Sign in to follow this  
Baltimore Residents Fearful Amid Rash Of Homicides...

So they complain about the cops and what they do and want the cops off the streets... So now:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/28/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-rash-of-homicides/

BALTIMORE (AP) Antoinette Perrine has barricaded her front door since her brother was killed three weeks ago on a basketball court near her home in the Harlem Park neighborhood of West Baltimore.

She already has iron bars outside her windows and added metal slabs on the inside to deflect the gunfire.

Im afraid to go outside, said Perrine, 47. Its so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside. People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? Theyre nowhere.

Perrines brother is one of 36 people killed in Baltimore so far this month, already the highest homicide count for May since 1999. But while homicides are spiking, arrests have plunged more than 50 percent compared to last year.

The drop in arrests followed the death of Freddie Gray from injuries he suffered in police custody. Grays death sparked protests against the police and some rioting, and led to the indictment of six officers.

Now West Baltimore residents worry theyve been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them. In recent weeks, some neighborhoods have become like the Wild West without a lawman around, residents said.

Before it was over-policing. Now theres no police, said Donnail Dreads Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was arrested.

I havent seen the police since the riots, Lee said. People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police arent pulling them up like they used to.

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said last week his officers are not holding back from policing tough neighborhoods, but they are encountering dangerous hostility in the Western District.

Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time, Batts said.

Let them kill each other for all I care. They want to harass innocent officers when they come through to try and make the place safe only to be surrounded by a mob of them

Let them kill each other for all I care. They want to harass innocent officers when they come through to try and make the place safe only to be surrounded by a mob of them

It is clear that the Baltimore Police are conducting a "slowdown".

While I am not in complete agreement with this tactic I anticipated that this might happen, and I know why they are doing it.

Arrests are down by some absurd number, like 50%, crimes are escalating; the police are letting the people know they they can essentially go fock themselves.

Ancillary effects include reduced number of people patronizing the downtown area, businesses suffer and so too do the people as they allow the mob to rule the asylm. Eventually, it affects the finances of the city and this is where elected officials bother to start to care.

I'd like to think the cops aren't punishing the overwhelming majority of good citizens and peaceful protestors for the actions of a minority of violent protestors by deliberately endangering the people they're supposed to be serving.

That would be seriously dirtbag low.

I'd like to think the cops aren't punishing the overwhelming majority of good citizens and peaceful protestors for the actions of a minority of violent protestors by deliberately endangering the people they're supposed to be serving.

The overwhelming good citizens should start their own rally in support of the BPD. That would be a step in the right direction.

Every officer should just walk away and leave the "shoppers" to their own devices. I wonder how long it would take before the public has an attitude adjustment.

But of course that is what they are doing.

Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes. The police are giving them exactly what they wanted, no one is now be hassled, questioned, or held accountable for their actions. Here you go Baltimore, enjoy the ride......

Would not be shocked to see some exodus of people, taking with them their tax income, from the city, see how that fits in to those who contributed to this. The negative outcomes will last for a few decades I think. To those who are left in the city, enjoy it, you earned it.

Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes. The police are giving them exactly what they wanted, no one is now be hassled, questioned, or held accountable for their actions. Here you go Baltimore, enjoy the ride......

Uh the people throwing rocks, looting, starting fires etc. are the same ones who are threatening to citizens like the 47 y/o mother quoted in this article. I would like to think the cops wouldn't deliberately punish the majority of good people for the actions of the bad ones, but I see many folks here are exactly that petty.

Uh the people throwing rocks, looting, starting fires etc. are the same ones who are threatening to citizens like the 47 y/o mother quoted in this article. I would like to think the cops wouldn't deliberately punish the majority of good people for the actions of the bad ones, but I see many folks here are exactly that petty.

I don't think it's as much punishment as it is them fearing for their lives. Two cops in a cop car going down one of those neighborhoods can get swarmed and shot at just cause the people don't like them. What it's gonna take is the national guard actually going in and cleaning house.

Really, what proof do you have that this is true?

I would agree with your clumsy attempt to counter with the fact that there are plenty of people in the city who need the police who now do not have them, and do not deserve this treatment. I would like to seem THEM protest the people who are so ready to assail the police, but alas, the mob might kill them.....

I say let it burn, and with it all those people who seem so eager to protest and complain about their protectors. Let them feel how bad life can truly be. they have already p!ssed and whined about the police being meanies, now of course, come the complaints that they are not doing their job.

Funny how the tide will turn on people when they act stupidly.

