Sign in to follow this  
DrG

2015 Breakout TE

Care to elaborate on that ridiculous statement?

I kind of agree with Tan here. I don't think Ertz is really draftable. He hasn't done much at all.

Ertz is a top ten TE in my eyes.

I'll take Delanie walker all day over Ertz

Ertz is entering his third year in the pros. Most tight ends don't emerge as viable offensive options in their first two years.

I'm willing to bet Ertz finishes ahead of one or more of Olsen/Martellus/Kelce

Ertz is entering his third year in the pros. Most tight ends don't emerge as viable offensive options in their first two years.

I'm willing to bet Ertz finishes ahead of one or more of Olsen/Martellus/Kelce

Idk about that. The qb situation is extremely shaky as is. I think if the eagles had a 100% healthy bradford it would still be difficult for ertz to rise that high.

Boom bust swing for the fences- Cameron

Young TE to step into TE1 territory- Eifert

Forgotten veteran TE who will bounce back- Witten

• Like 1

Care to elaborate on that ridiculous statement?

Sure, he hasnt proven squat to me and has just as much chance of breaking out as any te in the league who vaguely starts. I just dont see what the fuss is about. Hes not on my top 10 te and I usually dont even put more than 7 or 8 on my list of draftable te to begin with. Also bradford is awful, but im not even factoring that into my opinion. Ertz is just a guy to me.

Hard to see Ertz who in PPR last season avg 9:1 points per game last season and that would rank him 17th hard to see him shooting up the list and into the top 10 with the same question mark at Qb like the Eagle had last season . Plus adding both Murray and Matthews won't help him make the top ten , now you have three Rb that have been good in the passing game .

I can see a bounce back season in some sort for Witten . Someone needs to replace the 64 targets that Murray had last season . Don't see anyone from the backfield doing so .

• Like 1

Vernon Davis is a bounce back candidate

Would be hard to see him not bouncing back . He was awful last season . I think I saw something about him , that he said he was hurt all last season don't know . Of course the growth at the Qb postion would help .

Vernon Davis is a bounce back candidate

I can def see this. I dont personally believe it will happen but he's a strong case for one.

Would be hard to see him not bouncing back . He was awful last season . I think I saw something about him , that he said he was hurt all last season don't know . Of course the growth at the Qb postion would help .

That excuse people give that they were hurt all year is always BS. Just a sad excuse for sucking.

For those that have a deep bench, some thought should be given to handcuffing shrink w Chandler

Ladarius Green - Gates best years are behi...............................................................ever mind.

Gates suspended four games for PEDs. Green might have a shot.

Gates suspended four games for PEDs. Green might have a shot.

I just focking figured it out.

Ladarius Green is the pink dragon.

Owen Daniels is Broncos TE right? Yea, theres your overachieving TE for the year, your welcome.

Owen Daniels is Broncos TE right? Yea, theres your overachieving TE for the year, your welcome.

I was thinking about that when I heard he got traded to the Broncos. With Julius Thomas gone that opens up for Daniels. Peyton loves his tight ends and with his arm strength I could see Daniels getting a lot of love. He was already decent with the Texans so with Peyton I see him becoming a good TE this year to own

Donnell scored two tds last twelve games I think he is on my pass list not on my top eight .

No love for Larry Donnell?

Depends on which one you get. First month of the season Donell was a beast. Last couple months a lot of 4 rec for 30 yard type of stuff. Hard to see him breaking out when that o line is so bad. Eli's going to sling it all over this year, but I think Donell gets kept in to block most of the time.

- scraping the bowels of the 'el-cheapo' bin with the New York football J-E-T-S own Jace Amaro :thumbsup:

interesting stat the kid threw down last year ... 38 receptions, 20 of which went for first downs ... showed some decent chemistry with Geno :dunno:

ww fodder, will prolly go undrafted ... but, yeah ... this is for 'sleeper' te's, no?

Only problem with his 20 first down catches this season , is that Marshall will now take a lot of them catches from him .

I like Ertz more then Eifert . With Hill and Bernard and Green and Jones Bengals have to many weapons to pass the ball to for a team that does not not trust their Qb and wants to run the ball.

I like Ertz more then Eifert . With Hill and Bernard and Green and Jones Bengals have to many weapons to pass the ball to for a team that does not not trust their Qb and wants to run the ball.

Iggles - Murray, Mathews, Sproles, Matthews, Algohor, Celek ... ?

seems just as criwded in Philly, no?

i think Eifert is the play here, second best receiver on the Bangles.

Iggles - Murray, Mathews, Sproles, Matthews, Algohor, Celek ... ?

seems just as criwded in Philly, no?

i think Eifert is the play here, second best receiver on the Bangles.

Ok you have Eifert and I will take the better play with Ertz .

While I feel both teams are equally talented offensively (give or take), gotta side with this argument. The Eagles quarterbacks last season attempted 139 more passes than Andy Dalton.

ASJ 100%

this is the answer. Winston targeted his te heavily in college and will do so again with his light tower of a te in asj.

No question ASJ should have a bigger impact this season than last season .

Of the guys being drafted as starters right now, I think Cameron (TE9), Witten (TE11), and Walker (TE12) are all undervalued. Kelce (TE3), Julius Thomas (TE5), and Hill (TE10) all feel overrated. I really like where Olsen (TE4) and Bennett (TE6) are, and I think Bennett especially will be landing on a lot of my teams. Everybody with a deep roster should take Eifert or ASJ late as a backup, as many in the thread have already asserted; they're 13th rounders with exceptional upside.

I actually love Kelce, but I'm not willing to spend a 5th rounder on him when Greg Olsen is right there. Kelce has to exceed last year's numbers to justify being taken as TE3, and I think he's got a shot at it, but Maclin is so far and beyond every receiver KC had last year that there's more risk than I'd like.

• Like 2

Green is going to be the why did I take him guy.

Watch the chargers simply not use the TE while Gates is out rather than pretend Green is Gates. Classic FF trap setup here. Will aid Keenan Allen's huge bounce back year nicely.

Watch the chargers simply not use the TE while Gates is out rather than pretend Green is Gates. Classic FF trap setup here. Will aid Keenan Allen's huge bounce back year nicely.

Agree plus they did bring in wr S Johnson and this guy could get a lot of work with Gates out .

Agree plus they did bring in wr S Johnson and this guy could get a lot of work with Gates out .

- reports are that they're using SJ all over the place ... slot/outside, all formations.

Royal did some damage in similar role, and i think we'd all agree Stevie >> Eddie, no? :dunno:

can also be had on the verrrrry cheap, though subject to change once preseason gets underway ... but Rivers is the type of cat than can breathe some life into this dude ... i'm buying in all 3 leagues, and will reach if need be.