Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Am I crazy to start Eli over Stafford?

eli looks solid and is goin against arguably the worse D coming into there second road game of season. Buffalo Defense is solid but Lions at home on the turf with no Joquie may benefit them. Eli could go nuts on ATL and they tend to throw a lot in the redzone. Am I crazy or what

Go with Stafford. BUF has a better run defense, and with Bush looking like the only back to get significant touches, doubt Detroit runs it too much.

ATL on the other hand can't stop the run. Probably a huge game for Jennings and maybe Williams gets into the action too. Eli has looked better the last few weeks, and I doubt ATL will be able to force him into any mistakes....but he's still Eli.

Not crazy at all. Not in the least. Atlanta has no pass rush and Eli will hit Cruz and Randle all afternoon long if he's not hurried. The only downside is Jennings should have a great day as well. Stafford should be good for a couple of TD's though. Calvin is MUCH larger than the defensive backs he'll be facing this weekend. Gilmore is listed as 6'1, but I've seen him listed at 6'0 too. McKelvin is VERY generously listed as being 5'10. Considering the Bills linebacker unit is pretty weak without Kiko, I expect the middle of the field to be open for either the TE, RB or 2nd WR as well.

I have the same decision and was leaning Eli for some reason. I have Tate and figure I would play him since CJ was still hurting. I also have Jennings though and hope for a huge game. I am so confused maybe the weather will suck in NY and I will go with the dome QB.

eli looks solid and is goin against arguably the worse D coming into there second road game of season. Buffalo Defense is solid but Lions at home on the turf with no Joquie may benefit them. Eli could go nuts on ATL and they tend to throw a lot in the redzone. Am I crazy or what

Yes

I'd still go Stafford... Coughlin likes to run and they should be able to run at will.

Eli should have a good day maybe 230 and 2 TDs, but that is pretty much Stafford's floor...

94% of sites are recommending you start Stafford over Eli.

So yeah, you would be a little crazy to do it.

I still don't think it would be "crazy". I don't know that their numbers will be vastly different either way. Atlanta's defense is on the verge of being historically bad. The Bills have done an "ok" job against similar offenses. Cutler and Rivers both had two TD's against them and I would expect Stafford does something similar. Either guy could have 260 yards and 3 TD's. I actually believe the floor is the same for both this weekend, but the upside is definitely in favor of Eli. Whether he wants to or not, he should be able to accidentally complete a couple TD's to his guys based only on Atlanta having nobody on defense worth rostering. Think about this; Is there anyone on the Atlanta defense you would want on your hometown team? Anyone? Bueller? Buuueeelllller???

I really like Eli this week and going forward. He and Stafford are like 50/50 this week IMO. ATL's defense is that bad.

What about Eli vs Big Ben though? I have both and can't decide between the two.

I would say Big Ben. Jax can put up points on that awful Pitt D and Antonio Brown should have a field day

I really like Eli this week and going forward. He and Stafford are like 50/50 this week IMO. ATL's defense is that bad.

What about Eli vs Big Ben though? I have both and can't decide between the two.

Stafford is playing Buffalo.

Orton WILL turn the ball over. This will set up the Detroit offense with good field position. Increases likelihood of a TD.

Buffalo D will be on the field A LOT as the offense struggles to move the ball.

Start Stafford, and don't sweat it.

Stafford is by far the safer bet. Who knows which Eli will show up this weekend. Play the odds....

I think I'm going to start Eli over Foles this week.

Right decision?

Eli at home vs Atl

or

Foles at home vs Stl

:unsure:

I think I'm going to start Eli over Foles this week.

Right decision?

Eli at home vs Atl

or

Foles at home vs Stl

:unsure:

I like it. STL won't be easy pickins coming off a bye, and ATL's def blows.

Sure thing! I may be biased though because I just traded Foles for Eli... :banana:

I'm a Giants fan and am pretty excited about his potential in this new offense!

Go Giants!

:banana:

Go with your instinct. That's the beauty of Fantasy Football. I can guarantee you there will be no sites that can predict the top 5 of each position for the week.

Anyone had Kelce as the top TE last week?

Stafford is more likely to put up points than Eli. If Eli hadn't had a huge game last week, would you even be considering starting him?

Why would you be crazy? Haven't you seen Eli get better and better the past 3 weeks getting used to a new system?

lol 2 weeks ago everybody was busy laughing at Eli and insisting he was a washed up scrub or that he was never good. The 2 SBs are complete flukes we were told. People started called INTs "Elis".

Now all of a sudden everyone is acting like he's a top fantasy QB and that beatdown against the Redskins is just the norm.

Pretty absurd.

He's a top 10 FF QB after 4 weeks. I don't consider that a fluke. And he has a great schedule left.

Sorry, but I'm buying in.

I benched Rodgers for him tonight. As soon as I heard Ponder would get the start I benched him, the rain was the cherry on top. Hopefully it doesnt come back to bite me.

Call me crazy hahaha

Seems like half of Lions WRs are hurt specifically Tate(hammy) and CJ(ankle) so I am really leaning Eli.

How'd that work out for ya?

Rodgers only threw for 150 yards, the 3 TDs in a 4pt league is only okay, but a standard 300 yard game is going to just about by itself match Rodgers day, and with a couple of TDs it would outperform him.

I started Luck over Rodgers and I'm not sweating it. I did start Rodgers where I didn't have Luck.

..another Eli choice, would you start him over Ryan?

Ryan's history of not playing well on the road in outdoor stadiums has become something to consider. The Falcons don't have a D. The Giants seem to have found theirs.