I don't think it's as much punishment as it is them fearing for their lives. Two cops in a cop car going down one of those neighborhoods can get swarmed and shot at just cause the people don't like them. What it's gonna take is the national guard actually going in and cleaning house.

Oh that's fine. Seemed like some folks here were delighting in the idea that cops might "punish" the public by not doing their job. But we all know that punishing the entire public or the actions of some rioters would be stupid and dirtbaggoty low. :thumbsup:

Oh that's fine. Seemed like some folks here were delighting in the idea that cops might "punish" the public by not doing their job. But we all know that punishing the entire public or the actions of some rioters would be stupid and dirtbaggoty low. :thumbsup:

Of course it is wrong, and as stated, not sure i am good with it, but sometimes people think its fun or right to do certain things, as they did in Baltimore, then the law of untintended consequences comes in. And iI do enjoy seeing stupidity circling back around upon the stupid, as is happening.

"It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside," Perrine said. "People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."

West Baltimore residents worry they've been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them, leaving some neighborhoods like the Wild West without a lawman around.

"Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was chased down. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said his officers "are not holding back," despite encountering dangerous hostility in the Western District.

"Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time," Batts said.

Batts provided more details at a City Council meeting Wednesday night, saying officers now fear getting arrested for making mistakes.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2015/05/28/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-rash-of-homicides

No you stupid.....stupid....fock, not over policing, just normal policing a community that does not know how to focking behave. Live with it, you wanted it.....

Really, what proof do you have that this is true?

I would agree with your clumsy attempt to counter with the fact that there are plenty of people in the city who need the police who now do not have them, and do not deserve this treatment. I would like to seem THEM protest the people who are so ready to assail the police, but alas, the mob might kill them.....

I say let it burn, and with it all those people who seem so eager to protest and complain about their protectors. Let them feel how bad life can truly be. they have already p!ssed and whined about the police being meanies, now of course, come the complaints that they are not doing their job.

Funny how the tide will turn on people when they act stupidly.

I am assuming that the 47 year old woman cited in this story was not lighting fires, looting or otherwise causing violence because I have no reason to think that's the case. You're the one assuming that people complaining about the lack of police presence now are the same folks who were rioting a few weeks ago. Unless you're suggesting that anyone who protested the way the Freddie Gray case was handled, even if they were entirely peaceful in their complaints, deserves to be abandoned by the cops now?

That would be what I'd expect out of RLLD. ;)

As much as you'd like to turn this into some kind of punishment for the riots, the vast majority of people who would be effected by a deliberate slowdown in police presence are good citizens and cheering on their "punishment" for riots a few weeks ago is about as low class as you can get.

I am assuming that the 47 year old woman cited in this story was not lighting fires, looting or otherwise causing violence because I have no reason to think that's the case. You're the one assuming that people complaining about the lack of police presence now are the same folks who were rioting a few weeks ago. Unless you're suggesting that anyone who protested the way the Freddie Gray case was handled, even if they were entirely peaceful in their complaints, deserves to be abandoned by the cops now?

That would be what I'd expect out of RLLD. ;)

As much as you'd like to turn this into some kind of punishment for the riots, the vast majority of people who would be effected by a deliberate slowdown in police presence are good citizens and cheering on their "punishment" for riots a few weeks ago is about as low class as you can get.

So then we both peformed that same assumption, gotcha. And accordingly, when someone other than yourself does something its wrong, but when you do it, its just fine.

Baltimore is not a large city, but the numbe of people behaving like retards was not representative of the populace, and now that larger populace is going to suffer because primarily of the sins of the mayor, community leaders, and other elected officials.

They bailed on their police force, now the animals are empowered and acting thusly, and now the police fear to peform their work as they should, understandably. This is what the people, including and most notable the mayor, prosecutor and others, wanted.....enjoy it.....when things come back to people, I do enjoy seeing them squirm under the weight of their own actions.

So then we both peformed that same assumption, gotcha. And accordingly, when someone other than yourself does something its wrong, but when you do it, its just fine.

Baltimore is not a large city, but the numbe of people behaving like retards was not representative of the populace, and now that larger populace is going to suffer because primarily of the sins of the mayor, community leaders, and other elected officials.

They bailed on their police force, now the animals are empowered and acting thusly, and now the police fear to peform their work as they should, understandably. This is what the people, including and most notable the mayor, prosecutor and others, wanted.....enjoy it.....when things come back to people, I do enjoy seeing them squirm under the weight of their own actions.

