Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers: In-Game Discussion

Cam's hurting.

Time to take him out of the game, Carolina could punt on first down and still win.

Nooooooooooo!

I played him almost across the board.

Logan Thomas has to be better than this.

Right? :unsure:

Exactly.

This is bad.

How can Logan Thomas be worse than Lindley?

Impossible. This turd must be worst 3rd stringer ever

The Cards' D should lobby for Thomas to be put in, STAT.

EDIT: Jesus freaking christ on a crutch with an eyepatch ! At this point I am soooo glad that I could not watch this...game.

GAH!

Cam's hurting.

Time to take him out of the game, Carolina could punt on first down and still win.

Don't let The Waterboy touch the ball. :mad: :mad:

There was a receiver in the area? :blink:

Tell me about it...SMH

Couple that with the absurdity of Carolina even having home field advantage in this match to begin with, and you've got yourself an ugly game. :(

Oh good grief... They won their division, they deserve a first-round home game... Doesn't matter if the division was down this year...

I spent years watching the likes of Marc Wilson, Jay Schroeder, Todd Marinovich, and Donald Hollas play quarterback, so I'm an expert on slugs at the position. This clown Lindley is as bad as it gets.

As a Cards fan that was painful. But on the handout from Lindley to Grice for the TD, it occurred to me that we got both off of the SD practice squad. Too many losses over the season. Oh well, it was a fun season.

Also, 100s of punters graduate college every year, and Butler was the best we could find? :wall:

• Like 1

As a Cards fan that was painful. But on the handout from Lindley to Grice for the TD, it occurred to me that we got both off of the SD practice squad. Too many losses over the season. Oh well, it was a fun season.

Also, 100s of punters graduate college every year, and Butler was the best we could find? :wall:

People will blame Lindley and he was awful. Last game as a pro. But he is 3 weeks off somebody else's practice squad. AZ fans should learn the names of their O-linemen and heap a big pile of blame on them. They did not control a single play at the line of scrimmage. Unsure the last time I saw the line of an 11 win team so horrifically overmatched.

Yet Carolina struggled to put away a team with 77 yards of total offense. They're a fraud, just like their QB.

People will blame Lindley and he was awful. Last game as a pro. But he is 3 weeks off somebody else's practice squad. AZ fans should learn the names of their O-linemen and heap a big pile of blame on them. They did not control a single play at the line of scrimmage. Unsure the last time I saw the line of an 11 win team so horrifically overmatched.

Yet Carolina struggled to put away a team with 77 yards of total offense. They're a fraud, just like their QB.

I don't know which team is yours; don't care. But I do know that you're quick to diminish the performance of CAR's run game - which has been the best in the NFL the past month, and against all comers (um...Stewart had 123 yards against the vaunted ARI run D), and their defense has been playing lights out. They're playing prototypical NFL playoff football: able to run the ball, and stop the run - and the pass as well.

They are the perfectly structured team to beat SEA in SEA. They can control the clock; they have a mobile QB, and their defense is playing as well as anyone right now.

Calling any team a fraud that holds a team to 77 total yards in a playoff game, no less, is pure stupidity. That's nearly as difficult as Green Bay holding Barry Sanders to -1 yards rushing, as they did many years ago.

CAR is putting it together at the right time. The only real concern I see is Newton's ankle.

Impossible. This turd must be worst 3rd stringer ever

if anyone is worse than lindley it's thomas. thomas was drafted as a complete shot in the dark because of measurables. he's hardly even a qb. imo he should have been moved the TE years ago

I don't know which team is yours; don't care. But I do know that you're quick to diminish the performance of CAR's run game - which has been the best in the NFL the past month, and against all comers (um...Stewart had 123 yards against the vaunted ARI run D), and their defense has been playing lights out. They're playing prototypical NFL playoff football: able to run the ball, and stop the run - and the pass as well.

