Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Brady Suspension.... UPHELD - 4 games

I won't ever need a defense attorney.

There is literally no way you could make that statement.

Anyone could sue you at any time, baseless or not.

Anyone could make an allegation of criminal wrongdoing on your part at any time. Again, baseless or not.

I won't ever need a defense attorney.

see- - that's naive.

people need defense attorneys all the time even though they didn't do anything wrong.

you live in this simplistic black/white world... there's way more gray than you either care to accept or can understand.

relax with the name calling Sho - there are a handful of NFL people and Colts people who were involved in this from the beginning that have bad blood/history with Belichick and New England. I'm not doing the leg work to look it all up for you.

"Brady Destroys Cell Phone" - it's like moths to the fire, media outlets kill for these type of headlines and clicks. And now the masses are lathered and emotionally invested in it all.

They gave the first info...but the NFL is the one that went rolling with it.

Brady destroys cell phone is moths to the fire because it looks that bad

Except to homers.

Anyone could make an allegation of criminal wrongdoing on your part at any time. Again, baseless or not.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. So stop dancing. You said it yourself. The lawyer knew there was stuff on that phone that would incriminate Brady so he told him to destroy it. No different than a defense attorney telling a murderer not to mention certain things because it puts him at the crime scene. Scum.

And when you're a high profile guy like Tom Brady, the chances increase exponentially

Brady destroys cell phone is moths to the fire because it looks that bad

Except to homers.

it looks bad to homers too Sho.

I just want to know that this is really what happened. I don't particularly trust Roger and the NFL and there is clearly a battle over both public and legal opinion here.

Homers are under this impression that this is all just some made up thing that didnt happen. Why would the nfl conspire against their golden boy? Hes their main attraction, this whole scandal is terrible for them. They hate that it happened to Tom and the Pats. Theres not some illuminati plan in the works to frame Tom and plant deflated balls. It happened, they did it, its done.

I explained that. I also agreed that the Wells report took too long.

Whose fault is it that it took 6 weeks for the league to listen to his appeal? I seem to recall Brady's side pushing for the league to hear it immediately.

And whose fault is it that after hearing the appeal, Roger Goodell needed 5 weeks to announce a decision?

I'm quickly doing the math here, but the league as acted three times and it's taken them an average of 8 weeks per. Brady has acted twice, and it's taken him an average of 1 day per. Yet in your opinion, Brady is the one being slow. :doh:

Whose fault is it that it took 6 weeks for the league to listen to his appeal? I seem to recall Brady's side pushing for the league to hear it immediately.

And whose fault is it that after hearing the appeal, Roger Goodell needed 5 weeks to announce a decision?

I'm quickly doing the math here, but the league as acted three times and it's taken them an average of 8 weeks per. Brady has acted twice, and it's taken him an average of 1 day per. Yet in your opinion, Brady is the one being slow. :doh:

Brady is dragging it out. Period. Is it over now that the appeal has been decided on? No. Why? Because pretty boy STILL looks like a cheating liar. So onward he trudges. :yawn:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

First off, you have a link for the bolded? I don't think I've heard that yet.

But let's say it's true. Do you really believe the NFL asked for two of his other phones but weren't going to try to get the phone in question? You'd have to be a moron to think that.

Here's how it likely went:

NFL: give us your phone

Brady: no

NFL: Okay then give us the texts from your phone.

If brady complied they would've found something (anything) in those texts that "justified" their demand for the phone. NFL is back to demanding the phone with supposed ammo to back up said demand. That's how these things work

I object. Conjecture your Honor.

Homers are under this impression that this is all just some made up thing that didnt happen. Why would the nfl conspire against their golden boy? Hes their main attraction, this whole scandal is terrible for them. They hate that it happened to Tom and the Pats. Theres not some illuminati plan in the works to frame Tom and plant deflated balls. It happened, they did it, its done.

Former golden boy. Former model franchise. Current disgrace.