If you have some reason to think this 47 y/o woman was violently protesting go right ahead and say it. It's not on me to disprove your unfounded prejudices, pal. ;)

You said "Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes." I'm just pointing out that the vast majority of the 622,000 residents of Baltimore were not throwing rocks, looting, burning, etc. Hell, I'd venture to guess the vast majority of the actual protestors weren't doing anything illegal.

So just think about that before you get yourself into a breathless flopsweat over those ingrates getting paid back for having the nerve to complain k boss?

Elections have consequences.

When the mayor sides with the morons and fans the flames of hatred toward the PD this is what happens.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

But of course that is what they are doing.

Would not be shocked to see some exodus of people, taking with them their tax income, from the city, see how that fits in to those who contributed to this. The negative outcomes will last for a few decades I think. To those who are left in the city, enjoy it, you earned it.

They should all be fired then for abdicating their responsibility.

If you have some reason to think this 47 y/o woman was violently protesting go right ahead and say it. It's not on me to disprove your unfounded prejudices, pal. ;)

You said "Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes." I'm just pointing out that the vast majority of the 622,000 residents of Baltimore were not throwing rocks, looting, burning, etc. Hell, I'd venture to guess the vast majority of the actual protestors weren't doing anything illegal.

So just think about that before you get yourself into a breathless flopsweat over those ingrates getting paid back for having the nerve to complain k boss?

If you have some reason to suggest that none of the protesters are affected I will allow that you might be right, they are likely enjoying the freedom to continue their respective criminal activity, but I leave that to you for that one.

As I stated, that vast majority of residents were likely not involved in the rioting, yet get to deal with the outcomes.

Now, before you engage in your next deductive fallacy and attempt another strawman, let me restate.....cops are wrong if they do not do their job, but in this case I can understand why they might be fearful to do thier job, and this victory allowing the animals to run wild is one that the protesters, mayor, community leaders can all own....and the people of Baltimore can collectively deal with...and I do hope people leave teh city.....and the aforementioned can enjoy their p[olice-hassle-free environment and all that comes with it.

The streets in my neighborhood aren't swarming with police and no one is killing each other. Sad that some in this thread come in to complain about police, basically saying that some people cannot control themselves.

They should all be fired then for abdicating their responsibility.

I think yes, you are correct. Might be tough to prove of course, and good luck hiring anyone to do the job, and enjoy all the lawsuits from the minoroty and femal officers who will guy the cities finances.

If you have some reason to suggest that none of the protesters are affected I will allow that you might be right, they are likely enjoying the freedom to continue their respective criminal activity, but I leave that to you for that one.

As I stated, that vast majority of residents were likely not involved in the rioting, yet get to deal with the outcomes.

Now, before you engage in your next deductive fallacy and attempt another strawman, let me restate.....cops are wrong if they do not do their job, but in this case I can understand why they might be fearful to do thier job, and this victory allowing the animals to run wild is one that the protesters, mayor, community leaders can all own....and the people of Baltimore can collectively deal with...and I do hope people leave teh city.....and the aforementioned can enjoy their p[olice-hassle-free environment and all that comes with it.

You said:

"Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes."

Just saying the vast majority of people in Baltimore were not throwing rocks, looting or behaving like retards. So the people living with the outcomes are mostly not the people you're PO'd at.

I also find your suggestion that community leaders etc. who peacefully protested the way the Freddie Gray case was handled were responsible for the riots and deserve to be abandoned ... I don't know, sort of fascist and ass hole-ish?

People are not allowed to say things you don't like now without public servants punishing them? I hope the garbage man finds out you're anti first amendment and stops picking up your trash. Maybe the mailman will stop delivering your letters too.

That'll learn you for saying stuff. :rolleyes:

People are not allowed to say things you don't like now without public servants punishing them? I hope the garbage man finds out you're anti first amendment and stops picking up your trash. Maybe the mailman will stop delivering your letters too.

Cops do not exist to prevent crime, HTH.

Cops do not exist to prevent crime, HTH.

That's an interesting nonsequitur. I'm sort of wondering whether it's factually correct and wtf it means in the context if this conversation? Well played Timmah.

You said:

"Now all those people who wanted to throw rocks, loot, burn and otherwise behave like retards can live with the outcomes."

Just saying the vast majority of people in Baltimore were not throwing rocks, looting or behaving like retards. So the people living with the outcomes are mostly not the people you're PO'd at.

I also find your suggestion that community leaders etc. who peacefully protested the way the Freddie Gray case was handled were responsible for the riots and deserve to be abandoned ... I don't know, sort of fascist and ass hole-ish?

