Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

so is the fight over? gay marriage

so now that gay marriage is legal everywhere...will the gay activists leave it at that? this is all they ever wanted right? acceptance and the same rights. do these these rights mean that their lifestyle should be taught in schools? equal adoption rights? will they leave churches alone?

will all those rainbowin' their profile pics be fine when their young children are being read fairy tales in school about two princes getting married?

• Like 1

So long as people like you, drobeski and RP are around, no.

will all those rainbowin' their profile pics be fine when their young children are being read fairy tales in school about two princes getting married?

Not sure this will happen all that often but at least those kids will be taught to know that there's not anything wrong with that.

Did you not see the backlash against the State of Indiana a couple of months ago for simply trying to ensure Religious Freedoms are not trampled on? Of course this will continue on......

LOL no. So the day after Martin Luther king gave his speech, was it all roses and hugs for the black people? I bet all the people that treated them like scum just all of a sudden treated them like equals after that huh. I wasnt alive but I bet that ish was crazy and still a wildly oppressive time.

LOL no. So the day after Martin Luther king gave his speech, was it all roses and hugs for the black people? I bet all the people that treated them like scum just all of a sudden treated them like equals after that huh. I wasnt alive but I bet that ish was crazy and still a wildly oppressive time.

im not really talking about hating on them. im just curious if now that they have equal rights like everyone else....will they now go after churches and fight for their lifestyle to be taught at schools? will there now be gay curriculum as a standard? will they go after identifying genders? one bathroom at schools?

I think when you're talking about sexual preference, parents might be worried that their child may be influenced by gay behavior/acceptance. Parents weren't worried that their kids would become black. Some of them were just racist.

Parents weren't worried that their kids would become black. Some of them were just racist.

We call them Wiggers

This. The same people who hated them before, will still hate them. Nothing will change there. They'll just be able to get married liker the rest of us now.

so now that gay marriage is legal everywhere...will the gay activists leave it at that? this is all they ever wanted right? acceptance and the same rights. do these these rights mean that their lifestyle should be taught in schools? equal adoption rights? will they leave churches alone?

adoption will be one they will fight for.

The rest seems like a pretty petty pre-emptive :cry:...but sweater vest wearing people won't agree with me on that.

Did you not see the backlash against the State of Indiana a couple of months ago for simply trying to ensure Religious Freedoms are not trampled on? Of course this will continue on......

You still think that huh?

Yeah...it was simply about that...not about discrimination at all.

Its posts like this that show you are nothing but a parrot for the talking points of the right.

And yes...as long as there are people out there that are bigoted and fighting to deny rights to other citizens...there will be a fight.

All I know is, I hope someone will stand up for the Christians. After all, they are the true victims in this.

I think when you're talking about sexual preference, parents might be worried that their child may be influenced by gay behavior/acceptance. Parents weren't worried that their kids would become black. Some of them were just racist.

Funny since races influence kids far more than sexuality. Gays dont make other people gay, but entire generations of white kids spend their lives acting black.

The entire term "religious freedoms" is just invented to give people an excuse for being hateful and bigoted towards another group of people. Being told you can't pray is taking away religious freedoms. Not allowing you to discriminate against others is not. Despite how hard they're trying to hide behind the bible as an excuse to be bigots

You still think that huh?

Yeah...it was simply about that...not about discrimination at all.

Its posts like this that show you are nothing but a parrot for the talking points of the right.

And yes...as long as there are people out there that are bigoted and fighting to deny rights to other citizens...there will be a fight.

I don't know the "talking points" of anybody. I have zero time to watch political shows.

But you're last sentence proves my point. I would hope there are some people, like me, who thinks there can be a balance (and room for both) between things like ghey marriage being legal, discriminatory practices in the workplace, etc. along with the freedom of religion and religious views. And there are going to be people who will try to unbalance those scales and tip it in thier favor based on their own personal world veiw. Hence, to answer the OP, No, this is not the end of the saga, there is much more to come.

Where is that balance you ask? I think that Pizza Joint in Indiana had it right. They'll serve anybody that walks into their restaurant, white, black, brown, ghey, straight, old and young. However if they were asked to cater (i.e. be a part of, have their name associated) a ghey wedding, they would respectfully decline as that is against their religious views. To me, that is a common sense balance of being respectful of ALL peoples rights. And yes, "all" includes religious people too.

The entire term "religious freedoms" is just invented to give people an excuse for being hateful and bigoted towards another group of people. Being told you can't pray is taking away religious freedoms. Not allowing you to discriminate against others is not. Despite how hard they're trying to hide behind the bible as an excuse to be bigots

Agreed. Religious freedom allows you to believe and practice what you want as long as it doesn't harm others. It's pretty simple

As a new parent I worry that kids are searching for individualism and schools are in to glorifying these alternative lifestyles as a way to show individualism and you a mixing really adult topics into adolescent minds that don't really grasp the big picture. I don't do Facebook but read they have some absurd amount of relationships status, and it's all about being unique.

