Sign in to follow this  
Huh?

Romo's dismal performance against Philly on Thanksgiving has me worried

He was so bad that game, and with all these articles about his ribs and back ... mmmm ribs ... have me really considering taking him out. Flacco vs. Jax and Dalton vs. Clev are both available on the WW. What do you say, Romo owners who are still aliveness? Are you starting him with confidence?

Based on the other players you probably have since you're listing Romo and other crap you're needing a 6 td game out of him.

I'm in the same boat & was thinking about picking up Flacco as well. Dallas will probably lean on Murray to keep the Philly offense off the field & if Romo couldn't get it done at home vs Philly on Thanksgiving how's he gonna fare on the road?

Starting with confidence. I think that game was a fluke. I expect full on shootout

Ironically, I'm facing Romo this weekend. I traded Romo to that team, and he traded me Rivers in week 3. In retrospect, it was a wash trade, but I did it to avoid Romo's proneness to injury. I think I'm going with Rivers against him vs DEN, which is a matchup I like.

- 3 Beetle Bailey fgs

- 1 Demarco plunge

- 1 defense td

Philly 31 Dallas 23

Romo = NoNo

eta: at some point in this game, Dallas will be up 20-3 ... the Iggles defense will then wreak havoc on Romo, leading the furious comeback.

3 picks, and a Demarco fumble.

get Philly D active.

hth

Romo said for the 1st time he played without a pain killing shot and it was a mistake. They went to England, came back, played Sunday night then a quick turn around to Thursday.. Dez is angry and wants to redeem himself.. Romo will play well, trust me

As snatch mentioned - Dallas was coming off of a trip to London, a Sunday night game - and basically 3 1/2 days before the Turkey day game against the Igs.... Not saying Philly still won't roll and put up a ton of points - but I really believe our offense will respond this time around and put up points of their own. 10 days rest and a chip on their shoulder will make them (and Romo) better for sure.

He was so bad that game, and with all these articles about his ribs and back ... mmmm ribs ... have me really considering taking him out. Flacco vs. Jax and Dalton vs. Clev are both available on the WW. What do you say, Romo owners who are still aliveness? Are you starting him with confidence?

Flacco

flacco has been sharp lately, but IMO romo is not a bad play. DAL has had 10 days to scheme this game, and they have to run the football effectively in order to win. PHI is going to score a lot, in which case romo is going to have to throw, or PHI is not going to score a lot, in which case DAL is going to grind them down with numerous long possessions. this sets the table for either the spread offense or play-action, which are the two best parts of romo's game.

as ever, it comes down to dealing with the pass rush, particularly the interior. this is where the scheme aspect comes in, and i expect to see a gameplan based on getting the ball out to secondary threats in order to help the protection package.

one way or the other, i think you'll see romo finish with moderate yardage and 2-3 TDs, rather than 350/4. you'll have to decide whether that's sufficient for you.

I saw some ridiculous stat that Philly was something like 5 for 9 on first downs, picking up a first down, to start the game. Wow. On five different first down plays they picked up 10 or more yards. It's all hands on deck for the Dallas defense.

Dallas needs to match Philly's drives, yet take 6-7 minutes to do so. Wouldn't be surprised to also see them cross up the Eagle blitz packages by passing more in obvious run situations while running out of the shotgun. Why not run some draw plays and screens in long yardage spots?

Due to it's weak conference record this may be a must win for Dallas, who's best hope is winning the division.

In the same boat as many of you trying to figure out what Romo is going to do. I am in a TD only league so yardage etc is no big deal. If Romo passes for a TD or runs (yea right) for a TD then I get points. Big 0 last time they played. Can't afford for that to happen again. May have to go with a back up plan as well.

Torn between Romo and Rivers. Either one could go off, either one could totally dud.

Romo has had 12 starts ...

has only attempted 40+ (41) passes once.

has not thrown for over 325 once.

only one game over 300 yds (324).

so, if he "goes off" it will be via td passes ... he has five games of 3+

I wouldn't bank on it this week.

Keep in mind also - Romo played the Thanksgiving day game against the Eagles without a pain killer shot. Was the first game he has done that since injuring his back against the Redskins.

He will definitely have a shot for this game.

Fantasy Football Rule # 16c:

Never trust Romo in December

250 and 2 is his floor. Depending on how wild Murray runs, I can see 350 and 4. Dallas scores 35 pts min. Book it...

low information posters. :clap:

since 2009, here is the list of QBs who have performed better in december than romo:

1. aaron rodgers

that's the list. and rodgers only overtook romo last season.

low information posters. :clap:

since 2009, here is the list of QBs who have performed better in december than romo:

1. aaron rodgers

that's the list. and rodgers only overtook romo last season.

yep, he has been statistically proficient, from a fantasy perspective, in December's past.

but, using last year as an example, the Dallas offense was 68/32 in pass/run ratio ... and in those Decembers past, I'm sure it was skewed in favor of passing as well ... maybe not as much as last year, but at least 60% floor, I'd bet.

this year, it is the exact opposite ... thru last week, they are 63/37 in favor of run ... a complete turnaround.

not slagging the guy's talent ... he's been a servicable enough fantasy option for years ...

just that his injury, coupled with the volume not being there this year, makes him a very dicey prop.

this year, it is the exact opposite ... thru last week, they are 63/37 in favor of run ... a complete turnaround.

where are you getting your information? to date, DAL has 400 rushing attempts (376 excluding the 24 QB scrambles), 390 passing attempts, and 26 sacks. that's 440 called pass plays to 376 called runs--a 46/54 run/pass ratio for called plays, and a 49/51 ratio for executed plays.

there are certainly reasons why romo is not a 'must start'. the poster to whom i was responding claimed that romo is untrustworthy in december--this is nonsense.

there are certainly reasons why romo is not a 'must start'. the poster to whom i was responding claimed that romo is untrustworthy in december--this is nonsense.

