Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

Bergdahl desertion investigation complete. And the verdict is........

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who disappeared from his base in Afghanistan in 2009 but was released last year in a prisoner swap with the Taliban, will be charged with desertion, according to NBC.

The television network, citing senior defense officials, said the charges could come within a week.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-armys-bergdahl-face-desertion-charges-nbc-153701502.html

So Baker Boy's claim that he's been charged was a lie.

Stunner! :overhead:

When do we get the Taliban terrorists back ?

When they arrive to splode themselves on us.....

We should've just let him die. He is probably a deserter and that's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

We should've just let him die. He is probably a deserter and that's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Much smarter to send out real soldiers to die looking for this deserter, and then pay a ransom of 5 high-level terrorists for him.

I wonder how many innocent people those 5 terrorists will end up killing now that they are free.

Much smarter to send out real soldiers to die looking for this deserter, and then pay a ransom of 5 high-level terrorists for him.

I wonder how many innocent people those 5 terrorists will end up killing now that they are free.

I would rather have him in hand, and make him accountable for what he did that led to their deaths. Trading the subhumans to get him was too high a cost though.....

the guy is a ###### for not talking to his family after all they did to secure his release.

he deserted his brothers and his country, and you're surprised he deserted his parents ?

the guy is a ###### for not talking to his family after all they did to secure his release.

He prolly didn't reimburse them for all the money they had to donate to Obama's re-election to get him released.

I would rather have him in hand, and make him accountable for what he did that led to their deaths. Trading the subhumans to get him was too high a cost though.....

Any reasonable person would respond this way. Minus the last sentence, which is debatable. We don't leave soldiers behind and imo its gotta hurt a whole helluva lot more than "meh, we'd rather not" to leave a guy in the hands of the enemy after we've wrapped up the war and moved on

Any reasonable person would respond this way. Minus the last sentence, which is debatable. We don't leave soldiers behind and imo its gotta hurt a whole helluva lot more than "meh, we'd rather not" to leave a guy in the hands of the enemy after we've wrapped up the war and moved on

The minute he chose to desert his fellow soldiers and join the enemy is the minute we should stop worrying about getting him back.

Shoulda droned his ass.

The minute he chose to desert his fellow soldiers and join the enemy is the minute we should stop worrying about getting him back.

Shoulda droned his ass.

Just a ridiculously stupid and short sighted thought process from you

And then claim the Army is holding a report to help a political party.

Report was finished before the election, and held until now.

You don't think charging him with desertion wouldn't have hurt Obama in the election? Please tell us you aren't that dumb.

We had no idea whether he was kidnapped, lost, some PTSD headcase or an outright deserter after a years long military investigation and he still hasn't been charged.

You just don't dump our men in uniform like Mrs RP and the kids dumped their deadbeat dad. :nono:

Shoulda droned his ass.

How does this jibe with you're fervish support for Anwar al-Awlaki's rights the day Obummer blew his ass up?

Oh, of course. Silly me. It does jibe and is consistent. In each and every instance, your support is always the exact opposite of whatever it is Obummer did.

• Like 1

I understand wanting him back and trying to find him. Even to the point that five good soldiers were lost searching for a bad one. Because the honorable thing is don't abandon him even after he abandons you.

What I don't understand is why it's OK to negotiate with hostage takers and pay their ransom in Bergdahl's case and yet it's not OK to do so for Peter Kassig, Steven Sotloff and others. It's nuts.

I fully understand the argument to never pay the bribe since this is my position. The terrorists shouldn't be rewarded for taking hostages. That said, I can also understand the counter-argument to always pay the bribe money because I want these people safe too. So it's a bit conflicted.

What I don't understand is why -of all the people captured- it was Bergdhal that got special treatment compared to everybody else. Because of all the hostages taken, he's the only one that generated absolute zero sympathy with me. Everybody else -even though in a few cases I think they were incredibly naive and foolish- I do/did have a great deal of sympathy for. Why Bergdahl? Why not Kassig? And what does Team Obummer say to all these other families after they watch him negotiate for the ratsh*t Bergdahl's release but refuse to do so for their loved one? How about some consistency here? Fock.

How does this jibe with you're fervish support for Anwar al-Awlaki's rights the day Obummer blew his ass up?

Oh, of course. Silly me. It does jibe and is consistent. In each and every instance, your support is always the exact opposite of whatever it is Obummer did.

POW! :overhead:

Obama breaking laws to trade 5 high-level terrorists for a deserter. :thumbsdown:

The Governement Accounting Office also issued a report last August which concluded that the administration did in fact violate the law when it failed to notify Congress about the impending prisoner swap as required by law.