The flip side is I don't really think school glorification will make my kid gay or straight, but will force these topics into teaching moments at an early age

so if a gay couple walks into a catholic church...they should have to marry them?

Funny since races influence kids far more than sexuality. Gays dont make other people gay, but entire generations of white kids spend their lives acting black.

Acting black, but not actually becoming black. Do you really think a kid never had gay sex for acceptance?

I don't know the "talking points" of anybody. I have zero time to watch political shows.

But you're last sentence proves my point. I would hope there are some people, like me, who thinks there can be a balance (and room for both) between things like ghey marriage being legal, discriminatory practices in the workplace, etc. along with the freedom of religion and religious views. And there are going to be people who will try to unbalance those scales and tip it in thier favor based on their own personal world veiw. Hence, to answer the OP, No, this is not the end of the saga, there is much more to come.

Where is that balance you ask? I think that Pizza Joint in Indiana had it right. They'll serve anybody that walks into their restaurant, white, black, brown, ghey, straight, old and young. However if they were asked to cater (i.e. be a part of, have their name associated) a ghey wedding, they would respectfully decline as that is against their religious views. To me, that is a common sense balance of being respectful of ALL peoples rights. And yes, "all" includes religious people too.

Sorry...but if you spew that what Indiana law was doing was to "simply" try to ensure Religious Freedom...you are doing nothing but regurgitating talking points.

And its odd how you claim not to know them...but many of your posts on multiple topics are straight party line talking points.

The Pizza Joint example...well, they had part of it right I guess.

But claiming its against their religion to provide services to a gay wedding was stretching things.

so if a gay couple walks into a catholic church...they should have to marry them?

Nope...because the government cannot force such things on any church.

1st Amendment gets in the way.

A person forming forming ones OWN opinion is only allowed if their belief is in line with yours.

A person forming forming ones OWN opinion is only allowed if their belief is in line with yours.

if I formed my own opinion that redheads are evil and I won't serve them in my restaurant, I may have the right to believe that, but I don't have the right to discriminate against them and not allow them to eat at my place like blondes and brunettes do

ok agreed. we'll see how that works out. and newbie is sayin otherwise

no, the next big battle for them is anti discrimination in the workplace. Meaning Christians won't be allowed to fire Gays. also meaning, Christian business owners won't be allowed to disallow service to gay Customer.

both of those are going to get ugly. Because of trips right into states rights issues. And also individual rights issues. Right now a bar or restaurant can refuse service to anybody for any reason. How do you change that specifically for gay people?

ok agreed. we'll see how that works out. and newbie is sayin otherwise

Where did I say otherwise?

no, the next big battle for them is anti discrimination in the workplace. Meaning Christians won't be allowed to fire Gays. also meaning, Christian business owners won't be allowed to disallow service to gay Customer.

both of those are going to get ugly. Because of trips right into states rights issues. And also individual rights issues. Right now a bar or restaurant can refuse service to anybody for any reason. How do you change that specifically for gay people?

right now, a bar owner can refuse to serve a man just because he's black?

right now, a bar owner can refuse to serve a man just because he's black?

theoretically, yes. Bars kick out people who have visible tattoos, where the wrong colors, you name it. It is there right as an individual citizen to serve who they want and what they want. Now would a business owner be that stupid to say because you're black know he would say because you're wearing a flat billed cap with a sticker on it.

and yes, I realize that last post was replete with terrific spelling errors. we're all going to have to deal with voice recognition text.

that's an old wives tale

that's an old wives tale

no, it is not. It is already being kicked around on the cable news shows like a activist. And it's absolutely true. Prove to me otherwise.

It gets in the way of the gay lobby, but they'll still try to force the issue. First, they'll go after tax exemption status of religious organizations.

20, 30 years from now, who knows? Just a dozen years ago, no one ever thought gays would be able to be legally married.

no, it is not. It is already being kicked around on the cable news shows like a activist. And it's absolutely true. Prove to me otherwise.

first amendment

God, youre not even worth it. Educate ypurself.

it's all good, the north american church could use a good dose of persecution

It gets in the way of the gay lobby, but they'll still try to force the issue. First, they'll go after tax exemption status of religious organizations.

20, 30 years from now, who knows? Just a dozen years ago, no one ever thought gays would be able to be legally married.

Going after the tax exempt status has been talked about long before recent events. And it should happen. Creflo Dollar and Scientology are good examples of why it should happen.

"He's chosen you to do his will,

And you spread the word in your Coupe DeVille"

• Like 1