They are the perfectly structured team to beat SEA in SEA. They can control the clock; they have a mobile QB, and their defense is playing as well as anyone right now.

Calling any team a fraud that holds a team to 77 total yards in a playoff game, no less, is pure stupidity. That's nearly as difficult as Green Bay holding Barry Sanders to -1 yards rushing, as they did many years ago.

CAR is putting it together at the right time. The only real concern I see is Newton's ankle.

They stopped the run vs an awful running team (even when fully healthy) and stopped the pass vs a guy who will be selling insurance in a few months. Yes, their running game delivered and that is a huge factor in the playoffs. So is your QB completing just over 50% of his throws vs a defense that had to sell out for a half in hopes of creating a field short enough for their offense to capitalize on (apparently that number was something less than 8 yards).

Arizona as comprised yesterday would have had an even worse record than Carolina had this season. I don't have a team in the playoffs, but I believe Carolina will be exposed for what they are; a sub-.500 football team that Seattle will beat at their place like rented mules.

They stopped the run vs an awful running team (even when fully healthy) and stopped the pass vs a guy who will be selling insurance in a few months. Yes, their running game delivered and that is a huge factor in the playoffs. So is your QB completing just over 50% of his throws vs a defense that had to sell out for a half in hopes of creating a field short enough for their offense to capitalize on (apparently that number was something less than 8 yards).

Arizona as comprised yesterday would have had an even worse record than Carolina had this season. I don't have a team in the playoffs, but I believe Carolina will be exposed for what they are; a sub-.500 football team that Seattle will beat at their place like rented mules.

Don't be ignorant. CAR also went into ATL - a team with a more than capable offense, and in a win or die position - and held them to. 3 points.

I am a Green Bay fan. My opinions on this are dispassionate; yours are obviously flavored by something.

Carolina has a great defense which is gelling. SEA has much about which to be concerned.

Don't be ignorant. CAR also went into ATL - a team with a more than capable offense, and in a win or die position - and held them to. 3 points.

I am a Green Bay fan. My opinions on this are dispassionate; yours are obviously flavored by something.

Carolina has a great defense which is gelling. SEA has much about which to be concerned.

Mine are flavored by nothing other than what I've seen of the teams involved. I wouldn't be especially eager to hang my hat on a win vs Atlanta, another sub-500 team.

I think Carolina will be exposed. You don't. We'll see.

Mine are flavored by nothing other than what I've seen of the teams involved. I wouldn't be especially eager to hang my hat on a win vs Atlanta, another sub-500 team.

I think you're being intentionally obtuse. I didn't hang my hat on their win v Atlanta; I specifically restrained my commentary to what they did against their offense - an offense which hung a ton of points on Green Bay a week prior. In their building. Carolina doesn't need to score a ton of points to win against a team with a weak offense.

I think Carolina will be exposed. You don't. We'll see.

'Exposed' is a silly comment. Carolina has been winning. Losing won't 'expose' them; SEA is the toughest place in the NFL to play.

I think you're being intentionally obtuse. I didn't hang my hat on their win v Atlanta; I specifically restrained my commentary to what they did against their offense - an offense which hung a ton of points on Green Bay a week prior. In their building. Carolina doesn't need to score a ton of points to win against a team with a weak offense.

'Exposed' is a silly comment. Carolina has been winning. Losing won't 'expose' them; SEA is the toughest place in the NFL to play.

So I commented on a team (which you purport not to care about, instead insisting it's me that has some overriding issue) and you've responded by calling me ignorant, stupid and obtuse. Congratulations on the fine discourse. No less than I'd expect given your track record on this site.

I'll watch the game and see what happens.

So I commented on a team (which you purport not to care about, instead insisting it's me that has some overriding issue) and you've responded by calling me ignorant, stupid and obtuse. Congratulations on the fine discourse. No less than I'd expect given your track record on this site.

I'll watch the game and see what happens.

Just like you watched Carolina beating ARI after blabbing about how easily Arizona would beat Carolina?

