Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Obummer solves Iran

Still live a mile from Rusty? You guys still meet up or poker night at Jose's?

:pointstosky:

I haven't seen RP try so hard to avoid a question since I asked if he still sees Rusty at Jose's house.

I answered his question straightforwardly. He then concocted hypotheticals that had no relationship to my answer.

Worms is on the ropes here, and he knows it.

I answered his question straightforwardly. He then concocted hypotheticals that had no relationship to my answer.

Still can't answer my questions though. :first:

:lol:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=443031&hl=

The Central Intelligence Agency, working with American troops during the occupation of Iraq, repeatedly purchased nerve-agent rockets from a secretive Iraqi seller, part of a previously undisclosed effort to ensure that old chemical weapons remaining in Iraq did not fall into the hands of terrorists or militant groups, according to current and former American officials.

The extraordinary arms purchase plan, known as Operation Avarice, began in 2005 and continued into 2006, and the American military deemed it a nonproliferation success. It led to the United States acquiring and destroying at least 400 Borak rockets, one of the internationally condemned chemical weapons.

http://www.nytimes.c...apons.html?_r=0

Not sure why you would link to a thread where I prove my statement right...that they had no active WMD program.

That thread where you got your ass handed to you...then your an away.

See post 12

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=443031&p=5418629

Bump for phurfur...seems he needs help finding this thread like he did the wmd one.

And not shocking at all...Baker runs away again.

Guilty, I have a real life and only have 5-10 minutes a day to mess with the bottom feeders. I control you, you do not control me. HTH

How are you deling with your racism issues, you really need help.

As you were!

Guilty, I have a real life and only have 5-10 minutes a day to mess with the bottom feeders. I control you, you do not control me. HTH

How are you deling with your racism issues, you really need help.

As you were!

Is that why you ran the last time in the wmd thread.

Interesting that you are here enough to copy and paste a lot and make bogus claims about people.

Perhaps you are searching for someone else's words to counter my accurate point that Saddam did not have an active wmd program...as you linked my proof for me. Thanks.

Face it, this is a problem with no good solution. So while Obama's deal doesn't get us everything, the only real question you should be asking is whether it's potentially better than the alternatives.

Agreed. In negotiation there is the concept of BATNA -- Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement. In this case the BATNA would seem to be to maintain the sanctions, maybe strengthen them, and wait to see if the sanctions cause change. I know I'm a conservatard, but it seems like Iran needed this agreement more than we did, and I don't really see what we got out of acting now. :dunno:

Agreed. In negotiation there is the concept of BATNA -- Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement. In this case the BATNA would seem to be to maintain the sanctions, maybe strengthen them, and wait to see if the sanctions cause change. I know I'm a conservatard, but it seems like Iran needed this agreement more than we did, and I don't really see what we got out of acting now. :dunno:

Valid question.

My concern with crippling sanctions is you potentially force Iran to develop a nuke (if they possibly can) since that is the only way they could regain leverage.

I don't know if that was the thought here but it's the first thing that comes to my mind. Sanctions are a good way of altering behavior but they're not a very good permanent solution - at least not if your opponent is potentially dangerous when cornered.

These dumbasses thought he did. :music_guitarred:

So, if the democrats who believed what Bush told them and voted for the war are dumbasses, I guess that means President Obama is the smart one.

Valid question.

My concern with crippling sanctions is you potentially force Iran to develop a nuke (if they possibly can) since that is the only way they could regain leverage.

I don't know if that was the thought here but it's the first thing that comes to my mind. Sanctions are a good way of altering behavior but they're not a very good permanent solution - at least not if your opponent is potentially dangerous when cornered.

Thanks for the response. Can we agree that their uranium program is entirely to develop a nuke? I mean, I know that they say it is for domestic energy... gee, if only they had a plentiful alternative energy source...

So... Iran wants nukes. The question is when not if. We decided to do this deal which on the surface helps them more than it hurts, in hopes of delaying it. On the surface I'd have delayed as I said, but admittedly I don't have all of the details.

I don't know if I've said it before, but on the subject of what we should do, my thoughts are that it involves the following: we can play this diplomacy bullshiot game but we all know that the end result is eventually you have nukes. Congrats. Here are the rules: you never use them unless you are attacked by nukes. If you do, we turn your country into a focking sheet of glass. I'm not sure Obama could pull it off, but that is the attitude we need to take. Because agreement or no agreement, those barbarians and others are eventually going to have them.

One of the reasons the sanctions work so well against Iran is that everybody participates in enforcing them. If Iran is willing to negotiate in good faith, or at least be perceived to be doing so in good faith, international support for the sanctions collapses.

Also Jerry is right, there's no other (civilian) reason for Iran to have a nuclear program. If they actually do worry about their carbon footprint from their massive oil reserves, they also have plenty of wind and sunshine. The program is there to develop a bomb.

Thanks for the response. Can we agree that their uranium program is entirely to develop a nuke? I mean, I know that they say it is for domestic energy... gee, if only they had a plentiful alternative energy source...

