Sign in to follow this  
bfros

AP suspended rest of season

Without pay :pointstosky:

He was getting paid before he did the plea deal.

What a dumb ass

Rusty Hardon is the worst lawyer ever

• Like 1

Goddell is garbage. Needs to be fired. Complete megalomaniac

says everyone that drafted and held onto AP all year :overhead:

says everyone that drafted and held onto AP all year :overhead:

Or worse, people that traded for him a couple weeks back and gave up something good to get him. Ugh. Worth the gamble though...up until 10 min ago, the overwhelming thought was that he'd be reinstated.

The grievance hearing has not ruled yet. If they rule that AP must come off the exempt list immediately and is eligible to play Sunday but NFL has suspended him will he be able to play during his appeal?

I think he can but would the Vikings let him?

It's so obvious that Goodell and the NFL are just going overboard here to try and make up for their blunders earlier...

They must really think everyone is that stupid!

It's so obvious that Goodell and the NFL are just going overboard here to try and make up for their blunders earlier...

The must really think everyone is that stupid!

Excuse me?

The focker beat a 4 year old child. He should never play again.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

Without discipline, this would be the downfall of society.

Excuse me?

What does that have to do with it? He pleaded to a misdemeanor...

And I'm telling you that if this happened last year, before all of the Ray Rice/Greg Hardy , he would have been reinstated.

Your opinion on what he did doesn't change the legal aspect of the case at all.

What does that have to do with it? He pleaded to a misdemeanor...

And I'm telling you that if this happened last year, before all of the Ray Rice/Greg Hardy ######, he would have been reinstated.

Your opinion on what he did doesn't change the legal aspect of the case at all.

He probably would have.

But, like with Rice...when we see visual evidence (and in Peterson's case, an admission of what he did)...the plea to a misdemeanor does not carry the weight of the images and his admission of what happened.

He would have gotten a minimum 8 games prior to all this.

If the NFL had been smart and seen the video...Rice would have gotten more too.

Of course they are going a bit overboard to calm some of the masses though. Covering their own ass.

When does Ray Lewis get suspended for murder?

Let's contact his employer ESPN

I'm not an AP owner, in fact I'm a McKinnon owner. I have two small boys too so what AP did doesn't sit well with me personally.

However Roger Goodell and the NFL front office are a joke. Wether right or wrong, they just make it up as they go. It's no way to run a lemonade stand let alone a multi-billion dollar industry.

Without discipline, this would be the downfall of society.

Violent people (rapists, serial killers, etc..) are created by the abuse AP inflicted on that 4 year old.

Spanking is one thing; caning a child to the point of lacerations is another.

• Like 2

The grievance hearing has not ruled yet. If they rule that AP must come off the exempt list immediately and is eligible to play Sunday but NFL has suspended him will he be able to play during his appeal?

I think he can but would the Vikings let him?

The grievance hearing from yesterday currently has zero importance. Peterson got his wish and was removed from the commish's exempt list. New grievance needed for a new problem, that being the suspension. In my opinion... Safe to drop.

Violent people (rapists, serial killers, etc..) are created by the abuse AP inflicted on that 4 year old.

By this alone? Nice try. Looks like I turned out fine. What if the parents let the kids get absolutely everything they wanted?

When the kids don't get what they want, then they turn into violent rapitst, serial killers. You should have quit while you were behind.

He probably would have.

But, like with Rice...when we see visual evidence (and in Peterson's case, an admission of what he did)...the plea to a misdemeanor does not carry the weight of the images and his admission of what happened.

He would have gotten a minimum 8 games prior to all this.

If the NFL had been smart and seen the video...Rice would have gotten more too.

Of course they are going a bit overboard to calm some of the masses though. Covering their own ass.

Agreed!

I'm not an AP owner, in fact I'm a McKinnon owner. I have two small boys too so what AP did doesn't sit well with me personally.

However Roger Goodell and the NFL front office are a joke. Wether right or wrong, they just make it up as they go. It's no way to run a lemonade stand let alone a multi-billion dollar industry.

Agreed!

