Sign in to follow this  
Googballz

IRS "loses" 2 years of Lois Lerner emails. How convenient.

He was one of the first people I PM'd to help on the day I suggested we try to take back the bored. He gladly bumped a bunch of old threads, to help out.

Say what you want... but he's good people. :cheers:

Diversionary tactic.

If true, this is pathetic beyond words. Maybe it is like a Euro soccer dood flopping on the ground in agony when no one came near him, and we are just supposed to accept it as part of the game? :(

The only thing more pathetic than this bullshiot story is the fact some people are buying it.

The only thing more pathetic than this bullshiot story is the fact some people are buying it.

One more thing that's more pathetic....you going full retard in three different political threads yesterday. And all last night. :doh: Holy fock, dude. Get a woman. Or a hobby.

Diversionary tactic.

My god son, you're pathetic. :lol:

If true, this is pathetic beyond words. Maybe it is like a Euro soccer dood flopping on the ground in agony when no one came near him, and we are just supposed to accept it as part of the game? :(

I've got to hand it to democrats;they are not only brazen in the way the destroy the evidence, they are brilliant when it comes to the chess game played after. Pretty smart to come out and say the emails are gone. Even smarter to come out and say they can be found but it's gonna cost the taxpayers ten million dollars to retrieve them. Will it work? We shall see.

I've got to hand it to democrats;they are not only brazen in the way the destroy the evidence, they are brilliant when it comes to the chess game played after. Pretty smart to come out and say the emails are gone. Even smarter to come out and say they can be found but it's gonna cost the taxpayers ten million dollars to retrieve them. Will it work? We shall see.

Why is it so hard to admit that both of the last two administrations have done almost exactly the same thing?

In a federal court filing this week, the White House confirmed the failure to recover lost e-mails from the emergency backup tapes.

White House Chief Information Officer Teresa Payton and press secretary Dana Perino have blamed the loss of the e-mails on the administration’s transition from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook.

Is that any more legit an excuse than crashed computers?

:doh:

Why is it so hard to admit that both of the last two administrations have done almost exactly the same thing?

LOLOL

//thread

Hard to say with such limited info. What was the scandal? Is it reasonable to lose mails in such a transition? If not, did anyone call them on it?

Hard to say with such limited info. What was the scandal? Is it reasonable to lose mails in such a transition? If not, did anyone call them on it?

Earlier this week, the White House disclosed that it could not recover lost e-mails from emergency backup tapes for the period covering the invasion of Iraq and the U.S. failure to find Iraq’s alleged WMD.

This new gap – from March 1, 2003, to May 23, 2003 – also may have wiped out evidence of how George W. Bush and his top aides reacted to the emerging criticism from former U.S. Ambassador Joseph Wilson that the White House had sold the war using false claims about Iraq seeking uranium from Niger in Africa.

“It seems clear now that the e-mail backups are spotty and that there is no guarantee that there are backup tapes for all of [Executive Office of the President] during the period of concern, March 2003-October 2005,” said Meredith Fuchs, general counsel of George Washington University’s National Security Archive, one of two organizations suing the White House in hopes of forcing the administration to preserve its e-mails.

“There are no tapes from earlier than May 23, 2003,” Fuchs added, referring to an apparent violation of the Presidential Records Act. “So, anything deleted from the EOP network prior to May 23, 2003 (particularly between March 2003 and May 23, 2003) is missing from the backup tapes.

”Other e-mails are missing from a period of several weeks from late September to early October 2003, another key timeframe when the White House was caught up in a growing scandal over the leaking of Wilson’s wife’s status as a covert CIA officer in reaction to Wilson’s public criticism of the Niger claims.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2008/050908a.html

The IRS’ email black hole

News that the IRS lost tens of thousands of emails sought by Congress unleashed a loud round of forehead slapping around Washington, and the obvious question: How could this happen?

It seems impossible to some that in this age of digital dominance, emails relating to a controversy involving federal government officials could simply vanish.

But transparency advocates and experts in retrieving email from antiquated government computer systems say they’re not at all surprised. The reason: The IRS’s record-keeping procedures — like erasing backup tapes every six months — have been known for years as critical weaknesses in government record collection. These observers say all of the warning signs were there for years before large troves of messages from as many as six IRS employees caught up in the tea party scandal were destroyed through a combination of equipment failures and inadequate archiving procedures.