The Dallas Cowboys, of which Romo is the QB, are notoriously untrustworthy in December......as you well know. Enough of the slights already. To call me a low information poster is what is actually nonsensical and based on low information.

My post was intended to be an obvious attempt at ironic humor. Perhaps you missed it. His meltdowns when playoff berths are on the line, particularly against Philly, are well known. This is fantasy football, and anything can happen on a given Sunday. Romo may well go off.....he is talented enough and he is overdue. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. However, being one who is admittedly a bit superstitious concerning certain aspects of FF, if I were starting him, it would certainly be with trepidation.

Lighten up.

The Dallas Cowboys, of which Romo is the QB, are notoriously untrustworthy in December......as you well know. Enough of the slights already. To call me a low information poster is what is actually nonsensical and based on low information.

My post was intended to be an obvious attempt at ironic humor. Perhaps you missed it. His meltdowns when playoff berths are on the line, particularly against Philly, are well known. This is fantasy football, and anything can happen on a given Sunday. Romo may well go off.....he is talented enough and he is overdue. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. However, being one who is admittedly a bit superstitious concerning certain aspects of FF, if I were starting him, it would certainly be with trepidation.

Lighten up.

:lol:

"i was only kidding when i gave out that bad info"

we're not talking about the dallas cowboys' performance in the NFL. we're talking about a fantasy football player, for whom only statistics matter. from 2009-current, romo has thrown 37 TDs and 8 INTs in december--a better ratio than brees, or manning, or brady. he played the eagles twice in december--both times he went for 300+ yards, with 5 TDs and 1 INT total. both were wins.

in fact, the last time romo lost to PHI in december or january, george bush was still president, the iphone 1 was a bestseller, and people were still using myspace.

quite simply, you don't know what you're talking about--even if you were just kidding.

My post was intended to be an obvious attempt at ironic humor. Perhaps you missed it.

Failed attempt at a revisionary quotation. Not even a nice try, really. It's okay though....nobody is perfect, myself included, thank goodness. Perhaps next time you might pause a moment for reflection before pointlessly coming in with guns-a-blazin'....reminiscent of a pompous King James donkey.

Hopefully, we can admit a simple and pointless misunderstanding and continue to have productive dialog & discourse elsewhere in the future, but if you are simply too full of yourself to just chill and move on, then so be it.......it's not difficult (in fact, recommendable) to ignore those types.

Fairly confident you have no idea what the definition of irony is...

Failed attempt at a revisionary quotation. Not even a nice try, really. It's okay though....nobody is perfect, myself included, thank goodness. Perhaps next time you might pause a moment for reflection before pointlessly coming in with guns-a-blazin'....reminiscent of a pompous King James donkey.

Hopefully, we can admit a simple and pointless misunderstanding and continue to have productive dialog & discourse elsewhere in the future, but if you are simply too full of yourself to just chill and move on, then so be it.......it's not difficult (in fact, recommendable) to ignore those types.

Fairly confident you have no idea what the definition of irony is...

Et tu pooh?

What is up with all of you homies tonight? Geeeez.

Which definition are you alluding to, oh professor disguised as a fantasy football forum poster?

Perhaps you were educated in the early 20th century? Are you implying that it is only definitionally applicable as a literary technique used in a Greek tragedy? Irony of ironies!

Similarly to sirensong, I would prefer that we not digress to pointless slights and/or irrelevant quips.....remaining amiable and moving along to fruitful and applicable dialog. However, if you are determined to pursue the course of digression, then so be it......but I might have to reluctantly flush you too pooh (not that you would care, of course).

Cheers.

To call me a low information poster is what is actually nonsensical and based on low information.

However, being one who is admittedly a bit superstitious concerning certain aspects of FF, if I were starting him, it would certainly be with trepidation.

Superstitions are based on a lack of information. :doh:

Superstitions are based on a lack of information. :doh:

Are they?

...or is supernatural causality really at the center of every monumental and minute universal event?

I have Romo and Stafford vs MIN and was leaning just a tad to Romo. Opinions??

Standard?

Standard?

I wouldn't be. Romo's bad back is a liability. Philly defense is good at getting at the qb. Romo was helpless in game one. What makes you think he won't be in game two on the road in cold philadelphia?

:lol:

we're not talking about the dallas cowboys' performance in the NFL. we're talking about a fantasy football player, for whom only statistics matter. from 2009-current, romo has thrown 37 TDs and 8 INTs in december--a better ratio than brees, or manning, or brady. he played the eagles twice in december--both times he went for 300+ yards, with 5 TDs and 1 INT total. both were wins.

in fact, the last time romo lost to PHI in december or january, george bush was still president, the iphone 1 was a bestseller, and people were still using myspace.

quite simply, you don't know what you're talking about--even if you were just kidding.

Yeah I remember that, it was the Silver Linings Playbook game lol... great movie. It should be noted here that last seasons December fold against Philly was conducted by Orton, who had the late game pick.

You know, Romo has a bad rap to some degree here in DFW. It started when he dropped that snap up in Seattle, and has become snowball-esque since. He's made some downright stupid decisions in crucial times, that just reek of f*ck-foolery. But some of the ignorant masses here fail to recall how much in jail this team was before he came onto the scene.

The Cowboy homers on this board are making some good calls, in regards to his health, rest, utilization, game plan, etc. One thing is certain he didn't look right on Thanksgiving. I thought Jones was a jackass for sending him to London, but only time will tell how that impacted his health.