So that means that Hillary Clinton is automatically guilty for the illegal email server, right?

Can't find her guilty until she's charged. Shouldn't be so hard to do with a republican controlled congress. On the other hand, CryBrady has been charged.

uhhh... no it isn't.

it hasn't ever been about football.

it's about jealousy, public opinion, rehabilitating a disgraced commissioner, retribution, and personal vendettas.

Some of us have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. That would be fans of the New York Football Giants! 18-1 bichez, doh!

Can't find her guilty until she's charged. Shouldn't be so hard to do with a republican controlled congress. On the other hand, CryBrady has been charged.

Don't worry about posty. He had this bug setup going and thought he had his 'gotcha' moment with me. Until I enlightened him to the fact that I never once defended Hillary on any of that. And challenged him to find a post where I did. A very embarrassing moment for poor posty.

Don't worry about posty. He had this bug setup going and thought he had his 'gotcha' moment with me. Until I enlightened him to the fact that I never once defended Hillary on any of that. And challenged him to find a post where I did. A very embarrassing moment for poor posty.

They want it so bad, yet they can't understand why she hasn't been charged yet. What exactly is holding Darrell Issa and company back?

They want it so bad, yet they can't understand why she hasn't been charged yet. What exactly is holding Darrell Issa and company back?

They might be waiting till the election is closer.

They might be waiting till the election is closer.

I guess, but I'd rather nip her in the bud and take on Bernie than let her get a head of steam. But then again, I'm smarter than your typical republican.

see- - that's naive.

people need defense attorneys all the time even though they didn't do anything wrong.

you live in this simplistic black/white world... there's way more gray than you either care to accept or can understand.

Meh...I've seen "My Cousin Vinny" over 15 times, I'm pretty sure I could handle my own defense.

• If it is determined the ball-deflation policy did apply to Brady, the league failed to give him notice of the penalty, in essence making up the punishment with precedent.
• The NFL doesn't have proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.
• Goodell should have recused himself as the arbitrator for Brady's appeal hearing.

From Yee's rebuttal of the Wells report ... and I'll add: there is 0 evidence against Brady.

These are very powerful defenses and I think Brady will win

The destroyed phone is a red herring; they can't even establish a timeline for when it happened.

Brady is dragging it out. Period. Is it over now that the appeal has been decided on? No. Why? Because pretty boy STILL looks like a cheating liar. So onward he trudges. :yawn:

You are blind on this one big guy. Sure, Brady could end this by giving up. But the NFL could also have ended this by giving up. They've both had their chances to give some ground, and neither have given in at all. So they are equally at fault on that front.

With that in mind, we've all known what eventually has to happen if neither gives up, right? Which side has stalled the process of us getting to that endpoint? The one that takes an average of 8 weeks to act, or the one that takes an average of 1 day to act?

I know you hate Brady and love the league, but I'm not even talking about guilt or innocence anymore. I'm simply talking about the time this has taken. It's not even debatable really. Its like arguing with a drunk girl at 3am.

You are blind on this one big guy. Sure, Brady could end this by giving up. But the NFL could also have ended this by giving up. They've both had their chances to give some ground, and neither have given in at all. So they are equally at fault on that front.

With that in mind, we've all known what eventually has to happen if neither gives up, right? Which side has stalled the process of us getting to that endpoint? The one that takes an average of 8 weeks to act, or the one that takes an average of 1 day to act?

I know you hate Brady and love the league, but I'm not even talking about guilt or innocence anymore. I'm simply talking about the time this has taken. It's not even debatable really. Its like arguing with a drunk girl at 3am.

Einstein, one side is performing an investigation. Gathering facts. Interviewing persons of interests. Consulting with legal representatives. The other side is doing nothing except saying "I'm innocent and I'm not cooperating".

Please,tell me you understand why one side takes longer. D'oh

and yet Brady just needed to act once, a long time ago. What a buffoon.

