Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Week 1: What Studs Are You Benching?

The old rule says never bench your studs...

But these types of moves can make you look like a genius or an idiot. Which of your studs are you considering benching this week?

Considering Justin Hunter over Mike Wallace (Wallace on Revis Island).

Travis Kelce over Kyle Rudolph (Kelce awesome preseason, no Bowe, great matchup/Rudolph with a very tough matchup)

Who else is rolling the dice this week?

Wallace isn't a stud. (barely top 25 WR last year...might crack top 20 this year)

Rudolph isn't yet a stud.

If history is any indicator, whoever I bench will be a stud. At least for that week.

Keenan Allen vs Patrick Peterson. Sitting him for TY Hilton in one league and Crabtree in another. Call me crazy but I like the shootout potential for indy and I aint touchin Peterson.

Wallace sucks, watch Wheaton become Wallace this year.

I have two of the mentions, Wallace and Allen. One for Boldin and one for Floyd. But neither one counts for the "never bench your studs" theory.

Keenan Allen vs Patrick Peterson. Sitting him for TY Hilton in one league and Crabtree in another. Call me crazy but I like the shootout potential for indy and I aint touchin Peterson.

You might want to watch the reports on Crabtree. Saw something about his status being up in the air.

I like Hilton. Indy was a sound road team last year and I see a potential shootout as well.

Don't know why you're so scared of Peterson, though. That D is going to struggle. With no pass rush he can't cover all day.

I was thinking about sitting Keenan Allen, but I dunno. Some numbers on Peterson, excerpted from a CBS fantasy blurb:

"Coming off his breakout rookie year, Chargers wideout Keenan Allen opens the season Monday night in Arizona where he'll see plenty of the league's highest-paid cornerback. Patrick Peterson likely will shadow Allen all over the field.

But Peterson isn't unbeatable. Last year he allowed 688 receiving yards, seven touchdowns, a 54.4 percent completion rate and a 91.3 passer rating on throws to his coverage area. Compare that to Seattle's Richard Sherman (348 yards, 1 TD, 50.9 percent completions, 36.2 rating)."

That's still really good--only ~40 yards/game--but not insane. Obviously if you're sitting on dynasty team with three super-studs, sit Allen, but I think it's reasonable to play him over a clearly subpar option talent-wise.

The other thing is that it's week 1. Whatever happened last year shouldn't be discounted, but what this year is going to look like could be a lot different. I rarely bench any guys I drafted highly in week 1, because evaluating their situations based on last year means I could be working on some really out of date information.

The old rule says never bench your studs...

But these types of moves can make you look like a genius or an idiot. Which of your studs are you considering benching this week?

Considering Justin Hunter over Mike Wallace (Wallace on Revis Island).

Travis Kelce over Kyle Rudolph (Kelce awesome preseason, no Bowe, great matchup/Rudolph with a very tough matchup)

Who else is rolling the dice this week?

I am rolling with all my starters on all four of my teams

I somehow ended up with Jordy in 3 leagues. I'm benching him for Floyd in one of them. Considering benching him in another for either Floyd or Patterson. Also will roll out Rodgers, but very tempted to start Romo instead.

I somehow ended up with Jordy in 3 leagues. I'm benching him for Floyd in one of them. Considering benching him in another for either Floyd or Patterson. Also will roll out Rodgers, but very tempted to start Romo instead.

I love Romo this week for 3 tds. I would prob keep jordy in there tho.

I really might bench Jordy for VJax or Maclin.

Well "studs" was a loosely used term here as there are very few true studs in fantasy football. It's just the term that gets tossed around so often. This is basically what usual starters you don't feel great about this week are you pulling out of the starting lineup for lower projected guys you feel could outperform.