Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Week 14 St(r)eaming Def

Who are you guys eyeing?

NO at home vs a CAR team that has given up seems like a good bet... they reeled in 4 sack, 1 ff, and 1int in their week 9 meeting...

DAL vs a struggling bears team... although it's december

NYG @ TEN with Locker possibly at the helm, and Justin Hunter probably out.

TEN vs NYG... maybe Eli shows up with 4 picks... although TEN D just got burned by HOU

who are you guys looking at? I'm leaning NO because i think rivera lost the locker room, and they are horrid on special teams.

Agonized all week trying to decide between Rams and Vikings on Sunday. Gonna do the same thing this week. If Rams were at home it would be a no-brainer. On the road, I still like then just not quite as much.

Texans, Giants, and Vikes across 4 leagues. Have a chance to pick up St. Louis (almost did to replace Texans in one league yesterday) and may stream them weeks 15-16.

WAS just made the IND defense look good (INID does well against poor-to-mediocre offenses, and gets exposed otherwise).

I would go STL if at all an option. I dropped BUF for them this past week (I'm hoping Latavius makes me not regret that Week 16). Their pass rush is coming alive, and they can run the ball well if they actually do it. WAS gives up big plays in the passing game--the type upon which the STL passing attack relies. STL gives up big pass plays a few times a game (usually) too, but WAS likes to throw picks, D.Jax is a little banged up, and no one has chemistry with Garcon. I trust Gruden et al. to coach this poorly.

I'm thinking about DEN at home vs BUF. Orton should be good for a couple of picks, and DEN just shut down KC's running game while on the road.

Who are you guys eyeing?

NO at home vs a CAR team that has given up seems like a good bet... they reeled in 4 sack, 1 ff, and 1int in their week 9 meeting...

DAL vs a struggling bears team... although it's december

NYG @ TEN with Locker possibly at the helm, and Justin Hunter probably out.

TEN vs NYG... maybe Eli shows up with 4 picks... although TEN D just got burned by HOU

who are you guys looking at? I'm leaning NO because i think rivera lost the locker room, and they are horrid on special teams.

The Saints are a dice role there. I won't tell you it won't pay off, traditionally the Dome has been money for the Saints but for the first time under Payton they have lost 3 in a row there (whereas previously they hadn't lost a game at home under Payton since 2010). They lost to good teams, SF, Cincy, Baltimore, but the defense has been seeping. They played extremely well against Pittsburgh yet they still gave up a ton of yards to Bell, 2 garbage time TDs and 2 2-point conversions at the end. Carolina is so skrewed up right now that maybe any opponent is a good play though.

I have

rams vs skins

or

lions vs TB

If Hou @Jax is not available, I would likely go Detroit vs Lions.

The Rams seem like the best out there, I'm guessing you would almost have to jump on them before anything else if they are on the WW but I'd be wary on the road at Was, for whatever reason the Redskins respond under McCoy, the offense has actually produced really well the three times he has been at the helm.

The Saints are a dice role there. I won't tell you it won't pay off, traditionally the Dome has been money for the Saints but for the first time under Payton they have lost 3 in a row there (whereas previously they hadn't lost a game at home under Payton since 2010). They lost to good teams, SF, Cincy, Baltimore, but the defense has been seeping. They played extremely well against Pittsburgh yet they still gave up a ton of yards to Bell, 2 garbage time TDs and 2 2-point conversions at the end. Carolina is so skrewed up right now that maybe any opponent is a good play though.

i'm really considering it, as it seems a lot of the teams left are a huge dice roll

TEN vs NYG... ELI could throw up a stinker, and the giants OLINE are giving up sacks like it's going out of style... of course this could be the late season game where eli throws 5 TDs

NYG @ TEN Maybe locker starts and throws up a stinker... maybe the giants D line goes nuts.... or the titans play a great ball control game with few mistakes and put up 21... fock

it's a weird week

Texans, Giants, and Vikes across 4 leagues. Have a chance to pick up St. Louis (almost did to replace Texans in one league yesterday) and may stream them weeks 15-16.

I am a little surprised no one has mentioned the Vikes at home vs the Jets.

It is going to be freezing up there. The Vikes just won at home with defense and special teams and they basically held GB to a near tie there 2 weeks ago.

If Hou @Jax is not available, I would likely go Detroit vs Lions.

This would be an interesting matchup. Detroit would probably find a way to lose it.

I'm on a bye but if I wasnt, I'd be looking to take Minny off the waivers.

Agonized all week trying to decide between Rams and Vikings on Sunday. Gonna do the same thing this week. If Rams were at home it would be a no-brainer. On the road, I still like then just not quite as much.

I have the same decision. I really can't favor the Rams @ WAS over MIN vs NYJ. I gotta go MIN.

I like Arizona at home vs kc

Bad call IMO. ARI just lost the Honey Badger, and KC isn't easy to score D points against, because they're a run first, second and sometimes third team. Choose something else.

alright... rolling with NO D at home in a must win game. I figure Cam has focked up my season while QB'ing my team for awhile... might as well take advantage of it from the other end...

good luck all

49ers need a good bounce back game coach could sign with Michigan right after good gift

I have the same decision. I really can't favor the Rams @ WAS over MIN vs NYJ. I gotta go MIN.

Ughhhh I'm leaning the same way right now. Min at home against whoever is QBing with Jets is like money in dah bank!

Ughhhh I'm leaning the same way right now. Min at home against whoever is QBing with Jets is like money in dah bank!

Uhhh they just had 250 rushing yards against a much better rushing defense. Gotta think the Jets will pound the rock against a week rushing def. Not many opportunities for sacks. Not to mention Minny's average offense that will give up field position with turnovers and 3 and outs. Jets have a decent defense too.

• Like 1

Still trying to decide between.

Dolphins vs Ravens at Miami

Or

Seahawks vs Eagles at Philly

High risk IMO. Which DSTs have gotten points from the Jets? Very strong run defense + turnover forcing, with the key being the run defense. Yeah, MIA didn't have its corners last week, but look at NE game (even though divisional matchup alters the dynamics). MIN stinks against the run, and Barr is out. Meanwhile, the CAR team just dominated by MIN has a terrible OL. I like MIN if the opponent passes (more with Barr in) with their pass rush and secondary, but the current NYJ M.O. seams to be to avoid losing in humiliating fashion by just not passing.

I like STL, and I think it becomes an easy call if D.Jax is actually out (STL will probably try to force the issue on him in-game anyway).

High risk IMO. Which DSTs have gotten points from the Jets? Very strong run defense + turnover forcing, with the key being the run defense. Yeah, MIA didn't have its corners last week, but look at NE game (even though divisional matchup alters the dynamics). MIN stinks against the run, and Barr is out. Meanwhile, the CAR team just dominated by MIN has a terrible OL. I like MIN if the opponent passes (more with Barr in) with their pass rush and secondary, but the current NYJ M.O. seams to be to avoid losing in humiliating fashion by just not passing.

I like STL, and I think it becomes an easy call if D.Jax is actually out (STL will probably try to force the issue on him in-game anyway).

Thanks. I like what you wrote here. Going with Rams. Especially with Djax looking to be out.