And doubtless you'll come back and gloat if SEA wins by 7. :rolleyes:

Your invalid language about a team which is plainly on the come is what got me to respond, and now you are obviously looking for a sword upon which to flail about, as my comments about ignorance and stupidity and being obtuse have to do with your comments, and not you. But you want to be personally offended, don't you?

So you can personally offend, yes? I don't even know who you are. :dunno:

You choose to throw some laughable bullshit about "my track record on this site", which is nothing BUT a personal sling - and baseless. Nothing pulls the azzhole out of me better than posters being azzholes, so I'm assuming you're looking to discuss years old confrontations with idiotic commentary on the uselessness of the Geek bored? Is that where you're looking to go?

If you have something to say, say it. If you don't, keep doing has you have. Keep excreting facile commentary about football teams about which you clearly have little knowledge. You were the one, after all, who claimed that ARI was going to beat CAR in CAR, weren't you? Have some balls and admit you were wrong, as good posters do.

Carolina handled ARI easily, and yet you didn't see it coming. I, however, did - I guessed 24-16 CAR, which missed the final score by 3 points, and hit ARI's final score exactly - and that gives me top spot in this discussion, and not you. I'll pit my status as commentator on football in this forearm against yours any day - and twice on Sunday.

Just like you watched Carolina beating ARI after blabbing about how easily Arizona would beat Carolina?

And doubtless you'll come back and gloat if SEA wins by 7. :rolleyes:

Your invalid language about a team which is plainly on the come is what got me to respond, and now you are obviously looking for a sword upon which to flail about, as my comments about ignorance and stupidity and being obtuse have to do with your comments, and not you. But you want to be personally offended, don't you?

So you can personally offend, yes? I don't even know who you are. :dunno:

You choose to throw some laughable bullshit about "my track record on this site", which is nothing BUT a personal sling - and baseless. Nothing pulls the azzhole out of me better than posters being azzholes, so I'm assuming you're looking to discuss years old confrontations with idiotic commentary on the uselessness of the Geek bored? Is that where you're looking to go?

If you have something to say, say it. If you don't, keep doing has you have. Keep excreting facile commentary about football teams about which you clearly have little knowledge. You were the one, after all, who claimed that ARI was going to beat CAR in CAR, weren't you? Have some balls and admit you were wrong, as good posters do.

Carolina handled ARI easily, and yet you didn't see it coming. I, however, did - I guessed 24-16 CAR, which missed the final score by 3 points, and hit ARI's final score exactly - and that gives me top spot in this discussion, and not you. I'll pit my status as commentator on football in this forearm against yours any day - and twice on Sunday.

No problem admitting I was wrong on AZ. It's not as if I (or anyone else here) has an unblemished record. No big deal.

I picked them because, before the game as after, I have the same impression of Carolina: a good running team with a defense that has been very average until the last few weeks when they played teams that were circling the drain (NO, TB, ATL, AZ). I wasn't impressed with any of those teams in the South, and their record vs the rest of the league would seem to give that opinion some merit.

I believe their QB to be an issue due to inaccuracy and poor decision making. Additionally, he's been handicapped this year by injuries that make the separation between his athletic ability and the field much closer than it's ever been.

Holding a team to 77 yards is something. That it hasn't happened ever before, and that AZ was playing with the level of talent they had available at QB and RB, makes me think it simplistic to believe that it was all the doings of the Carolina defense. That offense stunk out the joint, they averaged less than 30 yards per punt in the first half, and were about as inept as you'll ever see professionals be. Yet with roughly 12:00 to go they had 1st and goal around the 8 to make it a 4 point game.

You were obviously tremendously impressed by Carolina's performance and hurt in a deep and personal manner by my calling them "frauds" to the point of hurling insults. For that horrible transgression, I deeply apologize.

I was not impressed with their performance and believe that the game this weekend will show where they actually stand.

