Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Ryan Mathews

Finally back.

Last year he ended the year going for 103, 127, 99 and 144 yards. He was on fire when the team needed him the most. This year he has Patriots, Broncos and 49ers for weeks 14, 15 & 16. I'm not sure how much, if any, Oliver will affect Mathews value. Last year he had to deal with Woodhead stealing touches, but it had no bearing.

I don't think the Chargers will "ease" him back into the role. If he's ready to play I think he'll go all out. I'll be starting him with confidence, just wondering if anyone else has hesitation starting him and what you guys think he'll do?

Finally back.

Last year he ended the year going for 103, 127, 99 and 144 yards. He was on fire when the team needed him the most. This year he has Patriots, Broncos and 49ers for weeks 14, 15 & 16. I'm not sure how much, if any, Oliver will affect Mathews value. Last year he had to deal with Woodhead stealing touches, but it had no bearing.

I don't think the Chargers will "ease" him back into the role. If he's ready to play I think he'll go all out. I'll be starting him with confidence, just wondering if anyone else has hesitation starting him and what you guys think he'll do?

I think his easing back in was already done in keeping him out right before the bye week when I think he really sounded like he could have played.

• Like 2

Trying to decide between Mathews and Ellington. Only reluctance I have is workload with Mathews. Speculation is 15 touches....which is fine against the Raiders. Just don't want him on any sort of touch count. Ellington will probably touch the ball 20-25 times....which is hard to bench regardless of opponent.

Guess I'm leaning Mathews. Chargers should score 20+ points.....Cards? Who knows.

My guess for Mathews is about 90 total yards and .6 TDs.

I think he is a very good play this week against the Raiders. I just can't bring myself to play him, because I have Lacy, McCoy, Hill and can only play 2 RBs.

It is certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he has the best week of the bunch.

Trying to decide between Mathews and Ellington. Only reluctance I have is workload with Mathews. Speculation is 15 touches....which is fine against the Raiders. Just don't want him on any sort of touch count. Ellington will probably touch the ball 20-25 times....which is hard to bench regardless of opponent.

Guess I'm leaning Mathews. Chargers should score 20+ points.....Cards? Who knows.

My guess for Mathews is about 90 total yards and .6 TDs.

Tough choice there. Hard to bench him with the touches he's been getting.

Stanton starting @ Arizona versus a pretty good defense WITH a good defense. Should be a low scoring affair where dump offs/screens will be the order of the day.

**Edit: after looking at the numbers RBs have posted against Detroit, I'd go with Ellington.

I'd go Ellington over Matthews as Mathews is an unknown as far as snap count. It's a choice matchup vs Oakland but I have reservations about starting Mathews over a proven top 10 rb. Just saying

Finally back.

If I had him I would roll with him

Currently sitting him in my non-PPR 1 RB/2 WR/1 flex league behind Hill, Mega, Julio, and Emmanuel. I wouldn't mind starting him but just can't see who I would bench from that group.

I am probably more dependent on him coming back than just about anyone. My best back to this point is Ben Tate. I only have to start one RB but it would be nice to have one primary ball carrier to throw in down the stretch. Even with my WRs and Peyton I am still amazed I am in first place with the garbage I have to field at running back. Sadly I had Forsett and lost patience before Baltimore admitted he was miles ahead of Pierce talent wise. :wall:

- only caveat on Mathews today is ... how much burn will he get if the San Diego Super Chargers pull away early?

knowing the kid's history, and fresh off his latest injury .... methinks he cedes work if it gets outta hand :dunno:

owners better hope for Oaktown to keep it somewhat competitive ... not out the question, as evidenced by last meeting.

- only caveat on Mathews today is ... how much burn will he get if the San Diego Super Chargers pull away early?

knowing the kid's history, and fresh off his latest injury .... methinks he cedes work if it gets outta hand :dunno:

owners better hope for Oaktown to keep it somewhat competitive ... not out the question, as evidenced by last meeting.

Excellent post

It's a juicy matchup but all points sign to not 4 quarters of workload

Lynch Alf start

Gore Mathews bench

owners better hope for Oaktown to keep it somewhat competitive ... not out the question, a by last meeting.

I never bench guys cause there could be a blowout. See Lacy last week

Sometimes full 4 quarters of defensive slugfest is much worse for a rb than 3 quarter blowout

The other side of that coin is that maybe they WANT Mathews to play all 4 Quarters to get back into game shape-- esp. against a team like the Raiders

The other side of that coin is that maybe they WANT Mathews to play all 4 Quarters to get back into game shape-- esp. against a team like the Raiders

Ive never heard of anything like this

Especially when it's been reported 15 touches

That's enough for me, he's goes to my bench

But I have options

I'm not sure why they would not play him the entire game, Oliver has not been great lately. Also, I think that if he was not ready to play, they would not play him. As you can tell, I have him and will start him...lol, so I hope I'm right.

Ive never heard of anything like this

Especially when it's been reported 15 touches

That's enough for me, he's goes to my bench

But I have options

I got Jennings or Mathews. I like the matchup. 15 touches is enough for me after trying to field a flex the past several weeks

I never bench guys cause there could be a blowout. See Lacy last week

Sometimes full 4 quarters of defensive slugfest is much worse for a rb than 3 quarter blowout

difference is, Lacy was not returning from a six week injury layoff, like Mathews

difference is, Lacy was not returning from a six week injury layoff, like Mathews

He was returning from the all you can eat buffet, not much difference :dunno:

• Like 1

Dang it looks like a RBBC is happening.

Probably easing him in

6 rushes to 2 for Oliver. It's ok I guess

Why put in Oliver at the goal line? That was dumb coaching.

They are idiots. Hopefully Mathews separates himself so that crap doesn't happen

Pretty sure Mathews just had too many carries at that point and Oliver was in as breathers.

Agree was on pace for like 30 touches

Mathews looks good so far considering he hasn't played since Week 2. Like OP stated, I'd love for another end of the year stretch like last season out of him.

Yep looking real good as gAme goes

Injured again? I just traded for him hoping he'd help on a stretch run..

Only thing I saw was root world saying he was limping but also said knee was wrapped heavily so of course you would limp. Hopefully icing it down