Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Situation in Ferguson, MO

Are people just now (with this story) figuring out that the media no longer cover stories but become the stories, side on stories and in alot of cases actually make up the stories?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.com%2Fstory%2F2014%2F08%2Fferguson-media-110169.html&ei=Q6b0U-fkD-nD7AbDu4FQ&usg=AFQjCNElUpoa6CEnLnRKqwtZ2ZSNnJLx2Q

The line between news reporting and opinion is blurring in Ferguson, Missouri, as some national journalists inject their perspective and even themselves into the story. The conduct of a few prominent members of the press on the ground at the site of the police shooting of Michael Brown has drawn the attention of media observers.

News today has gone from objective reporting of current events to one big People Magazine or TMZ'esque fiasco. 'Report first, ask questions later' is the mantra.

I get a chuckle out of every instance where people do the "hands up dont shoot" BS..... these people are making a completely mockery of this entire event.....

Hmmm, lets see how the "we are so racially oppressed" crowd spins this.....maybe he did it when he was raising his arms to uhmmmmm, surrender?

I do like the new picture of Michael Brown with the Hawaiian Punch, gun and wad of money in his mouth.

Looks like someone I would definitely want to be friends with.

I get a chuckle out of every instance where people do the "hands up dont shoot" BS..... these people are making a completely mockery of this entire event.....

I was trying to stay away from this story, but its everywhere. So I'm gonna vent.

Why he hell is everything have to be about race? Just because the cop was white and Brown was black doesn't mean there was anytig 'racist' about this story. This is a story about how much deadly force is to much (or where that line is exactly) in a police situation, not about race or racism. It makes my mind slode.

It's so focking annoying.

I was trying to stay away from this story, but its everywhere. So I'm gonna vent.

Why he hell is everything have to be about race? Just because the cop was white and Brown was black doesn't mean there was anytig 'racist' about this story. This is a story about how much deadly force is to much (or where that line is exactly) in a police situation, not about race or racism. It makes my mind slode.

because holder and the gang want it to be

Hmmm, lets see how the "we are so racially oppressed" crowd spins this.....maybe he did it when he was raising his arms to uhmmmmm, surrender?

Oooobviously the cop got it from the recoil of his gun as he shot the kid.

Why he hell is everything have to be about race? Just because the cop was white and Brown was black doesn't mean there was anytig 'racist' about this story. This is a story about how much deadly force is to much in a police situation, not about race or racism. It makes my mind slode.

1) The situation is an opportunity for media, civil rights exploiters and policito's to get some currency.

- The media will hype it because they want to make the sponsors happy, and be viewed as leading the march to liberty.

- Civil Right exploitation (Sharpton, Jackson, NAACP) need this kind of even to remain relevant, use it as a tool to get money and notoriety

- Politicians need votes, so they want to jumpo on board and be seen as championing civil rights.

2) African Amercians use this to justify the message being sold to them by the exploiters, this kind of event is a kind of confirmation that the hidden hand of the white man is holding them down - while this is furthest from the truth.

3) Opportunists are everywhere in this, coming in from out of town, it was only a matter of time before Trayvion Martin's parents sought this family out, after all its time to get back into the news, get some interviews, more notoriety. Black Panthers, NAACP come in to fan the flames as its now fund raising time, get some relevancy time. Same with Holder, this is just a means to an alternate end later.

Basically you have a handful of people and groups who subsist on selling fear and suspiciion to the ignorant, who eagerly gobble it up while their real problems remain in place, ignored by all including themselves.

Is there anything worse than the world losing an aspiring rapper ? :(

I saw a twitter quote from a current hip hop artist, I forget his name, but he is one of those that is about positive stuff. It said:

Dear Hip Hop, we can't scream "murder, misogyny, lawlessness" in our music & then turn around and ask for equality & justice.

Of course he got lambasted and called an Uncle Tom.

How many black kids have been shot to death in Chicago since this story broke?

How many FBI agents has Holder sent to investigate those? Has Holder made any trips to Chicago to express his concern and outrage?

How many black kids have been shot to death in Chicago since this story broke?

How many FBI agents has Holder sent to investigate those? Has Holder made any trips to Chicago to express his concern and outrage?

While your logic is sound and the message very important, it does not support the narrative being sold here. Only those lives lost to a white man are wortthy of mention, lives lost to other black people are ok, no worries.

While your logic is sound and the message very important, it does not support the narrative being sold here. Only those lives lost to a white man are wortthy of mention, lives lost to other black people are ok, no worries.

Ray-cist

If a black cop shot a white kid, who would us whities have to turn to for some outrage?

Jerry Seinfeld?

John McCain?

If a black cop shot a white kid, who would us whities have to turn to for some outrage?

Jerry Seinfeld?

John McCain?

Unpossible, we have accepted something called accountability for our actions, outrage would not transpire where some white kid did something really stupid, we would just note that the kid did something really stupid and move on

Unpossible, we have accepted something called accountability for our actions, outrage would not transpire where some white kid did something really stupid, we would just note that the kid did something really stupid and move on

Exactly.

My definition of something stupid worth being shot and killed is probably a lot different than yours

I think there is a long history in this town though of race issues which may have made things worse. Just something I had read yesterday on that part.

That and what ray said...because that is the way media will first play it and everyone will play off of that.

Well...Id guess it has more to do with being shot by an authority vs. being shot by another civilian...

My definition of something stupid worth being shot and killed is probably a lot different than yours

I suspect you are correct, my list would be pretty short of course, hitting a cop, running at him, expecially with a knife or other weapon would be a good way to get shot I think, and anytime you get shot you have a reasponable expectation of dying. Therefore, pretty much anyone with a gun is someone I am going to make an effort to not fock with, getting shot = bad day.

I think there is a long history in this town though of race issues which may have made things worse. Just something I had read yesterday on that part.

That and what ray said...because that is the way media will first play it and everyone will play off of that.

Long history of black thugs punching white cops in the eye?

Well...Id guess it has more to do with being shot by an authority vs. being shot by another civilian...

Not really, getting shot is getting shot. If, by way of example, you were to tell me you shot some teenager because he assaulted you, I am not going to challenge you on that. dumsh!t kid should not be assulting anyone, especially if that kid knew you were armed. Darwinism in action really, dont be stupid, you lessen your chances of dying young.

Not really, getting shot is getting shot. If, by way of example, you were to tell me you shot some teenager because he assaulted you, I am not going to challenge you on that. dumsh!t kid should not be assulting anyone, especially if that kid knew you were armed. Darwinism in action really, dont be stupid, you lessen your chances of dying young.

Exactly x2.

Sure. But what is ever going to gain more attention from the feds. A cop shooting someone that led to a riot.

Or kids in the streets shooting each other?

The first one...no matter what race the people are.

I agree the kid shouldn't have assaulted the officer and has a lot of fault in this. I also agree that if the kid was charging him before he fired (after the shot in the car of course), that the officer had every right to shoot (considering I don't believe he had a non-lethal form of protection).

Sure. But what is ever going to gain more attention from the feds. A cop shooting someone that led to a riot.

I agree the kid shouldn't have assaulted the officer and has a lot of fault in this. I also agree that if the kid was charging him before he fired (after the shot in the car of course), that the officer had every right to shoot (considering I don't believe he had a non-lethal form of protection).

Partially true, there are no shortage of examples of white males are varying ages being shot by African American cops, and in some instances those cops were found culpa ble, and the locality had to spend millions to pay off the family.

You see, race only matters if the victim is black, the only time people can derive value is from a dead young black male, and most notably at the hands of anything other than a black male. We know about Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown because there are people who can exploit the situation for personal gain, and so this is how it rolls.

Jerry Seinfeld?

John McCain?

Anthony Cumia.

I know a white kid, real bad ass. Neck tats and is into MMA.

Punched a cop, a detective right in the face.

Spent a couple months in prison.

Thank you liberal judge Jennings.

if you're going to do something really stupid. Make sure you do it in Massachusetts

Whole lot o' the fake outrage in this thread...

you think that's bad, you should see the streets of Ferguson

you think that's bad, you should see the streets of Ferguson

The Geek Club is FFT's very own Ferguson, only full of crying ladies. :lol:

The Geek Club is FFT's very own Ferguson, only full of crying ladies. :lol:

maybe you could use your tampon to dry your tears

the shooting didn't start the riots, the false "gentle giant assassinated by racist white cop" narrative did.

maybe you could use your tampon to dry your tears

40+ posts of b1tch. :(

Media: " Hey coach! How do you feel about the defenses execution?"

Coach: "I'm all for it!".

John Mckay. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Long history of black thugs stealing cigars and manhandling Habib the convenience store clerk?

Gov. of MO says there needs to be a "vigorous prosecution" in this case.

Good to see he isn't jumping the gun and fanning the flames.

Gov. of MO says there needs to be a "vigorous prosecution" in this case.

Good to see he isn't jumping the gun and fanning the flames.

I think it would ne in appropriate to prosecute the dead boy for assaulting the cop, hopefully they don't go down that path.