So... Iran wants nukes. The question is when not if. We decided to do this deal which on the surface helps them more than it hurts, in hopes of delaying it. On the surface I'd have delayed as I said, but admittedly I don't have all of the details.

I don't know if I've said it before, but on the subject of what we should do, my thoughts are that it involves the following: we can play this diplomacy bullshiot game but we all know that the end result is eventually you have nukes. Congrats. Here are the rules: you never use them unless you are attacked by nukes. If you do, we turn your country into a focking sheet of glass. I'm not sure Obama could pull it off, but that is the attitude we need to take. Because agreement or no agreement, those barbarians and others are eventually going to have them.

It seemingly is inevitable but I'd still put it off as long as possible. Mutually assured destruction assumes you are dealing with rational actors. But think of all the groups whose hands those nukes could fall into. Do you want ISIS getting a nuke? That's the real threat imo.

Daniel Pipes reviews the wreckage of Barack Obama’s foreign policies:

Count the mistakes: Helping overthrow Muammar Qaddafi in Libya, leading to anarchy and civil war. Pressuring Husni Mubarak of Egypt to resign, then backing the Muslim Brotherhood, leading now-president Sisi to turn toward Moscow. Alienating Washington’s most stalwart ally in the region, the Government of Israel. Dismissing ISIS as “junior varsity” just before it seized major cities. Hailing Yemen as a counterterrorism success just before its government was overthrown. Alarming the Saudi authorities to the point that they put together a military alliance against Iran. Coddling Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of Turkey, encouraging his dictatorial tendencies. Leaving Iraq and Afghanistan prematurely, dooming the vast American investment in those two countries.

And, most of all: Making dangerously flawed deals with the nuclear-ambitious mullahs of Iran.

Where does that rank as compared to allowing terrorists to blow up the trade center and Pentagon, surrendering to bin Laden and lying us into war in Iraq? :dunno:

• Like 1

LOL Leaving Iraq and Afghanistan prematurely. Bwahahahah It would have been premature if we stayed for 20 more years. Those two wars are not on Obama. He cut ties before billions more were spent and thousands more lives. Obama also nailed it with how he handled Russia. And Bin Laden.

I give him a B+. Bordering on an A-

Where does that rank as compared to allowing terrorists to blow up the trade center and Pentagon, surrendering to bin Laden and lying us into war in Iraq? :dunno:

Conservatives like to b1tch about how Clinton supposedly didn't do anything after the bombing of the USS Cole.

So if you think about it, Obummer has probably been our best foreign policy president in 22 years going back to H.W. :o

Daniel Pipes reviews the wreckage of Barack Obama’s foreign policies:

Count the mistakes: Helping overthrow Muammar Qaddafi in Libya, leading to anarchy and civil war. Pressuring Husni Mubarak of Egypt to resign, then backing the Muslim Brotherhood, leading now-president Sisi to turn toward Moscow. Alienating Washington’s most stalwart ally in the region, the Government of Israel. Dismissing ISIS as “junior varsity” just before it seized major cities. Hailing Yemen as a counterterrorism success just before its government was overthrown. Alarming the Saudi authorities to the point that they put together a military alliance against Iran. Coddling Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of Turkey, encouraging his dictatorial tendencies. Leaving Iraq and Afghanistan prematurely, dooming the vast American investment in those two countries.

And, most of all: Making dangerously flawed deals with the nuclear-ambitious mullahs of Iran.

I thought you didn't have time...

Now...back to the WMD claims chief. Going to answer for them?

Doubtful.

Also...another great copy and paste job with no link...that must be why you can't answer the WMD question, you can't find anything to copy and paste someone else's thoughts for you...so you fall into the "I didn't have time" and "you're a racist" crap.

Well, maybe he didn't solve Iran..

President Barack Obama called the framework agreement Secretary of State John Kerry and other representatives of the P5+1 reached in Lausanne “historic.” Alas, as time passes and more is learned about the agreement and Iran’s understanding of it, the more it does seem to be “historic,” but for all the wrong reasons.

One of the key concerns of the international community and the International Atomic Energy Agency has been “possible military dimensions” of Iran’s nuclear program (see the annex to this IAEA report for a listing of these). Much of the work Iran conducted on military dimensions of a nuclear program occurred in Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps facilities and on their bases.

Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan today said that the Lausanne Framework does not commit Iran to provide international inspectors access to such military facilities.

From Fars News:

Iranian Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan has rejected reports on inspection of the country’s military facilities being included in the recent deal achieved by Iran and the world powers (P5+1) in Switzerland’s Lausanne on April 2, Fars news agency reported on April 8. According to Fars, commenting on “domestic media highlighting such baseless claims by foreign media about the Lausanne agreement,” Dehqan said, “Such actions do not serve national interests, but in fact set the ground for enemy’s excessive demands… The Supreme Leader’s, the government’s approach and the determination of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s nuclear negotiating team together do not allow the other party to impose anything on the Iranian nation.” Referring to “false claims by foreign media outlets such as the Guardian newspaper” on inspection of the country’s military facilities being a part of the Lausanne statement, Dehqan stressed: “There is no such agreement. Basically, inspection of military facilities is a red line and no inspection of any kind from such facilities would be accepted.”