The Department of Defense violated section 8111 of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2014 when it transferred five individuals detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the nation of Qatar without providing at least 30-days notice to certain congressional committees,” the Government Accountability Office said in response to a letter from Republican lawmakers, including Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell, the minority leader, and Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby.

Ret. Army Lt. Col. Tony Schaffer, who

Monday, says that the White House doesn’t want Bergdahl prosecuted, and was trying to delay release of the news.

“This is shaping up to be a titanic struggle behind the scenes,” Shaffer, a long-time critic of US policies in Afghanistan, told Fox News. He also said that two separate military sources have told him that Bergdahl’s attorney has been given a “charge sheet,” listing out the articles of the uniform military code that have been violated.

http://news.yahoo.com/bowe-bergdahl-face-desertion-charges-why-white-house-192853420.html

I understand wanting him back and trying to find him. Even to the point that five good soldiers were lost searching for a bad one. Because the honorable thing is don't abandon him even after he abandons you.

What I don't understand is why it's OK to negotiate with hostage takers and pay their ransom in Bergdahl's case and yet it's not OK to do so for Peter Kassig, Steven Sotloff and others. It's nuts.

I fully understand the argument to never pay the bribe since this is my position. The terrorists shouldn't be rewarded for taking hostages. That said, I can also understand the counter-argument to always pay the bribe money because I want these people safe too. So it's a bit conflicted.

What I don't understand is why -of all the people captured- it was Bergdhal that got special treatment compared to everybody else. Because of all the hostages taken, he's the only one that generated absolute zero sympathy with me. Everybody else -even though in a few cases I think they were incredibly naive and foolish- I do/did have a great deal of sympathy for. Why Bergdahl? Why not Kassig? And what does Team Obummer say to all these other families after they watch him negotiate for the ratsh*t Bergdahl's release but refuse to do so for their loved one? How about some consistency here? Fock.

Kassig wasn't a soldier. I wish they could've gotten him back too but it is a different situation.

Kassig wasn't a soldier. I wish they could've gotten him back too but it is a different situation.

Doesn't the same logic apply to reach the same conclusion? If you meet ransom demands you will get your person back but in the process put everybody else in the future at risk of kidnapping for money/prisoners. Why does that logic cut one way for Bergdahl but cut a different way for Kassig? Because of Bergdahl, aren't future soldiers/deserters now at a greater risk of kidnapping even more so than future journalists and future aid workers?

Doesn't the same logic apply to reach the same conclusion? If you meet ransom demands you will get your person back but in the process put everybody else in the future at risk of kidnapping for money/prisoners. Why does that logic cut one way for Bergdahl but cut a different way for Kassig? Because of Bergdahl, aren't future soldiers/deserters now at a greater risk of kidnapping even more so than future journalists and future aid workers?

Soldiers are always at risk for being taken prisoner, aren't they?

Soldiers are always at risk for being taken prisoner, aren't they?

No. Unlike journalists and aid workers, they're usually shot immediately. This exception proves the rule.

Now they are prize abductees. Abushes will be disgned to capture/not kill them. And while they are waiting a few months/years for a package of five terrorists to be put together to get them released, they get to be waterboarded, rectally fed, beat, kept chained to the floor or cold cells in total darkness.

focking stupid liberal ideology. It's a cancer on our society.

And how is it a liberal thing to not leave soldiers behind? Silly me I thought that was an American thing :doh:

And how is it a liberal thing to not leave soldiers behind? Silly me I thought that was an American thing :doh:

The reality is we should have brought Bergdahl back, but Obama's admin once again failed to vet the situation (as they always do). If they had properly vetted the situation, they would (1) kept his parents about 1000 miles away from the announcement (2) not traded 5-1 (3) not called him a hero. They bring him back quietly, claim they do not leave soldiers behind under any circumstance and end the discussion. Obama wanted camera time on this and it blew up on him.

The reality is we should have brought Bergdahl back, but Obama's admin once again failed to vet the situation (as they always do). If they had properly vetted the situation, they would (1) kept his parents about 1000 miles away from the announcement (2) not traded 5-1 (3) not called him a hero. They bring him back quietly, claim they do not leave soldiers behind under any circumstance and end the discussion. Obama wanted camera time on this and it blew up on him.

agreed here...they wanted to "win" the press conference and spike the football.

Fair points :thumbsup:

Has Obama done anything that didn't blow up in his face?

That's one.

Quite the resume for a 6 year run. :clap:

Not have skyscrapers blown up on his watch or start a trillion dollar nation building exercise based on lies? :dunno: