Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

I have 8 RB's on my roster

I have 3 stud WR's and a good back up, I am positioning myself for the kill. 3 of my RB's out of the 8 will be no brainer starters

Based on history, at least half of those 8 will be busts and not on your team by week 7. Two will underperform where you drafted them. One will perform okay, but in a PPR league there will be a half dozen WR's you could have drafted in that spot that will outperform said RB at that flex spot. And ONE will do well for you.

Congrats on going 6 - 7 this year. :)

Hmmm, thanks for your knowledge KSB2424

I hardly doubt it on the 6 - 7

Here is my team and why I am doing this.

Romo, Tannihell

Foster, CJ1, Rice, Moreno, DMAC, J.Stew, A.Bradshaw, Helu

Dez, AJ Green, E. Saunders, S.Smith

Vernon Davis

Pats.

My 1st 4 RB's are starters... the rest are lottery tickets. Yes some will pan out and some will flop. Mainly going to stash them incase Foster does get hurt, or Rice does lose a lot of touches ( He being the receiving back it doesn't really matter in PPR ) I think CJ1 will always be an ok # 2. Also RB's are so unpredictable and get hurt, these back ups could be a huge commodity in trade value.

I would rather have crappy RB's over crappy WR's not trying to impress. I am projected to have 175 points this week with my starters ... I wouldn't sat any of that is crappy

I would rather have crappy RB's over crappy WR's not trying to impress. I am projected to have 175 points this week with my starters ... I wouldn't sat any of that is crappy

Whoa. 175?! No way!!! :shocking:

any more opinions guys?!?

Anyone wanna bet the under over of 175?!?

Can we set up a website where we can track, weekly, the progress of this monster team with 8 rbs?!?

I'm really really really vested into this guys, please keep this thread going, please...

• Like 1

With all the articles about 'the best strategy per se there is little discussion about fitting the strategy with your aptitude s and league dynamics.

Loading up on rbs and wire scavenging for wrs is a valid strategy

Some of you guys crack me up... There is about 5 or 6 WR's that are about the same with little upside on the WW. These guys aren't one injury away from being really good.. My as said crappy bench RB's will be. Sure I will dump a few back to the wauver wire along the way if I have to. Maybe they will become bargaining chips.. They all catch the ball and will be involved even if there isn't an injurys infront of them.. Which could serve as a good bye week flex

Im fully in support of having 8 rbs. In my 10tm yahoo leagues I have nothing but rbs on my bench. Every other position is easy WW fill in. In fact, id even cut Tannehil and add another rb!

The second highest projection for my league this week is 158

They should hand you the title right now. cancul da season!

projections are always spot on.

Where the average score is 400...

My sister had a problem with hoarding. Sometimes she couldn't even get around her house.

Yo sister is so fat that she looked up cheat codes for Wii Fit

Hmmm, thanks for your knowledge KSB2424

I hardly doubt it on the 6 - 7

Here is my team and why I am doing this.

Romo, Tannihell

Foster, CJ1, Rice, Moreno, DMAC, J.Stew, A.Bradshaw, Helu

Dez, AJ Green, E. Saunders, S.Smith

Vernon Davis

Pats.

My 1st 4 RB's are starters... the rest are lottery tickets. Yes some will pan out and some will flop. Mainly going to stash them incase Foster does get hurt, or Rice does lose a lot of touches ( He being the receiving back it doesn't really matter in PPR ) I think CJ1 will always be an ok # 2. Also RB's are so unpredictable and get hurt, these back ups could be a huge commodity in trade value.

That's a fine strategy but when you say "some will pan out" are you just referring to the last 4?

Because of:

McFadden - one 1,000 yard season out of 6

Stewart - 15 total GP the last 2 years

Bradshaw - current backup that has had injuries

Helu - behind a seemingly sturdy top-12 RB

I'd consider yourself lucky if one of them pans out. Plus pretty much all of your first 4 have bust potential as well. So of the 8, maybe 3 will pan out. So as long as you don't drop any of them before they do pan out (which happens a lot) then you'll be in good shape.

I drafted 7 RBs weeks ago then added a 8th but since dropped Michael, Miller, Grimes. I added and dropped Blount(might pick him back up) but I'm now left with Bell, Johnson, Sankey, AWill, and Freeman.

I see it different

I was trying not to troll you like everyone else but you're not making it easy.

So you think (at least) 2 of those 4 will pan out? Do you have the powerball numbers too?

Dude what are you talking about ? I went WR , WR to start... You have to collect a bunch of RB's to make it work... I like foster, I like CJ and I like Rice. i think Moreno, Bradshaw, Helu and DMAC have great upside !

Don't sweat the trolls... You admitted the latter 4 are lottery tickets and could have some payout. Like most lottery tickets you can't expect to win but you could get a little something back or potentially hit it big. really more likely to get bupkis tho... but you don't win if you don't play and it's not like you are relying on them for any production

basically I have a very solid starting line up.... just chose to load up my bench with RB's. Being PPR in think CJ and Rice will put up # 2 #'s and I think Foster will be a low# 1 as long as he is on the field. Having super studs at WR my RB's, just need to be average to just above average to compete. mmmmkkkkayyyyy

Dude what are you talking about ? I went WR , WR to start... You have to collect a bunch of RB's to make it work...

Yes you do. You also have to make sure the ones that end up being good are actually still on your roster once that happens.

Don't sweat the trolls... You admitted the latter 4 are lottery tickets and could have some payout. Like most lottery tickets you can't expect to win but you could get a little something back or potentially hit it big. really more likely to get bupkis tho... but you don't win if you don't play and it's not like you are relying on them for any production

The latter 4 was what my question was about. He originally said "some will pan out" so I was asking if he was only referring to those 4, since he'd be lucky if 1 of them did and "some" clearly implies more than one. He never really answered my question though, just kept talking about how awesome his team was.

Sorry I was talking about my starters too as far as hoping a few work out.... believe me I have been around long enough to know there is a good chance none of these last 4 work out, then again there is a chance some will. After about 3 or 4 weeks guys will already start getting hurt. I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks of my team. I am just offering up something that might help someone.... my point is.... more than ever you need to load up on RB's. If you think you don't then you are an idiot