Here’s how the IRS lost emails from key witness Lois Lerner

Prior to the eruption of the IRS controversy last spring, the IRS had a policy of backing up the data on its email server (which runs Microsoft Outlook) every day. It kept a backup of the records for six months on digital tape, according to a letter sent from the IRS to Sens. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah). After six months, the IRS would reuse those tapes for newer backups. So when Congressional committees began requesting emails from the agency, its records only went back to late 2012.

The IRS also had two other policies that complicated things. The first was a limit on how big its employees' email inboxes could be. At the IRS, employees could keep 500 megabytes of data on the email server. If the mailbox got too big, email would need to be deleted or moved to a local folder on the user's computer.

Emails considered an "official record" of the IRS couldn't be deleted and, in fact, needed to also have a hard copy filed. Those emails that constitute an official record are ones that are loosely defined under IRS policy as ones that were "[c]reated or received in the transaction of agency business," "appropriate for preservation as evidence of the government's function or activities," or "valuable because of the information they contain". The letter sent to the senators suggests that it was up to the user to determine what emails met those standards. It's not clear if Lerner had any hard copies of important emails.

I thought it might be interesting to introduce some facts to the thread, but please continue with wild accusations, conspiracy theories and out-and-out wrong information. :thumbsup:

I know. But damn man, I was told hope and change was a coming. I was told this would be the most transparent administration in history. I was told that this administration would be the opposite of Bush. I was told a lot of things would be s adifferent as night and day. But here we are. You're right. Nothings changed. :sigh:

This is a dangerous game they are playing. One, I find it implausible that the feds, let alone the IRS, don't have backup systems. Two, they should be able to produce subsequent emails where she tells people she needs stuff because her disk crashed. Basically it seems like a lie which can be verified.

And then the bad news: In 2011, Lerner's computer crashed. She requested that the IRS' information technology division try and recover the data from her hard drive. It was unable to do so, and it appears that individual machines like hers weren't backed up. (The full email chain is at the bottom of this post.)

There is an email at the bottom of the page, exactly as you inquired about.

Hey Paul, the Bush emails were mislabeled by the National archives and have since been recovered.

Let's hope the asme happens with the IRS emails.

Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.

I know. But damn man, I was told hope and change was a coming. I was told this would be the most transparent administration in history. I was told that this administration would be the opposite of Bush. I was told a lot of things would be s adifferent as night and day. But here we are. You're right. Nothings changed. :sigh:

Obama has been a disappointment to me. Thought possibly things could change. The times are too partisan, the big lobbies have too much pull. Shame indeed.

Hey Paul, the Bush emails were mislabeled by the National archives and have since been recovered.

Let's hope the asme happens with the IRS emails.

Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.

Those emails weren't lost by the National Security Archive, and won't be made public for years. All I've been saying is that any lost emails look dirty, but until we find out what's in them, we really can't indict anyone. True for both sides who have had this exact issue pop up.

Were you this visibly shaken when you were told "No new taxes!!"? How about the WMDs in Iraq? Did that disappoint you this much. The old 'hope and change' excuse you guys lose is your way of admitting that the 8 previous years were a nightmare. It was a campaign slogan. A damn good one.

Obama has been a disappointment to me. Thought possibly things could change. The times are too partisan, the big lobbies have too much pull. Shame indeed.

Read an article a couple of years ago about how states and counties voting districts/lines have changed over the last two or three decades to favor one party over the other and how those districts are no longer a 50/50 makeup of both parties.. Candidates for either party had a good chance to win election back then in those counties. Because of this, you had strong candidates and politicians on both sides who listened to their constituents. Now you have those redrawn districts that lean heavily either way in one party or the others favor and it's a big reason for the partisan politics today. Todays candndates don't have to listen to both sides if they know they have their voting block locked up. It also discourages the other side from voting in these districts and keeps good candidates from running if they know they have no chance to win in those districts.

Both sides are responsible for this. They read the census and determine which lines stay the same and which ones they can redraw. We the voter get partisan politics and polticians who could care less what the other side wants or needs.

Were you this visibly shaken when you were told "No new taxes!!"? How about the WMDs in Iraq? Did that disappoint you this much. The old 'hope and change' excuse you guys lose is your way of admitting that the 8 previous years were a nightmare. It was a campaign slogan. A damn good one.

