Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** 2015 NFL Draft Round 1 - Discussion Thread **

So we pick a special teams guy first round. Fan Freakin Tastic.

Lol

I swear some of these teams with OL teams are in flat-out denial. Thompson is a flat-out great and versatile athlete, but I'm not really sure how he is a priority over fixing the line.

Sounds like Dallas has taken Byron Jones - cb. I'm most pleased. :thumbsup:

Veldeheer, Iupati, Cooper, Humphries...Arizona's OL could be scary good in the not too distant future.

Veldeheer, Iupati, Cooper, Humphries...Arizona's OL could be scary good in the not too distant future.

Hope you are right. Can't hurt to have a good OL in the NFC West. I wonder though if they are less than convinced that Cooper will ever work out. Regardless, he won't sniff the left side with Veldheer and Iupati there. Maybe start on the right side? Massie isn't bad at RT though. Guess we'll see. Humphries was a 5 star recruit and some folks think he has the most upside of any OL in the draft, so maybe the Cards think they can let him develop for a year.

We got a future pro bowler, and didn't have to move to do it. Sweet!

Lol

He was a late second, third round prospect. And they take him 25th overall. I just puked.

We got a future pro bowler, and didn't have to move to do it. Sweet!

Has a UConn draft pick ever worked out? Seems like almost every year they have somebody picked in the first two rounds who turns out to be a total bust. :dunno:

He was a late second, third round prospect. And they take him 25th overall. I just puked.

I'd say an early-mid second. I wouldn't have hated the Vikings taking him in the second.

1.28 - Lions select Laken Tomlinson

Not terribly football relevant, but I loved his face standing there holding up the uni. Seems genuinely humbled by the experience. :thumbsup:

Gotta get a fast guy for Baltimore's planned pass interference plays.

Not too happy with the pick since Ozzie hasn't been great at picking 1st round WRs. Hopefully he can at least be a decent Torrey replacement.

1.30 - Packers select Damarious Randall

With Malcom Brown available...Im surprised at this.

Burnett, Hyde, and HaHa on the roster at safety and they go with a cover guy who isn't all that physical.

Unless they play on him playing corner or some hybrid role?

I don't know.

Sounds like Dallas has taken Byron Jones - cb. I'm most pleased. :thumbsup:

Thought they'd go for a cover safety, but then Jones played safety in college too.

Good pick by the pats. Quality player got late in the draft

Amazed he fell so far.

With Malcom Brown available...Im surprised at this.

Burnett, Hyde, and HaHa on the roster at safety and they go with a cover guy who isn't all that physical.

Unless they play on him playing corner or some hybrid role?

I don't know.

Every mock I saw had them going ILB.

Not terribly football relevant, but I loved his face standing there holding up the uni. Seems genuinely humbled by the experience. :thumbsup:

He should be. He was rising fast, but still mocked in the middle of the second round. There was a time I hoped Oakland would get him at the top of the third, that's how fast he rose.

Amazed he fell so far.

My jaw dropped when the Lions passed on him, after trading down. Steal of the 1st round.

Every mock I saw had them going ILB.

Yeah...Kendricks kept dropping...didn't see a ton of sure fire ILBs IMO late.

THought DT with Malcom Brown when he fell or even OLB.

Now that I read they will play Randall at corner...I feel a bit better.

Thompson seemed to indicate he was the "best" player on D for ASU and they played him at S because of necessity.

Slot guy to start the year unless he looks better than Hayward right off the bat.

So far I'm happy with the first round for the pats so far. Can't beat the value they got with a stick

Has a UConn draft pick ever worked out? Seems like almost every year they have somebody picked in the first two rounds who turns out to be a total bust. :dunno:

Greg Lloyd made 5 Pro Bowls, was named All Pro 3 times, named to Pittsburgh's All Time Team, inducted into Steelers' HOF. I'd say he worked out.

Amazed he fell so far.

Vince Wilfork was a similar situation. He fell to NE at 21 in the 2004 draft. One of the best 21st picks ever for sure.