Einstein, one side is performing an investigation. Gathering facts. Interviewing persons of interests. Consulting with legal representatives. The other side is doing nothing except saying "I'm innocent and I'm not cooperating".

Please,tell me you understand why one side takes longer. D'oh

Of course the NFL will take longer than Brady. I'll admit that. But almost every incident is investigated, a punishment is announced, it is appealed, then a decision on that appeal is decided on. Is the norm for that process to take 6+ months? The whole process should have taken 6 weeks.

At some point we need to step back and remember this is about some air being let out of footballs. Yet people are acting like this case needed to be investigated with the same depth and detail as a franchise laundering money or circumventing the salary cap, as opposed to it being more akin to whether or not a player wore appropriate spikes or gloves. Can you imagine a team accusing Dennis Pitta of wearing improper spikes on an icy field, and the league dragging it out for 6+ months?

The league sees an opportunity to keep it's trouble off the front page, and they are milking it.

• If it is determined the ball-deflation policy did apply to Brady, the league failed to give him notice of the penalty, in essence making up the punishment with precedent.

• The NFL doesn't have proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.

• Goodell should have recused himself as the arbitrator for Brady's appeal hearing.

From Yee's rebuttal of the Wells report ... and I'll add: there is 0 evidence against Brady.

These are very powerful defenses and I think Brady will win

The destroyed phone is a red herring; they can't even establish a timeline for when it happened.

-failed to give him notice of the penalty? Yes...they made up the punishment (likened it to PED use) because nobody had tried such things before and been caught.

-Why should Goodell have recused himself of the job given to him by the CBA. Brady has zero case on that one.

-There is enough evidence to support that Brady knew about it (more likely than not). Strong enough for that threshold.

Those defenses are actually quite weak as they can only go after the process and mostly the appeal process that Brady agreed to through the NFLPA.

The destroyed phone is not a red herring (except to those still having their heads stuck in the sand)

Not looking for where Worms asked for it...but here you go.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-phone-excuse-2015-7

Brady's agent explained — and this was later confirmed by Brady during the appeal — that it was ordinary practice for him to destroy his old phone once he got a new one. The idea is "to destroy the phone so that no one can ever, you know, reset it or do something where the information is available to anyone."

According to the NFL, Brady did not destroy the phone used before the one that was destroyed and even made it available to investigators. Brady used this phone from the spring of 2014 to November 6, 2014, but it was still around when forensic expert Brad Maryman examined Brady's electronic data in the spring of 2015.

The NFL found this suspect:

“This conflicts with the fact that the cellphone that [brady] had used prior to November 6, 2014 was, in fact, available for Mr. Maryman's review. Had Mr. Brady followed what he and his attorneys called his 'ordinary practice,' one would expect that the cellphone that he had used prior to November 6, 2014 would have been destroyed long before Mr. Maryman was hired. No explanation was provided for this anomaly.”

The NFL goes on to call the decision to destroy the cellphone “very troubling,” calling Brady's actions “a deliberate effort to ensure that investigators would never have access to information that he had been asked to produce” and “an affirmative effort by Mr. Brady to conceal potentially relevant evidence and to undermine the investigation.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-phone-excuse-2015-7#ixzz3hKOv3frR

:D

His own agent focking up too.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-bradys-agent-says-nfl-mischaracterized-cell-phone-issue

“Why did Tom cycle through a phone that week?” Yee continued. “It turns out he just got back to the country after taking a trip. Why did he cycle through the phone that week? The iPhone 6 was coming out. [brady] happened to want a new phone and knew Ted Wells’ team didn’t want the actual device, they only wanted information from the device.”

admits they turned over the one phone...claims he got the new one earlier this year because he cycles through phones and the iPhone6 was coming out.

Ooops...phone came out last September...before he supposedly got the Samsung.

And i thought the phone was broken?

How many different stories will we get about his phone?

Yet the homers still will defend him and claim its all crap.

They have lied over and over...changed stories over and over...none of that matters to the blind.

Also shows where the NFL didn't even want the phone...just information.