No problem admitting I was wrong on AZ. It's not as if I (or anyone else here) has an unblemished record. No big deal.

I picked them because, before the game as after, I have the same impression of Carolina: a good running team with a defense that has been very average until the last few weeks when they played teams that were circling the drain (NO, TB, ATL, AZ). I wasn't impressed with any of those teams in the South, and their record vs the rest of the league would seem to give that opinion some merit.

I believe their QB to be an issue due to inaccuracy and poor decision making. Additionally, he's been handicapped this year by injuries that make the separation between his athletic ability and the field much closer than it's ever been.

Holding a team to 77 yards is something. That it hasn't happened ever before, and that AZ was playing with the level of talent they had available at QB and RB, makes me think it simplistic to believe that it was all the doings of the Carolina defense. That offense stunk out the joint, they averaged less than 30 yards per punt in the first half, and were about as inept as you'll ever see professionals be. Yet with roughly 12:00 to go they had 1st and goal around the 8 to make it a 4 point game.

You were obviously tremendously impressed by Carolina's performance and hurt in a deep and personal manner by my calling them "frauds" to the point of hurling insults. For that horrible transgression, I deeply apologize.

I was not impressed with their performance and believe that the game this weekend will show where they actually stand.

Your tone is better here. I think calling a team that has won 5 in a row a 'fraud' is silly and stupid. They are not frauds; they are inconsistent and have had injuries, just like anyone and everyone.

I think they're more dangerous than you think, and I think that if they can put up 27 on ARI in a must win game - and hold them to 16 - they can do similarly to SEA. It's about matchup styles, and - just like STL was holding SEA down for the majority of their game (but couldn't put up any offense), I think CAR can put up offense, if for no other reason than their running game doesn't seem to be easily stopped, and Newton is capable of keeping a D off balance.

As you said: we shall see.

Your tone is better here. I think calling a team that has won 5 in a row a 'fraud' is silly and stupid. They are not frauds; they are inconsistent and have had injuries, just like anyone and everyone.

I think they're more dangerous than you think, and I think that if they can put up 27 on ARI in a must win game - and hold them to 16 - they can do similarly to SEA. It's about matchup styles, and - just like STL was holding SEA down for the majority of their game (but couldn't put up any offense), I think CAR can put up offense, if for no other reason than their running game doesn't seem to be easily stopped, and Newton is capable of keeping a D off balance.

As you said: we shall see.

You intially asked JT who he rooted for because you thought he had bias without recognizing that we -- as Packer fans -- have huge bias. We'd much rather have a home game against a team we utterly and completely trounced (it was about 38-3 when they mercifully took Rodgers out in the 3rd quarter) than a road game against a team that trounced us and is one of the hardest places in the NFL to win...

JT roots for the Eagles... He gives a rat's ass.

So, we have tremendous bias; he doesn't.... whether we use that bias in our analysis is a different story... So let's break it down: What we're looking at in Carolina is a team that barely, barely, barely got by an awful Tampa team at home.... followed that up with barely, barely, barely getting by an awful Browns team at home.... and then took it to the 6-10 Falcons... although Cam Newton throwing for 112 total yards against the worst defense in the league is not that inspiring in that game.

Then they gave up 2 touchdowns at home to a World League quarterback and an offense decimated by injuries to the likes we have not seen before...

So, yes, nice job, Carolina.... Does that give us any reason to believe that they will beat the well-rested defending NFC champs in Seattle? Well, not really.

As a Packer fan, every ounce of me wants to believe that Carolina is great and will bounce Seattle in Seattle.... I will be rooting for that wholeheartedly...

As a football fan, I just don't see it. Cam Newton is just not a good quarterback. That defense is decent, but nothing special... Seattle will be ready. That defense is nasty good. Russel Wilson is a special player...

I hope I'm wrong, but Seattle's going to win this big....