Dude, would you stop this BS trolling? It's getting old and you're better than it. How am I visibly shaken? I was making a point about the topic in hand. Didn't realize Bush 1 & 2 had anything to do with Lois Lerner and lost e-mails in the year 2014. How are those things relevant to the this topic of conversation and what's happening today? Because they fawked up too? Because I as a voter should sit back and not say a word or have an opinion today because previous presidents were fawk ups too? Pretty weak defense. For either side.

You'd like to put everybody on the right in the same boat.Whe're not all in that same boat. You argue as though we are. To be honest, what you do isn't arguing. What you do most of the time these days: "Bush did it too. Did you whine like I'm whining about something I don't actually know if you whined about but I assume you did whine because you're a rightie Fox loving whining hack and I love to derail political threads in an attempt to make a point not relevant to the topic at hand." Again, you're better than that.

• Like 1

Dude, would you stop this BS trolling? It's getting old and you're better than it. How am I visibly shaken? I was making a point about the topic in hand. Didn't realize Bush 1 & 2 had anything to do with Lois Lerner and lost e-mails in the year 2014. How are those things relevant to the this topic of conversation and what's happening today? Because they fawked up too? Because I as a voter should sit back and not say a word or have an opinion today because previous presidents were fawk ups too? Pretty weak defense. For either side.

You'd like to put everybody on the right in the same boat.Whe're not all in that same boat. You argue as though we are. To be honest, what you do isn't arguing. What you do most of the time these days: "Bush did it too. Did you whine like I'm whining about something I don't actually know if you whined about but I assume you did whine because you're a rightie Fox loving whining hack and I love to derail political threads in an attempt to make a point not relevant to the topic at hand." Again, you're better than that.

You were just whining about being so upset because you thought Hope & Change meant things were going to be different. It's not BS trolling. I'm calling you out for recycling tired Fox News talking points. If you fell for a campaign slogan, then shame on you. And, yes, I realize that all you righties HATE seeing the word Bush. But if you would have showed some consistency and bitched about the deficit and lying and unemployment and gas prices when he was in office, maybe you'd get a pass.

Dude, would you stop this BS trolling? It's getting old and you're better than it.

Are you sure about that?

Are you sure about that?

Don't you have some dead toddler's anus you can sniff and lick, creep? Creep who can now add stalker to his resume.

You were just whining about being so upset because you thought Hope & Change meant things were going to be different. It's not BS trolling. I'm calling you out for recycling tired Fox News talking points. If you fell for a campaign slogan, then shame on you. And, yes, I realize that all you righties HATE seeing the word Bush. But if you would have showed some consistency and bitched about the deficit and lying and unemployment and gas prices when he was in office, maybe you'd get a pass.

1- I wasn't here during the Bush years. You don't have a clue what I thought about Bush.

2- How was I upset? I was making a point that Obama promised things were going to change and how he ran on it. You apparently don't like people on the right pointing out that fact and come to his defense knowing he didn't fullfill his promises.

3- Fox news talking points? Again, you're trolling. You've got nothing but Fox News. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when a politician screws up if you watch politics. Or in your world, maybe you do. I don't need anyone to tell me anything. I like when reporters report the news and I come to my own conclusions. Most people do. But becasue Fox is so effective, it's become a bad word, like liberal is.

4- Fell for a campaign slogan? Do you remember when he ran for the nomination? Do you remember all those promises he made on the trail? Of course you do. That''s why "Hope and Change" is just a slogan now. Not what he ran on. And I didn't fall for it. Euther time.

5- I don't hate seeing the word Bush. I find it amusing that those who phail to make good arguments rely on using Bush when he has zero to do with the topic at hand. School yard fighting tactics. "Wahhhhhhhhhhh. He did it too." You've become "That guy on the left who has nothing so he screams Fox and Bush whenever he can.

6- Again, you're better than that.

• Like 1

Bunny nailed it. Fukking nailed it.

Well, except the part where he says Newbie is better than that. He isn't. He is exactly the guy you describe.

why is he better than that? New here ?

It's your hypocrisy. Crying and whining over every perceived injustice done by this administration--a precious few of them even legitimate gripes, like the IRS scandal--when you guys give a free pass to the exact same conduct (and worse) when it's "your guy" that's in office.