Let's contact his employer ESPN

Good idea. They should be held accountable using the same brand new nfl rules.

The topic shouldn't be wether you or I think AP should be suspended for X number of games. That will vary dependent from person to person and you guys can argue that all day.

The point is that the NFL and Roger Goodell himself makes up the rules as he goes. It's as if something happens, he waits a few days to see what ESPN and the public says or how much backlash there is then he makes up a rule or a punishment.

It's simply not a good way to lead or conduct business. It's amateaur hour and screams of a meglamaniac.

To use a fantasy football analogy, its akin to the commish in your league changing from a ppr to non ppr scoring mid season just because he and some other owners thinks its "right".

• Like 1

yer out of line with that thinking tp. there's a pattern of abuse and evidence on record. the reality is that today's NFL can't afford many more gaffes on the domestic violence front. defending what AP did to his kids puts you on the wrong side of history.

• Like 1

The topic shouldn't be wether you or I think AP should be suspended for X number of games. That will vary dependent from person to person and you guys can argue that all day.

The point is that the NFL and Roger Goodell himself makes up the rules as he goes. It's as if something happens, he waits a few days to see what ESPN and the public says or how much backlash there is then he makes up a rule or a punishment.

It's simply not a good way to lead or conduct business. It's amateaur hour and screams of a meglamaniac.

To use a fantasy football analogy, its akin to the commish in your league changing from a ppr to non ppr scoring mid season just because he and some other owners thinks its right.

I couldn't have stated this any better. 100% agree.

Good luck getting any players facing charges in the future to agree to go on the exempt list.

After this clusterfock, just go the Ray McDonald route and hope everything goes away.

It takes a village!

And, it seems, several have volunteered themselves to be the parent to this village. THEY will parent for the rest of us.

Thank you?

By this alone? Nice try. Looks like I turned out fine. What if the parents let the kids get absolutely everything they wanted?

When the kids don't get what they want, then they turn into violent rapitst, serial killers. You should have quit while you were behind.

I was behind?

Spoiled children don't grow up to become serial killers/rapists; they grow up to become a$$holes.

And just because you suffered abuse (assuming that's the truth) and you think you've turned out fine, doesn't make you fine a.k.a. normal. Plenty of psychotic people think they're just fine.

Perhaps you should try educating yourself with statistics from the criminal profile experts before you type on your keyboard. Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove any doubt.

you do realize there's a huge middle ground right?!? Go live with ISIS. He stole a loaf of bread, off with his head!

dumb

• Like 1

Or worse, people that traded for him a couple weeks back and gave up something good to get him. Ugh. Worth the gamble though...up until 10 min ago, the overwhelming thought was that he'd be reinstated.

"Overwhelming?" Not quite dude. Are you serious? Sponsors bailed. Moms rioted. And as a parent, I wanted him in jail.

Check your facts before you open your stupid mouth.

"Overwhelming?" Not quite dude. Are you serious? Sponsors bailed. Moms rioted. And as a parent, I wanted him in jail.

Check your facts before you open your stupid mouth.

pot, kettle, etc.

I know a lot of what I read did say that the thought was he would be reinstated :dunno:

I do not condone what AP did however call it what you want the NFL already suspended him with pay. Goodell had zero intentions on letting him come back this year. The CBA is so in that the guy hearing the appeal for the suspension is the same guy who gave it. Makes sense.

dudes have been holding him the whole time hoping he'd get reinstated. Dudes recently started trading for him think he'd get reinstated. Most if all of these people do not understand that the NFL is reeling right now. All they need is a bunch of people up in arms again over domestic violence, beating kids etc. With the rice situation, there were calls for the commish's head directly, forget about what people thought of rice as a human being. So it's part self preservation, both for the NFL and Goddell himself. ANd part is PR, let the outside world see the NFL is tough on these things. Placate people so the billions flowing in are not disrupted. Plain and simple. THe league is garbage, but no less garbage than any other major corporation that rules this once great country of ours. Either leave America or get over it. Sadly, even our votes are no longer worth anything when politicians can be bought by corporations...