately, nobody in this country has ultimate freedom to make decision, so having that expectation anymore is pointless.

I like to point out the contradictions.

So the one in a million women that get pregnant from rape are forced to have the child because it isnt common enough? Such a well thought out argument. You should be proud of your idiocy.

The actual percentage of women getting pregnant by the person that raped them is about 5%. A lot higher than your one in a million.

American Lung Association has it's agenda. Not surprising.

When is the last time you've heard of yanking a product off a shelf before you could prove it was harmful. It's speculative at best. "Concerned" "unknown".

Everybody has an agenda; the ALA's is promotion of respiratory health. And the little data available show carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals) in the vapor, so it's not a stretch to assume there will be health consequences from inhaling it.

I don't know. Maybe it depends on where you live.

I do know - only active suicidality gets you hospitalized unless you have uncontrolled psychiatric illness and/or impaired decisional capacity.

are you for or against gay marriage? Holy focking ######.

It certainly is amusing. After posting, demanding an answer to clear up his confusion, and my nonsensical response, Newbie in the very next post decided that I was against the freedoms of certain individuals based on nothing in particular.

Yuck.

It certainly is amusing. After posting, demanding an answer to clear up his confusion, and my nonsensical response, Newbie in the very next post decided that I was against the freedoms of certain individuals based on nothing in particular.

Yuck.

Freedom, freedom, freedom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the one in a million women that get pregnant from rape are forced to have the child because it isnt common enough? Such a well thought out argument. You should be proud of your idiocy.

The actual percentage of women getting pregnant by the person that raped them is about 5%. A lot higher than your one in a million.

I'm going to have to call bullsh!t on that. Women trying to get pregnant on purpose don't get knocked up at such a high rate. Try again.

Boycott: to abstain from buying or using.

I'm perfectly fine with that form of practice. Now, let's be intellectually honest here. Is this really what a boycott is today, peacefully abstaining from buying a product or using a product? Or is it an organized social media event full scale attack on sponsors, media, company websites, relatives, an avalanche of trolls trying to ruin people's lives. Why? Because someone Asian took what Colbert said out of context, and he loses his Late Night Show gig. Boycott? Really? To abstain from buying or using.....or...#FireColbert.....what do you think?

Didn't say we should outlaw it. Just saying you are a piece of sh!t for going after people to silence their speech.

We have been through this over and over. And you're getting piled on here pretty hard.

Everybody has an agenda; the ALA's is promotion of respiratory health. And the little data available show carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals) in the vapor, so it's not a stretch to assume there will be health consequences from inhaling it.

Why is it that medical science claims that they don't really know what causes cancer? Oh, except for second hand smoke. And now water vapor. And look at all this lovely data. But everything else is a mystery. Just wondering. I get it, smoking is unhealthy. But it's just so much shenanigans at this point.

We have been through this over and over. And you're getting piled on here pretty hard.

You simply do not understand the term "boycott".

Philly is holding the bored socialists a bay while they continue to babel on trying to justify the the mind controlled policies they don't understand.

I'm going to have to call bullsh!t on that. Women trying to get pregnant on purpose don't get knocked up at such a high rate. Try again.

Based on the 1.3M abortions per year and the poll above indicating 1% of abortions are the result of rape, that would be about 11,000 a year.

Why is it that medical science claims that they don't really know what causes cancer? Oh, except for second hand smoke. And now water vapor. And look at all this lovely data. But everything else is a mystery. Just wondering. I get it, smoking is unhealthy. But it's just so much shenanigans at this point.

We know many things which cause cancer, just not everything that does.

Or 'equal rights'. :doh:

I do. You simply do not understand the meaning of "free speech."

Based on the 1.3M abortions per year and the poll above indicating 1% of abortions are the result of rape, that would be about 11,000 a year.

I wonder what the real number would be. Let's go with your figure.

We know that in some cases, the morning after, the regret card is played by a woman who may have made a poor decision or drank a bit too much to recall everything, and makes a claim whether it's really what happened. And maybe a teenage girl might claim rape in a circumstance to keep her parents from getting angry that she let her 25 year old boyfriend knock her up. Then again, there are cases of rape never reported. I'm sure the numbers are estimates no matter how you slice it. I wonder what the number really is.

The argument then becomes, do you make policy based on whatever that number is? I don't know. Maybe it's like when you know a drug has a certain side effect of some people, but you put that drug on the market anyway . At what number do you make a decision that the number is statistically significant to effect policy change. One, a thousand, ten thousand. I can't answer that.