That'll learn you for saying stuff. :rolleyes:

Correct I did say that, and i will restate once again, that it unfortunately will include those who did not act like retards.

I think anyone who allowed the protests to transpire as they did is responsible, and yes I include a swath of people in that context, hope that those who participated, allowed it to occure, encouraqged it, defended all fell some measure of pain.

That last strawman, with a splash of equivocation unfortunately strays to a point where I do not follow. But in general they can stop picking up trash or delivering mail, so long as they do not burn stuff, and if they do then I will celebrate any consequences that come back to them.

Now, circling back to the fact that the cops are being castigated for doing their job, and that government and community leaders are culpable for the outcomes, i will celebrate that this is coming back to them all. Perhaps and just maybe, the incesssant whining about cops doing their job will stop when people miss them.

That's an interesting nonsequitur. I'm sort of wondering whether it's factually correct and wtf it means in the context if this conversation? Well played Timmah.

I have heard that one before, that the cops are not in the business of preventing crime, I also am not sure about that as being a true doctrine.....

Cops don't want to make a mistake pursuing crime aggressively for fear of indictment t in the current climate. They don't think they would get a fair shake. Can't say I blame them.

The residents spoke out against proactive policing, now they're experiencing reactive policing.

Bingo

Correct I did say that, and i will restate once again, that it unfortunately will include those who did not act like retards.

I think anyone who allowed the protests to transpire as they did is responsible, and yes I include a swath of people in that context, hope that those who participated, allowed it to occure, encouraqged it, defended all fell some measure of pain.

That last strawman, with a splash of equivocation unfortunately strays to a point where I do not follow. But in general they can stop picking up trash or delivering mail, so long as they do not burn stuff, and if they do then I will celebrate any consequences that come back to them.

Now, circling back to the fact that the cops are being castigated for doing their job, and that government and community leaders are culpable for the outcomes, i will celebrate that this is coming back to them all. Perhaps and just maybe, the incesssant whining about cops doing their job will stop when people miss them.

So yeah, you think people who complained about the way the cops handled Freddie Gray are getting their just desserts.

I guess we're done here. :doh:

Your indignance is clogging your synapses. You are whining about police presence. Why?

Your indignance is clogging your synapses. You are whining about police presence. Why?

Oh now I get it: You're mad about what I said but instead of actually engaging in dialogue you're just going to throw out nonsense and claim I said things I didn't say.

The overwhelming good citizens should start their own rally in support of the BPD. That would be a step in the right direction.

one brave former vet did the first night of the riots.

one

Freddie Gray lived the life of a street criminal, and as often happens when you choose to live that life, misfortune finds you. The people of Baltimore decided to champion poor Freedie, even though he made their community worse. Let's stop acting like poor Freddie got yanked out of church and was strung up. Life long criminal who was in the game.

The only solution to this growing problem is a Federal Police Force and a ban on all fire arms.

Freddie Gray lived the life of a street criminal, and as often happens when you choose to live that life, misfortune finds you. The people of Baltimore decided to champion poor Freedie, even though he made their community worse. Let's stop acting like poor Freddie got yanked out of church and was strung up. Life long criminal who was in the game.

The propoganda machine was in full swing. It is repugnant that the only time a life matters is when the police are involved, otherwise there is next to nothing done. But it does integrate rather tightly with the spectrum of stupidity rampant within the AA community.

Violence in Baltimore reaches record highs

The double murder Thursday of a young mother and her 7-year-old boy brought Baltimore's bloody monthly homicide tally to 38, a figure that dwarfs that of similar-sized cities and even exceeds the total for the same period in New York.

Jennifer Jeffery-Browne, 31, and her son, Kester, were found shot to death in their southwest Baltimore home, leaving friends and family heartbroken and city officials scrambling to reverse a tide of carnage that began following the racially-charged death of a black man in police custody. Police say the way City Hall and the local prosecutor handled the Gray case, which sparked several days of rioting and looting and led to the indictments of six cops, has handcuffed them and emboldened criminals.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/30/murder-capital-baltimores-homicide-explosion-in-wake-freddie-gray-case-dwarfs/

Baltimore riots will cost city at least $20 million - and all the estimates aren't in yet

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/28/baltimore-riots-will-cost-city-at-least-20-million/

Sales are next to nothing': Merchants worry crime crisis could cast pall over Baltimore downtown

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/28/baltimore-merchants-crime-crisis/

Liberal politics at its bests but the sheep still don't get it.