Whatever, it is what it is. Politics is rife with hypocrisy. But if you can't even acknowledge it then I'm sorry but you have no credibility.

It's your hypocrisy. Crying and whining over every perceived injustice done by this administration--a precious few of them even legitimate gripes, like the IRS scandal--when you guys give a free pass to the exact same conduct (and worse) when it's "your guy" that's in office.

Whatever, it is what it is. Politics is rife with hypocrisy. But if you can't even acknowledge it then I'm sorry but you have no credibility.

I guess you missed the part where he pointed out he wasn't here during the Bush years. But don't let facts get in the way of your Obama nutbag swinging.

I guess you missed the part where he pointed out he wasn't here during the Bush years. But don't let facts get in the way of your Obama nutbag swinging.

Well I suppose there's some chance that deep in the Louisiana bayou Bunny was out there pudding and moaning about how awful Bush was, but I doubt it. I've certainly never seen him say something along the lines of "Obama probably lied about that and that makes me angry, but let's also keep in mind that Bush lied his way into Iraq resulting in thousands of dead soldiers and tens of thousands wounded, so if we're going to try to throw Obama out of office let's at least make sure he's replaced by a decent politician."

Well I suppose there's some chance that deep in the Louisiana bayou Bunny was out there pudding and moaning about how awful Bush was, but I doubt it. I've certainly never seen him say something along the lines of "Obama probably lied about that and that makes me angry, but let's also keep in mind that Bush lied his way into Iraq resulting in thousands of dead soldiers and tens of thousands wounded, so if we're going to try to throw Obama out of office let's at least make sure he's replaced by a decent politician."

why should we keep in mind ? What's it's relevance to today's news ?

Did you keep in mind clintons every fock up while analyzing bush fock ups ?

None you did so for once shut the fock up a about bush, man up , step up to the plate and actually defend the horrible administration, if you can.

BunnysBastatrds

Member Since 10 Aug 2007[/size]

I guess GP doesn't let facts get in the way of anything. Glad you quoted him this time so I could see that one.

Link to him posting in the Geek Club?

Maybe he came here for the main board and FFB.

How's that ignore working out for ya? :first:

Nah...but the righty hacks brought up Clinton on this board all the time when Bush did something stupid.

link

link

You want me to link to something that happened before the history is kept on this board right now?

Its ok to admit it...everyone here knows its focking true.

Hell...I brought up some of Clinton's stuff to counter ridiculous claims about Bush.

Whatever, it is what it is. Politics is rife with hypocrisy. But if you can't even acknowledge it

then I'm sorry but you have no credibility.

I have no credibility? Do you see me run, not walk , into every political thread like you do to defend a certain side against some? Would you say that others see you as predictable about where you stand? Like those you find hypocritical?

You want me to link to something that happened before the history is kept on this board right now?

Its ok to admit it...everyone here knows its focking true.

Hell...I brought up some of Clinton's stuff to counter ridiculous claims about Bush.

BTW...about 10 seconds of searching produced this.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=338443&p=3865837

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=338177&p=3860386

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=336652&p=3839681

Need more complaining about things clinton did too? Its kinda easy to find even with about a 1 year window when the board was actually around.

BunnysBastatrds

Member Since 10 Aug 2007

I guess GP doesn't let facts get in the way of anything. Glad you quoted him this time so I could see that one.

My first post in the Geek Club was a year later in late 2008 or early 2009 when I finally checked in here out of curiosity.

Honcho is buying the story they cooked up and came out with Friday. :first:

Mike honcho buys the lost email story :lol:

Keep up the good work mike, the administration depends on complete retards like you

The IRS’ email black hole

I thought it might be interesting to introduce some facts to the thread, but please continue with wild accusations, conspiracy theories and out-and-out wrong information. :thumbsup:

There is an email at the bottom of the page, exactly as you inquired about.

Funny how fast the "fake outrage" boys have nothing to say now. :lol:

Honcho still pushing the BS story the IRS came up with after a year of stonewalling.

You are cute, Kid. :first:

Honcho still pushing the BS story the IRS came up with after a year of stonewalling.

You are cute, Kid. :first:

Confronted with facts, go with insults, FFMike should just get you a white flag gif.

You defend your stupidity like a Texan at the Alamo, it's impressive...sad, but impressive.