So the Iranian government now contradicts President Obama’s announcement and the State Department fact-sheet with regard to when sanctions will be lifted, centrifuges, enrichment, and even plutonium. Now let’s add inspections and possible military dimensions to the list. Obama is right. The Lausanne agreement is historic. It will be studied by generations of diplomats who will use it to illustrate American naïveté, Iranian duplicity, and the dangers of not actually gaining agreements in writing.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2015/04/08/iran-military-sites-off-limits-to-inspectors/#.VSVurrwfKzg.twitter

Does it concern you at all that you've become a mouthpiece of Iranian propaganda? I know you hate obama and all but damn.

This is even worse than when you sided with Putin because you thought he was making Obummer look bad.

Does it concern you at all that you've become a mouthpiece of Iranian propaganda? I know you hate obama and all but damn.

This is even worse than when you sided with Putin because you thought he was making Obummer look bad.

Ironically speaking, does it concern you at all?

I guess you are also good with military bases being off limits, strange..

:dunno:

I'll need a refresher on Putin by the way, hunt down that link for me. Thanks in advance.

Ironically speaking, does it concern you at all?

I guess you are also good with military bases being off limits, strange..

:dunno:

I'll need a refresher on Putin by the way, hunt down that link for me. Thanks in advance.

This post doesn't even make sense :wacko:

Not sure why you would link to a thread where I prove my statement right...that they had no active WMD program.

That thread where you got your ass handed to you...then your an away.

See post 12

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=443031&p=5418629

Bump for baker...better jerry? Or going to get pissed about that too?

Bump for baker...better jerry? Or going to get pissed about that too?

Better, yes. That being said, I assure you I haven't been pissed about anything here in years. Long ago when I was a young bored padawan I got emotionally involved in threads, but no more. :cheers:

It's inconceivable that the Iranian defense minister thinks he can tell weapons inspectors where and when they can and can't look. Somebody on the Iranian side better straighten him out if they want sanction relief because if he does follow through on his red line and refuses to allow inspectors onto military bases, I would think that would kill the deal.

Iran: No signing final nuclear deal unless economic sanctions are lifted

(CNN)Iran will sign a final nuclear agreement only if economic sanctions against the nation are removed on the first day of the deal's implementation, President Hassan Rouhani said Thursday.

Well, so much for "the sanctions will only be lifted when we've confirmed yada yada yada"........

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/09/politics/iran-nuclear-bill/index.html

I do not know all the specifics on this because my assuption is that you can't negotiate or reason with crazy people. It's why the whole middle east stuff is so difficult.

1. Nobody wants a "war", nobody wants to send troops and fight over there.

2. But, you can't negotiate or reason with them either.

So WTF to do?

Secretary of State John Kerry warned Iran over its increased involvement in Yemen's civil war Wednesday, vowing that the U.S. would not "stand by" as the Middle East became destabilized.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/09/kerry-says-us-wont-stand-by-in-middle-east-as-iran-steps-up-yemen-involvement/

Still running from this http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=443938&p=5444772

Just try one time not to run after you get proven to be full of crap.

Or maybe call me a racist again to deflect from your BS.

I do not know all the specifics on this because my assuption is that you can't negotiate or reason with crazy people. It's why the whole middle east stuff is so difficult.

1. Nobody wants a "war", nobody wants to send troops and fight over there.

2. But, you can't negotiate or reason with them either.

So WTF to do?

A fair question. You can toss out negotiating altogether, which is clearly what the right wants, but then what? Your only option left seems to be war.

A fair question. You can toss out negotiating altogether, which is clearly what the right wants, but then what? Your only option left seems to be war.

Sanctions...sanctions.....and more sanctions. Cur them off from as much of the rest of the world as you can. Eventually the people will get fed up and throw the mullahs out.

Also, use cruise missiles to bomb the fukk out of everything related to their nuke program.

Signing any agreement with them is useless cuz they will not live up to it. Obama will do it so he can say he solved the Iran nuke issue, and mouth breathers like you will buy it.

Sanctions...sanctions.....and more sanctions. Cur them off from as much of the rest of the world as you can. Eventually the people will get fed up and throw the mullahs out.

Also, use cruise missiles to bomb the fukk out of everything related to their nuke program.

Signing any agreement with them is useless cuz they will not live up to it. Obama will do it so he can say he solved the Iran nuke issue, and mouth breathers like you will buy it.

We've been doing sanctions - they're still getting closer to having nukes. Reason being that obtaining nukes would give them tremendous leverage. So I know it makes you feel all tough and stuff :bandana: but in actuality it probably only increases the likelihood that Iran will obtain nukes