You intially asked JT who he rooted for because you thought he had bias without recognizing that we -- as Packer fans -- have huge bias. We'd much rather have a home game against a team we utterly and completely trounced (it was about 38-3 when they mercifully took Rodgers out in the 3rd quarter) than a road game against a team that trounced us and is one of the hardest places in the NFL to win...

JT roots for the Eagles... He gives a rat's ass.

So, we have tremendous bias; he doesn't.... whether we use that bias in our analysis is a different story... So let's break it down: What we're looking at in Carolina is a team that barely, barely, barely got by an awful Tampa team at home.... followed that up with barely, barely, barely getting by an awful Browns team at home.... and then took it to the 6-10 Falcons... although Cam Newton throwing for 112 total yards against the worst defense in the league is not that inspiring in that game.

Then they gave up 2 touchdowns at home to a World League quarterback and an offense decimated by injuries to the likes we have not seen before...

So, yes, nice job, Carolina.... Does that give us any reason to believe that they will beat the well-rested defending NFC champs in Seattle? Well, not really.

As a Packer fan, every ounce of me wants to believe that Carolina is great and will bounce Seattle in Seattle.... I will be rooting for that wholeheartedly...

As a football fan, I just don't see it. Cam Newton is just not a good quarterback. That defense is decent, but nothing special... Seattle will be ready. That defense is nasty good. Russel Wilson is a special player...

I hope I'm wrong, but Seattle's going to win this big....

Most importantly, now my tone is better.

Thanks for the comments donhaas.

Due to my increasing thought that I'm wasting too much time on this site and the general d!ckishness of the Geek club and posting in general these days, I've decided to hit the trail. So I won't be back either way after this week's games. Don't want it to be seen as a failure to stand up if I'm wrong. And I won't come back to gloat if I'm right.

Enjoy the games. Best of luck to all.

Donate Life.

• Like 1

Due to my increasing thought that I'm wasting too much time on this site and the general d!ckishness of the Geek club and posting in general these days, I've decided to hit the trail. So I won't be back either way after this week's games. Don't want it to be seen as a failure to stand up if I'm wrong. And I won't come back to gloat if I'm right.

Donate Life.

I've been at FFToday for a long time.... I left for a year or two... I knew I could come back at any time and find something like this:

I mean.... what is this??? All of this drama and swords flailing about? Is this guy writing a screenplay for Melrose Place?? Can we possibly be more dramatic?? We're just trying to talk about football here... specifically, if the crapass 7-win Panthers can knock of the defending champs at their place. :lol:

Take a break from this place for awhile, JT.... it will do you good :cheers:

• Like 1

Donate Life.

While I completely understand (and endorse) your reasoning, I would ask that you not stand down.

I find the prospect of 'the general dickishness' becoming condensed into a more purified form with your departure to be a depressing one.

Think of the non-dicks!

The over-arching point:

Calling Carolina 'a fraud' is stupidity. I defended the point. Seems plenty of people forgot that SEA looked like a warm turd for quite a while this year. So did Carolina.

Their defense has woken up; their offense has been showing promise all year with Benjamin, and they're finally getting Stewart the reps he needs to perform at a high level - and at a high level he has performed.

So let's not barf out a claim that such a team is 'a fraud'.

donhaas: don't speak for me, or presume. My opinions on football have nothing whatsoever to do with being a fan of Green Bay. Perhaps you cannot qualify yourself to state a dispassionate case on a team without it being screwed up by your emotional loyalties. I have no such problem. If you cannot see that Carolina's D is playing at an extremely high level right now - and that defense and a running game can win championships - then I can't help you any further.

I have only stated that I can see Carolina winning this weekend. I reacted strongly to a stupid claim that Carolina is a fraud. That word bothered me, and came from a poster who I don't think has added much to any fantasy discussion in the entire time I've been here, so I wrote my opinion.

If no one likes it, that's not my problem. I don't see anyone here that had a better prediction of the CAR/ARI outcome though, so I don't think anyone can claim to have a better handle on the CAR situation. :dunno: