Sign in to follow this  
BoxFullofJoel

Ebron - Ertz - Ladarius Green . What say you?

I am scouting these guys for a breakout TE this year. My thoughts

1. Ertz - had him last year had couple of TDs, I was not that impressed on film TBH. Did not show that he was outright better than Celek. But with Djax gone I think there are more tragets coming his way.
  2. Ladarius Green- Rivers was my backup QB so I watched them play he looks like Gates 2.0. But Gates 1.0 is still there and productive.
  3. Ebron- I thought Fauria would be the one to watch until ebron was drafted by the Lions. On film he looks great ,hands, speed, he really reminds me of Vernon Davis.

How do you guys see them?

I am scouting these guys for a breakout TE this year. My thoughts

1. Ertz - had him last year had couple of TDs, I was not that impressed on film TBH. Did not show that he was outright better than Celek. But with Djax gone I think there are more tragets coming his way.
  2. Ladarius Green- Rivers was my backup QB so I watched them play he looks like Gates 2.0. But Gates 1.0 is still there and productive.
  3. Ebron- I thought Fauria would be the one to watch until ebron was drafted by the Lions. On film he looks great ,hands, speed, he really reminds me of Vernon Davis.

How do you guys see them?

i have them like this:

Ebron>>>Ertz>Green

im buying in to the Ebron in the slot mentions i keep hearing/reading. tate is no slouch, super high cage rate, and calvin is calvin, so there has to be some opportunities for an athletic big body TE in the seam for Ebron.

i think SD runs 2 TE sets a lot, I dont think Green has the exclusive role @ TE in SD just yet.

i like Ertz, acquired him in dynasty in a couple leagues. nice upside, but his 2014 production is a little bit of an unknown to me. hard for me to gauge...

I like Ertz more then the other two . Last year was his rookie season he should be more polished and ready to take another step forward .

• Like 1

Ertz>Ebron>Green

Ebron has all the talent in the world. Just tough for rookies to get consistent playing time and/or get the playbook down. Plus they paid that no hands Pettigrew; definitely think the last 6 weeks Ebron will be the best of all three.

Green

Ertz

Ebron next year or pick him up midway this season after the owner that drafted him paid to much and gets frustrated and drops him

Ebron, only because he had the clearest path to a starting gig.

i guess i'm the only one really big on green. green>ebron>ertz

oooh no ur not :nono:

I had him as a waiver wire claim last year and he won me a game to get me into playoffs :thumbsup:

I would target him this year but not going to pull trigger b4 RD 10 him.

those of you that say ebron are dreamers. He is 2nd on the depth chart behind stone hands pettigrew and in the redzone stafford likes that giant fuiria. Not to mention he is having a camp filled with drops.

• Like 1

Not even considering Ebron....rookie TEs have a tough time putting up consistent numbers.

I was really high on Ertz. So many questions in that receiving corps that it seems natural for him to step in and be a significant part of the passing game. But what's up with him running so much with the twos last night? Obviously he'll be a part of the offense...but why the need to get him some extra run?

That's contrasted with Green who ran exclusively with the ones but his role in that offense seems less defined. The upside is definitely there....as it is with Ertz. Just don't see any sort of consistency with either guy. Guess all things being equal, give me the TE with the better QB....and right now I'd say that's Rivers.

Ertz > Green > Ebron

Co-signed. Ertz and Green looked pretty good last year. Ebron hasn't taken a snap in the NFL, yet. Talent don't mean jack shite if you can't capitalize on it.

Ebron isn't in the same zip code as the other two. Beat out Pettigrew or Fauria and then we'll talk. Ertz and Green should be solid options this year if you want to wait on TEs.

Ebron is reportedly awful in camp and in pre season action. Looks like he's gonna need a year. Pass.

I feel like Ertz is primed to have a monster year. Sproles is a going to help, too, but I feel like Ertz is going to get a lot of those passes that would have gone to DeSean Jackson. High powered offense + 2nd year improvement + opportunity for more work.

I don't love Green or Ebron. Ebron may not even start there, and I realize Gates isn't what he used to be but he's not dead. When was the last time a split TE produced two fantasy-worthy TE's? Hernandez/Gronk maybe for half a year until Gronkowski got hurt? It can happen but I can't see it. Also I see Allen taking a step forward this year, and Floyd is supposedly healthy and looking great. Combined with that trio of RB's who can all catch the ball I'm not sold on there being enough passes for two TE's to both be productive.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if Clay deserves to be lumped into this group. Probably not the upside of the others, but still could be capable of putting up solid numbers. At least with him, we know he'll be on the field.

Ertz...foles likes him

Green..gates in the way from me liking him over Ertz

Ebron...rookie

Clay is slightly ahead of this group imo

Why? More of a sure thing perhaps but his upside seems quite limited. I would put both Ertz and Green ahead of him, easily

Why? More of a sure thing perhaps but his upside seems quite limited. I would put both Ertz and Green ahead of him, easily

safer, no 1 redzone target on his team type thing. Also has the chance to occasionally score a rushing td, hes more of an HB type that plays TE