Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***OFFICIAL Royals v Orioles ALCS Series Thread***

So I woke up today and this ###### is still real!

KC has a seven game postseason winning streak. :thumbsup:

I thought the angels would smoke KC. Team of Destiny?

The Royals speed is their biggest weapon against the O's. They will need to put up bunches of runs. The O's will put up 7 or more in at least 4 games. Should be enough.

Hitting can slump; speed doesn't slump timmah

This has all the makings of being a great series.My prediction is the Orioles in 6. I want kC to win, but I think their season ends here. Orioles and their offense will be ti much.

Hitting can slump; speed doesn't slump timmah

They didn't slump vs the Cy Young trio, although the series was a heck of a lot closer than the scores indicate. Speed can kill in close games but it takes many stolen bases to equal a single 3 run homerun. The interesting thing about Oriole park is that it is homerun friendly, while turning doubles into singles. Should be a great series, made better by two great fan bases. The ballparks will be rocking.

Hey all. Just dropping by real quick to congratulate cmh on his Royals getting to the postseason and putting on a hell of a show thus far. I thought of you when the Royals celebrated at home after beating the Angels. Here's hoping they go all the way, they're a lot of fun to watch. :cheers:

To beat the O's in a 7 game series you need really good Pitching to contain the bats of the O's to maybe 3-5 runs and really good hitters to take advantage of a suspect starting pitching staff. As an O's fan not looking past this series as The Royals are tough but for whatever reason only SF or the Nats maybe really scare me.

They didn't slump vs the Cy Young trio, although the series was a heck of a lot closer than the scores indicate. Speed can kill in close games but it takes many stolen bases to equal a single 3 run homerun. The interesting thing about Oriole park is that it is homerun friendly, while turning doubles into singles. Should be a great series, made better by two great fan bases. The ballparks will be rocking.

also 2 of my Favorite ball parks!

Remember at 10 years old my parents going nuts when it was the O's and the Philles in the series... Back then though we Had Guys like Eddie Murray and Jim Palmer :( I got to say the O's got no Pitcher to match Palmer or even Stone but Nelson Cruz could more than hold his own with anyone on that team

So yeah James Shields (14-8, 3.21 ERA,180 Ks), Danny Duffy (9-12, 2.53, 113), Yordano Ventura (14-10, 3.20, 159) and Jason Vargas (11-10, 3.71, 128) for a 4-man rotation should make it interesting. And if we just get to the 6th, Finnegan, Herrera, Davis and Holland have all been lights out over the last couple months. The O's are certainly one of the best hitting teams in the league, but the Royals have pitching, defense and speed which is why they are where they are.

So yeah James Shields (14-8, 3.21 ERA,180 Ks), Danny Duffy (9-12, 2.53, 113), Yordano Ventura (14-10, 3.20, 159) and Jason Vargas (11-10, 3.71, 128) for a 4-man rotation should make it interesting. And if we just get to the 6th, Finnegan, Herrera, Davis and Holland have all been lights out over the last couple months. The O's are certainly one of the best hitting teams in the league, but the Royals have pitching, defense and speed which is why they are where they are.

Royals Pitching is solid - not great -- Royals win IF the O's bats go cold or the the O's pitchers start throwing lolipops over the plate. But then again this is baseball postseason - the better team for the season rarely wins EVER.

Royals starting pitching is solid, Royals bullpen is the best in baseball :)

You really can't be a baseball fan and NOT want to watch this series.

Two great bullpens. I will take the Royals starters over the Os, but both of their rotations are similar and solid. It just comes down to speed vs. power.

I want to take the Royals, but something tells me it's the Os year. It kind of has to be because the team will probably be blown up next year. The Royals, however, could have a budding dynasty.

Os in 7.

You really can't be a baseball fan and NOT want to watch this series.

Two great bullpens. I will take the Royals starters over the Os, but both of their rotations are similar and solid. It just comes down to speed vs. power.

I want to take the Royals, but something tells me it's the Os year. It kind of has to be because the team will probably be blown up next year. The Royals, however, could have a budding dynasty.

Os in 7.

This :thumbsup: except O's in 6.

I'm going with Royals in 4, maybe 5 to celebrate at the K!

I am just happy to see some parity in general, some other teams getting into it makes the sport better and more interesting, that being said baseball is still the suck. If baseball could get more of a variety of teams into the mix every year they would make more money, the players would then make more money, but MLBPA is too short sighted to see that.

I'm going with Royals in 4, maybe 5 to celebrate at the K!

If they lose this series you can blame me as I've yet to win a futures bet and once again I have our Royals winning the AL and WS.

Of course I'm hoping my luck is about to change.

O's in no less than 5 games!

Os in 3. :bandana:

Dan Duquette proving once and for all.

Dude is a focking baseball genius.

Put together the main pieces of the 1st team in 86 years to win the world series in Boston and now takes the lowly Orioles to the playoffs 2 years in a row after not being there for 15 years?

so where are you all watching the game tomorrow?

Os in 3. :bandana:

I thought the ALCS was a 7 game series............ OOOOOOOOOOOOOO the O's are so good they will spank them so badly 3 games the Royals just quit... I gotcha now

I thought the ALCS was a 7 game series............ OOOOOOOOOOOOOO the O's are so good they will spank them so badly 3 games the Royals just quit... I gotcha now

Orioles magic. :banana:

How old were you guys last time these guys won the WS?

KC won in 85, and Orioles in 83. I was 10 in 83......long time ago. Will be happy if either of these two can win the WS.

If you aren't watching this ###### you are the ghey

NTTAWWT

3 straight walks OMG. Royals deserve the game - biggest choke job by a top reliver I have seen in a long time. 12 straight balls............. n counting and they won't pull him. Jaw is dropped I can't believe the choke by the pitcher AND the coach not pulling him

bases loaded -- noone out the piched WALKS the bases loaded - and they get out of it. WOW. Go O's!!!

Dude I told you our bulllpen hasn't just been good, they have been historic

What a night for Gordo,bases clearing double plus these two gems