Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

NFLPA HGH Tentative agreement reached - Breaking news.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports a "tentative agreement" over the use of third-party arbitration for appeals of PED and HGH violations that were not caused by a positive test has been reached.

In other words, Roger Goodell would give up the power to unilaterally rule on suspension appeals related to situations like the BALCO or Biogenesis cases. Though this agreement clears one major hurdle in the negotiation process, the two sides still need to hash out how to deal with players charged with but not convicted of DUIs. Even though obstacles remain, the general feeling is a deal is close, with one source telling Pro Football Talk, "I'm expecting an announcement at any time."

This is pretty wild. Going to change the outlook for a lot of fantasy teams this year if this thing actually happens. As a freshly minted Gordon dynasty owner, I would like to subscribe to this newsletter.

Sounds like this is going to happen. Owners and NFLPA are on the same side for once. Nice to see.

If Gordon gets cleared before tomorrow, does he play?

If so, does he automatically become a WR1 and a must start?

If Gordon gets cleared before tomorrow, does he play?

If so, does he automatically become a WR1 and a must start?

He might play but it's a very risky move even if he does.

I would throw him in a flex spot in my PPR.

He might play but it's a very risky move even if he does.

I would throw him in a flex spot in my PPR.

He played a ton in pre season. I don't see the risk.

I'd still be shocked if this all gets reversed. Unreal.

HIGHLY doubt he would play tomorrow. And even if he does, I would not start him.

With that being said.... I HOPE TO HELL he gets at least a reduction!!!! Praying hard...

Just the thought of Cobb, AJ Green and Gordon in my lineup weekly in my PPR league makes me lightheaded from blood loss. :wub:

Gordon, Julio, Marshall, Gronk, Lynch.

I'm feeling the same way you are!

• Like 1

Demaryius Thomas, Cobb, Harvin, and potentially Gordon to choose from each week in a PPR league?!? I'll be in heaven

Could potentially swing a great trade after my week 4 bye issue too!!

He played a ton in pre season. I don't see the risk.

I'd still be shocked if this all gets reversed. Unreal.

I took a chance and picked him up Thursday, but I would temper enthusiasm to start the season. From what I read, he didn't really try in camp or practice so even if there's a complete lift of the ban I doubt he is in game shape right now.

Just the thought of Cobb, AJ Green and Gordon in my lineup weekly in my PPR league makes me lightheaded from blood loss. :wub:

Those are my guys too! All hail our conquering weed hero.
  • Like 1

I took a chance and picked him up Thursday, but I would temper enthusiasm to start the season. From what I read, he didn't really try in camp or practice so even if there's a complete lift of the ban I doubt he is in game shape right now.

He seems to have an Allen Iverson attitude towards practice. He'll be fine.

Don't get too excited guys - if Gordan tested positive prior to March he is still out regardless of the agreement.

Don't get too excited guys - if Gordan tested positive prior to March he is still out regardless of the agreement.

Unless of course that is part of their negotiations. Lots of factors at play.

NFLPA specifically said they are looking to overturn Josh Gordon's suspension. So irrelevant if it happened in March or not.

My gut feel is that this is happening..

News of the failed test dropped prior to the draft in May. Odds are its after March.

News of the failed test could come out anytime - doubtful he failed it and it was immediately reported - I know you're hoping but come on.

News of the failed test could come out anytime - doubtful he failed it and it was immediately reported - I know you're hoping but come on.

I am a newly minted Josh Gordon owner and agree with you and there is a lot of wishful thinking going on. Hey I'll take Gordon to go with Megatron but I do not have my hopes up

• Like 1

Lets say his suspension is overturned for the weed incident. I wonder how is DUI is handled. I would guess it wouldnt be a factor in 2014, similar to pitt players?

OK, finally read that paragraph closely, where in there does this indicate good news for prior offenders? Or even a new threshold?

all this says is Roger isn't the sole decider which is great news but doesn't move the case of Welker and Gordon or what am I missing here with all the excitement? I think your thread tittle is totally misleading too, they agreed on one point having nothing to do with really anything other than who is in charge

Seems like progress & good news, but two concerns remain:

They did not mention anything about marijauna or Gordon's situation, so it's speculation based on previous linkings of those issues to HGH agreements.

There is still a huge hurdle to overcome. This hurdle is another thing that might keep Gordon on the sidelines, even if the marijauna thing works out somehow.

But now the primary impediment has become the league’s request that it be able to impose a suspension for player DUI arrests before the legal case is resolved. (So much for "due process") It’s a non-starter for the NFLPA, and it’s an issue the league should quickly abandon, if it truly wants to get a deal done sooner than later.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/06/league-union-strike-tentative-deal-on-hgh-appeals/

I think your thread tittle is totally misleading too

Yeah...he didn't change one jot or one tittle......until all be fulfilled!

Yeah...he didn't change one jot or one tittle......until all be fulfilled!

Oh spell check police?

Oh spell check police?

Nah, just thought the inadvertent Scriptural reference (Matthew 5:19) created by the typo was interesting.....or providential?

I've got both Gordon and Welker on the bench with Randle and Brandin Cooks starting.

If Welkers suspension was lifted, he could be a game time decision still being in "concussion protocol". Back to practice is a great sign.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/02/welker-back-practice-concussion/14952193/

Demaryius Thomas, Cobb, Harvin, and potentially Gordon to choose from each week in a PPR league?!? I'll be in heaven

Could potentially swing a great trade after my week 4 bye issue too!!

Dez, Julio, Andre, and Josh, one word........unstoppable.

Here is the link to the article about possibly overturning the suspensions .....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11471429/nflpa-wants-new-policy-reverse-drug-suspensions

...and the relevant quote ....

NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith told a Washington radio station Friday that, in talks with the NFL about a new policy for performance-enhancing drugs, the union will seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year but are based retroactively to the previous policy.

"We don't want players to suffer because the union and league couldn't get it done before the league year," Smith told 106.7 The Fan, adding that the union would not agree to any policy that punishes players on simply being arrested.

If Gordon comes back and Johnny Cleveland gets the starting job, that would be one of the most exciting and unlikable QB/WR pairs in recent memory. People would watch the Browns just because they hate the out of those two and want to see them die on the field.

lol i dont think people have an unhealthy hate for gordon though, he's just a pot head

We'll see... if this happens he'll unbalance many fantasy football leagues. Much cursing and gnashing of teeth will ensue.